Author Topic: The Sims 3 Life States Dynasty Challenge  (Read 898027 times)

Offline JSBrantner

• Townie
Re: The Sims 3 Life States Dynasty Challenge
« Reply #840 on: October 27, 2012, 07:12:42 AM »
Or maybe Gogo wasn't concerned and just wanted to tell us that the Law Enforchement Career has two 5000+ wishes at the end ;)

That is true. To me it read as a concern since those wishes were included in the list already. If I am wrong I apologize for saying anything. It was my helpful side coming out. Thank you for correcting me. Good luck on your Dynasties everyone.
Jaymi

Offline hazelnut

• Watcher
« Reply #841 on: October 27, 2012, 08:35:49 AM »
Or maybe Gogo wasn't concerned and just wanted to tell us that the Law Enforchement Career has two 5000+ wishes at the end ;)

I think all of the careers potentially have two wishes - I've certainly seen it with Nancy Landgraab in the business career.  It's just that they only usually roll one of them.  I suspect it's more likely that both will pop up with ambitious and/or workaholic Sims but it may just be random.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Odie

• Occult
  • Dutch mommy living in Norway
« Reply #842 on: October 27, 2012, 05:11:12 PM »
I am thinking of starting this Dynasty over or maybe starting a second one.
Anyway, the first thing I am going to do is to set up the town Moonlight Falls with the new possible settings given by Rica recently. Also the post of Chuckles will come to good use ;)
I have questions about this. Since I have the bug that double used rabbit hole community lots (f.e. with a school and stadium together on 1 lot) have non functioning opportunities, I want to get rid of all double rabbit holes.

1. Am I allowed to delete them and place seperate rabbit holes where is allowed according to the rules, of course from EA or Union Cove? This would be by far the option I prefer but I worry I get a negative answer... Btw I already got the OK for replacing the school/stadium with to seperate rabbit holes, so maybe that is still OK, but since I am planning to do the whole town I thought I should ask again.
2. OR if not: Am I allowed to place rabbit holes double? The rules say you can only add missing lots. Chuckles suggests to place an extra school and a stadium in MF for instance and that is precisely what I wanted to do because the combined rabbit hole doesn't work, but then I'll have those rabbit holes double.
3. What happens in game when you have double rabbit holes? Will my teenager go to the correct lot to get the opportunity? If not, can I change the school they go to?

Many questions, I hope you understand, if not please ask me! :D
Problem? Don't panic! There is always a solution. You just have to find it  :D

Offline Ricalynn

• Herder of Raptors, Pineapples, Grims, Gnomes, Alphas & Sassypants Squad.
  • Watcher
  • Addicted to Dynasties? *shifty eyes* Not me.
« Reply #843 on: October 27, 2012, 05:17:27 PM »
I am thinking of starting this Dynasty over or maybe starting a second one.
Anyway, the first thing I am going to do is to set up the town Moonlight Falls with the new possible settings given by Rica recently. Also the post of Chuckles will come to good use ;)
I have questions about this. Since I have the bug that double used rabbit hole community lots (f.e. with a school and stadium together on 1 lot) have non functioning opportunities, I want to get rid of all double rabbit holes.

1. Am I allowed to delete them and place seperate rabbit holes where is allowed according to the rules, of course from EA or Union Cove? This would be by far the option I prefer but I worry I get a negative answer...
2. OR if not: Am I allowed to place rabbit holes double? The rules say you can only add missing lots. Chuckles suggests to place an extra school and a stadium in MF for instance and that is precisely what I wanted to do because the combined rabbit hole doesn't work, but then I'll have those rabbit holes double.
3. What happens in game when you have double rabbit holes? Will my teenager go to the correct lot to get the opportunity? If not, can I change the school they go to?

Many questions, I hope you understand, if not please ask me! :D

1) No Deleting of the rabbit holes.
2) Yes you can place a second school,stadium, etc if you so choose.  Remember when you change the empty lots to new designations, you'll be able to purchase them in game and add rabbit holes or make the parks pretty - your choice.   
3) I'm not entirely certain how it works and I may open up a file to figure it out right now.   You should be able to change where you go to school like you can transfer between locations with the cooking career.   Once you're in the right school, the opportunities you get should be for that school and not the one you don't go to.

I am still going to understand.   I know you would prefer to get rid of the rabbit holes but I can't let you do that per the rules.  If you don't want double rabbit holes, I suggest a town that doesn't come with them.  Remember with the proper settings, all towns now have supernatural creatures not just Moonlight Falls.
Origin ID: Ricalynn | Discord: Rica#5389
Current Active Stories: Stayin' Alive: Take 5 - Story about A Grim

Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Offline Odie

• Occult
« Reply #844 on: October 27, 2012, 05:34:17 PM »
1) No Deleting of the rabbit holes.
2) Yes you can place a second school,stadium, etc if you so choose.  Remember when you change the empty lots to new designations, you'll be able to purchase them in game and add rabbit holes or make the parks pretty - your choice.   
3) I'm not entirely certain how it works and I may open up a file to figure it out right now.   You should be able to change where you go to school like you can transfer between locations with the cooking career.   Once you're in the right school, the opportunities you get should be for that school and not the one you don't go to.

I am still going to understand.   I know you would prefer to get rid of the rabbit holes but I can't let you do that per the rules.  If you don't want double rabbit holes, I suggest a town that doesn't come with them.  Remember with the proper settings, all towns now have supernatural creatures not just Moonlight Falls.

Thanks Rica, for answering so quickly.
1. I worried about that... too bad!
2. What do you mean exactly by "Remember when you change the empty lots to new designations, you'll be able to purchase them in game and add rabbit holes or make the parks pretty - your choice." ? Are you talking about the parks only? Since most of the empty lots are parks? You are not talking about the other empty lots, right? Just to be clear, I think you mean if I change the parks to hangouts f.e. I can buy them in game and place rabbit holes, but only missing ones like a film studio or disco or private club, right? Or did you mean anything else?
3. If it is the same way for careers I remember how it will work. Probably clicking the correct school and choose something like change to this school (I hope)

Thanks for wanting to understand :)
Another town doesn't have the supernatural creatures already living there, right? Since my towns always die out, I worry no new supernatural will move in...
Btw, to save me the time of loading and checking all towns, do you (or anyone else ;)) happen to know which towns don't have the lots with two or more rabbit holes on one lot?

Offline Wiry

• Watcher
  • Resident Genie Expert, Evil Simlord.
« Reply #845 on: October 27, 2012, 05:56:35 PM »
I say Sunset Valley is the best option.
William's Wealth and Power Legacy

Fausta Legacy
*Twitch* GENIES!  *Twitch*
"For if Knowledge is Power, then a god am I!"- The Riddler

Offline Margerita

• Immortal
« Reply #846 on: October 27, 2012, 06:43:52 PM »
Twinbrook and Riverview are also two good options since those two also don't have many, if any combined buildings.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

TheTripWasInfraGreen

« Reply #847 on: October 27, 2012, 06:46:01 PM »
And as someone who usually plays in Twinbrook, there is no shortage of supernaturals after a few weeks. I assume that Riverview and Sunset Valley work similarly.

Offline Wiry

• Watcher
  • Resident Genie Expert, Evil Simlord.
« Reply #848 on: October 27, 2012, 06:49:32 PM »
The problem with Twinbrook is the lack of room to add new buildings.
William's Wealth and Power Legacy

Fausta Legacy
*Twitch* GENIES!  *Twitch*
"For if Knowledge is Power, then a god am I!"- The Riddler

TheTripWasInfraGreen

« Reply #849 on: October 27, 2012, 06:53:44 PM »
I've been able to add all the Late Night clubs to Twinbrook, thought the result isn't pretty and they're a little out of the way (about five crammed near the military base, and another four near the Darer abode). Then again, it isn't pretty in any town but Bridgeport.

Offline ladyaya

• The Epic Panda-Cat Lover
  • Watcher
« Reply #850 on: October 27, 2012, 07:09:06 PM »
They don't need to be by a road; Pam in her Immortal Dynasty fit them all into Sunset Valley, but some were never near roads. It's not pretty, but as long as it works, it's fine.

Offline FrozenHotChocolate

• Nooboo
« Reply #851 on: October 27, 2012, 07:10:10 PM »
It seems that when you place an extra non-combined school the kids automatically transfer there, at least that's how it works in my game, no option to transfer.  It works fine for school opportunities but the afterschool opp (I got Ballet Recital) still goes to the original combined school-stadium, and no option to complete it.  Does it still count in that case? You don't always get school opp and able to complete it within the week...

Offline Odie

• Occult
« Reply #852 on: October 27, 2012, 07:11:48 PM »
I've been able to add all the Late Night clubs to Twinbrook, thought the result isn't pretty and they're a little out of the way (about five crammed near the military base, and another four near the Darer abode). Then again, it isn't pretty in any town but Bridgeport.

Yes, but how about the buildings from other expansions like pets and showtime?

Wiry is right, SV is a good option since it has 11 free lots (with all ep's and sp's) and most losts are preplaced. Although that is actually a disadvantage, since many placed lots look out of place. Small buildings are placed on very big lots, so that looks weird and is a waist of space needed for other buildings.

I am actually looking into the worlds of the store Lucky Palms and Lunar Lakes. No lots of ep's are preplaced and LP has 24 (!) available lots and LL has 15. For this reason LP looks most appealing to me and I love what that world looks like. Although I have never played LL, so that could be interesting too. Besides, don't forget there can be many parks purchased and changed. Hmmm, interesting indeed... *dives in the game to do some further research*

Offline Shirin

• Watcher
« Reply #853 on: October 27, 2012, 07:34:24 PM »
As someone who's playing in LP, it's a blast. I didn't place any of the clubs from LN because I don't plan on using Mixology or the celebrity system (paparazzi and the whole "OH NOES OCCULT WOOHOO IS HAPPENING!" annoys me). I was able to place SN buildings fine, though.

Offline Ricalynn

• Herder of Raptors, Pineapples, Grims, Gnomes, Alphas & Sassypants Squad.
  • Watcher
  • Addicted to Dynasties? *shifty eyes* Not me.
« Reply #854 on: October 27, 2012, 07:55:42 PM »
It seems that when you place an extra non-combined school the kids automatically transfer there, at least that's how it works in my game, no option to transfer.  It works fine for school opportunities but the afterschool opp (I got Ballet Recital) still goes to the original combined school-stadium, and no option to complete it.  Does it still count in that case? You don't always get school opp and able to complete it within the week...

If the game doesn't allow you to complete due to glitch then yes it still counts for you per earlier allowances to other players.

@Odie - When you purchase a lot in game, you're allowed to use any of the Objects found in the community section that can be found while in buy mod.  This means that if you redesignated one of the large small parks (that are basically empty but without the <> shape under it) to Big Park and then bought it in game.  You could choose to place the film studio or a school or Bistro or Stadium.  Whatever you wanted to. 

Also - as per the rules - dont forget you can change where lots are preplaced (auto placed) - If Sunset Valley puts the fire station somewhere you don't like it, you have full permission per the new rules to move it to where you want it to free up that spot for something else.

If you have any questions, let me know.  I was able to fit a lot of buildings in Sunset Valley but hardly any of the LN bars because I don't bother with mixology.  You can use UC bars and some of the ones that came with other expansions like the Vampire Lounge of MF, The Dive Bar of AP. 
Origin ID: Ricalynn | Discord: Rica#5389
Current Active Stories: Stayin' Alive: Take 5 - Story about A Grim

Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'