The Sims 4 Snowboarding
Shred the Slopes in The Sims 4 Snowy Escape Expansion Pack
Snowboarding uses the same slopes that Skiing does.
Snowboarding is one of three new skills based on mountain locations in The Sims 4 Snowy Escape Expansion pack, along with Skiing and Rock Climbing. The new skill lets your Sim grow more competent at snowboarding, unlocking better success rates and new tricks along the way.
How to: Snowboarding Cheats
Press Control + Shift + C then type testingcheats on and press enter. You can now set your skill level with stats.set_skill_level major_snowboarding x (fill in 1-10) - we also have a full listing of Sims 4 Cheats and a master list of Cheats in The Sims 4 Snowy Escape
If you wonder where to buy a snowboard in Snowy Escape, use the middle vending machine here in the mountain neighborhood.
To get started with snowboarding, you'll either need to read a book or head to the vending machines in Mt. Komorebi to buy a snowboard. Once you have one, you can do either the Easy Slope or the much easier Bunny Slopes where kids can sled. The ideal mood (and thus more skill gains) for Snowboarding is Energized.
If you pick the bigger slopes, your Sim will automatically use the ski lifts to teleport to the top of the hill. I don't mind this, because while it's a bit lame, it's mostly necessary due to how repetitive it could be.
Snowboarding Skill Levels & Unlocks
Snowboarders unlock the Ski Jacket in this picture, while skiing will unlock the matching pants.
You don't actually unlock a lot of unique things in Snowboarding, it just looks like it. It mostly pertains to animations as you choose to use either careful or high intensity skiing styles. As you go, you get the ability to handle bigger slopes that are a little more entertaining to watch.
- Level 1 - Do Beginner runs on the Bunny Slope or Easy Slopes with all intensities.
- Level 2 - Ask other Sims to become Snow Bros, or revoke it. New pants in Create-a-Sim.
- Level 3 - Your Sim can now do runs on Intermediate slopes. They can also use the Snow Bro High Five.
- Level 4 - Research Snowboarding Techniques on computer. Intense runs on Intermediate slopes unlock, and you can additionally attempt Expert level slopes. New tricks unlock as well as Get Hyped self-interaction.
- Level 5 - You can Mock Skiing on other Sims. More intense tricks on Expert level slopes, and a new cold weather athletic top appears in CAS.
- Level 6 - Endure the Burn interaction appears on other Sims, new tricks, and a new Snowboard appears in Build Mode.
- Level 7 - Brag About Shredding interaction unlocks. Use Stretch It Out clicking your Sim, to help with injuries.
- Level 8 - Dare to Attempt Risky Slope on other Sims. More tricks appear on slopes.
- Level 9 - Chat About Rad Slopes with other Sims.
- Level 10 - Coach other Sims in snowboarding, Provide Snowboarding Tips. You can now record runs on slopes and upload them to computer. New Snowboards appear in Build Mode.
No one would want to be seen as my Sim's Snow Bro.
At level 2, you can ask Sims to become Snow Bros (as well as revoke it). Take advantage of this the next level with the Snow Bro High Five interaction, which will give your Sims a +1 Energized moodlet for 4h.
Record Snowboarding Videos
This is what happens at the end of your early runs, but only at the end.
At level 10 in Snowboarding, Sims are able to use a special record footage interaction when selecting one of the slopes. The Sim will run the slope 3 times and you'll get a video out of it. These can be uploaded, and based on quality will pay you royalties. It's mostly a way to make extra money.
Much like Skiing, you are able to choose how your Sim will tackle each slope. You can either go cautiously, with a low intensity run, or try to pull off more tricks in a faster high intensity run. High intensity runs drain hunger, hygiene, and fatigue at an accelerated rate. Hunger and hygiene drain is much lower with a low intensity run and should probably be used if you do not want to tire out too quickly while gaining levels.
Snowy Escape Guides
Acting | Archaeology | Baking | Charisma | Comedy | Cooking | Dancing | DJ Mixing | Fabrication Fishing | Fitness | Flower Arranging | Gardening |
Gourmet Cooking | Guitar | Handiness | Herbalism | Juice Fizzing | Logic | Media Production | Mischief | Mixology | Painting |
Parenting | Photography | Piano | Programming | Robotics | Rock Climbing | Rocket Science | Singing | Skiing | Snowboarding | Vampire Lore | Veterinarian | Video Gaming | Violin | Wellness | Writing
How You Can Support The Site and Channel
If you like my sites and Youtube Channel
, consider supporting me on Patreon
to help me to continue.
Back to The Top
Check Out My Youtube Channel!
We now have a Youtube Channel with over 50 guides in video format to go along with the huge site I've already created. Check it out and consider subscribing if you like my style.