Author Topic: The Sims 4 Immortal Dynasty Challenge  (Read 707465 times)

Offline _Annika_

• Immortal
Re: The Sims 4 Immortal Dynasty Challenge
« Reply #300 on: November 18, 2014, 01:27:06 AM »
Non-immortal sims may buy the potions of youth for immortals but only to be used as an ingredient in their ambrosia. They cannot use the potions of youth to contribute to their requirements because immortals must complete all of their own requirements. Ambrosia is not the requirement (unless you are using plates of it for the museum), it is the reward for completing the requirements. Does that make it clearer?

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #301 on: November 18, 2014, 02:33:50 AM »
Just to clarify, yes I meant Potions of Youth.
1. All sims can buy Potions of Youth for making ambrosia.
2. All non-immortal sims can buy any potions and use them as long as they do not extend their life (So non-immortals drinking Potions of Youth is banned) but, for example, a non immortal could use Never Weary
3. All requirements for immortals must be bought by that immortal sim themself. So if my founder wants to have the 'Marketable' potion as one of their 4 rewards then it must be bought using his points.

The confusion came for me because I mistaken thought that only immortals could purchase their own Potions of Youth for making  ambrosia. This is not the case (see point 1)

Sorry if my questions confused you. This is my first dynasty ever and I'm still finding my way.
“Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”  ― Dr. Seuss
A Hollingsworth Immortal TS4 Dynasty-Completed Hall of Fame
A Teen Runaway Story - Pets Completed

Remember the Forum Rules. They're there to be followed.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Franki

• Occult
« Reply #302 on: November 18, 2014, 05:38:21 AM »
Quick question, Are the kids drawings allowed into the museum or only the adult paintings??

Just trying to work out if the drawings kids do on the activity table are allowed into the museum or do you have to wait until they are old enough to use the easel.

Anyone got an answer to my question??? I don't mind if it's a No, but I just want to be sure.
Straud/Masters - Tangled and defying untangling attempts

I Aten't Dead - Granny Weatherwax

Offline MissZoef

• Occult
« Reply #303 on: November 18, 2014, 05:52:11 AM »
Are you just using the suggested interactions that show up on first click? Have you tried looking under all the friendly socials? And yes, you do have to do it at night time.

Yes I have the suggested interactions on first click, but I have looked under friendly socials ;-)

I remember when I did it, I invited a romantic interest over late at night (around 10pm), and after several conversations, it showed up under friendly social interactions 

I tried it with my heir's wife outside at my house and outside in the park. I just did a bunch of social interactions, but it didn't came up.

@ MissZoef, you're outside right? It only comes up when you're outside. I'm pretty sure if you get into a conversation then do the 'go here together' and go outside, chat for a bit and then it should come up. Only happens at night from 11pm to about 4.00am-ish... if I remember correctly... I have a vague recollection that it may be connected to confident emotion. If so just brush your teeth then you should be right. Sorry, it's been a while since I've done that career path.

I will try it again with the confident emotion on. It might be that the one time I saw the interaction, was when he felt confident (not entierly sure though). Hopefully I will get it done today. So annoying if such a tiny thing is intervering with my plans :P
I had the same problem with an adult sim giving a toast at a birthday party. Untill this day I have not been able to get it done, even though I do the things everyone is telling me to. Hopefully it won't be so diffuclt with this interaction :)

Offline Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #304 on: November 18, 2014, 07:32:16 AM »
Anyone got an answer to my question??? I don't mind if it's a No, but I just want to be sure.

Sorry for the delay. Unless the other team members feel differently, I do not see why kid's drawing could not count as a separate category of items - go for it.

Offline Nutella

• Watcher
« Reply #305 on: November 18, 2014, 08:35:52 AM »
Why would kid's drawing be count as a separate category?  Do they use different skill other than painting? 

Offline Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #306 on: November 18, 2014, 08:38:28 AM »
I guess I have not completely woken up yet - I was confused by Franki's word choice - drawings and not paintings. I have not done any kid stuff to date. So, it's just paintings by kids? Franki is that what you're asking?

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Everything in life is here to drive you crazy. R.T
« Reply #307 on: November 18, 2014, 10:19:11 AM »
Kids' drawings are done on the activity table and develop the child skill, creativity. The largest value that I have received for one is $15.
When the Zombies Come(Completed)--100 Nooboos Nabbed

Enjoy writing stories? Please check the Rules for Stories before posting.

Offline dethdukk

• Occult
« Reply #308 on: November 18, 2014, 11:12:26 AM »
Kids' drawings are done on the activity table and develop the child skill, creativity. The largest value that I have received for one is $15.

Highest value I've seen was a $4 one, but I never tried drawing after capping creativity.
Knethen Immortal Dynasty
Double Time Dynasty Rules (A modification of the immortal dynasty)

Offline Songsmith

• Nooboo
« Reply #309 on: November 18, 2014, 11:20:10 AM »
Okay, I have another question to add to the mysteriously disappearing food question.

I want my writer sim to write books. That's fine and more than doable. She has a bunch already. However, I would like her to write Books of Life on each family member who will die. I know that during the challenge the books cannot be used and don't plan on doing so. I only want to have the chance to bring back some of these sims once the challenge is over. Would it be okay to make the books of life her contribution? Fine if not.

Offline Nutella

• Watcher
« Reply #310 on: November 18, 2014, 11:21:06 AM »
If it is tied to the creativity skill I am okay with counting kid's drawing as a separate category for the museum list.  Team thoughts?

Offline Nutella

• Watcher
« Reply #311 on: November 18, 2014, 11:26:57 AM »
Okay, I have another question to add to the mysteriously disappearing food question.

I want my writer sim to write books. That's fine and more than doable. She has a bunch already. However, I would like her to write Books of Life on each family member who will die. I know that during the challenge the books cannot be used and don't plan on doing so. I only want to have the chance to bring back some of these sims once the challenge is over. Would it be okay to make the books of life her contribution? Fine if not.
Can't help with the food question, no idea how your sim is getting to the food with no refrigerator and no doors.

As for the book of life, as long as you don't "use" them, you can make book of life as your museum contribution.  Just make sure none of your sim accidentally roam into the museum and use the book of life (like your food problem), that would disqualify you for HOF.

Offline Trip

• Challenge Board Assistant
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Three Chihuahuas in a Trenchcoat
« Reply #312 on: November 18, 2014, 11:28:41 AM »
I agree with the ruling on Books of Life. Write them, but don't use them during the dynasty.

If it is tied to the creativity skill I am okay with counting kid's drawing as a separate category for the museum list.  Team thoughts?

It's part of a separate skill, so I'm fine with it.
No respect, no chance, cease and desist when I chant-

Forum Rules / Outrun / Defunded

Offline lvrugger

• Occult
« Reply #313 on: November 18, 2014, 11:30:11 AM »
Another book of life question. Is it permissible to use them to cure moodlets as long as they're not used to extend life?

Offline Nutella

• Watcher
« Reply #314 on: November 18, 2014, 12:27:14 PM »
If you don't use the book of life for extending lifespan, I don't have a problem with you using it to soothe negative moods.  Let's hear what the rest of the team have to say about this.

anything