Author Topic: The Sims 4 Immortal Dynasty Challenge  (Read 698077 times)

Offline Trip

• Challenge Board Assistant
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Three Chihuahuas in a Trenchcoat
Re: The Sims 4 Immortal Dynasty Challenge
« Reply #315 on: November 18, 2014, 12:38:38 PM »
I'm fine with it too. We should amend the rules to make it clear that non-life extending uses of the Books are okay.
No respect, no chance, cease and desist when I chant-

Forum Rules / Outrun / Defunded

Offline Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #316 on: November 18, 2014, 12:42:36 PM »
I'm fine with it too. We should amend the rules to make it clear that non-life extending uses of the Books are okay.

I am fine with that too.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline christinal3106

• Occult
« Reply #317 on: November 18, 2014, 01:38:29 PM »
I am going to get sims 4 soon, and I am so excited, I have already started planning my immortal dynasty!  I have a few questions, and I appreciate your time.
1. Can immortals complete portions of aspirations that are unique to other immortals if they don't complete them fully?
2. Can immortals complete tasks on other aspirations before completing their 2 unique aspirations?
3. Do mounted fish retain their original value?  Do rotten fish in fish bowls retain their original value?
4. In the sims 3 immortal dynasty, the immortals could do other age extension techniques after they ate ambrosia the first time.  In this one, do you continually have to feed them ambrosia or can they just drink the potion after eating ambrosia once?
5. Do focused painting's values depend on logic or painting skill?  How much are the usually worth?
Thank you in advance for responding.

Offline Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #318 on: November 18, 2014, 03:15:28 PM »
I am going to get sims 4 soon, and I am so excited, I have already started planning my immortal dynasty!  I have a few questions, and I appreciate your time.
1. Can immortals complete portions of aspirations that are unique to other immortals if they don't complete them fully?
2. Can immortals complete tasks on other aspirations before completing their 2 unique aspirations?
3. Do mounted fish retain their original value?  Do rotten fish in fish bowls retain their original value?
4. In the sims 3 immortal dynasty, the immortals could do other age extension techniques after they ate ambrosia the first time.  In this one, do you continually have to feed them ambrosia or can they just drink the potion after eating ambrosia once?
5. Do focused painting's values depend on logic or painting skill?  How much are the usually worth?
Thank you in advance for responding.

1. Yes.

2. Yes.

3. Unsure.

4. No age extension techniques at all - you have to continually eat Ambrosia to stay alive.

5. Not sure. Sorry.

Offline MissZoef

• Occult
« Reply #319 on: November 18, 2014, 04:14:25 PM »
Still not been able to get the 'Get the Starry Night Moodlet from Point Out Constellation Social Interaction' requirement for my heir's astronaut career. It drives me crazy :P losing precious time here and I already feel like I'm running out of time in general with this guy. I'm wasting nights trying it out. How hard can it be? If someone knows the exact things you have to do to get it, please let me know. I feel like I shouldn't really continue untill I figure out how, because I will waste too much time and fail the dynasty because of it (I hope not!). I'm gonna give it one last shot and if that doesn't work maybe create a test file to try it out.
Would be a shame if I fail the dynasty because of this >.<

edit: tried it out again. Went to the park at night, talked to a random stranger (while in the happy mood) and it immediately showed up. Now I hope I'll get to lvl 10 in time, wasted quite a few days that I could be promoted because of this :P. Glad that's done now.

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #320 on: November 18, 2014, 04:38:03 PM »
@ MissZoef, I went into my legacy game and used my astronaut sim to try this out for you. She got the interaction when she was both focused and confident. Both times it came up under friendly socials after chatting about other stuff for about 10 game mins. She was outside at night and was just talking to a friend and not a household member. I had made sure that her needs were all well cared for.
The interaction she used to get the starry night moodlet is 'point out constellations'
The only other thing I can think of is that it is linked to a skill level. I don't know how to test for this though... I'm sure it is accessible at level 7 of the astronaut career.
Even if you are outside with the other sim, try doing the 'go here together' interaction to another part of the garden, chat for a bit then the 'point out constellations' should totally come up.
Best of luck.
“Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”  ― Dr. Seuss
A Hollingsworth Immortal TS4 Dynasty-Completed Hall of Fame
A Teen Runaway Story - Pets Completed

Remember the Forum Rules. They're there to be followed.

Offline MissZoef

• Occult
« Reply #321 on: November 18, 2014, 04:40:18 PM »
@ MissZoef, I went into my legacy game and used my astronaut sim to try this out for you. She got the interaction when she was both focused and confident. Both times it came up under friendly socials after chatting about other stuff for about 10 game mins. She was outside at night and was just talking to a friend and not a household member. I had made sure that her needs were all well cared for.
The interaction she used to get the starry night moodlet is 'point out constellations'
The only other thing I can think of is that it is linked to a skill level. I don't know how to test for this though... I'm sure it is accessible at level 7 of the astronaut career.
Even if you are outside with the other sim, try doing the 'go here together' interaction to another part of the garden, chat for a bit then the 'point out constellations' should totally come up.
Best of luck.

thanks I just got it done (thankfully!) So that problem is solved :)

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline christinal3106

• Occult
« Reply #322 on: November 18, 2014, 05:43:46 PM »
Thanks Metro, I read on the simsvip fishing guide the fish do retain their value if in fish bowls after I asked.  Still not sure about the focused paintings though.  Does anyone know of a resource for that.  I have looked all over the internet and still can't find anything.

Offline ManiSims

• Occult
« Reply #323 on: November 18, 2014, 07:08:38 PM »
After the immortals eat Ambrosia, may we place Death Flowers in their inventory in case of an accidental death like in the Sims 3 Immortal Dynasty?

Offline Shewolf13

• Queen of the Dragons
  • Watcher
  • Wolf or Jessi is fine ^^
    • Wolfie's Writings
« Reply #324 on: November 18, 2014, 07:11:15 PM »
Another Sim has to plead for them, they can't just give it to Grim in this one.  Others can correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe that's how it works.

Offline Trip

• Challenge Board Assistant
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Three Chihuahuas in a Trenchcoat
« Reply #325 on: November 18, 2014, 07:20:12 PM »
Yeah, the deathflowers are different this time around. Obviously, you can't plead to Grim for your average mortal or pre-ambrosia immortal, but I don't know if there was any talk about what to do for post-ambrosia immortals.
No respect, no chance, cease and desist when I chant-

Forum Rules / Outrun / Defunded

Offline Franki

• Occult
« Reply #326 on: November 18, 2014, 08:18:45 PM »
New question, is there a way to keep the angelfish fresh? they keep going foul on me before I can use them to make ambrosia.
Straud/Masters - Tangled and defying untangling attempts

I Aten't Dead - Granny Weatherwax

Offline _Annika_

• Immortal
« Reply #327 on: November 18, 2014, 09:16:12 PM »
Nope, but you can use them to cook with anyway.

As for the mathematical diagrams (focused paintings) I believe that they are based on the logic skill, not painting. Also, masterpieces are disabled for them. I discussed the mechanics of paintings in one of the painting threads with Darkwalker who is very good at interpreting the xml files for the game.

Offline sdhoey

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
    • sdhoeys Sims & More
« Reply #328 on: November 18, 2014, 09:25:55 PM »
Yeah, the deathflowers are different this time around. Obviously, you can't plead to Grim for your average mortal or pre-ambrosia immortal, but I don't know if there was any talk about what to do for post-ambrosia immortals.

So if our Second gen is at deaths door and still needs a promotion before eating ambrosia, grim comes to take them, we can't plead for them? :-[

Offline GlazeyLady

• Watcher
  • I'm not home alone.  My sims are all here.
« Reply #329 on: November 18, 2014, 11:39:25 PM »
Non-immortal sims may buy the potions of youth for immortals but only to be used as an ingredient in their ambrosia. They cannot use the potions of youth to contribute to their requirements because immortals must complete all of their own requirements. Ambrosia is not the requirement (unless you are using plates of it for the museum), it is the reward for completing the requirements. Does that make it clearer?

Yes!  Thank you - that's exactly where I was getting hung up - I was thinking of Ambrosia as a requirement because it's something they have to do - rather than thinking of requirements as the requirements for eating Ambrosia.

Thanks!