Author Topic: The Sims 4 Immortal Dynasty Challenge  (Read 707856 times)

Offline Nutella

• Watcher
Re: The Sims 4 Immortal Dynasty Challenge
« Reply #225 on: November 12, 2014, 03:33:20 PM »
We do have a rule about editing lot.  The team will discuss this asap.

Editing any lot other than home lot is banned.

Offline Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #226 on: November 12, 2014, 03:35:26 PM »
We do have a rule about editing lot.  The team will discuss this asap.

Editing any lot other than home lot is banned.

Lol - well, there you go. That's why I have my awesome assistants. :) Ok, I guess this just resolved itself.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #227 on: November 12, 2014, 07:07:53 PM »
So, to be absolutely clear, NO putting tombstones anywhere except on your own lot or in inventory.  Right?  I was wondering when I wrote my post if you were considering modifying the no editing rule to something like, "Exception:  Lot.....(fill in the name of small, empty lot), may be used as a cemetery placing tombstones there is allowed but no other modifications".
No other modifications so folks aren't putting in napping or feeding things that could make it easier.  For me, personally, it makes no difference since I will keep my tombstones in inventory.  I hate dealing with ghosts.
What?  Grannies can't play games?
I speak perfect Nooblik, (and some Simlish)!

----------
With A Twist, an Immortal Dynasty
My No Buy Story
Joria's Creations on the Gallery

Offline Franki

• Occult
« Reply #228 on: November 12, 2014, 07:10:20 PM »
Just a random thought (no idea whether it solves anything): do you have a Google+/Gmail account? I believe the sheet is in Goole files or whatever it's called, maybe if you don't have an account it gives an error?

Yup, that's where it's giving me the error... I have tried Chrome, Ice Dragon, Firefox and Safari to see if there was something in Chrome that could have been stopping it, same issue.
Straud/Masters - Tangled and defying untangling attempts

I Aten't Dead - Granny Weatherwax

Offline Nutella

• Watcher
« Reply #229 on: November 12, 2014, 09:03:39 PM »
So, to be absolutely clear, NO putting tombstones anywhere except on your own lot or in inventory.  Right?  I was wondering when I wrote my post if you were considering modifying the no editing rule to something like, "Exception:  Lot.....(fill in the name of small, empty lot), may be used as a cemetery placing tombstones there is allowed but no other modifications".
No other modifications so folks aren't putting in napping or feeding things that could make it easier.  For me, personally, it makes no difference since I will keep my tombstones in inventory.  I hate dealing with ghosts.

I am still waiting to hear back from a few other team members regarding the tombstones situation.  Will update as soon as I have any news.

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #230 on: November 13, 2014, 12:50:01 AM »
At what stage do you give your elder his/her first plate of ambrosia? Is it basically as soon as he/she becomes an elder?
“Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”  ― Dr. Seuss
A Hollingsworth Immortal TS4 Dynasty-Completed Hall of Fame
A Teen Runaway Story - Pets Completed

Remember the Forum Rules. They're there to be followed.

Offline _Annika_

• Immortal
« Reply #231 on: November 13, 2014, 03:32:48 AM »
The game seems fairly consistent in giving you a notification when it gets close to their time, so I wait until they get that notification about getting their affairs in order, and then give them the ambrosia asap.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Nutella

• Watcher
« Reply #232 on: November 13, 2014, 02:19:21 PM »
Added to General Rules and Restrictions:

• Editing any lot other than home lot is banned, except for putting tombstones in substitute cemeteries.
  • Substitute cemeteries: Willow Creek (Magnolia Blossom Park) and Oasis Springs (Desert Bloom Park).

Added to FAQ:

What can I do with the graves of non-immortals?
-- 1. You can keep them on your lot and deal with the ghosts.
-- 2. You can place them in magnolia blossom park (willow creek) or desert bloom park (oasis springs).
-- 3. You can carry around the grave in inventory and essentially never deal with it at all.

Offline dethdukk

• Occult
« Reply #233 on: November 13, 2014, 02:29:23 PM »
Added to General Rules and Restrictions:

• Editing any lot other than home lot is banned, except for putting tombstones in substitute cemeteries.
  • Substitute cemeteries: Willow Creek (Magnolia Blossom Park) and Oasis Springs (Desert Bloom Park).

Added to FAQ:

-- 2. You can place them in magnolia blossom park (willow creek) or desert bloom park (oasis springs).
-- 3. You can carry around the grave in inventory and essentially never deal with it at all.

Can you also place, then release the spirit of the ghost?  I'll be putting mine in the park from now on, but if people just want it gone in general that's an option.
Knethen Immortal Dynasty
Double Time Dynasty Rules (A modification of the immortal dynasty)

Offline Nutella

• Watcher
« Reply #234 on: November 13, 2014, 02:32:21 PM »
Yes you can.  I will add that to the FAQ page about releasing the spirit.

Added:
-- 4. You can release spirit to netherworld and essentially removing the Sim from the game, their grave marker will vanish.

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #235 on: November 13, 2014, 02:38:06 PM »
I guess I should have made my question a little clearer.
Can you give an elder their first plate of ambrosia as soon as they turn into an elder?

Offline Nutella

• Watcher
« Reply #236 on: November 13, 2014, 02:40:19 PM »
Yes you can.  If you have all the requirements completed, you can feed them ambrosia as soon as they turn elder. 

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #237 on: November 13, 2014, 02:47:50 PM »
@ Nutella, thank you for that super fast answer!  :)

Offline Heart Foam

• Immortal
  • Oh the grill indoors will be fine!
« Reply #238 on: November 13, 2014, 02:48:39 PM »
I guess this wont be a regular occurrence, but with some prodigious micro-managing and I suppose luck, my heir just completed TWO childhood aspirations - artistic prodigy and rambunctious scamp.

The age bar was in bubbles, it must have been very close. Oh, and was still an A student. Nearly lost the A because I had to leave school early the last two days. 

That might be of interest regarding items for the museum.
It is a little thing of my own. I call it "Heart Foam". I shall not publish it. Farewell! Patience, Patience, farewell!

Exit Bunthorne.

Offline dethdukk

• Occult
« Reply #239 on: November 13, 2014, 04:40:21 PM »
I guess this wont be a regular occurrence, but with some prodigious micro-managing and I suppose luck, my heir just completed TWO childhood aspirations - artistic prodigy and rambunctious scamp.

The age bar was in bubbles, it must have been very close. Oh, and was still an A student. Nearly lost the A because I had to leave school early the last two days. 

That might be of interest regarding items for the museum.

Also was able to do this.  The second aspiration I got done (as above) the same day as my Sims birthday.  Did Rambunctious Scamp and Whiz Kid.  It was down to the wire though.  Instead of skipping school, I used my points to buy 2 sleep replacements.  Expensive, but it got the job done.  Mostly just wanted to see if it was possible.  I feel like I could have gotten it done earlier, without using the potions, but a couple bad days with needs early on prevented it. 
Knethen Immortal Dynasty
Double Time Dynasty Rules (A modification of the immortal dynasty)