The Sims 4 Mother Plant
The Source of the Infection in the StrangerVille Game Pack
The Mother Plant
The Sims 4 StrangerVille features a new entity - The Mother. This massive mother plant is the cause of all the weirdness in StrangerVille, meant to be discovered by following the StrangerVille Mystery Aspiration which functions as the game's storyline (you can do it without the aspiration, but it's not recommended). This guide will help you win the battle against the Mother Plant while also giving you tips for befriending her and the advantages of doing so.
How Mother Works
Once The Bloom begins, the plants in StrangerVille evolve and appear like this. You're then able to Nurture them to get a Bizarre Fruit.
The Mother Plant is not directly hostile to you, but does start deep in the red on friendship. Throughout the day and at night time for player Sims, she will Possess Sims who are 'Infected' by the virus. Eating bizarre fruit will infect a Sim as will exposure to spores, though this second route of infection may only occur if you don't have a hazmat suit. I've not yet been infected any way other than through bizarre fruit.
Naturally she is not too fond of Sims given how she's in a prison and all. Interactions with her will not go well very often unless you are actively mind controlled. You're able to fight her to finish the story but are recommended to do so with Sims you've recruited who are vaccinated (and this may be required due to the storyline).
Mother Plant Death
10 Million Views! My YouTube channel has grown a lot the last 6 months. I now have over 125 videos on Youtube and am nearing 100k subscribers. I'd like to invite people to check out my content and, if you like what I'm doing, subscribe!
The new Mother Plant Death.
Attempt to fight the Mother Plant alone, or perhaps taunt her enough, and she'll actually eat you like above.
Befriending the Mother Plant
Get Bizarre Fruit
You can buy Bizarre Fruit from the Curio shop in StrangerVille
Bizarre fruit are acquired via nurturing the plants that come out of ground after you've made it to 'The Bloom' in the storyline, which occurs after opening the key card door in the Secret Lab. You can buy them from the Curio shop in StrangerVille as well, which is especially useful for players who have finished the story but did not know you can befriend her.
Communicating with Mother will gradually build a relationship. It takes several hours of effort at minimum to get the relationship bar to green.
While you can communicate with the Mother Plant, you're not going to get very far unless Possessed. Eat a Bizarre Fruit to trigger this "mood". When you then use the Communicate social which appears, your Sim will telepathically talk to her and gradually build up a relationship. When it's positive you start to get some benefits, like being able to ask her for a Bizarre fruit, which can help finish off the process.
Mother will begin to offer Gifts to your Sim at 50% friendship.
At 50% relationship the benefits of being friend with Mother will appear when you click her. There is a new, "Request Gifts" menu option when you click her. You can only request 1 gift per 24 hours, but they are extremely long lasting when a moodlet is involved.
Gifts do the following:
- Career Success - Give a +3 Focused Moodlet for 24h. In addition it gives a hidden +10 career performance mod that stacks with emotional boosts.
- Energy - Request Energy is probably the best here. Get a +3 Energized moodlet for 24h, and your energy does not decay.
- Life Extension - Functions similarly to a Potion of Youth, resetting your age back to the beginning of the current life stage.
- Riches - Request riches will give you anywhere from 500 to 2,000 Simoleons.
Fighting the Mother Plant
Fighting the Mother Plant.
For details on how to get to the point you can fight the Mother Plant, see my Walkthrough of the StrangerVille Mystery Aspiration. I don't yet know if it's humanly possible to defeat her fighting alone, but it's fairly unlikely as you really need your allies' help.
During the Mother Plant battle, you're able to click your allies to issue commands, like 'Throw Infection Cure' to damage her. She has 250 hp, and one infection cure brings her down by 20hp. During the fight, you'll gradually deal damage based upon which Battle Tactic you've set. Access this menu by clicking on the Mother Plant. There are several options, which I'll repeat here:
- Throw Infection Vaccine - Does the same as when an Ally throws one, as far as I can tell.
- Retreat! - Your allies take more damage, but so too does the Mother Plant.
- Mega Spray - Deals damage similar to throwing an Infection Vaccine, 90 min cooldown.
- Be Careful - You and Allies take less infection but also deal less damage to the Mother Plant. Useful for allowing for cooldowns on more powerful abilities to be used to bring her down instead of automatic damage.
- Charge! - Your allies take more damage, but so too does the Mother Plant.
- Take a Breather - Allows your Sims to recover from infection while taking no damage. Use this just after firing off all your other cooldown attacks like Infection Vaccines and it may be the only tactic you need!
- Warbling War Cry - repels the Mother Plant's Zombies
After You Beat Mother
Reviving the Mother Plant.
You can revive the Mother Plant by clicking her with a Bizarre Fruit in your inventory. As plants disappear after you save StrangerVille, you will need to head to the Curio to buy the fruit. Once you've revived her, you can communicate normally with her without being possessed, and build up a relationship that way. She's receptive after she's been put in her place.
By doing this you can get all the benefits of befriending her without having to leave the town strange. However, once she is beaten she will let you set the Strangeness Level so that you can do the Strangerville Mystery with other Sims in the same save file. Do this by clicking her and selecting, "request strangeness". The strangeness levels are based upon the chapters - the lower strangeness level is just after 'The Bloom'.
StrangerVille Game Pack Guide
StrangerVille Town Guide
StrangerVille Mystery Guide Act 1: Getting Started in a Strange Town
StrangerVille Mystery Guide Act 2: Evidence, The Dossier, and Key Card
StrangerVille Mystery Guide Act 3: Hazmat Suit, Spores and Spore Filter
StrangerVille Mystery Guide Act 4: Source of The Infection (Spoilers)
Story Guide (Spoilers) - Learn Things You May Have Missed - New
Sims 4 StrangerVille Mystery Guide Part 1 (Video)
Sims 4 StrangerVille Mystery Part 2 (Video) Ending the Source and Rewards
Cheats for StrangerVille
Check Out My Youtube Channel!
We now have a Youtube Channel with over 50 guides in video format to go along with the huge site I've already created. Check it out and consider subscribing if you like my style.
I wanna ask u "By doing this you can get all the benefits of befriending her without having to leave the town strange" can I leave the town even I befriending with her? thanks a lot xoxo
I keep seeing that you can buy the mother plant with the hidden objects cheat which I have done but I can’t find it. What is it called and how do you actually get her on your lot?
Sims 4 Snowy Escape
Sentiments & Platforms (Free Patch!)
Best Mods in Sims 4
I've created a massive List of The Best Mods in The Sims 4 that should be very helpful to new players and those who have not yet explored modding and how much it can do for your gameplay.
Secrets and Other New Stuff
Nifty Knitting is now available. Learn all about the stuff pack on my guide page here.NEW - Nifty Knitting Cheats
New features in the Sims 4 June 2020
The Sims 4 Eco Lifestyle Guide
Eco Footprint: How it Works
Neighborhood Action Plans
How to Cheat in Sims 4 Eco Lifestyle
Civil Designer Career
Insect Farms & Bio Fuel
Fabrication Skill in Eco Lifestyle
Juice Fizzing NEW
Traits and Aspirations in DLC
Gameplay Ideas for Sims 4 Eco Lifestyle
Search my Sims 4 Site
Sims 4 Packs & DLC
Super Sim Checklist + Other News
This is inspired by a new series in which I start at toddler and gradually take on the major bonuses. Here's a link to the full playlist!
I now have a guide page to Tiny Living Stuff where you can learn about Murphy Beds, the new death, as well as the lot bonuses you'll receive if you manage to keep the size of your lot down with this new pack's Tiny Home Lot Type.
Let's Play Playlist
New I now have a guide to Making Super Sims in The Sims 4. Look for a text version within the next 72h. It won't have THAT much more info but it will help out as a checklist.
This was inspired by a series, "Let's Play a Super Sim" in which I start at toddler and gradually take on the major bonuses. Here's a link to each part for people who are interested. You can also see the Let's Play as a Playlist on Youtube.
Latest Videos and Guides
- Sims 4 Ultimate Gameplay Tips Video
- Lot Traits Updated for all DLC
- 10 Objects that Add Gameplay to The Sims 4
- 10+ Mods That Add or Improve Gameplay in The Sims 4
- Spells List Updated & Info on Charge
- Around the World of Glimmerbrook
- Sims 4 Realm of Magic is Available Now. Here’s My Opinion On the Pack
- The Sims 4 Realm of Magic Features Deep-Dive
- Tutorial: Using The Sims 4’s New Stair Customization Tool
Discover University Expansion
The Sims 4 Discover University has been announced for November 15 for PC/Mac and December 17 for Xbox and Playstation 4 consoles. Click to learn more about the pack, see my summary of the livestream or read our FAQs below.
- New Career Law Career
- New Video Discover University Review
- New Video The Sims 4 Discover University Super Student
- New Engineering Career - Mechanical or Computer
- NEW Student Organizations (University Groups)
- Gameplay Features Guide (Robotics, Secret Society) Video
- Updated! Discover University Cheats
- Updated: Degrees Guide now also features a Scholarships List
- Discover University Features Guide
- Education Career - Professor or Administrator?
- Research and Debate Skill - Convince Others & Debate Guild
- Robotics and Cybernetics
- The Secret Society of Britechester
More videos coming soon!