- New Aspirations in Realm of Magic: Purveyor of Potions and Spellcraft and Sorcery
- Curses Guide
- Realm of Magic Review Video
- Realm of Magic Tips Video
- Magical Bloodline and Caster Offspring
- Realm of Magic Guide
- Realm of Magic Cheats
- Spellcasters in Realm of Magic
- Spellcaster Perks
- Spells List, Casting & Effects
- Spells List Updated & Info on Charge
- Around the World of Glimmerbrook
- Sims 4 Realm of Magic is Available Now. Here’s My Opinion On the Pack
- The Sims 4 Realm of Magic Features Deep-Dive
- Tutorial: Using The Sims 4’s New Stair Customization Tool
- New Staircase Tool – Sims 4 Maxis Monthly Livestream Recap
The Sims 4 Acting Skill
Being an Actor in the Get Famous Expansion Pack
The Acting Skill in The Sims 4 Get Famous Expansion
What do you level up to perform better in the Actor Career? Acting skill! The Sims 4 Get Famous has an acting skill with unique boosts that do convey an actor's charisma and ability to 'pretend', particularly in social situations. This skill is primarily used as a check when doing performances at the studio, but may also be used to perform for tips and save a bad conversation.
Ideal Mood for Acting
The ideal mood for acting seems to be Confident. You get a boost to skill gains and success rates when performing. Other moods may be useful in certain circumstances, but even for practicing a romance scene confident appears to be the best mood for your Sim's performance..
On the set, the acting skill helps you to pull off risky moves that can help accelerate the rate your celebrity gains fame.
Both mirrors and microphones can be used to level acting. I don't see much of a difference in them, though there may be a minor boost to using the special objects Actors unlock (such as the Trouper's Looking Glass vs a regular mirror. Once you get a little skill, you can put your acting to work and perform scenes out in the world with other Sims. You can also click your Sim to do scenes.
Acting Skill Unlocks: Performances and Objects
Actors can only truly shine on set. Otherwise, you might as well use some other moneymaking skill.
- Level 1 - Practice Acting with a mirror or microphone
- Level 2 - Practice Acting with another Sim unlocks. The Actor can also now Cry on Demand (Click your Sim) to get a short sad moodlet.
- Level 3 - Performing Romance Scenes with other Sims unlocks. This can be done for tips to earn a little income. Acting may also be used to save an awkward conversation.
- Level 4 - Actors unlock the Trouper's Looking Glass (special mirror) to increase acting skill faster. It's not in the family inventory, you have to buy it for around 400 Simoleons. It is a nice mirror.
- Level 5 - Perform Musical Scene unlocks.
- Level 6 - Can now perform Action Scenes. Can also use 'Act Not Bored' to save themselves or save a Boring Conversation to save everyone from boredom.
- Level 7 - Perform Horror Scene unlocks. Actors can now also save Unpleasant conversations
- Level 8 - Sci-Fi Scenes unlock for performance. The basic microphone stand unlocks, which will again help to build acting skill better than other microphones.
- Level 9 - Perform Comedy Scene unlocks, along with 'Act Not Embarrassed' to clear away Embarrassment. So comedic actors are clearly high-level actors eh.
- Level 10 - Perform Drama Scene now unlocks, and actors will also find a special Gold Jacket and Pants in CAS which they can wear freely.
Performing for Tips
Sims can earn tips as an actor either solo or with a friend, acting out scenes for people nearby
Performing won't be a primary money-maker, but it can be handy in between gigs if you have no other great ways to make money. Additionally, if you can get a big crowd around you, you'll earn a bit of fame each time you perform. Until the later levels, the gains you make amount to pocket change but this depends upon how many Sims are actually paying attention when you do a scene for tips. If a celebrity shows up, it can be incredibly frustrating as they take all the attention. It is so bad I fully expect to have to edit this eventually, because Maxis should fix it. Someone let us know if this happens down the road - we do read comments.
This game made me think of how manipulative actors might be to their significant others at times. 'I love you', gazing deep into he eyes but it's all an act. Must be concerning. Actors in The Sims 4 Get Famous don't quite go that far, but can defuse situations like embarrassment (pretend not to be embarrassed) or boredom. When conversations turn sour, they can fix them up by using their charisma. These are some well-designed abilities that do give you a sense of what an actor is, given they shouldn't have magical powers or something. However, I wish there was a bit more here. I only say this as there is no reason to touch this skill if you are not going to actually act in films and commercials.
Latest Get Famous Guides
New - Celestial Crystal Crown Effects and Quirk Removal
New - Fame Quirks
New - Media Production
Fame Perks Guide
Becoming a Star: The Celebrity Fame System Explained
Actor Career in Get Famous
Acting Skill in Get Famous
Get Famous Cheats
Acting | Archaeology | Baking | Charisma | Comedy | Cooking | Dancing | DJ Mixing | Fishing | Fitness | Flower Arranging | Gardening | Gourmet Cooking | Guitar | Handiness | Herbalism | Logic | Media Production | Mischief | Mixology | Painting | Parenting | Photography | Piano | Programming | Rocket Science | Singing | Vampire Lore | Veterinarian | Video Gaming | Violin | Wellness | Writing
Check Out My Youtube Channel!
We now have a Youtube Channel with over 50 guides in video format to go along with the huge site I've already created. Check it out and consider subscribing if you like my style.
This policy contains information about your privacy. By posting, you are declaring that you understand this policy:
- Your name, rating, website address, town, country, state and comment will be publicly displayed if entered.
- Aside from the data entered into these form fields, other stored data about your comment will include:
- Your IP address (not displayed)
- The time/date of your submission (displayed)
- Your email address will not be shared. It is collected for only two reasons:
- Administrative purposes, should a need to contact you arise.
- To inform you of new comments, should you subscribe to receive notifications.
- A cookie may be set on your computer. This is used to remember your inputs. It will expire by itself.
This policy is subject to change at any time and without notice.
Realm of Magic
The Sims 4 Realm of Magic comes September 10 for PC/Mac and releases October 15 for Xbox One and Playstation 4. See my Video Guide to Features in Realm of Magic. We've compiled information on upcoming features from developer tweets and used the trailer to try to share everything we know.
NEW - Here is the Text Guide to Realm of Magic.
The Sims 4 Moschino Stuff Review
New: The Sims 4 Moschino Stuff Review - My thoughts on the photography improvements, fashion photographer, and build buy additions in The Sims 4 Moschino Stuff which is available today for PC/Mac.
The Sims 4 Moschino Stuff Pack is available by 12:30-1PM EST for PC/Mac and September 3 for Xbox One and Playstation 4. Click to learn about the new pack, freelance photography and the new clothing. You can also see my announcement video and the game's trailer within that upload.
Search the Site
New Videos and Guides
Armageddon Mod (Mod/CC Reviews).
Latest in The New How To Section : Learn How to Write Songs and Make Money with Music in The Sims 4. Also, How to Get Abducted by Aliens. We have a guide for using Pregnancy Cheats, Get a Job, Adopting a Kid and How to Cheat.
Alien Abduction: I made a Video Guide to Alien Abductions, Alien Babies in The Sims 4 Get to Work.
New How To Section : The new How To's section is updated with How to Get Abducted by Aliens. You can also learn how to use Pregnancy Cheats, Get a Job, Adopting a Kid and How to Cheat. It's meant to help newcomers or those with specific problems and will be greatly expanded over coming months.
We now have a Videos page, where I'll list every submission to our Sims 4 Gameplay Guides Channel. I'm taking feedback seriously, improving recording and sound quality and other issues with my video guides. Let me know what you think and subscribe for more like it. If you comment on the videos page with a request I may bump it higher on my to do list (no promises though!). Here is a listing of all videos released to date, in order of release:
Sims 4 February Patch Summary
Get Famous: Celestial Crystal Crown
Visit My Channel to Subscribe!
Get Famous First Impressions
First Person Mode (Sims 4 Update)
Get Famous Acting Livestream
Livestream Summary (Latest Patch News)
Patch News: COMING SOON
The Sims 4 Get Famous Expansion
Archaeology Guide (Jungle Adventure)
Jungle Adventure Gameplay
Nerd Brain and Computer Whiz
Spa Day Review and Gameplay Guide
The Sims 4 Whims & How to Use Them
Ambrosia Ingredients and Raising the Dead
The Sims 4: Making a Super Sim
The Sims 4 Careers (Improved)
Seasons Holiday Decorations Guide
Cool Kitchen Stuff
How to Woohoo & Try for Baby
Playing a Moocher
Sims 4 Writing Skill
Father Winter's Baby
Flower Shop Seasons/Get to Work Retail