The Sims 4 Hidden Area:
Finding Sylvan Glade
There are two hidden areas included in The Sims 4, one in each World - The Forgotten Grotto in Oasis Springs, and Sylvan Glade in Willow Creek. All Sims may enter Sylvan Glade with no special requirements, while the other requires max Handiness. Once you've unlocked these areas, you can easily return to them at any time without having to go through all those steps - just travel to the neighborhood and head right in!
Here is a video walkthrough for Finding Sylvan Glade. Watch it here or follow the link to subscribe to our channel for content notifications.
Where to find Sylvan Glade in Willow Creek
Hidden Area: Sylvan Glade
Travel to Crick Cabana in Willow Creek, above, and look for the big, mystical-looking tree in the Screenshot below.
Water, then talk to this Tree to enter Sylvan Glade
View the Tree a couple of times, then the Water option should pop up. After watering it a few times, I had the option to 'Chat about Roots', then 'Compliment on Leaves' and finally, 'Explore'.
Click to Enlarge. A beautiful view of Sylvan Glade
From there, you must again make the right choices, but get as many tries as you like. Select Follow the Sound, Travel Downstream, Enter the Mist, Travel to Glade.
Catching a Treefish in The Sims 4's Sylvan Glade Hidden Area
Now you are in a reliable place to catch a valuable and rare Treefish! There are also Plants you may not have, and places to search for Frogs and Dig. I am sure the spawners in the Glade are more likely to spit out rare collectibles, just like those in the Grotto.
Check Out My Youtube Channel!
We now have a Youtube Channel with over 50 guides in video format to go along with the huge site I've already created. Check it out and consider subscribing if you like my style.
This policy contains information about your privacy. By posting, you are declaring that you understand this policy:
- Your name, rating, website address, town, country, state and comment will be publicly displayed if entered.
- Aside from the data entered into these form fields, other stored data about your comment will include:
- Your IP address (not displayed)
- The time/date of your submission (displayed)
- Your email address will not be shared. It is collected for only two reasons:
- Administrative purposes, should a need to contact you arise.
- To inform you of new comments, should you subscribe to receive notifications.
- A cookie may be set on your computer. This is used to remember your inputs. It will expire by itself.
This policy is subject to change at any time and without notice.
Did catch some awesome fish, though
The Gardening Guide has a table with how many sim hours it takes plants to mature.
I think my collectables are bugged or something. I cant see a single dig, plant or anything in the glade (or any other world). has anyone had this problem??
Yikes, If your sim hangs on the lot til at least 4-6am the next day the spawners should kick in. If they don't then save your game and exit. Then delete the localthumbcache.package file from your TheSims4 folder and go back to the glade and wait till 4-6am again for the spawners to kick in.
Spawners in the Glade should kick in the minute your sim arrives on the lot but sometimes they are on the same schedule as ordinary plants and so only spawn once a day between 4-6 am.
this is amazing! I had no idea there ever WERE any secret areas on sims. Thank god I found this guide
New Patch for November 2019!
Discover University Expansion
The Sims 4 Discover University has been announced for November 15 for PC/Mac and December 17 for Xbox and Playstation 4 consoles. Click to learn more about the pack, see my summary of the livestream or read our FAQs below.
- Gameplay Features Guide (Robotics, Secret Society) Video
- Updated! Discover University Cheats
- Updated: Degrees Guide now also features a Scholarships List
- Discover University Features Guide
- Education Career - Professor or Administrator?
- New Research and Debate Skill - Convince Others & Debate Guild
- Robotics and Cybernetics
- The Secret Society of Britechester
More videos coming soon!
- Lot Traits Updated for all DLC
- 10 Objects that Add Gameplay to The Sims 4
- 10+ Mods That Add or Improve Gameplay in The Sims 4
- Spells List Updated & Info on Charge
- Around the World of Glimmerbrook
- Sims 4 Realm of Magic is Available Now. Here’s My Opinion On the Pack
- The Sims 4 Realm of Magic Features Deep-Dive
- Tutorial: Using The Sims 4’s New Stair Customization Tool
Realm of Magic
Search the Site
We now have a Videos page, where I'll list every submission to our Sims 4 Gameplay Guides Channel. I'm taking feedback seriously, improving recording and sound quality and other issues with my video guides. Let me know what you think and subscribe for more like it. If you comment on the videos page with a request I may bump it higher on my to do list (no promises though!). Here is a listing of all videos released to date, in order of release:
Sims 4 February Patch Summary
Get Famous: Celestial Crystal Crown
Visit My Channel to Subscribe!
Get Famous First Impressions
First Person Mode (Sims 4 Update)
Get Famous Acting Livestream
Livestream Summary (Latest Patch News)
Patch News: COMING SOON
The Sims 4 Get Famous Expansion
Archaeology Guide (Jungle Adventure)
Jungle Adventure Gameplay
Nerd Brain and Computer Whiz
Spa Day Review and Gameplay Guide
The Sims 4 Whims & How to Use Them
Ambrosia Ingredients and Raising the Dead
The Sims 4: Making a Super Sim
The Sims 4 Careers (Improved)
Seasons Holiday Decorations Guide
Cool Kitchen Stuff
How to Woohoo & Try for Baby
Playing a Moocher
Sims 4 Writing Skill
Father Winter's Baby
Flower Shop Seasons/Get to Work Retail