Author Topic: Elysi Immortal Dynasty - Orange Skies  (Read 419352 times)

Offline RainBeau

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Formerly known as ombradellarosa <3
Re: Elysi Immortal Dynasty - A New Arrival
« Reply #585 on: April 27, 2013, 09:05:41 PM »
This is one of those updates I have to reply to in a solid block of rambling text. Prepare yourself.

Eddie looks great! I love his colour scheme. Awww, adorable puppy! I want to snuggle and huggle her! I don't think IB is being very nice to Bubba. If she's going to make him wait she shouldn't make out with him in hot tubs and in her lingerie and sleep in the same bed with him. I guess she's just following Rosetta's advice to keep him interested. That may be a good idea then. I like the hat and leather, too! He looks sooo good in it. Kara is still gorgeous as an elder. You did a good job with her. Even her clothes still look her style, which is impressive for an Elder. Juana is gorgeous, even more so with that fabulous makeover. I tremble for the memory issues the makeovers may be causing. but I couldn't resist making over relatives either. Qiana and Cynthia actually look like twins, which seems unusual for The Sims. Aww, what does Kara's door look like? I want to see it! Can't wait for her Ambrosia chapter--it's should be awesome and angsty!
Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

By samoht04

Offline ve1ocity

• !I believe in Simverse!
  • Occult
  • Sims 4!
    • Six at Sunset
« Reply #586 on: April 27, 2013, 10:55:28 PM »
Really nice update! The hot-tub chaperoning was simply hillarious!

Really nice makeovers too! Who would have thought Emma was capable of such lovely kids! I really like Cynthia!!
Read my newest vampire saga! HIATUS
Mission Unnamed

Will Aphrodite ever find True Love?  HIATUS
Yes, its the Greek Gods! Read their antics!
The Greek Gods : An Immortal Dynasty

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline azokka361

• Watcher
« Reply #587 on: April 29, 2013, 01:09:46 PM »
Nice update!  I think you managed quite successfully to avoid letting "elderhood" cheat her of her youthful personality.

Trust me, I did nothing! Kara simply refused to become old.

A very nice update. Those fairy makeovers are simply wonderful. Nick has made some lovely daughters!

Well, Juana came from Miles and Bebe, but the rest were all Nick.

Nice, fun, and light hearted update :-)

Yay sim puppy!! :D

I figured I had made you suffer enough with sad updates. A puppy is just the thing!

This is one of those updates I have to reply to in a solid block of rambling text. Prepare yourself.

Eddie looks great! I love his colour scheme. Awww, adorable puppy! I want to snuggle and huggle her! I don't think IB is being very nice to Bubba. If she's going to make him wait she shouldn't make out with him in hot tubs and in her lingerie and sleep in the same bed with him. I guess she's just following Rosetta's advice to keep him interested. That may be a good idea then. I like the hat and leather, too! He looks sooo good in it. Kara is still gorgeous as an elder. You did a good job with her. Even her clothes still look her style, which is impressive for an Elder. Juana is gorgeous, even more so with that fabulous makeover. I tremble for the memory issues the makeovers may be causing. but I couldn't resist making over relatives either. Qiana and Cynthia actually look like twins, which seems unusual for The Sims. Aww, what does Kara's door look like? I want to see it! Can't wait for her Ambrosia chapter--it's should be awesome and angsty!

It was quite fun, indeed, and I just couldn't resist. Cleo is a cute widdle puppy, and my own Chiweenie is named Chloe, so it all works out! I think her behavior is a combination of keeping him interested, and her confusion because she always thought Woohoo was a waste of time, but now that she wants to "engage in such activity" with Bubba she's basically going against her own principles, and is postponing the conflict by waiting. And she thinks he's funny when she makes him wait. I'm just happy to have the chance to finally use my Seeing Stars store set! Her wardrobe was surprisingly fun, especially for an elder. I saved Juana to my bin, just because she's so gorgeous! Her door is the one that came with Lunar Lakes, colored neon green and black, and ambrosia coming right up!

Really nice update! The hot-tub chaperoning was simply hillarious!

Really nice makeovers too! Who would have thought Emma was capable of such lovely kids! I really like Cynthia!!

Emma's always produced gorgeous kids for me. She's quite good at passing on genes.
I expect Azokka either to yell at everyone and totally dominate or else get out the popcorn.-Ombradellarosa

Elysi Immortal Dynasty

Offline azokka361

• Watcher
Re: Elysi Immortal Dynasty - 4/28
« Reply #588 on: April 29, 2013, 02:11:38 PM »
Chapter 71 - An Interesting Life

I descended the stairs into the hall at an alarmingly slow rate--for me, anyway. I suppose I must become used to walking a little more slowly than I prefer. For the next four generations, at any rate.

The room beneath the stairs was dark. lit only with two torch-bearing statues and rimmed with mirrors. A mirror in the center of room held the face of the Watcher--silvery pale. It regarded me with a slight smile, as if pleased to see me but unable to express affection.

"Kara Elysi, the Fourth Generation. It has been interesting."

"What's that supposed to mean? Are you the one who urged me to get together with Miles, and ended up ruining my life for weeks and made me marry someone who I didn't love?"

"It was for a good cause. Who would have guessed that you would fall in love with a female alien hybrid? And I was also the one who made sure you ended up with your true love, and helped you have a kid without breaking dynasty rules. You're welcome."

"I should probably tell you that I moved Miles out before he died."

"WHAT? You did--and--why--but--I didn't--"

"Relax, I'm kidding. You can wipe that look off your face."

"Oh. Haha, that was not cool."

"Out of curiosity--who are you, exactly? Why are you Watching us, and not some other family? What do you have access to?"

"Funny. I expected to answer such questions in another generation, when it's your daughter's turn. Suffice to say that I will share more information when you have eaten the Ambrosia, and I can communicate directly with your mind."

"Say what now?"

"I'll have access to your brain soon enough. Don't worry about it, I already control all of your actions. Now, hurry up, unless you want to miss the wedding!"

I walked through the gallery, paying special attention to Grandma Kaylynn's exhibit. Dad and my immortal grandparents swear I look just like her, but the portrait is too blurred to make anything out.

I also look at Rosa's exhibit. It's strange--the wall is sparse, but she has been with us since toddlerhood and we have been best friends since that time. Sometimes I wonder what might have been, if I had fallen out of love with Miles but never met Bianca . . .

Those thoughts vanish the moment I look at Bianca's area. The photographs, especially the ones Iris Bianca took of us in Egypt, show just how happy she always makes me. When I'm with her, I feel the weight of the dynasty lift from my shoulders, and I'm just another person with their beautiful wife. Every time I look at her, I'm struck just as I was that first time at the Student Union.

Despite myself, I must pause at Miles's wall. He was a good man, and he gave me the most beautiful, smart, gifted daughter in the universe. He deserved better than to read the same three medical books over and over until the end of his life. I'm happy that he found some measure of joy with Bebe and the twins.

At long last, I replicate a plate of Ambrosia, sit, and look at it apprehensively. A colorful aura surrounds it, scented heavily with fragrances I could not place.

It begins with just a slight tingle. Then I feel a rush of sensation overwhelm me. The bitter cold as Dad rolls my stroller over the snow, my giggling as he makes vroom vroom noises and throws me up in the air, the quiet of long afternoons spent playing in the library, spray-paint rubbing off onto my fingers as I decorate walls and sidewalks, the wonderful ecstasy of a masterpiece of color, the rush of wind against my face on my motorcycle, the world freezing as I looked at Bianca, the joy I felt at our first kiss, the color surrounding me as Iris Bianca fell into my arms . . .

. . . almost like the color that surrounds me now, as the senses come more and more quickly. The happiness of my little girl as she looked up at me, Bianca's hand holding mine as she agreed to be my girlfriend, the warmth of a ring against my finger as I proposed, the warmth of her skin as it slid onto her hand, petals fluttering against us in the snow . . . coolness of the waterslide against the scorching heat of the Egyptian sun, and the music rolling from my fingertips in the colorful prism that now surrounds me.

My name is Kara Elysi, and I am the Fourth Immortal.

Oh, yeah. Now that's what I'm talking about!

My toddler years were happy ones indeed. I had the most loving family in the world, and they all competed over who got to spend time with me, the usual victor being Dad. As a child, I was so withdrawn and quiet. I spent my time at the library, playing quietly with the teddy bears and dollhouse, and dreaming of a future where I was talented and beautiful.

My teen years have been erased from time, but I need no record to recall them. Anger and rebellion was my life, with the need to act out just so I could prove I wasn't just another teenager in a line of similar girls. I needed to be unique. And as a young adult, I was so confused--there was Miles, and Bianca, and Iris Bianca. At least it was all sorted out before things became permanent.

I think . . . I was happiest as an adult. Miles died and Bianca married me, and Iris Bianca became more communicative and began to truly like her stepmother and me. And now I am an elder, with my wife at my side and my daughter's wedding about to happen above.

It has certainly been interesting.

I expect Azokka either to yell at everyone and totally dominate or else get out the popcorn.-Ombradellarosa

Elysi Immortal Dynasty

Offline Shewolf13

• Queen of the Dragons
  • Watcher
  • Wolf or Jessi is fine ^^
    • Wolfie's Writings
Re: Elysi Immortal Dynasty - An Interesting Life
« Reply #589 on: April 29, 2013, 02:16:44 PM »
Another fantastic Ambrosia chapter!  I really don't know how you do it!  But each one is such a treat to read!  Welcome to the Immortal Life Kara!  Also... her messing with the watcher was great *snickers*  Very cute.

Offline azokka361

• Watcher
« Reply #590 on: April 29, 2013, 04:58:22 PM »
The Fourth Immortal

Immortal 4 - Kara Elysi
Traits - Artistic, Loves the Outdoors, Photographer's Eye, Avant Garde, Rebellious
Likes - Green
Spouse - Miles Forthright
Unique LTW - Visionary
3 Unique LTRs - Extra Creative, Suave Seller, ExtroardinAIRE-Inator
Career - Painting
Unique Supermaxed Skill - Painting
Other Skills - Street Art, Photography
6 Black Ops - Paint a Still Life, Paparazzi!, Commissioned Street Art, Deliver a Painting to France, The Sphinx, The Business of Decor
6 Unique Best Friends - Bianca Elysi, Bebe Hart, Donte Clemons, Elliot Batista, Sherman Lockwood, Brad Bond, Glen Waterman, Chris Lockwood, Arlo Bunch
Owned Building - K's Criminal Operations
Owned Property - Langraab Sell 'n' Swap
Toddler Museum Pieces - Portrait, Photo, Sculpture
Child Museum Pieces - Portrait, Photo, Sculpture
Teen Museum Pieces - Portrait, Photo, Sculpture
YA Museum Pieces - Portrait, Photo, Sculpture
Adult Museum Pieces - Portrait, Photo, Sculpture
Elder Museum Pieces - Portrait, Photo, Sculpture

Elysi Immortal Dynasty

Offline RainBeau

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Formerly known as ombradellarosa <3
Re: Elysi Immortal Dynasty - The Fourth Immortal
« Reply #591 on: April 29, 2013, 05:57:07 PM »
Wow, the things you remember in the ambrosia post. I had completely forgot, for example, that Kara is older than Rosa. Except duh, Rosa is still not an Elder. So I don't know why I forgot that. Anyway, beautiful :)
Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

By samoht04

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline RaiaDraconis

• Crazy Rat Lady
  • Watcher
« Reply #592 on: April 29, 2013, 06:30:39 PM »
Halfway complete! Congratulations on number four!

My bad...I had almost forgotten about Miles's contribution to the gene pool. :P

Offline doxxielover

• Immortal
  • Hello everyone!
« Reply #593 on: April 29, 2013, 08:11:04 PM »
Great update ! Gosh your ambrosia posts are so good !
I love this forum and just want to say thank you to everyone! :) Have a great rest of your day!

Offline Rhoxi

• of the Dojos
  • Watcher
« Reply #594 on: April 29, 2013, 11:03:40 PM »

I love it! Kara might just be my favorite of the immortals so far--although it's so hard to choose! Her elder wardrobe looks fantastic; she aged quite gracefully. It's also nice to get so see makeovers of the kids! Townies really do have the most unflattering clothes most of the time. I can't wait to see the wedding! Kara and the "watcher mirror" were hilarious. She really has had an interesting life!

Offline azokka361

• Watcher
« Reply #595 on: April 30, 2013, 03:03:34 PM »
Another fantastic Ambrosia chapter!  I really don't know how you do it!  But each one is such a treat to read!  Welcome to the Immortal Life Kara!  Also... her messing with the watcher was great *snickers*  Very cute.

I try, I try. I thought it would be difficult to have unique Ambrosia chapters, with the pretty much identical layout, but the Immortals have such strong personalities they seem to write it themselves!

Wow, the things you remember in the ambrosia post. I had completely forgot, for example, that Kara is older than Rosa. Except duh, Rosa is still not an Elder. So I don't know why I forgot that. Anyway, beautiful :)

It's so weird to look back at an elder's baby photos . . . kind of like looking at your grandma's wedding pictures.

Halfway complete! Congratulations on number four!

My bad...I had almost forgotten about Miles's contribution to the gene pool. :P

Yes! It's the furthest I've ever gotten, and I am completely confident of finishing!

I'm still not entirely convinced that Kara didn't just produce IB on her own. Immaculate conception and all.

Great update ! Gosh your ambrosia posts are so good !

Thanks! To me, the ambrosia eating is kinda the summing up of their entire life, so I try to make it good.

I love it! Kara might just be my favorite of the immortals so far--although it's so hard to choose! Her elder wardrobe looks fantastic; she aged quite gracefully. It's also nice to get so see makeovers of the kids! Townies really do have the most unflattering clothes most of the time. I can't wait to see the wedding! Kara and the "watcher mirror" were hilarious. She really has had an interesting life!

I've decided to just not choose a favorite, since I love them all, but Kara is definitely in the Top 4. I think we all knew that Kara would refuse to go dowdy even as an elder--she's just too rebellious.

Elysi Immortal Dynasty

Offline azokka361

• Watcher
Re: Elysi Immortal Dynasty - 4/30
« Reply #596 on: April 30, 2013, 10:19:53 PM »
Chapter 72 - Lavender Petals

I woke up bright and early on my wedding day (three, maybe four?), took a long bubble bath, then hid in the bathroom in a panic while Bubba knocked on the door with increasing desperation, requiring use of the toilet. He finally gave up and went into the main house, while I calmed my nerves with a little chess.

The party began without me, as I used the excuse of Mother's disappearance to postpone the actual ceremony. But at last, with Mother returned from the basement looking vibrant and refreshed, there was nothing to do but find Bubba and stand under the arch. And, looking into Bubba's deep blue eyes, I was no longer nervous. Just . . . so incredibly excited to begin my life with this amazing man.

Mother swore that she wouldn't cry, but the wounds of her bawling filled the cool spring air before the guests had even taken their seats. I'm never going to allow her to forget it, either.

We stood beneath the ancient wooden arch, which had been used for the weddings of four previous generations, and would serve for myself, and my child. Mother had painstakingly painted the wood lilac and wound vines around it, while Grandmother planted purple flowers in the ground nearby.

It was a good thing I had prepared vows previously, for all thought flew from my brain at the wedding itself, but I scarcely heard the words I was speaking. The only image present was one of Bubba's eyes gazing into mine, deep as the ocean, and just as understanding.

I'm afraid Bubba was far more comprehensive in his speech, with the natural charisma that he utilizes for his career. He spoke of the moment he emerged from his lamp and saw me, and how his numerous attempts to woo me led to our first kiss, and his eventual freedom. Bubba could have left and gone anywhere in the world, but instead he chose to bind himself to me, for the rest of eternity. And yes, he truly means eternity. We know what the others don't, and we already have plans.

With the marriage official, we drew into an embrace and kissed as my family and the guests threw rice into the air, and it rained down on us, intermingling with lavender rose petals.

I plead need to use the bathroom, hurried away to the Love Shack, and waited--rather smugly--as one of my grandparents cornered Bubba and directed him to the little hut across the pond.

The look on his face was simply priceless, but I had little time for satisfaction. Instead of gloating for the preferred amount of time (I rarely have the opportunity to surprise my constantly-prepared husband) I tugged him onto the bed next to me.

The experience was . . . enlightening. I was nervous, of course, and may have preferred to wait until the second or third week of marriage, but then I realized that every member of my main line of ancestors had Woohooed often, and far more than necessary, without being required to. So, why not give it a try?

For the record, I am never telling my Mother, Grandmother Bree, Grandfather Nick, or Grandmother Serena that they were right. At least they're not allowed into my area of the house, so I won't need to cover up our "activities."

We finally emerged from the blankets, both in our underwear. Bubba--looking quite handsome even without the hat and jacket, if you were wondering--was the first to speak. "You have no idea how long I've been carrying that wish around.

"Same. Wait--just popped another one. It seems a shame to not fulfill it, since we're already on a bed and it would be so convenient . . ."

In any case, my family allowed us to escape into our little house for the next few days. Our time was spent in peaceful, intellectual conversation over pancakes and lobster thermidor, while listening to Grandmother Serena's favorite band on the stereo.

Peaceful, intellectual conversation, only. After all, we'd hardly waste the two days of vacation from work on kissing and Woohoo! Maybe a little touching, here and there. Gazing into the eyes. Legs grazing under the table. Et cetera.

And, naturally, as a member of the Sims For A Green Sunset Valley, I conserved water with Bubba's assistance and the cooperation of the high-tech shower in our private lavatory.

Of course, I insisted we visit the bedroom in order to better appreciate the lovely wedding photographs Aunt Rosalia took.

I doubt Mother noticed the increasing amount of noise emanating from our area. She and Bianca never came up for air during my honeymoon, as they didn't believe I would do the occasion justice.

Cleo, now a fully adult dog, finally gave up on making the silly sims have common sense and instead dreamt of the mysteries that lay beneath the surface of the house.

During the brief interlude in life, I also redesigned the living and dining areas. We could have easily afforded a more expensive television, but Grandmother Serena didn't want her supermax jeopardized.

Elysi Immortal Dynasty

Offline Shewolf13

• Queen of the Dragons
  • Watcher
  • Wolf or Jessi is fine ^^
    • Wolfie's Writings
Re: Elysi Immortal Dynasty - Lavender Petals
« Reply #597 on: April 30, 2013, 11:16:07 PM »
*cackles* I love that.  Now IB knows why everyone is always all over their significant other kekekekeke.

Offline Eldridge

• I am thou, thou art I
  • Watcher
  • Love all, trust a few, do wrong to none.
« Reply #598 on: May 01, 2013, 02:36:33 AM »
I just have my mood back to do the long-comments thing. You don't have to replied it. Just read it, azokka.
This is what I think and feel about your story. It's just my own way to appreciate someone story ;D

(If I have that mood)

I put on the spoiler because I have my own reason. This is will become nightmare to others :P

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

And here for the polling things.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

*pant*

At least this is finished. I am exhausted for reading 10 chapters each day.
That was beyond my limits.

But, thank you for sharing such beautiful and hilarious story, azokka.
Reading stories always make my day. Includes yours.
You definitely right about Elsy. I love your dynasty as I do love Nathaniel.
But, still can't beat my love for Nathaniel :P

People might be hate him, but I love him with his flaws.
That's what make me always want to tease him :P
And I think you should be the one who should take the blame,
because of Nathaniel one of my Sim mimicking him :P :P :P

*just kidding*

Keep up the great work. Good luck with the rest generation!
You almost there :3

Well, for me. I still have other amazing stories to read on.
So, glad that I can follow you until last update. So, I got nothing to lose :p

Say, hello to Nathaniel for me 'kay ;D

Okay, it's time for me to sleep.
Oh, boy... I will be yawning all day, when I wake up I suppose. *yawn*
“Sometimes the little things in life mean the most.” ― Ellen Hopkins

My Stories:
1. The Demosthenes Immortal Dynasty: Kev's Corner #08 - Thankful (31/12/13)
2. The Goode-Rotter's Life Story: Case Eleven - Signs of Love (27/12/13)

Offline ve1ocity

• !I believe in Simverse!
  • Occult
  • Sims 4!
    • Six at Sunset
« Reply #599 on: May 01, 2013, 10:29:19 AM »
Really great chapters azzoka!

Congratulations to Kara for immortality! Really loved how you have assembled all the important moments of her life in the photoshoot!

I love wedding chapters! Another congrats to to the happy couple. The commentary is just so sweet!
Read my newest vampire saga! HIATUS
Mission Unnamed

Will Aphrodite ever find True Love?  HIATUS
Yes, its the Greek Gods! Read their antics!
The Greek Gods : An Immortal Dynasty