Author Topic: Elysi Immortal Dynasty - Orange Skies  (Read 419326 times)

Offline azokka361

• Watcher
6/18
« Reply #885 on: June 18, 2013, 06:39:24 PM »
Chapter 97 - No Regrets

I cornered Grandma one evening as she wrapped up a painting to store in her room for future use. "Grandma," I began, knowing the subject I was about to introduce was practically taboo, "who was Miles?"

I had taken her by surprise--she almost dropped the painting. It was one of my favorites, a bouquet of brilliantly colored flowers. The colors almost seemed to drip from the canvas and form shapes in the air. "Miles wasn't anyone especially important," she answered carefully, "he was my college boyfriend. And your mother's biological father."

"Did you love him?"

"No. He was a nice guy, but I didn't love him. Why do you ask?"

I shifted from foot to foot sheepishly. "I'm just curious, Grandma. Do you ever wonder what would have happened? If, say, there was no dynasty and no Grandma Bianca?"

She laughed and answered, turning to the TV, "I suppose we would be kind of like the family on that sitcom, the one no one can ever remember the name of." Grandma flipped through the channels until she found the correct one, and turned up the volume.

"Meet the Forthrights, Butterfly. That would be Miles, the boring balding businessman with a somewhat successful, comfortable career and board-game night every other Thursday."

"He doesn't seem at all your type, Grandma."

"He was much more dashing when we first met, but no, he really isn't my type. For one thing, he's a man."

"Now introducing the rebellious teenage daughter with a motorcycle the size of her attitude!"

"Is that you?"

"Believe me, I wish! But no, that's the rebellious teenage daughter, Samantha."

The narrator on TV continued, "And, the glue of the family, Katherine Forthright! She's a housewife with a part-time job at the spa and a no-nonsense wardrobe."

"Oh, please tell me that isn't--"

"Samantha, can you please go up to your room and practice violin before dinner?" Mrs. Forthright asked. Samantha rolled her eyes, eliciting a laugh from the studio audience.

"Trust me, Mikayla, I have no regrets."

"Why are you two watching that ridiculous show?" Mama inquired, turning off the TV. "Mikayla, sweetheart, Jerry's down in the basement preparing a surprise romantic evening. Mother, you have work tomorrow, so you should be heading off to bed. Now, I'm going to go Woohoo with Bubba until seven A.M."

"Iris Bianca, I don't need to hear about that," Grandma moaned.

"Aw, how cute!" I exclaimed. They both turned to look at me like I was insane.

I zipped down to Level B2 to find a romantic dinner laid out with orange rose petals and candles all lit. We ate and I told him all about Grandma's love history, and how waterfalls were really tiny fairies with flashlights, then we made out for a while before going to bed. If you know what I mean.

There are more and more ghosts out every night. We're still not allowed to speak to them, but I sometimes watch through the telescope I converted to binoculars. The most I've seen in one night is five--I recognized none of them, but they all glowed silver with little sparkles of other colors. The colors mingled as they spoke silently, and I tried hard to hear what they were saying but all I heard was little chimes.

The morning of Jerry's big show, I threw him into the spinny globe to calm his nerves.

We arrived at the gig five minutes early, and I gave him a quick long kiss (that is not a typo) before he ran off to set up the stage.

I felt like my blood caught on fire the moment the show began and wasn't extinguished until the minute after the minute after the minute after the minute that it ended. Jerry was absolutely thrilling.

I'd invited out his entire family, but only a few of his siblings showed up. I had a fantastic time sitting with them and cheering, holding up my cell phone like a candle.

Sometimes my mind flashes to where he is, gazing out over the crowd of lights and people. He is a jungle cat, balancing precariously and perfectly on the rolling ball surrounded by flames. It's so beautiful, I almost tear up.

The Holloi Polloi Center truly is enormous. It's nothing but darkness penetrated by the lights of cell phones as far as you can see. And then, like an enormous beacon blazing through the inky cloud, is the stage with my beautiful husband performing impossible feats.

He looked at me and blew a kiss as the lights went down and the crowd behind us faded, like ghosts with silver auras tinged with colors and silent voices that chimed in the night.

We lost each other in the noise and confusion but met outside the doors as people came streaming out, and I was so proud I didn't know where to begin. But I did find a way to start off the conversation.

I expect Azokka either to yell at everyone and totally dominate or else get out the popcorn.-Ombradellarosa

Elysi Immortal Dynasty

Offline Shewolf13

• Queen of the Dragons
  • Watcher
  • Wolf or Jessi is fine ^^
    • Wolfie's Writings
Re: Elysi Immortal Dynasty - No Regrets
« Reply #886 on: June 18, 2013, 06:48:41 PM »
Wow!  Awesome show for Jerry!  hehe, and that little sit-com thing was great.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline doxxielover

• Immortal
  • Hello everyone!
« Reply #887 on: June 18, 2013, 07:10:27 PM »
Nice sit-com!! And I love Mikayla and Jer-bear so much. And... Bubba and Iris Bianca. And... Bree and Brandon. And.......... Nick and Lolita. Those are my top 4. I love the other immortals too of course but these and my favorite couples. Even though I favor double B (Brandon and Bree, B-B )I have love for the others ;) . Just thought I would say that, haha. Anyway great update!!
I love this forum and just want to say thank you to everyone! :) Have a great rest of your day!

Offline chetanhaobijam

• Chet for short
  • Immortal
« Reply #888 on: June 18, 2013, 10:32:45 PM »
Great update and awesome show. It seems that Jerry is a master acrobat. All of the Elysi couples are lovely and are my favourite, but the only couple I like the most is Bree and Brandon. It was nice to see their romance before and after  their marriage and also in the university.
Chetan.
Chetan's Designs(my Sims3 Creations)

by Swirl~Girl

Offline Pyro0001

• Glitch Receiver
  • Occult
« Reply #889 on: June 19, 2013, 03:39:14 AM »
It was great to see 'Miles' again! Well, maybe not Miles, but his bald lookalike. Jerry's acrobatic show was awesome.
The Bertone Immortal Dynasty | Pyro's Studio

'You know what they call Quarter Pounders in Paris? Royale with Cheese.' - Vincent Vega, Pulp Fiction

Offline Hallucination

• Occult
  • Resident Legacy Addict
« Reply #890 on: June 19, 2013, 02:18:41 PM »
1) They should sue that show.
2) Some of the screenshots of Jerry's performance were just beautiful.
3) In the screenshot where Mikayla is waving her cellphone, there is a lady, two people behind her. She has dark hair, is wearing a purple sweater, and will appear in my nightmares tonight. What is with the black hollows for eyes?
I'm not pedantic! I just believe in precision of language.

Green Witch Legacy

Offline azokka361

• Watcher
« Reply #891 on: June 19, 2013, 03:49:15 PM »
Wow!  Awesome show for Jerry!  hehe, and that little sit-com thing was great.

They were both loads of fun to create and shoot. Kara is extremely fun to make into a boring person.

Nice sit-com!! And I love Mikayla and Jer-bear so much. And... Bubba and Iris Bianca. And... Bree and Brandon. And.......... Nick and Lolita. Those are my top 4. I love the other immortals too of course but these and my favorite couples. Even though I favor double B (Brandon and Bree, B-B )I have love for the others ;) . Just thought I would say that, haha. Anyway great update!!

Good to know I'm not the only one! I see that your obsession of Brandon-Bree continues.  :)

Great update and awesome show. It seems that Jerry is a master acrobat. All of the Elysi couples are lovely and are my favourite, but the only couple I like the most is Bree and Brandon. It was nice to see their romance before and after  their marriage and also in the university.
Chetan.

I've never gotten to play a live show venue before, and it was very epic! I love Brandon and Bree too, and they're probably in my top six favorite Elysi couples  ;) .

It was great to see 'Miles' again! Well, maybe not Miles, but his bald lookalike. Jerry's acrobatic show was awesome.

I never felt like I really did him justice, so I'll have to do something in the end to assuage my guilt.

1) They should sue that show.
2) Some of the screenshots of Jerry's performance were just beautiful.
3) In the screenshot where Mikayla is waving her cellphone, there is a lady, two people behind her. She has dark hair, is wearing a purple sweater, and will appear in my nightmares tonight. What is with the black hollows for eyes?

1) What? Why? For pure awesomeness?
2) I would recommend creating a master acrobat just to perform a gig in a live show venue. It was truly unreal.
3) Haha, the game generates dozens of strange plastic-y people to sit in the crowd. It's quite epic.

Attention:
Thank you all for 30,000 views! Woohoo! (Not Woohoo, you know what I mean!)

*Cue soundtrack to Party Rock Anthem*
I expect Azokka either to yell at everyone and totally dominate or else get out the popcorn.-Ombradellarosa

Elysi Immortal Dynasty

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline azokka361

• Watcher
6/19
« Reply #892 on: June 19, 2013, 04:19:13 PM »
Chapter 98 - Weight of the World

We finally got an archery range! How freaking awesome is that?

I love the exact moment when you begin to release the arrow, breathing so slowly and letting go with one hand while tightening the other as it flies away like a flaming butterfly . . .

Watching, watching as it zips forward towards the target . . .

And slams into the wooden board, piercing the apple.

Grandma Bree and Serena love the archery range, too. We're always competing for the highest score on the leaderboards.

I think Mama and Daddy could be interested in medieval sports, too, if they weren't otherwise occupied. I'm very worried about Daddy, but more worried about Mama. Daddy has come to terms with the fact that he has to die someday soon, but Mama still refuses to accept it.

They're so in love that it's almost painful to watch, the glow coming off is so blindingly bright.

Daddy has decided that, as the champion of the Classical branch of music, he should probably take up a classical instrument. He's a wonderful violin player, and Mama finds it extremely sexy.

Extremely sexy.

I suppose my fellow Elysi women and I all have our turn-ons. Mama's is the violin, and I enjoy watching Jerry try to beat his high score in bowling.

I really enjoy it.

Jerry-Beary celebrated his adult birthday, which served as a reminder that he is older than me, and someday he's going to die and I'll be all alone in a house of kooky old people, just like what's about to happen to Mama. I push those thoughts out of my head when I look at Jerry.

He's just so beautiful, to me. To the world.

For his birthday, I took him to Grandma Bree's championship game. He's actually her agent, now, so he got us amazing seats in the very front row! Afterwards, we went to the bistro, where I told him all about how amazing it was to be working in the military.

Then I took him home. Literally.

Perhaps it was all of my questions prompting her, but Grandma found new love. It's nothing serious, since her heart belongs to Grandma Bianca, but she can be seen flirting with genie Meagan Leggett.

Grandma Bree and Serena flipped a coin to see who would get to burn the leaf piles this year.

That's all adorable and sweet and etc., but I have too many concerns to properly enjoy it. The aliens are closing in, and our weapons aren't nearly advanced enough to present a real defense. The only possibility of victory that we have is the alien spaceship passed down from Grandma Bianca, which I have been tinkering with for hours every day with some success.

During the day, the weight of the world is on my shoulders, but at night the world disappears and the only people left are me and Jerry.

Even our dreams are filled with each other, and I love to dream about life after the dynasty, when we're both young as we were the day we met, and living in a beautiful orange world filled with butterflies and warm wind.

Don't think I can't see you, aliens . . . you're just as clear to me now as you were when I was a child. Only now I have a laser cannon and I'm not afraid to use it.

"Hehehehehehehehe . . . Jerry!"

Elysi Immortal Dynasty

Offline Niana

• Occult
Re: Elysi Immortal Dynasty - Weight of the World
« Reply #893 on: June 19, 2013, 04:27:07 PM »
The archery range looks so cool!! And how incredibly perfect that Jerry was dreaming of butterflies while Mikayla was thinking about him  :-*

Hope you get Mikayla's pregnancy issues sorted out soon! *fingers crossed* for you!

Offline Shewolf13

• Queen of the Dragons
  • Watcher
  • Wolf or Jessi is fine ^^
    • Wolfie's Writings
« Reply #894 on: June 19, 2013, 06:22:38 PM »
Awwww!  Another beautiful chapter for me to squee at!  Adorable update Azokka!  Though the talk of Bubba dying makes me cringe and tear up every time...

Offline doxxielover

• Immortal
  • Hello everyone!
« Reply #895 on: June 19, 2013, 06:23:27 PM »
What did the archery range come with?

Mikayla has pregnancy issues? Did you say that and it flew over my head?
Like a glitch? Or is that another way of saying bubba has to die? :'( :'(

Haha I cant wait to when Mikayla meets Bianca. Are they going to hate each other? Well I guess that's for only you to know....for now!  ;D

Great Update!
I love this forum and just want to say thank you to everyone! :) Have a great rest of your day!

Offline chetanhaobijam

• Chet for short
  • Immortal
« Reply #896 on: June 19, 2013, 09:08:09 PM »
Great update. The archery range was cool. I think it is from Dragon valley. Maybe next time, it will be dragons on the household.
Chetan.

by Swirl~Girl

Offline Pyro0001

• Glitch Receiver
  • Occult
« Reply #897 on: June 19, 2013, 11:02:21 PM »
That archery range looks awesome. As Chetan mentioned, I'm pretty sure it comes with Dragon Valley. It's so funny that Mikayla still is arranging a war against the aliens! It makes me laugh every time. I really hope she gets pregnant soon.
The Bertone Immortal Dynasty | Pyro's Studio

'You know what they call Quarter Pounders in Paris? Royale with Cheese.' - Vincent Vega, Pulp Fiction

Offline RainBeau

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Formerly known as ombradellarosa <3
« Reply #898 on: June 19, 2013, 11:22:35 PM »
It actually comes from the venue designed to complement Dragon Valley, Duke of Bows Renaissance Faire. As does the violin. All of which I am so incredibly jealous.

Have I ever mentioned how perfect it is that Mikayla is in the military? You explained it so well. Of course she's in the military, she has to fight the aliens! Of course!
Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

By samoht04

Offline chetanhaobijam

• Chet for short
  • Immortal
« Reply #899 on: June 20, 2013, 01:58:59 AM »
Yeah, Mikayla's job is perfect for the fight against aliens. She will become an astronaut, launch to the alien planet, and shoot them down by her plasma cannons. And I hope she win the battle and saved the earth from alien invasion.
Chetan.

by Swirl~Girl

anything