The Sims 4 Snowboarding
Shred the Slopes in The Sims 4 Snowy Escape Expansion Pack
Snowboarding uses the same slopes that Skiing does.
Snowboarding is one of three new skills based on mountain locations in The Sims 4 Snowy Escape Expansion pack, along with Skiing and Rock Climbing. The new skill lets your Sim grow more competent at snowboarding, unlocking better success rates and new tricks along the way.
If you wonder where to buy a snowboard in Snowy Escape, use the middle vending machine here in the mountain neighborhood.
To get started with snowboarding, you'll either need to read a book or head to the vending machines in Mt. Komorebi to buy a snowboard. Once you have one, you can do either the Easy Slope or the much easier Bunny Slopes where kids can sled. The ideal mood (and thus more skill gains) for Snowboarding is Energized.
If you pick the bigger slopes, your Sim will automatically use the ski lifts to teleport to the top of the hill. I don't mind this, because while it's a bit lame, it's mostly necessary due to how repetitive it could be.
Snowboarding Skill Levels & Unlocks
Snowboarders unlock the Ski Jacket in this picture, while skiing will unlock the matching pants.
You don't actually unlock a lot of unique things in Snowboarding, it just looks like it. It mostly pertains to animations as you choose to use either careful or high intensity skiing styles. As you go, you get the ability to handle bigger slopes that are a little more entertaining to watch.
- Level 1 - Do Beginner runs on the Bunny Slope or Easy Slopes with all intensities.
- Level 2 - Ask other Sims to become Snow Bros, or revoke it. New pants in Create-a-Sim.
- Level 3 - Your Sim can now do runs on Intermediate slopes. They can also use the Snow Bro High Five.
- Level 4 - Research Snowboarding Techniques on computer. Intense runs on Intermediate slopes unlock, and you can additionally attempt Expert level slopes. New tricks unlock as well as Get Hyped self-interaction.
- Level 5 - You can Mock Skiing on other Sims. More intense tricks on Expert level slopes, and a new cold weather athletic top appears in CAS.
- Level 6 - Endure the Burn interaction appears on other Sims, new tricks, and a new Snowboard appears in Build Mode.
- Level 7 - Brag About Shredding interaction unlocks. Use Stretch It Out clicking your Sim, to help with injuries.
- Level 8 - Dare to Attempt Risky Slope on other Sims. More tricks appear on slopes.
- Level 9 - Chat About Rad Slopes with other Sims.
- Level 10 - Coach other Sims in snowboarding, Provide Snowboarding Tips. You can now record runs on slopes and upload them to computer. New Snowboards appear in Build Mode.
No one would want to be seen as my Sim's Snow Bro.
At level 2, you can ask Sims to become Snow Bros (as well as revoke it). Take advantage of this the next level with the Snow Bro High Five interaction, which will give your Sims a +1 Energized moodlet for 4h.
Record Snowboarding Videos
This is what happens at the end of your early runs, but only at the end.
At level 10 in Snowboarding, Sims are able to use a special record footage interaction when selecting one of the slopes. The Sim will run the slope 3 times and you'll get a video out of it. These can be uploaded, and based on quality will pay you royalties. It's mostly a way to make extra money.
Much like Skiing, you are able to choose how your Sim will tackle each slope. You can either go cautiously, with a low intensity run, or try to pull off more tricks in a faster high intensity run. High intensity runs drain hunger, hygiene, and fatigue at an accelerated rate. Hunger and hygiene drain is much lower with a low intensity run and should probably be used if you do not want to tire out too quickly while gaining levels.
Snowy Escape Guides
- Snowy Escape - Learn major features in the new Expansion Pack
- Cheats - Snowy Escape Cheats
- Climb Mt. Komorebi - Summit the Mountain in Snowy Escape.
- Sentiments in Sims 4 & Snowy Escape - a new Sims 4 Base Game feature free for all players.
- Lifestyles - A New Gameplay Feature in the Expansion.
- Rock Climbing - Used for Excursions up Mt. Komorebi
- Skiing - Learn to do tricks, and teach others.
- Snowboarding - Create first person snowboarding videos.
- Hiking - Learn about the new Meditative Walk and Surge Emotions.
- Platforms - a new feature in the free patch with this pack.
Acting | Archaeology | Baking | Charisma | Comedy | Cooking | Dancing | DJ Mixing | Fabrication Fishing | Fitness | Flower Arranging | Gardening | Gourmet Cooking | Guitar | Handiness | Herbalism | Juice Fizzing | Logic | Media Production | Mischief | Mixology | Painting | Parenting | Photography | Piano | Programming | Robotics | Rock Climbing | Rocket Science | Singing | Skiing | Snowboarding | Vampire Lore | Veterinarian | Video Gaming | Violin | Wellness | Writing
Check Out My Youtube Channel!
We now have a Youtube Channel with over 50 guides in video format to go along with the huge site I've already created. Check it out and consider subscribing if you like my style.
My sims has come to snowboard renn but I dont know how i do it ?
To get started with snowboarding, you'll either need to read a book or head to the vending machines in Mt. Komorebi to buy a snowboard. Once you have one, you can do either the Easy Slope or the much easier Bunny Slopes by clicking on the slope.
Sims 4 Paranormal Stuff
Sims 4 Snowy Escape
Sentiments & Platforms (Free Patch!)
Best Mods in Sims 4
I've created a massive List of The Best Mods in The Sims 4 that should be very helpful to new players and those who have not yet explored modding and how much it can do for your gameplay.
Secrets and Other New Stuff
Nifty Knitting is now available. Learn all about the stuff pack on my guide page here.NEW - Nifty Knitting Cheats
New features in the Sims 4 June 2020
The Sims 4 Eco Lifestyle Guide
Eco Footprint: How it Works
Neighborhood Action Plans
How to Cheat in Sims 4 Eco Lifestyle
Civil Designer Career
Insect Farms & Bio Fuel
Fabrication Skill in Eco Lifestyle
Juice Fizzing NEW
Traits and Aspirations in DLC
Gameplay Ideas for Sims 4 Eco Lifestyle
Search my Sims 4 Site
Super Sim Checklist + Other News
This is inspired by a new series in which I start at toddler and gradually take on the major bonuses. Here's a link to the full playlist!
I now have a guide page to Tiny Living Stuff where you can learn about Murphy Beds, the new death, as well as the lot bonuses you'll receive if you manage to keep the size of your lot down with this new pack's Tiny Home Lot Type.
Let's Play Playlist
New I now have a guide to Making Super Sims in The Sims 4. Look for a text version within the next 72h. It won't have THAT much more info but it will help out as a checklist.
This was inspired by a series, "Let's Play a Super Sim" in which I start at toddler and gradually take on the major bonuses. Here's a link to each part for people who are interested. You can also see the Let's Play as a Playlist on Youtube.
Latest Videos and Guides
- Sims 4 Ultimate Gameplay Tips Video
- Lot Traits Updated for all DLC
- 10 Objects that Add Gameplay to The Sims 4
- 10+ Mods That Add or Improve Gameplay in The Sims 4
- Spells List Updated & Info on Charge
- Around the World of Glimmerbrook
- Sims 4 Realm of Magic is Available Now. Here’s My Opinion On the Pack
- The Sims 4 Realm of Magic Features Deep-Dive
- Tutorial: Using The Sims 4’s New Stair Customization Tool
Discover University Expansion
The Sims 4 Discover University has been announced for November 15 for PC/Mac and December 17 for Xbox and Playstation 4 consoles. Click to learn more about the pack, see my summary of the livestream or read our FAQs below.
- New Career Law Career
- New Video Discover University Review
- New Video The Sims 4 Discover University Super Student
- New Engineering Career - Mechanical or Computer
- NEW Student Organizations (University Groups)
- Gameplay Features Guide (Robotics, Secret Society) Video
- Updated! Discover University Cheats
- Updated: Degrees Guide now also features a Scholarships List
- Discover University Features Guide
- Education Career - Professor or Administrator?
- Research and Debate Skill - Convince Others & Debate Guild
- Robotics and Cybernetics
- The Secret Society of Britechester
More videos coming soon!