New features in the Sims 4 Patch
The Sims 4 Eco Lifestyle Guide
Eco Footprint: How it Works
Neighborhood Action Plans
How to Cheat in Sims 4 Eco Lifestyle
Civil Designer Career
Insect Farms & Bio Fuel
Fabrication Skill in Eco Lifestyle
Juice Fizzing NEW
Traits and Aspirations in DLC
Gameplay Ideas for Sims 4 Eco Lifestyle
The Sims 4 Fabrication
Fabricate and Dip Candles in The Sims 4 Eco Lifestyle Expansion Pack
Fabrication is a new skill, allowing Sims to make furniture in The Sims 4 Eco Lifestyle
Fabrication is a new skill (along with Juice Fizzing) in The Sims 4 Eco Lifestyle Expansion Pack. This new skill lets you use the Fabricator to create a variety of furniture types, with various colors requiring dyes. In addition, this skill lets you craft candles at the Candle Making station. This is a much cheaper place to start.
Both the Candle and Fabrication workstations allow you to buy dyes. This either determines the candle's color, or the color theme of the object. As you can see in pictures of furniture below, you get what you expect when you put in a color on two separate objects (in that they will match).
Making Candles is a bit cheaper, but you'll still need a recycler to get Bits and Pieces.
Fabricators cost $1800 and Candle Making stations are a bit cheaper at $550. Both are found in Activities and skills > Creative. In order to Fabricate, you'll require a Recycling machine. which costs $845 and is found in Buy Mode > Activities and Skills > Outdoor. With the additional cost of $1,800 for a Fabricator, it can be expensive to get started.
A Sim uses the Fabrication Machine. Sometimes it fights you, when you're low level and this can result in some different effects. Being tossed about or sprayed in the face with paint.
For both the Candle Making and Fabrication activities, Focused is the ideal mood. You'll get a 20% boost to skill gains with regular focused, or 40% with Very Focused. Your Sim will gain levels either by making candles or fabricating things. See below for an important note on getting Bits and Pieces for your fabrication activities.
Bits and Pieces
Collect bits and pieces directly in the dumpster, and take any finds back to your Recycling Machine
The key currency for Fabrication and Candle Making is Bits and Pieces. You can see this mousing over the Fabricator and Recycling Station, or mouse over your current household funds in the bottom left corner of the screen. Bits and Pieces are acquired by recycling objects and collectibles - anything, really. You can recycle food, mySims figures, Earbuds from Fitness Stuff. You name it, you can probably turn it into bits and pieces. However, the main way to get these two is to dumpster dive.
This baby can chew up anything. Really. Just select everything you'd like to recycle, and it will give you the correct amount of Bits and Pieces... hopefully.
I highly recommend you take the Reuse and Recycle Lot Trait for your home lot, especially if you live in one of the new neighborhoods. In particular there are a couple Dumpsters in Port Promise that count as being "your" lot, so you can increase the rate they accumulate trash (while simultaneously doing the same to your home). However, if you want to make a living as a Fabricator, it's a great way to keep those Bits and Pieces flowing. Other Sims in the household can collect these for you as well, since Bits and Pieces are both stored as a currency for the whole household.
If you shift-click the Fabricator with TestingCheats On, you can get Bits and Pieces for your Sim. There is no known way to buy them, I suppose you could purchase stuff to throw into the Recycler but it may be extremely inefficient. This function isn't found on the Candle Making station, despite the fact you could use this object all by itself.
Fabrication Skill Levels & Unlocks
Thankfully, Maxis included a Master Maker Aspiration which focused on Fabrication. Finishing this Aspiration will reduce the bits and pieces cost of all crafting.
- Level 1 - You can create objects on the Fabricator or Candle Making table. A few recipes are available at the Fabrication station, while you can make Dipped (simple) candles.
- Level 2 - The Living Chair and Outdoor Chair on the Fabricator.
- Level 3 - Dressers are craftable on the Fabricator, and Cylindrical Candles can be made at the Candle Making station.
- Level 4 - New Fabricator recipes: Dining Tables and Chairs, Plumbing, Kitchen, and Common Upgrade parts can be made there as well.
- Level 5 - Floor Lights can be made at the Fabricator, and you can craft Rectangular Candles at the Candle Making Station.
- Level 6 - Fabricator allows you to craft Single Bed. That's all.
- Level 7 - Your Sim can now craft the Double Bed on the Fabricator and Carved Candles for Candle Making.
- Level 8 - Kid Bed unlocks. The saddest level.
- Level 9 - Outdoor Couches and Outdoor Trellis can be crafted at the Fabricator. You can amke Emotional Aura candles at the Candle Making station.
- Level 10 - Fine Wall Decor can be made at the Fabricator.
By using Enthuse about Fabrication, your Sim can sometimes unlock recipes when talking to NPCs. This social has a 90 minute cooldown, but will teach your Sim to make Electronic Upgrade Parts, along with a new Desk, Chouch, and Wall Light recipes.
Further, sometimes an NPC will craft "something special for you". These do not come from the Enthuse interaction, but rather the NPC essentially giving you schematics. A variety of recipes is learned this way, along with the Voodoo doll and the handiness parts (common, kitchen, plumbing, electronic), or the small woodworking sculptures. You can learn to craft a few food items on the fabricator as well, like Pizza, Cupcakes and Gummy Bear Pancakes. They may also gift you things you know how to create already, like Eco Upgrade Parts.
Stuff You Can Make
You can craft all the items listed above at the Fabrication Machine. There may be a few things not pictured, but we tried to give you a good view of the possibilities.
Eco Lifestyle Guides
- Eco Lifestyle Expansion for The Sims 4 - Pack Gameplay Features
- Cheats for The Sims 4 Eco Lifestyle - learn to change Neighborhood Action Plans, modify the Eco Footprint, and add Traits.
- Eco Footprint: How It Works - Learn about Green and Industrial Worlds
- Neighborhood Action Plans (NAPs) List
- Civil Designer: Green Tech (Meat Wall/Smog Vacuum) or Civic Planner Career
- Insect Farms - Using New Bug Houses for Bio Fuel
- Fabrication and Candle Making Skill - Eco Lifestyle's Primary Skill.
- Juice Fizzing - a Minor Skill with Potential.
- Gameplay Ideas for Eco Lifestyle - My attempt to inspired ideas for gameplay that might be fun to some players.
- Learn New Changes in The Sims 4 Patch from June 2020
- Traits and Aspirations in Eco Lifestyle - Traits and Aspirations Lists both updated.
Acting | Archaeology | Baking | Charisma | Comedy | Cooking | Dancing | DJ Mixing | Fabrication Fishing | Fitness | Flower Arranging | Gardening | Gourmet Cooking | Guitar | Handiness | Herbalism | Juice Fizzing | Logic | Media Production | Mischief | Mixology | Painting | Parenting | Photography | Piano | Programming | Robotics Rocket Science | Singing | Vampire Lore | Veterinarian | Video Gaming | Violin | Wellness | Writing
Check Out My Youtube Channel!
We now have a Youtube Channel with over 50 guides in video format to go along with the huge site I've already created. Check it out and consider subscribing if you like my style.
There are fabrication recipes missing from this list :( hidden recipes can be unlocked by enthusing about fabrication with other sims. So far I’ve seen at level 1: fabricated desk, fabricated wall light, level 9: fabricated trellis. Hopefully we can find them all!
As far as I found out, we are aren't eligible to purchase 2 dyes (Grim dye and Houndstooth dye) from a fabrication/cande-making station, we can find the in a dumpster though. Also, you can get additional fabrication schematics by Enthusing about Fabrication with a Master Crafter NPC or by inventing them I think. Got a couple from Master Crafter.
Do you get the hydroponic planter recipe by enthusing about fabrication cause it is not available otherwise? I maxed fabrication.
Have Any Secret Recipes unlocker mod?
It takes 3 hours to make a molded candle!!! This seems tuned wrong. Someone probably has a mod already.
Question: what is the ideal mood for crafting? I thought it was Inspired, because when you choose the Maker aspiration it gives you the Muser trait. But when I leveled up the juice fizzing skill all the way, it gave me Affizinado, which gives me focused moodlets when crafting.
Please make post about candles, what they do etc.
Scented Candles Effect:
Sage = +2 Focused 8 Hours
Daisy = +1 Focused 8 Hours
Chrysanthemum = +2 Happy 8 Hours
Bluebell = +1 Happy 8 Hours
Bird Of Paradise = +1 Playful 4 Hours
Rose = +2 Flirty 4 Hours
Tulip = +1 Flirty 4 Hours
Death Flower = +2 Sad 4 Hours
Lily = +1 Sad 4 Hours
Snapdragon = +2 Energized 4 Hours
(Glitch, Swapped Effect with Orchid)
Orchid = +1 Energized 4 Hours
(Glitch, Swapped Effect with Snapdragon)
Would be very useful to have a page about what can be found while doing "Dive for Deals" and "Dive for Meals".
Is there info on how to use the new club activities that came with Eco Lifestyle? The Club members don’t use the candle making and fizz machines so choosing them club activity is useless unless I am doing something wrong...
New Patch & Eco Lifestyle Guides
New features in the Sims 4 Patch
Search my Sims 4 Site
Super Sim Checklist + Other News
This is inspired by a new series in which I start at toddler and gradually take on the major bonuses. Here's a link to the full playlist!
I now have a guide page to Tiny Living Stuff where you can learn about Murphy Beds, the new death, as well as the lot bonuses you'll receive if you manage to keep the size of your lot down with this new pack's Tiny Home Lot Type.
Let's Play Playlist
New I now have a guide to Making Super Sims in The Sims 4. Look for a text version within the next 72h. It won't have THAT much more info but it will help out as a checklist.
This was inspired by a series, "Let's Play a Super Sim" in which I start at toddler and gradually take on the major bonuses. Here's a link to each part for people who are interested. You can also see the Let's Play as a Playlist on Youtube.
Latest Videos and Guides
- Sims 4 Ultimate Gameplay Tips Video
- Lot Traits Updated for all DLC
- 10 Objects that Add Gameplay to The Sims 4
- 10+ Mods That Add or Improve Gameplay in The Sims 4
- Spells List Updated & Info on Charge
- Around the World of Glimmerbrook
- Sims 4 Realm of Magic is Available Now. Here’s My Opinion On the Pack
- The Sims 4 Realm of Magic Features Deep-Dive
- Tutorial: Using The Sims 4’s New Stair Customization Tool
Discover University Expansion
The Sims 4 Discover University has been announced for November 15 for PC/Mac and December 17 for Xbox and Playstation 4 consoles. Click to learn more about the pack, see my summary of the livestream or read our FAQs below.
- New Career Law Career
- New Video Discover University Review
- New Video The Sims 4 Discover University Super Student
- New Engineering Career - Mechanical or Computer
- NEW Student Organizations (University Groups)
- Gameplay Features Guide (Robotics, Secret Society) Video
- Updated! Discover University Cheats
- Updated: Degrees Guide now also features a Scholarships List
- Discover University Features Guide
- Education Career - Professor or Administrator?
- Research and Debate Skill - Convince Others & Debate Guild
- Robotics and Cybernetics
- The Secret Society of Britechester
More videos coming soon!