I've created a massive List of The Best Mods in The Sims 4 that should be very helpful to new players and those who have not yet explored modding and how much it can do for your gameplay.
The Sims 4 Spa Day: Wellness
Skill Guide to Yoga, Meditation, and Massage Types
Wellness practitioners give incredible massages. Pictured is some of the decor ala a Styled Room from the Spa Day Pack.
The Sims 4's Wellness Skill comes with the Spa Day Game Pack. The Skill is all about focusing the mind and relaxing the body. Through ancient techniques like Yoga and Meditation, Sims might obtain a font of happiness for themselves and others should they master it. The Skill offers loads of positive Moodlets that can affect the practitioner as well as other Sims who get to enjoy their gifts. This guide will show you around the Skill, levelling it, and how to bestow its benefits upon your Sims.
A review of gameplay features included in the Spa Day game pack. Includes heavy information on the wellness skill and its many abilities.
Ideal Mood: Focused
The best mood for this skill is Focused, which means you'll gain faster if in that emotional state. Pondering moves on the chess board is one option when at home (Click here for others), but given you may not be doing this at home I recommend using Sharpening Saffron Aromatherapy from one of the incense holders available at the Spa. Being nearby, you'll get the moodlet automatically. Using the Practice Yoga interaction on a mat will also give your Sim a 4h +1 Focused Moodlet.
Meditation allows Sims to levitate, and eventually teleport
Sims can gain Skill by practicing the three main Wellness activities provided by the game pack - meditation, giving massages, and yoga. The last of these three is likely the best method. Yoga moodlets can put your Sim in a good mood, particularly if you use the mind concentrating routine to get focused in combination with incense. To get started, you can purchase a yoga mat, meditation stool, or massage chair/table for the home. The best thing to do is to actually visit the spa you placed in the neighborhood for a day of dedicated wellness instruction via the Yoga Instructor NPC. Additionally, you will find Wellness books are available for purchase using a computer if you'd like your Sim to learn at home.
Sometimes, Sims just say 'Nope' and refuse to try a Yoga pose at low level. They can eventually become as good as the trainer.
The following are the skill unlocks for wellness. As you level, your Sim will fail at things much less often and better keep up with the Yoga instructor. Things like meditation will go more smoothly, and you'll levitate faster and receive a positive moodlet from your meditation.
- Level 1 - Practice Yoga, do routines, meditate and give hand/foot massages
- Level 2 - Discuss Cognitive Focusing Methods Social, Bake Sugar Free Carob Coconut Cake, Yoga Boat Pose Unlocked.
- Level 3 - Give Aromatherapy Massage. Yoga Triangle Pose Unlocked
- Level 4 - Offer Mental Relaxation Tips Social unlocks, can do the Tree Pose in Yoga
- Level 5 - Give Deep Tissue Massage, Unlocks Warrior Pose in Yoga, and Sims may levitate while Meditating
- Level 6 - Give Sports Massage, Suggest Visualization Techniques Social. May do the Lord of the Dance Pose in Yoga
- Level 7 - Can make Superfood Salad, do the Bridge Pose in Yoga, and may teleport when levitating during Meditation
- Level 8 - Can Recommend Self Esteem Exercises, Give Stone Massage, and perform Handstand Pose in Yoga
- Level 9 - Can give Fertility Massage
- Level 10 - Brew Lemon Honey Ginger Detox Tea and Share Detox Secrets
A Yoga Trainer has the pink icon over her head. Her class awaits instruction.
Yoga is a fun activity, and raises that need while the mats are portable and allow you to do it anywhere. Taking Yoga Classes is a simple matter of heading to the Spa. You'll find the yoga NPC has a pink icon over his/her head that indicates their status. If you can't find them right away, it'll be obvious who they are when a class starts (it's the room with all the mats on the 2nd floor). Every two hours a new class is announced, on the even hours and will start at 12:30, 2:30 etc. Classes last about an hour and a half and incur various benefits, namely skill gains and a long-lasting Moodlet that can help you in other endeavors.
You'll gain steady Wellness Skill as you engage in Yoga, and it counts as exercise for the purposes of losing weight and toning your Sim (in fact it works as well as cardio or weight lifting). I recommend going to a mat at the Spa and using practice Yoga first in order to get focused, then asking the instructor to do Mind Concentrating classes. All classes are $110. Classes do not seem to give more skill experience than just practicing alone, but the moodlet is excellent and will see you through some serious practice in Wellness or any other Skill. I'd take one class, then spend time practicing or meditating afterwards. This is not set in stone of course, if you are going only for one class and your Sim is in the Culinary Career, then by all means get yourself an inspired moodlet before heading to work!
10 Million Views! My YouTube channel has grown a lot the last 6 months. I now have over 125 videos on Youtube and am nearing 100k subscribers. I'd like to invite people to check out my content and, if you like what I'm doing, subscribe!
Yoga brings many benefits, mostly in the form of powerful moodlets and toning the body.
Effects are very positive when things go well. On a bad day, they may get a 4h Bent out of Shape Moodlet that lasts 4h and provides some minor discomfort (+1). However, when Yoga has a positive effect - and it usually does - it gives powerful effects. Effects are not as pronounced when your Sim does it alone when compared to a class. The Moodlets provided by Yoga are:
|Yoga Routine||Taking Class||Solo Routine|
|Brain Boosting||12h +2 Inspired Moodlet||8h +1 Inspired|
|Energy Centering||12h +2 Energized Moodlet||8h +1 Energized|
|Mind Concentrating||12h +2 Focused Moodlet||8h +1 Focused|
So, taking classes is much better as far as Moodlets go, but don't let that discourage you from practicing the exercise solo. Yoga mats are portable, so you can do this from home or even while out fishing, in order to get the Moodlets you need to succeed! Inspired and Focused affect a lot of different Skills and Careers and the boost is long enough to last through a work shift. Good stuff!
Meditation will allow your Sim to teleport anywhere within a neighborhood.
Know that meditation stools can be put in your inventory, allowing your Sim to do it just about anywhere. Meditation provides a few key features, though the benefits are not immediately obvious. Moodlets like Embarrassed and Stressed can melt away while in a zen state. Meditation doesn't provide any need gains. When successfully meditating, needs will sometimes stop decaying all together, but this happens rarely. You can use this to prevent their needs from dropping when you're a couple of hours from work and in a great mood, plus sometimes get the additional 4h +2 Happy Moodlet that Meditation provides. Meditation also offers random relationship gains with known Sims, and may provide a small bit of skill experience in other Skills.
Achieving a zen state and learning to levitate, Sims can then teleport anywhere within the same neighborhood by clicking on the ground. This ability does not require your Sim to be meditating at the time to use it. One last thing of note is that I've seen Moodlets over 12 hours plus in duration stop decaying during meditation, which may be tied to the need freeze, but am not sure if this is a bug as many other Moodlets decay while others are frozen. Once more about this mechanic is known, I'll update this section.
Sims are able to teleport to hidden lots with Meditation
Credit for this tip goes out to Playalot, a Moderator of our Forum. Sims who can teleport are able to revisit the hidden lots at any time after they've unlocked them, so it's another good use of the ability. In investigating, I've found that the Sim themselves must visit the hidden lot, and you can then teleport by clicking them when they're levitating on the stool. There's no easy way to teleport out, so Forum member grimsoul recommends bringing a couple of extra stools with you to place on the hidden lots. Now you can teleport between the two hidden worlds, and use Go Home when you're done. Alas, you'll still need to go on vacation to access the Deep Woods of Granite Falls.
The Wellness Skill gives a number of great massage options to Sims.
Wellness practitioners can give great massages, but all Sims can give massages that are worth getting. Having someone in your own household learning Wellness is worth it for the excellent massages. A stone massage that costs $300 at the spa can be given at home free of charge, aside from the initial investment of a massage table. It only offers +1 Happiness, but lasts a whopping 24 hours! One of the best Moodlets in The Sims 4, for sure. Aromatherapy massages give Sims the ability to give others specific emotional boosts and will be very helpful.
Note that none of these stack, and using a new one will overwrite the previous Moodlet. Just get the one you want from the get-go. You are, however, able to stack hand/foot massages with the massage table massages. These take about 80 Sim minutes to complete. Note that prices are for when you're getting them from the Spa workers. When given by one of your Sims at home, they are free.
Massage Table Massages
- Swedish Massage ($120) - +1 12h Happy Moodlet
- Deep Tissue Massage ($180) - +1 24h Happy Moodlet
- Sports Massage ($230) - +1 12h Energized Moodlet
- Stone Massage ($300) - +1 24h Happy Moodlet
- Lavender Aromatherapy ($140) - +1 12h Focused Moodlet
- Yiang Yiang Aromatherapy ($140) - +1 12h Inspired Moodlet
- Lotus Blossom Aromatherapy ($140) - +1 12h Confident Moodlet
- Mint and Rosemary Aromatherapy ($140) - +1 12h Energized Moodlet
- Fertility Massage (Female Only, $380) - +1 12h Happy Moodlet, increased likelihood of twins/triplets.
These take about 40 minutes to complete. Click a massage chair in the Spa or buy one for home to get the option to purchase/give a massage. As stated above, these do stack with the above massages. You can have 1 hand, 1 foot, and 1 body massage Moodlet active at once. Go for a body massage, then get a foot massage is probably the best route to take in order to maintain your moodlets and leave the Spa with enough time left to accomplish something significant.
- Low Wellness Skill Hand Massage - +1 4h Happy Moodlet
- High Wellness/Masseuse Hand Massage - $40 from Masseuse. +2 4h Happy Moodlet
- Low Wellnes Skill Foot Massage - +2 6h Happy Moodlet
- High Wellness/Masseuse Foot Massage - $40 from Masseuse. +3 6h Happy Moodlet
Those specializing in Wellness unlock a few unique Social Interactions as they level that can greatly impact another Sim's mood and give them powerful emotion-related Moodlets. Here they are, and what they do! They stack! This means you can fire them back to back and make a Sim Very Happy, Focused, Inspired, etc. So use them after giving the other Sim a nice massage, and give them a great day.
- Discuss Cognitive Focusing Methods - Level 2 Wellness. 4h +1 Focused Moodlet
- Offer Mental Relaxation Techniques - Level 4 Wellness. 8h +2 Happy Moodlet. Super useful!
- Suggest Visualization Techniques - Level 6 Wellness. 4h +2 Inspired Moodlet
- Recommend Self-Esteem Exercises - Level 8 Wellness. 8h +2 Confident Moodlet
Levelling Wellness unlocks a few unique recipes for Sims, one of which seems to provide minor advantages over other foods that are cooked at level 1. However, they are not as useful when compared to a dish made by a cook with talent in the kitchen.
- Sugar Free Carob Coconut Cake - This one gives an extra +1 Happy Moodlet, regardless of quality. Though higher level foods from regular cooking can do better than a total +2 Happy from the dish when excellent (pretty tasty and sweet goodness moodlets combined), it is a boost available without skill in cooking.
- Superfood Salad - It's really just a salad, as far as I can tell, but it seems to be made rather quickly since it doesn't require cooking.
- Lemon Honey Ginger Detox Tea - This one presumably gives relief of certain negative moodlets, while providing a +2 4h Focused Moodlet. It's similar to Pitch Black Tea in effect.
Acting | Archaeology | Baking | Charisma | Comedy | Cooking | Dancing | DJ Mixing | Fabrication  |; Fishing | Fitness | Flower Arranging | Gardening | Gourmet Cooking | Guitar | Handiness | Herbalism | Juice Fizzing | Logic | Media Production | Mischief | Mixology | Painting | Parenting | Photography | Piano | Programming | Robotics Rocket Science | Singing | Vampire Lore | Veterinarian | Video Gaming | Violin | Wellness | Writing
Check Out My Youtube Channel!
We now have a Youtube Channel with over 50 guides in video format to go along with the huge site I've already created. Check it out and consider subscribing if you like my style.
I've yet to get to test them, came down sick at the worst time. But as soon as I'm able, I'll put them all up. Some of them give fairly obvious emotions, based on the names, while others are not so direct.
Poses are what increases as Yoga is leveled. This is mainly to show your Sim doing better at it. This is particularly noticeable when you take a class, and your Sim follows right along with the instructor when they used to struggle. It's a fairly satisfying thing to see :)
Those are indeed the only routines you can do. The success rate goes up substantially. I don't think I had a failure (resulting in Uncomfortable moodlet) after level 2 or so, but it could be pure dumb luck.
__ (this one is for the instructor)
Best you can do is sell massage equipment at a retail store :(
Edit: I just made this page based on your question
Best Mods in Sims 4
Secrets and Other New Stuff
Nifty Knitting is now available. Learn all about the stuff pack on my guide page here.NEW - Nifty Knitting Cheats
New features in the Sims 4 June 2020
The Sims 4 Eco Lifestyle Guide
Eco Footprint: How it Works
Neighborhood Action Plans
How to Cheat in Sims 4 Eco Lifestyle
Civil Designer Career
Insect Farms & Bio Fuel
Fabrication Skill in Eco Lifestyle
Juice Fizzing NEW
Traits and Aspirations in DLC
Gameplay Ideas for Sims 4 Eco Lifestyle
Search my Sims 4 Site
Super Sim Checklist + Other News
This is inspired by a new series in which I start at toddler and gradually take on the major bonuses. Here's a link to the full playlist!
I now have a guide page to Tiny Living Stuff where you can learn about Murphy Beds, the new death, as well as the lot bonuses you'll receive if you manage to keep the size of your lot down with this new pack's Tiny Home Lot Type.
Let's Play Playlist
New I now have a guide to Making Super Sims in The Sims 4. Look for a text version within the next 72h. It won't have THAT much more info but it will help out as a checklist.
This was inspired by a series, "Let's Play a Super Sim" in which I start at toddler and gradually take on the major bonuses. Here's a link to each part for people who are interested. You can also see the Let's Play as a Playlist on Youtube.
Latest Videos and Guides
- Sims 4 Ultimate Gameplay Tips Video
- Lot Traits Updated for all DLC
- 10 Objects that Add Gameplay to The Sims 4
- 10+ Mods That Add or Improve Gameplay in The Sims 4
- Spells List Updated & Info on Charge
- Around the World of Glimmerbrook
- Sims 4 Realm of Magic is Available Now. Here’s My Opinion On the Pack
- The Sims 4 Realm of Magic Features Deep-Dive
- Tutorial: Using The Sims 4’s New Stair Customization Tool
Discover University Expansion
The Sims 4 Discover University has been announced for November 15 for PC/Mac and December 17 for Xbox and Playstation 4 consoles. Click to learn more about the pack, see my summary of the livestream or read our FAQs below.
- New Career Law Career
- New Video Discover University Review
- New Video The Sims 4 Discover University Super Student
- New Engineering Career - Mechanical or Computer
- NEW Student Organizations (University Groups)
- Gameplay Features Guide (Robotics, Secret Society) Video
- Updated! Discover University Cheats
- Updated: Degrees Guide now also features a Scholarships List
- Discover University Features Guide
- Education Career - Professor or Administrator?
- Research and Debate Skill - Convince Others & Debate Guild
- Robotics and Cybernetics
- The Secret Society of Britechester
More videos coming soon!