The Sims 4 Acting Skill
Being an Actor in the Get Famous Expansion Pack
The Acting Skill in The Sims 4 Get Famous Expansion
What do you level up to perform better in the Actor Career? Acting skill! The Sims 4 Get Famous has an acting skill with unique boosts that do convey an actor's charisma and ability to 'pretend', particularly in social situations. This skill is primarily used as a check when doing performances at the studio, but may also be used to perform for tips and save a bad conversation.
Ideal Mood for Acting
The ideal mood for acting seems to be Confident. You get a boost to skill gains and success rates when performing. Other moods may be useful in certain circumstances, but even for practicing a romance scene confident appears to be the best mood for your Sim's performance..
On the set, the acting skill helps you to pull off risky moves that can help accelerate the rate your celebrity gains fame.
Both mirrors and microphones can be used to level acting. I don't see much of a difference in them, though there may be a minor boost to using the special objects Actors unlock (such as the Trouper's Looking Glass vs a regular mirror. Once you get a little skill, you can put your acting to work and perform scenes out in the world with other Sims. You can also click your Sim to do scenes.
Acting Skill Unlocks: Performances and Objects
10 Million Views! My YouTube channel has grown a lot the last 6 months. I now have over 125 videos on Youtube and am nearing 100k subscribers. I'd like to invite people to check out my content and, if you like what I'm doing, subscribe!
Actors can only truly shine on set. Otherwise, you might as well use some other moneymaking skill.
- Level 1 - Practice Acting with a mirror or microphone
- Level 2 - Practice Acting with another Sim unlocks. The Actor can also now Cry on Demand (Click your Sim) to get a short sad moodlet.
- Level 3 - Performing Romance Scenes with other Sims unlocks. This can be done for tips to earn a little income. Acting may also be used to save an awkward conversation.
- Level 4 - Actors unlock the Trouper's Looking Glass (special mirror) to increase acting skill faster. It's not in the family inventory, you have to buy it for around 400 Simoleons. It is a nice mirror.
- Level 5 - Perform Musical Scene unlocks.
- Level 6 - Can now perform Action Scenes. Can also use 'Act Not Bored' to save themselves or save a Boring Conversation to save everyone from boredom.
- Level 7 - Perform Horror Scene unlocks. Actors can now also save Unpleasant conversations
- Level 8 - Sci-Fi Scenes unlock for performance. The basic microphone stand unlocks, which will again help to build acting skill better than other microphones.
- Level 9 - Perform Comedy Scene unlocks, along with 'Act Not Embarrassed' to clear away Embarrassment. So comedic actors are clearly high-level actors eh.
- Level 10 - Perform Drama Scene now unlocks, and actors will also find a special Gold Jacket and Pants in CAS which they can wear freely.
Performing for Tips
Sims can earn tips as an actor either solo or with a friend, acting out scenes for people nearby
Performing won't be a primary money-maker, but it can be handy in between gigs if you have no other great ways to make money. Additionally, if you can get a big crowd around you, you'll earn a bit of fame each time you perform. Until the later levels, the gains you make amount to pocket change but this depends upon how many Sims are actually paying attention when you do a scene for tips. If a celebrity shows up, it can be incredibly frustrating as they take all the attention. It is so bad I fully expect to have to edit this eventually, because Maxis should fix it. Someone let us know if this happens down the road - we do read comments.
This game made me think of how manipulative actors might be to their significant others at times. 'I love you', gazing deep into he eyes but it's all an act. Must be concerning. Actors in The Sims 4 Get Famous don't quite go that far, but can defuse situations like embarrassment (pretend not to be embarrassed) or boredom. When conversations turn sour, they can fix them up by using their charisma. These are some well-designed abilities that do give you a sense of what an actor is, given they shouldn't have magical powers or something. However, I wish there was a bit more here. I only say this as there is no reason to touch this skill if you are not going to actually act in films and commercials.
Latest Get Famous Guides
New - Celestial Crystal Crown Effects and Quirk Removal
New - Fame Quirks
New - Media Production
Fame Perks Guide
Becoming a Star: The Celebrity Fame System Explained
Actor Career in Get Famous
Acting Skill in Get Famous
Get Famous Cheats
Acting | Archaeology | Baking | Charisma | Comedy | Cooking | Dancing | DJ Mixing | Fabrication | Fishing | Fitness | Flower Arranging | Gardening | Gourmet Cooking | Guitar | Handiness | Herbalism | Juice Fizzing | Logic | Media Production | Mischief | Mixology | Painting | Parenting | Photography | Piano | Programming | Research and Debate Robotics | Rock Climbing | Rocket Science | Singing | Skiing | Snowboarding | Vampire Lore | Veterinarian | Video Gaming | Violin | Wellness | Writing
Check Out My Youtube Channel!
We now have a Youtube Channel with over 50 guides in video format to go along with the huge site I've already created. Check it out and consider subscribing if you like my style.
This skill is interesting but as you say, it full potential is shown when we actually take actor career
Sims 4 Paranormal Stuff
Sims 4 Snowy Escape
Sentiments & Platforms (Free Patch!)
Best Mods in Sims 4
I've created a massive List of The Best Mods in The Sims 4 that should be very helpful to new players and those who have not yet explored modding and how much it can do for your gameplay.
Secrets and Other New Stuff
Nifty Knitting is now available. Learn all about the stuff pack on my guide page here.NEW - Nifty Knitting Cheats
New features in the Sims 4 June 2020
The Sims 4 Eco Lifestyle Guide
Eco Footprint: How it Works
Neighborhood Action Plans
How to Cheat in Sims 4 Eco Lifestyle
Civil Designer Career
Insect Farms & Bio Fuel
Fabrication Skill in Eco Lifestyle
Juice Fizzing NEW
Traits and Aspirations in DLC
Gameplay Ideas for Sims 4 Eco Lifestyle
Search my Sims 4 Site
Super Sim Checklist + Other News
This is inspired by a new series in which I start at toddler and gradually take on the major bonuses. Here's a link to the full playlist!
I now have a guide page to Tiny Living Stuff where you can learn about Murphy Beds, the new death, as well as the lot bonuses you'll receive if you manage to keep the size of your lot down with this new pack's Tiny Home Lot Type.
Let's Play Playlist
New I now have a guide to Making Super Sims in The Sims 4. Look for a text version within the next 72h. It won't have THAT much more info but it will help out as a checklist.
This was inspired by a series, "Let's Play a Super Sim" in which I start at toddler and gradually take on the major bonuses. Here's a link to each part for people who are interested. You can also see the Let's Play as a Playlist on Youtube.
Latest Videos and Guides
- Sims 4 Ultimate Gameplay Tips Video
- Lot Traits Updated for all DLC
- 10 Objects that Add Gameplay to The Sims 4
- 10+ Mods That Add or Improve Gameplay in The Sims 4
- Spells List Updated & Info on Charge
- Around the World of Glimmerbrook
- Sims 4 Realm of Magic is Available Now. Here’s My Opinion On the Pack
- The Sims 4 Realm of Magic Features Deep-Dive
- Tutorial: Using The Sims 4’s New Stair Customization Tool
Discover University Expansion
The Sims 4 Discover University has been announced for November 15 for PC/Mac and December 17 for Xbox and Playstation 4 consoles. Click to learn more about the pack, see my summary of the livestream or read our FAQs below.
- New Career Law Career
- New Video Discover University Review
- New Video The Sims 4 Discover University Super Student
- New Engineering Career - Mechanical or Computer
- NEW Student Organizations (University Groups)
- Gameplay Features Guide (Robotics, Secret Society) Video
- Updated! Discover University Cheats
- Updated: Degrees Guide now also features a Scholarships List
- Discover University Features Guide
- Education Career - Professor or Administrator?
- Research and Debate Skill - Convince Others & Debate Guild
- Robotics and Cybernetics
- The Secret Society of Britechester
More videos coming soon!