- New Aspirations in Realm of Magic: Purveyor of Potions and Spellcraft and Sorcery
- Curses Guide
- Realm of Magic Review Video
- Realm of Magic Tips Video
- Magical Bloodline and Caster Offspring
- Realm of Magic Guide
- Realm of Magic Cheats
- Spellcasters in Realm of Magic
- Spellcaster Perks
- Spells List, Casting & Effects
- Spells List Updated & Info on Charge
- Around the World of Glimmerbrook
- Sims 4 Realm of Magic is Available Now. Here’s My Opinion On the Pack
- The Sims 4 Realm of Magic Features Deep-Dive
- Tutorial: Using The Sims 4’s New Stair Customization Tool
- New Staircase Tool – Sims 4 Maxis Monthly Livestream Recap
The Sims 4 Vampires Game Pack
Guide to Gameplay Additions and Features
The Sims 4 Vampires arrives January 24, 2017 for PC and Mac. Click to enlarge this for a better look - you might even want to use it as a wallpaper!
The Sims 4 Vampires Game Pack arrives January 24, 2017. This new pack allows players to make Vampire Sims, with detailed character creation (down to the fangs and their alternative dark form). Vampires gain ranks, from fledgling to grand master, and pick up new powers along the way. The pack includes a neighborhood, as well as many occult-themed objects with which to decorate the home. This guide to The Sims 4 Vampires will show you the majority of new gameplay features in the pack and lead you to more detailed information that shows you how to become a creature of the night and what to do if your Sim encounters one.
Main Vampire Guides
- Vampires - All about the life state - How to be a Vampire and how their needs, levels, and powers work.
- How to Use Vampires Cheats
- Power Points & Vampires - Improving your Vampire Rank and Power Points
- Powers and Weaknesses - What They Do - Selecting powers and what they do for your Sim.
- Vampire Lore Skill - Learn useful Vampire recipes and defenses
The Sims 4 Vampires: Guides and Features
Becoming and Playing a Vampire (Guide)
In this guide, you'll learn how to become a vampire in the game pack. This new system is rather detailed, allowing players to ascend in power, from playing as a weaker Fledgling, to taking on now abilities and weaknesses as they lose their humanity and become a more powerful Grand Master. Vampires thrive on plasma, which satisfies their thirst, and are weak to sunlight and garlic. Vampires ditch the Energy, Bladder, and Hunger needs for Vampire Energy (which doubles as mana for using abilities but doesn't deplete normally) and Thirst, which must be satisfied by consuming plasma.
You can customize the look of your vampire in Create-a-Sim, choosing the length of their fangs, and how they look when they take on their Dark Form. This second form gives Vampires a nasty evil look and is used to reveal their true nature.
Vampire Ranks & Levels (Guide)
As Vampires use their powers to feed and meditate to recover energy, they gain ranks. Each rank up gives the player points and unlocks extra vampire powers. This guide will teach you about the various ranks of vampire and how you can level up.
Vampire Powers and Weaknesses (Guide)
Vampires in the Game Pack have both powers and weaknesses. For each Vampire Rank you gain, you will accumulate more power points that can be spent on new abilities and perks. However, in order to avoid losing too much humanity, a vampire must adopt weaknesses to balance them out. As they grow stronger in undeath, it is sensible that they may lose the ability to eat regular foods, or hiss uncontrollably. Vampires might learn to turn into a bat or mist in order to get around faster, increase resistance to sunlight, mind control other Sims, or make themselves more attractive. There are many perks to be picked up, and you can supermax beyond Grand Master to learn them all! Read this guide to learn all about Vampires' powers and just what they do.
Vampire Lore (Guide)
There is a new skill in The Sims 4 Vampires. The new Vampire Lore skill lets regular Sims learn about the undead and the ways that they can protect themselves. This knowledge may also serve regular vampires, because they can get the ability to order Plasma Packs, which let them drink blood on the go.
Other Gameplay Features & Additions
- A New Neighborhood Yep, this pack comes with a new neighborhood, too! It is not a full world, but an unique place to build your vampire's lair. Forgotten Hollow looks about as Gothic as you'd expect it to look given the dark theme of the pack (pictured below). This neighborhood is well suited for vampires with its much longer night phase, great for a vampire family.
Click to Enlarge. Night shots of the forgotten hollow town square and the Vladislaus Straud Mansion, which is home to an ancient Vampire.
- Vampire Visits at Night - While you'll naturally encounter Vampires out and about at night, Vampires can also visit your Sim while they're sleeping, just to get a little drink. Maybe you should turn to the computer to begin learning vampire lore in order to defend against them!
- New Looks: With such a focused pack, you can expect many character customization options in CAS. Players can select from an assortment of new clothing, hair, and even give their vampire the right fangs for the look. Vampire styles range from normal-looking to classic Nosferatu vampires, bald and with pointy ears.
- New Build and Buy Mode Objects: You can decorate your lot, or the new town of Forgotten Hollow, with your own Gothic architecture and incorporate decor fit for a creepy vampire family.
- New Skill - Pipe Organ: Sims can learn to play the organ and become a true master of creepy music. Like other music skills, you can of course license songs to make a little extra money.
- Coffins & Bat Woohoo: Coffin beds are available for Sims, and of course you can woohoo in them - I mean, who would have guessed otherwise... Two Vampires that both have the ability to transform into a bat are able to woohoo right where they stand! Also weird!
- New Aspirations: A few new Vampire Aspirations are included in the Game Pack, which are highly welcome! One allows you to play as a Vampire that doesn't feed on others, another sets you toward being a Grand Master Vampire. Yet another allows you to be rewarded for building a Vampire family. In all, there are three included in the Pack.
- New Plants and Herbs: Plasma Fruit, Garlic, wolfsbane, and Sixam Mosquito Trap seeds. There are a few new types of plants that can be grown in your gardens. You can also find them around in the new world of Forgotten Hollow. These can be used to make potions and garlic wreaths with the Vampire Lore skill.
- Vampire Bloodlines: Sims can be born as a vampire, though their powers will not come out until they are teens, assuming they were lucky (or unlucky) enough to get the gene from mom and dad. They will stop aging at Young Adult, though you can use a birthday cake to advance them to Adult and Elder if you so choose.
The following pictures were taken from the youtube video so that you can get a better look at them. Click to enlarge each of them for a high resolution view.
Other Vampire Guides
- Playing a Vampire, Needs and How To's - How to be a Vampire and how it works.
- How to Use Vampires Cheats
- Power Points & Vampires - Improving your Vampire Rank and Power Points
- Powers and Weaknesses - Selecting powers and what they do.
- Vampire Lore - Learn useful Vampire recipes and defenses
Check Out My Youtube Channel!
We now have a Youtube Channel with over 50 guides in video format to go along with the huge site I've already created. Check it out and consider subscribing if you like my style.
This policy contains information about your privacy. By posting, you are declaring that you understand this policy:
- Your name, rating, website address, town, country, state and comment will be publicly displayed if entered.
- Aside from the data entered into these form fields, other stored data about your comment will include:
- Your IP address (not displayed)
- The time/date of your submission (displayed)
- Your email address will not be shared. It is collected for only two reasons:
- Administrative purposes, should a need to contact you arise.
- To inform you of new comments, should you subscribe to receive notifications.
- A cookie may be set on your computer. This is used to remember your inputs. It will expire by itself.
This policy is subject to change at any time and without notice.
I still don't see it and i've been waiting for hours , kinda frustrating. I live in Washington. Is anyone else having this problem?
I'm thinking this may be a bug.
Realm of Magic
The Sims 4 Realm of Magic comes September 10 for PC/Mac and releases October 15 for Xbox One and Playstation 4. See my Video Guide to Features in Realm of Magic. We've compiled information on upcoming features from developer tweets and used the trailer to try to share everything we know.
NEW - Here is the Text Guide to Realm of Magic.
The Sims 4 Moschino Stuff Review
New: The Sims 4 Moschino Stuff Review - My thoughts on the photography improvements, fashion photographer, and build buy additions in The Sims 4 Moschino Stuff which is available today for PC/Mac.
The Sims 4 Moschino Stuff Pack is available by 12:30-1PM EST for PC/Mac and September 3 for Xbox One and Playstation 4. Click to learn about the new pack, freelance photography and the new clothing. You can also see my announcement video and the game's trailer within that upload.
Search the Site
The Sims 4: Vampires
New Videos and Guides
Armageddon Mod (Mod/CC Reviews).
Latest in The New How To Section : Learn How to Write Songs and Make Money with Music in The Sims 4. Also, How to Get Abducted by Aliens. We have a guide for using Pregnancy Cheats, Get a Job, Adopting a Kid and How to Cheat.
Alien Abduction: I made a Video Guide to Alien Abductions, Alien Babies in The Sims 4 Get to Work.
New How To Section : The new How To's section is updated with How to Get Abducted by Aliens. You can also learn how to use Pregnancy Cheats, Get a Job, Adopting a Kid and How to Cheat. It's meant to help newcomers or those with specific problems and will be greatly expanded over coming months.
We now have a Videos page, where I'll list every submission to our Sims 4 Gameplay Guides Channel. I'm taking feedback seriously, improving recording and sound quality and other issues with my video guides. Let me know what you think and subscribe for more like it. If you comment on the videos page with a request I may bump it higher on my to do list (no promises though!). Here is a listing of all videos released to date, in order of release:
Sims 4 February Patch Summary
Get Famous: Celestial Crystal Crown
Visit My Channel to Subscribe!
Get Famous First Impressions
First Person Mode (Sims 4 Update)
Get Famous Acting Livestream
Livestream Summary (Latest Patch News)
Patch News: COMING SOON
The Sims 4 Get Famous Expansion
Archaeology Guide (Jungle Adventure)
Jungle Adventure Gameplay
Nerd Brain and Computer Whiz
Spa Day Review and Gameplay Guide
The Sims 4 Whims & How to Use Them
Ambrosia Ingredients and Raising the Dead
The Sims 4: Making a Super Sim
The Sims 4 Careers (Improved)
Seasons Holiday Decorations Guide
Cool Kitchen Stuff
How to Woohoo & Try for Baby
Playing a Moocher
Sims 4 Writing Skill
Father Winter's Baby
Flower Shop Seasons/Get to Work Retail