- New Aspirations in Realm of Magic: Purveyor of Potions and Spellcraft and Sorcery
- Curses Guide
- Realm of Magic Review Video
- Realm of Magic Tips Video
- Magical Bloodline and Caster Offspring
- Realm of Magic Guide
- Realm of Magic Cheats
- Spellcasters in Realm of Magic
- Spellcaster Perks
- Spells List, Casting & Effects
- Spells List Updated & Info on Charge
- Around the World of Glimmerbrook
- Sims 4 Realm of Magic is Available Now. Here’s My Opinion On the Pack
- The Sims 4 Realm of Magic Features Deep-Dive
- Tutorial: Using The Sims 4’s New Stair Customization Tool
- New Staircase Tool – Sims 4 Maxis Monthly Livestream Recap
The Sims 4 Skill Cheats
Raise and Lower Skill Levels
Skill Cheats let you raise or lower each Skill's level individually. There is no cheat to max all skills at once, however.
Thankfully, the Sims Studio left in some development cheats that let us manually adjust Skills to any level we desire. This page is for handy reference to avoid you having to go through our massive Cheats page for the info you need. Here are the console commands you need to raise and/or lower Skills. Each cheat lets you select the level you want your Sim to have. If you want to see each level-up notification, you can do it by raising the skill level one at a time - 5, 6, 7 etc. Otherwise, we've got links to the skill guides here so that you can see what unlocks with each level and get information on using the abilities you'll be getting.
How to Use Skill Cheats
Opening the Console
Type Control + Shift + C (Mac users make sure you're actually using control and not command). Type testingcheats on to allow the use of advanced cheats. A white box will appear at the top of the screen where you can type in the following commands. Replace X with the level you want to set the Sim at. Remember that a select few skills may cap at level 5 as more Expansions are released.
Note the space between stats.set_skill_level and major_skill x. If you want to max all skills, I've typed all of these out so that you can copy/paste them in-game, replace the x with the skill level (10 in most cases) and master all skills fairly quickly.
- Skill_Bowling - stats.set_skill_level skill_bowling 5 (minor skill with 5 levels)
- Skill_Dogtraining - stats.set_skill_level skill_dogtraining 5 (minor with 5 levels, Cats and Dogs Expansion Pack)
- Skill_Fitness - stats.set_skill_level skill_fitness x (1-10, major skill) (Fitness Guide)
- Major_Acting (Acting Skill) (Get Famous Expansion)
- Major_Archaeology stats.set_skill_level major_archaeology x - Archaeology Skill (Jungle Adventure)
- Major_Baking - stats.set_skill_level major_baking x Get to Work Expansion (Baking Guide)
- Major_Bartending - that is, the Mixology Skill (Mixology Guide)
- Major_Charisma - (Charisma Guide)
- Major_Comedy - (Comedy Guide)
- Minor_Dancing - Get Together Expansion (may not work on Teenage Sims)
- Major_DJMixing - Get Together (may not work on Teenage Sims)
- Major_Fishing - (Fishing Guide)
- Major_Flowerarranging - (Flower Arranging Guide) (Seasons)
- Major_Gardening - (Gardening Guide)
- Major_GourmetCooking - (Gourmet Cooking Guide)
- Major_Guitar - (Guitar Guide)
- Major_Handiness (Handiness Guide)
- Major_Herbalism - Outdoor Retreat Expansion (Herbalism Guide)
- Major_HomestyleCooking - Regular Cooking (Homestyle Cooking Guide)
- Adultminor_localculture - Selvadoradian Local Culture Skill (Jungle Adventure)
- Major_Logic - (Logic Guide)
- Minor_MediaProduction or Adultminor_mediaproduction (Media Production Skill) (Get Famous Expansion 5 levels)
- Major_Mischief - (Mischief Guide)
- Major_Painting - (Painting Guide)
- Major_Parenting - (Parenting Skill) (Parenthood Game Pack)
- Major_Photography - Max 5, Get to Work (Photography Guide)
- Major_Piano - (Piano Guide)
- Major_PipeOrgan - (Vampires)
- Major_Programming - (Programming Guide)
- Major_Reaping - not really a thing, but it's there.
- Major_RocketScience - (Rocket Science Guide)
- Major_Singing - (Singing) (City Living Expansion)
- Vampire Lore - This cheat is stats.set_skill_level Vampirelore 0-15 (Vampire Lore Guide)
- Major_Veterinarian - (Cats and Dogs Expansion) (Veterinarian Guide)
- Major_VideoGaming - (Video Gaming Guide)
- Major_Violin - (Violin Guide)
- Major_Wellness - Spa day Game Pack (Wellness Guide)
- Major_Writing - (Writing Guide)
Check Out My Youtube Channel!
We now have a Youtube Channel with over 50 guides in video format to go along with the huge site I've already created. Check it out and consider subscribing if you like my style.
This policy contains information about your privacy. By posting, you are declaring that you understand this policy:
- Your name, rating, website address, town, country, state and comment will be publicly displayed if entered.
- Aside from the data entered into these form fields, other stored data about your comment will include:
- Your IP address (not displayed)
- The time/date of your submission (displayed)
- Your email address will not be shared. It is collected for only two reasons:
- Administrative purposes, should a need to contact you arise.
- To inform you of new comments, should you subscribe to receive notifications.
- A cookie may be set on your computer. This is used to remember your inputs. It will expire by itself.
This policy is subject to change at any time and without notice.
- stats.set_skill_10 major_baking x or something?
X being any level u want and replace the skill with the same names as those used above. Hope this helps!
I'm trying to level up the programming skill and the gaming skill and it simply won't do it
what should I do?
2. Copy and paste the desired cheat. (Mouse over the cheat with left-click held down to highlight, right-click and select copy.) For example:
stats.set_skill_level major_programming 10
Which would make a sim have level 10 in the programming skill. 3. Paste it into the cheat console by pressing Ctrl-V together Also remember to enable testingcheats on first.
Where 'x' is the number of the level you want your sim to be at in the skill 1-10
2. Copy and paste the desired cheat. (Mouse over the cheat with left-click held down to highlight, right-click and select copy.)For example:
Stats.set_skill_level major_handiness 10Which would make a sim have level 10 in the handiness skill.3. Paste it into the cheat console by pressing Ctrl-V togetherAlso remember to enable testingcheats on first.
The skills bar now shows level 7 but the career goal of reaching level 8 charisma is still checked off. Is there any way to undo a career goal that's already been met?
and the gourmet one is
And the other one that throws people off is the mixology one, type it in as
Just remember put a space, then the number you want the skill to be right after the name of the skill
stats.set_skill_level skill_fitness 4 Rememebr to be in live mode with your game paused and the target sim selected.
Enable testingcheats on and then stats.set_skill_level major_10
Realm of Magic
The Sims 4 Realm of Magic comes September 10 for PC/Mac and releases October 15 for Xbox One and Playstation 4. See my Video Guide to Features in Realm of Magic. We've compiled information on upcoming features from developer tweets and used the trailer to try to share everything we know.
NEW - Here is the Text Guide to Realm of Magic.
The Sims 4 Moschino Stuff Review
New: The Sims 4 Moschino Stuff Review - My thoughts on the photography improvements, fashion photographer, and build buy additions in The Sims 4 Moschino Stuff which is available today for PC/Mac.
The Sims 4 Moschino Stuff Pack is available by 12:30-1PM EST for PC/Mac and September 3 for Xbox One and Playstation 4. Click to learn about the new pack, freelance photography and the new clothing. You can also see my announcement video and the game's trailer within that upload.
Search the Site
New Videos and Guides
Armageddon Mod (Mod/CC Reviews).
Latest in The New How To Section : Learn How to Write Songs and Make Money with Music in The Sims 4. Also, How to Get Abducted by Aliens. We have a guide for using Pregnancy Cheats, Get a Job, Adopting a Kid and How to Cheat.
Alien Abduction: I made a Video Guide to Alien Abductions, Alien Babies in The Sims 4 Get to Work.
New How To Section : The new How To's section is updated with How to Get Abducted by Aliens. You can also learn how to use Pregnancy Cheats, Get a Job, Adopting a Kid and How to Cheat. It's meant to help newcomers or those with specific problems and will be greatly expanded over coming months.
We now have a Videos page, where I'll list every submission to our Sims 4 Gameplay Guides Channel. I'm taking feedback seriously, improving recording and sound quality and other issues with my video guides. Let me know what you think and subscribe for more like it. If you comment on the videos page with a request I may bump it higher on my to do list (no promises though!). Here is a listing of all videos released to date, in order of release:
Sims 4 February Patch Summary
Get Famous: Celestial Crystal Crown
Visit My Channel to Subscribe!
Get Famous First Impressions
First Person Mode (Sims 4 Update)
Get Famous Acting Livestream
Livestream Summary (Latest Patch News)
Patch News: COMING SOON
The Sims 4 Get Famous Expansion
Archaeology Guide (Jungle Adventure)
Jungle Adventure Gameplay
Nerd Brain and Computer Whiz
Spa Day Review and Gameplay Guide
The Sims 4 Whims & How to Use Them
Ambrosia Ingredients and Raising the Dead
The Sims 4: Making a Super Sim
The Sims 4 Careers (Improved)
Seasons Holiday Decorations Guide
Cool Kitchen Stuff
How to Woohoo & Try for Baby
Playing a Moocher
Sims 4 Writing Skill
Father Winter's Baby
Flower Shop Seasons/Get to Work Retail