- New Aspirations in Realm of Magic: Purveyor of Potions and Spellcraft and Sorcery
- Curses Guide
- Realm of Magic Review Video
- Realm of Magic Tips Video
- Magical Bloodline and Caster Offspring
- Realm of Magic Guide
- Realm of Magic Cheats
- Spellcasters in Realm of Magic
- Spellcaster Perks
- Spells List, Casting & Effects
- Spells List Updated & Info on Charge
- Around the World of Glimmerbrook
- Sims 4 Realm of Magic is Available Now. Here’s My Opinion On the Pack
- The Sims 4 Realm of Magic Features Deep-Dive
- Tutorial: Using The Sims 4’s New Stair Customization Tool
- New Staircase Tool – Sims 4 Maxis Monthly Livestream Recap
The Sims 4 Spa Day: Wellness
Skill Guide to Yoga, Meditation, and Massage Types
Wellness practitioners give incredible massages. Pictured is some of the decor ala a Styled Room from the Spa Day Pack.
The Sims 4's Wellness Skill comes with the Spa Day Game Pack. The Skill is all about focusing the mind and relaxing the body. Through ancient techniques like Yoga and Meditation, Sims might obtain a font of happiness for themselves and others should they master it. The Skill offers loads of positive Moodlets that can affect the practitioner as well as other Sims who get to enjoy their gifts. This guide will show you around the Skill, levelling it, and how to bestow its benefits upon your Sims.
A review of gameplay features included in the Spa Day game pack. Includes heavy information on the wellness skill and its many abilities.
Ideal Mood: Focused
The best mood for this skill is Focused, which means you'll gain faster if in that emotional state. Pondering moves on the chess board is one option when at home (Click here for others), but given you may not be doing this at home I recommend using Sharpening Saffron Aromatherapy from one of the incense holders available at the Spa. Being nearby, you'll get the moodlet automatically. Using the Practice Yoga interaction on a mat will also give your Sim a 4h +1 Focused Moodlet.
Meditation allows Sims to levitate, and eventually teleport
Sims can gain Skill by practicing the three main Wellness activities provided by the game pack - meditation, giving massages, and yoga. The last of these three is likely the best method. Yoga moodlets can put your Sim in a good mood, particularly if you use the mind concentrating routine to get focused in combination with incense. To get started, you can purchase a yoga mat, meditation stool, or massage chair/table for the home. The best thing to do is to actually visit the spa you placed in the neighborhood for a day of dedicated wellness instruction via the Yoga Instructor NPC. Additionally, you will find Wellness books are available for purchase using a computer if you'd like your Sim to learn at home.
Sometimes, Sims just say 'Nope' and refuse to try a Yoga pose at low level. They can eventually become as good as the trainer.
The following are the skill unlocks for wellness. As you level, your Sim will fail at things much less often and better keep up with the Yoga instructor. Things like meditation will go more smoothly, and you'll levitate faster and receive a positive moodlet from your meditation.
- Level 1 - Practice Yoga, do routines, meditate and give hand/foot massages
- Level 2 - Discuss Cognitive Focusing Methods Social, Bake Sugar Free Carob Coconut Cake, Yoga Boat Pose Unlocked.
- Level 3 - Give Aromatherapy Massage. Yoga Triangle Pose Unlocked
- Level 4 - Offer Mental Relaxation Tips Social unlocks, can do the Tree Pose in Yoga
- Level 5 - Give Deep Tissue Massage, Unlocks Warrior Pose in Yoga, and Sims may levitate while Meditating
- Level 6 - Give Sports Massage, Suggest Visualization Techniques Social. May do the Lord of the Dance Pose in Yoga
- Level 7 - Can make Superfood Salad, do the Bridge Pose in Yoga, and may teleport when levitating during Meditation
- Level 8 - Can Recommend Self Esteem Exercises, Give Stone Massage, and perform Handstand Pose in Yoga
- Level 9 - Can give Fertility Massage
- Level 10 - Brew Lemon Honey Ginger Detox Tea and Share Detox Secrets
A Yoga Trainer has the pink icon over her head. Her class awaits instruction.
Yoga is a fun activity, and raises that need while the mats are portable and allow you to do it anywhere. Taking Yoga Classes is a simple matter of heading to the Spa. You'll find the yoga NPC has a pink icon over his/her head that indicates their status. If you can't find them right away, it'll be obvious who they are when a class starts (it's the room with all the mats on the 2nd floor). Every two hours a new class is announced, on the even hours and will start at 12:30, 2:30 etc. Classes last about an hour and a half and incur various benefits, namely skill gains and a long-lasting Moodlet that can help you in other endeavors.
You'll gain steady Wellness Skill as you engage in Yoga, and it counts as exercise for the purposes of losing weight and toning your Sim (in fact it works as well as cardio or weight lifting). I recommend going to a mat at the Spa and using practice Yoga first in order to get focused, then asking the instructor to do Mind Concentrating classes. All classes are $110. Classes do not seem to give more skill experience than just practicing alone, but the moodlet is excellent and will see you through some serious practice in Wellness or any other Skill. I'd take one class, then spend time practicing or meditating afterwards. This is not set in stone of course, if you are going only for one class and your Sim is in the Culinary Career, then by all means get yourself an inspired moodlet before heading to work!
Yoga brings many benefits, mostly in the form of powerful moodlets and toning the body.
Effects are very positive when things go well. On a bad day, they may get a 4h Bent out of Shape Moodlet that lasts 4h and provides some minor discomfort (+1). However, when Yoga has a positive effect - and it usually does - it gives powerful effects. Effects are not as pronounced when your Sim does it alone when compared to a class. The Moodlets provided by Yoga are:
|Yoga Routine||Taking Class||Solo Routine|
|Brain Boosting||12h +2 Inspired Moodlet||8h +1 Inspired|
|Energy Centering||12h +2 Energized Moodlet||8h +1 Energized|
|Mind Concentrating||12h +2 Focused Moodlet||8h +1 Focused|
So, taking classes is much better as far as Moodlets go, but don't let that discourage you from practicing the exercise solo. Yoga mats are portable, so you can do this from home or even while out fishing, in order to get the Moodlets you need to succeed! Inspired and Focused affect a lot of different Skills and Careers and the boost is long enough to last through a work shift. Good stuff!
Meditation will allow your Sim to teleport anywhere within a neighborhood.
Know that meditation stools can be put in your inventory, allowing your Sim to do it just about anywhere. Meditation provides a few key features, though the benefits are not immediately obvious. Moodlets like Embarrassed and Stressed can melt away while in a zen state. Meditation doesn't provide any need gains. When successfully meditating, needs will sometimes stop decaying all together, but this happens rarely. You can use this to prevent their needs from dropping when you're a couple of hours from work and in a great mood, plus sometimes get the additional 4h +2 Happy Moodlet that Meditation provides. Meditation also offers random relationship gains with known Sims, and may provide a small bit of skill experience in other Skills.
Achieving a zen state and learning to levitate, Sims can then teleport anywhere within the same neighborhood by clicking on the ground. This ability does not require your Sim to be meditating at the time to use it. One last thing of note is that I've seen Moodlets over 12 hours plus in duration stop decaying during meditation, which may be tied to the need freeze, but am not sure if this is a bug as many other Moodlets decay while others are frozen. Once more about this mechanic is known, I'll update this section.
Sims are able to teleport to hidden lots with Meditation
Credit for this tip goes out to Playalot, a Moderator of our Forum. Sims who can teleport are able to revisit the hidden lots at any time after they've unlocked them, so it's another good use of the ability. In investigating, I've found that the Sim themselves must visit the hidden lot, and you can then teleport by clicking them when they're levitating on the stool. There's no easy way to teleport out, so Forum member grimsoul recommends bringing a couple of extra stools with you to place on the hidden lots. Now you can teleport between the two hidden worlds, and use Go Home when you're done. Alas, you'll still need to go on vacation to access the Deep Woods of Granite Falls.
The Wellness Skill gives a number of great massage options to Sims.
Wellness practitioners can give great massages, but all Sims can give massages that are worth getting. Having someone in your own household learning Wellness is worth it for the excellent massages. A stone massage that costs $300 at the spa can be given at home free of charge, aside from the initial investment of a massage table. It only offers +1 Happiness, but lasts a whopping 24 hours! One of the best Moodlets in The Sims 4, for sure. Aromatherapy massages give Sims the ability to give others specific emotional boosts and will be very helpful.
Note that none of these stack, and using a new one will overwrite the previous Moodlet. Just get the one you want from the get-go. You are, however, able to stack hand/foot massages with the massage table massages. These take about 80 Sim minutes to complete. Note that prices are for when you're getting them from the Spa workers. When given by one of your Sims at home, they are free.
Massage Table Massages
- Swedish Massage ($120) - +1 12h Happy Moodlet
- Deep Tissue Massage ($180) - +1 24h Happy Moodlet
- Sports Massage ($230) - +1 12h Energized Moodlet
- Stone Massage ($300) - +1 24h Happy Moodlet
- Lavender Aromatherapy ($140) - +1 12h Focused Moodlet
- Yiang Yiang Aromatherapy ($140) - +1 12h Inspired Moodlet
- Lotus Blossom Aromatherapy ($140) - +1 12h Confident Moodlet
- Mint and Rosemary Aromatherapy ($140) - +1 12h Energized Moodlet
- Fertility Massage (Female Only, $380) - +1 12h Happy Moodlet, increased likelihood of twins/triplets.
These take about 40 minutes to complete. Click a massage chair in the Spa or buy one for home to get the option to purchase/give a massage. As stated above, these do stack with the above massages. You can have 1 hand, 1 foot, and 1 body massage Moodlet active at once. Go for a body massage, then get a foot massage is probably the best route to take in order to maintain your moodlets and leave the Spa with enough time left to accomplish something significant.
- Low Wellness Skill Hand Massage - +1 4h Happy Moodlet
- High Wellness/Masseuse Hand Massage - $40 from Masseuse. +2 4h Happy Moodlet
- Low Wellnes Skill Foot Massage - +2 6h Happy Moodlet
- High Wellness/Masseuse Foot Massage - $40 from Masseuse. +3 6h Happy Moodlet
Those specializing in Wellness unlock a few unique Social Interactions as they level that can greatly impact another Sim's mood and give them powerful emotion-related Moodlets. Here they are, and what they do! They stack! This means you can fire them back to back and make a Sim Very Happy, Focused, Inspired, etc. So use them after giving the other Sim a nice massage, and give them a great day.
- Discuss Cognitive Focusing Methods - Level 2 Wellness. 4h +1 Focused Moodlet
- Offer Mental Relaxation Techniques - Level 4 Wellness. 8h +2 Happy Moodlet. Super useful!
- Suggest Visualization Techniques - Level 6 Wellness. 4h +2 Inspired Moodlet
- Recommend Self-Esteem Exercises - Level 8 Wellness. 8h +2 Confident Moodlet
Levelling Wellness unlocks a few unique recipes for Sims, one of which seems to provide minor advantages over other foods that are cooked at level 1. However, they are not as useful when compared to a dish made by a cook with talent in the kitchen.
- Sugar Free Carob Coconut Cake - This one gives an extra +1 Happy Moodlet, regardless of quality. Though higher level foods from regular cooking can do better than a total +2 Happy from the dish when excellent (pretty tasty and sweet goodness moodlets combined), it is a boost available without skill in cooking.
- Superfood Salad - It's really just a salad, as far as I can tell, but it seems to be made rather quickly since it doesn't require cooking.
- Lemon Honey Ginger Detox Tea - This one presumably gives relief of certain negative moodlets, while providing a +2 4h Focused Moodlet. It's similar to Pitch Black Tea in effect.
Acting | Archaeology | Baking | Charisma | Comedy | Cooking | Dancing | DJ Mixing | Fishing | Fitness | Flower Arranging | Gardening | Gourmet Cooking | Guitar | Handiness | Herbalism | Logic | Media Production | Mischief | Mixology | Painting | Parenting | Photography | Piano | Programming | Rocket Science | Singing | Vampire Lore | Veterinarian | Video Gaming | Violin | Wellness | Writing
Check Out My Youtube Channel!
We now have a Youtube Channel with over 50 guides in video format to go along with the huge site I've already created. Check it out and consider subscribing if you like my style.
This policy contains information about your privacy. By posting, you are declaring that you understand this policy:
- Your name, rating, website address, town, country, state and comment will be publicly displayed if entered.
- Aside from the data entered into these form fields, other stored data about your comment will include:
- Your IP address (not displayed)
- The time/date of your submission (displayed)
- Your email address will not be shared. It is collected for only two reasons:
- Administrative purposes, should a need to contact you arise.
- To inform you of new comments, should you subscribe to receive notifications.
- A cookie may be set on your computer. This is used to remember your inputs. It will expire by itself.
This policy is subject to change at any time and without notice.
I've yet to get to test them, came down sick at the worst time. But as soon as I'm able, I'll put them all up. Some of them give fairly obvious emotions, based on the names, while others are not so direct.
Poses are what increases as Yoga is leveled. This is mainly to show your Sim doing better at it. This is particularly noticeable when you take a class, and your Sim follows right along with the instructor when they used to struggle. It's a fairly satisfying thing to see :)
Those are indeed the only routines you can do. The success rate goes up substantially. I don't think I had a failure (resulting in Uncomfortable moodlet) after level 2 or so, but it could be pure dumb luck.
__ (this one is for the instructor)
Best you can do is sell massage equipment at a retail store :(
Edit: I just made this page based on your question
Realm of Magic
The Sims 4 Realm of Magic comes September 10 for PC/Mac and releases October 15 for Xbox One and Playstation 4. See my Video Guide to Features in Realm of Magic. We've compiled information on upcoming features from developer tweets and used the trailer to try to share everything we know.
NEW - Here is the Text Guide to Realm of Magic.
The Sims 4 Moschino Stuff Review
New: The Sims 4 Moschino Stuff Review - My thoughts on the photography improvements, fashion photographer, and build buy additions in The Sims 4 Moschino Stuff which is available today for PC/Mac.
The Sims 4 Moschino Stuff Pack is available by 12:30-1PM EST for PC/Mac and September 3 for Xbox One and Playstation 4. Click to learn about the new pack, freelance photography and the new clothing. You can also see my announcement video and the game's trailer within that upload.
Search the Site
New Videos and Guides
Armageddon Mod (Mod/CC Reviews).
Latest in The New How To Section : Learn How to Write Songs and Make Money with Music in The Sims 4. Also, How to Get Abducted by Aliens. We have a guide for using Pregnancy Cheats, Get a Job, Adopting a Kid and How to Cheat.
Alien Abduction: I made a Video Guide to Alien Abductions, Alien Babies in The Sims 4 Get to Work.
New How To Section : The new How To's section is updated with How to Get Abducted by Aliens. You can also learn how to use Pregnancy Cheats, Get a Job, Adopting a Kid and How to Cheat. It's meant to help newcomers or those with specific problems and will be greatly expanded over coming months.
We now have a Videos page, where I'll list every submission to our Sims 4 Gameplay Guides Channel. I'm taking feedback seriously, improving recording and sound quality and other issues with my video guides. Let me know what you think and subscribe for more like it. If you comment on the videos page with a request I may bump it higher on my to do list (no promises though!). Here is a listing of all videos released to date, in order of release:
Sims 4 February Patch Summary
Get Famous: Celestial Crystal Crown
Visit My Channel to Subscribe!
Get Famous First Impressions
First Person Mode (Sims 4 Update)
Get Famous Acting Livestream
Livestream Summary (Latest Patch News)
Patch News: COMING SOON
The Sims 4 Get Famous Expansion
Archaeology Guide (Jungle Adventure)
Jungle Adventure Gameplay
Nerd Brain and Computer Whiz
Spa Day Review and Gameplay Guide
The Sims 4 Whims & How to Use Them
Ambrosia Ingredients and Raising the Dead
The Sims 4: Making a Super Sim
The Sims 4 Careers (Improved)
Seasons Holiday Decorations Guide
Cool Kitchen Stuff
How to Woohoo & Try for Baby
Playing a Moocher
Sims 4 Writing Skill
Father Winter's Baby
Flower Shop Seasons/Get to Work Retail