Author Topic: The Sims 4 Immortal Dynasty Challenge  (Read 707566 times)

Offline Nutella

• Watcher
Re: The Sims 4 Immortal Dynasty Challenge
« Reply #1005 on: April 29, 2015, 09:55:17 AM »
It's very easy to kill Sims by accidentally making them hysterical :(

Yes.  Every dynasty player needs to be careful of their "playful" sim.  The playful emotion if stacked with many positive emotions will become "hysterical" and you will die in a few minutes if you don't remove the hysterical emotion fast.

Offline sdhoey

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
    • sdhoeys Sims & More
« Reply #1006 on: April 29, 2015, 10:17:11 AM »
This is why I watch Rory like a hawk.
EDITED:

@Nutella My third generation twin Jerry is elder and his age bar has been bubbly for a sim week now, and now sign of grim yet. It's been like this with all my spares. Except for Nina who had the Cardiac Explosion and Josh with the Mortified Embarrassment. I hate waiting. Generation Five is about to be born at anytime now.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #1007 on: April 30, 2015, 03:10:54 AM »
Back to square one for me.  My founder died.  In her household Dina, Nina, Don and she all got impending death notices.  Nina was the first to age up and first to get a notice.  Dina was next, then Don and last was my founder.  Of the group she was the youngest.  Nina died first, but had lasted several days past her notice so I had hopes.  Dina and Don were still hale and hearty despite a full ten Sim days of bubbles.  My founder had one day of bubbles.  I'm really bummed.  It would not have been so bad but this time I had everything except the last friends, (2) and the last level of her career.  Sigh.  Gonna go eat chocolate.
What?  Grannies can't play games?
I speak perfect Nooblik, (and some Simlish)!

----------
With A Twist, an Immortal Dynasty
My No Buy Story
Joria's Creations on the Gallery

Offline Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #1008 on: April 30, 2015, 06:28:50 AM »
@Joria - oh, no :( I am so sorry. *hugs*

Offline Nutella

• Watcher
« Reply #1009 on: April 30, 2015, 08:24:11 AM »
@Joria - Sorry.  Do you start your career at level 1?

@sdhoey - Yes.  Sometimes grim comes the very next day after the elder age bar goes bubbly, sometimes weeks, you'll never know. 

Offline sdhoey

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
    • sdhoeys Sims & More
« Reply #1010 on: April 30, 2015, 08:26:22 AM »
Well he finally showed up,  9 days late but yeah. Poor colt, every time he turns around he's sad lately.

Offline Emily Redbird

• Mistress of splitting hairs
  • Llama Wrangler
« Reply #1011 on: April 30, 2015, 09:10:02 AM »
I've had a problem with my heir apparantly being unable to get an A in school - He goes to school every day (4 days now) in a focused mood, has done both his mandatory and optional homework, working hard, with both bars checked the whole day, until the very second school ends, where the performance bar mysteriously turns almost full, leaving him still a B student.

Could I be allowed to count this as an A? Or does anyone know how to solve this problem?

~Emily
"There is always someone who doesn't agree. That's what keeps the machinery going." Fryndse from "Min hund Grog" (My dog Grog) by Storm P.

The Slytherin Immortal Dynasty

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline ilovethesims

• Townie
« Reply #1012 on: April 30, 2015, 09:44:42 AM »
Oh okay. The message that my Sim is dying of laughter just appeared on the right hand corner before I realized it.

Offline Nutella

• Watcher
« Reply #1013 on: April 30, 2015, 10:03:18 AM »
I've had a problem with my heir apparantly being unable to get an A in school - He goes to school every day (4 days now) in a focused mood, has done both his mandatory and optional homework, working hard, with both bars checked the whole day, until the very second school ends, where the performance bar mysteriously turns almost full, leaving him still a B student.

Could I be allowed to count this as an A? Or does anyone know how to solve this problem?

~Emily

I actually ran into this bug during one of my test files.  During school, I check my child school bar and see that he will be getting an "A", gold bar everything checked, but as soon as he gets release from school, the checked mark mysteriously disappears and leaving him with a grade "B", so weird.

Sorry I don't know how to solve this problem, but you have permission to count that as an A.

Offline sdhoey

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
    • sdhoeys Sims & More
« Reply #1014 on: April 30, 2015, 10:51:21 AM »
I guess with GTW, The kids get "Sick Days" from school? My 5th Generation just aged to child and one his first day of school, he took a "sick day'. He had the "pepto" looking bubble pop up so I went into Colts inventory and gave him a bottle of medicine, he drank it and was fine. But the next morning this is what happened. I had no idea this could happen.

Has it happened to anyone else?

Shannon

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #1015 on: April 30, 2015, 11:30:34 AM »
@Joria - oh, no :( I am so sorry. *hugs*

Thanks, big guy.  Hugs right back.

@Joria - Sorry.  Do you start your career at level 1?

Yeah.  I usually take day one to get my founder settled in, start making friends, find a potential spouse.  If I haven't done it day one I get founder a job day two level 1.  Normally I choose culinary career, and fail, this time it was science.  Hard to manage the folks at home doing what needs to be done if you aren't there but I think I've figured out a way and will try that next time around.

Well he finally showed up,  9 days late but yeah. Poor colt, every time he turns around he's sad lately.

He has been having such a rough time of it.  For a "baddie" he really is quite a softie.

----------
My No Buy Story

Offline Emily Redbird

• Mistress of splitting hairs
  • Llama Wrangler
« Reply #1016 on: April 30, 2015, 11:31:21 AM »
I actually ran into this bug during one of my test files.  During school, I check my child school bar and see that he will be getting an "A", gold bar everything checked, but as soon as he gets release from school, the checked mark mysteriously disappears and leaving him with a grade "B", so weird.

Sorry I don't know how to solve this problem, but you have permission to count that as an A.
I will then. I just hope this bug doesn't appear for adult careers  :o

~Emily
"There is always someone who doesn't agree. That's what keeps the machinery going." Fryndse from "Min hund Grog" (My dog Grog) by Storm P.

The Slytherin Immortal Dynasty

Offline Nutella

• Watcher
« Reply #1017 on: April 30, 2015, 11:44:16 AM »
Yeah.  I usually take day one to get my founder settled in, start making friends, find a potential spouse.  If I haven't done it day one I get founder a job day two level 1.  Normally I choose culinary career, and fail, this time it was science.  Hard to manage the folks at home doing what needs to be done if you aren't there but I think I've figured out a way and will try that next time around.

I like to start all my heirs career at level 4, connections reward.  I will find other ways to get back the 3000 whim points spent on connections, I just can't stand starting any career at level 1.  Starting at level 4 also save you time, if I do my math properly, it saves me 6 working days worth of time.

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #1018 on: April 30, 2015, 01:45:45 PM »
I like to start all my heirs career at level 4, connections reward.  I will find other ways to get back the 3000 whim points spent on connections, I just can't stand starting any career at level 1.  Starting at level 4 also save you time, if I do my math properly, it saves me 6 working days worth of time.

Good plan for heirs but you can't do that for founders, right?  How would you wind up with 3000 whim points when brand new?  Hmmmm.  Lot to think about there.

Question for the team:  Since we are allowed to move in "helpers", and since those helpers can be wealthy families like the Landgraabs, why not just move them in immediately?  You get your first lot, you go into manage worlds and have to bulldoze a specific house.  If you choose the Landgraab house we can evict them, and I assume put them in a different house.  There is also a choice to move them, and you can, at that point, move them in with your founder who is sitting on a mid-price empty lot.  You then just move them all back onto the now empty lot that used to hold the Landgraab mansion since your founder has to buy and move into that lot anyway.  Does there need to be a rule made for this?  Seems like a great way to get a lot of money and helpers instantly and there is no rule about moving them in right away.

----------
My No Buy Story

Offline Nutella

• Watcher
« Reply #1019 on: April 30, 2015, 02:52:47 PM »
@Joria

Well for founder, you won't have 3000 points at the start of the game, but you can have 3000 points in as little as one day.  Personally I use soulmate aspiration to get points, but I don't finish it.   You can switch aspiration as many times as you want, just complete anything that gives you whim points.  If you are planning to save the aspiration for future generation, don't complete it.

As for the Landgraabs, I can see the exploit you are referring to.  The team will come up with better wordings in the rule section for this.