The Sims 4 Seasons Weather Machine
Manipulating the Weather (With Handiness Upgrades)
Dr. June's Weather Control Device lets you change the current or seasonal weather, and even advance to another season entirely. Skip the holidays if you like!
The Sims 4 Seasons includes a weather machine, and with minimal effort on the part of your Sims, you can alter the current weather or even change the likelihood of precipitation throughout the entire current season. With a high level in handiness, a Sim can even change the season entirely. This guide to using the weather controller is meant to give you an overview on using it and what the individual handiness upgrades can be used to do. Click here if you'd like a cheat to change the weather.
How to Get One
Making it really cold and snowy while everyone is in warm weather clothing could be used to interesting effect.
You don't need to build anything to begin using the weather machine. Find Dr. June's Weather Control Device in buy mode under outdoor activities for $1,500 Simoleons. This is clearly meant for wealthier Sims, as it does give a lot of power but a poor Sim couldn't afford to dish out so much to avoid some mild inconvenience. You won't be able to make money with it, though if you have outdoor activities that generate income for you (such as fishing) it will make the experience much more enjoyable. This is also incredibly helpful for gardening, but not for that reason.
Using the Weather Machine
The weather control device can change the day's forecast immediately.
When you start, you can only change the weather for the current day. Assuming the Sim is successful the weather control device will fire into the sky, changing the weather for the current day. . You'll be notified if the attempt was unsuccessful for some reason. Success rates are dictated by the handiness skill along with upgrades to the machine. Being focused does help with success rates at low handiness. Note that while you can make a blizzard in the current season, snow doesn't seem to accumulate unless it's winter. Failure to use the weather control device means being zapped, and we all know what happens if you're zapped twice in a row (death).
Upgrades: Modifying & Changing the Season
If you wonder how to change the season in the Expansion, this weather machine upgrade is the answer.
Sims who upgrade the weather machine get a significant improvement in functionality. With just level 3 Handiness, a Sim can upgrade the device with "Capacitive Efficiency" which allows them to change the weather in general for the remainder of the current season. Each selection only increases the odds of the selected event, so some days will be whatever you selected - rainy, sunny - and others will use the default weather.
With level 8 handiness, you can upgrade to the "Temporal Modifier Unit", which lets the Sim advance to a different season. It doesn't have to be the next season! Helpful if you're a gardener and don't have much of anything available for the current season. You can do this twice if you'd like to start the current season over. The full list of upgrades is:
- Climatic Hydrator (Level 2 Handiness) - Increases the success rate when dealing with precipitation in general (snow and rain).
- Gyroscope Durability (Level 2) - The weather machine will break less frequently.
- Humidity Chiller (Level 2) - The Sim's success rate at controlling snowy/cold weather increases.
- Moisture Vaporator (Level 2) - Increases the success rate on interactions that "clear the skies", I suppose meaning when you have selected to make it a sunny day or end some rain.
- Capacitive Efficiency (Level 3) - Allows you to select among options such as mild, snowy, normal (winter for example) for the current season. This increases the odds of that type of weather throughout the remainder of the season.
- Self-Repairing Nanites (Level 5) - Makes the weather machine unbreakable.
- Temporal Modifier Unit (Level 8) - Allows you to use the machine to change to any season.
If you find some uses for the weather machine that you think are pretty great, share them below!
Seasons Expansion Guides
Check Out My Youtube Channel!
We now have a Youtube Channel with over 50 guides in video format to go along with the huge site I've already created. Check it out and consider subscribing if you like my style.
This policy contains information about your privacy. By posting, you are declaring that you understand this policy:
- Your name, rating, website address, town, country, state and comment will be publicly displayed if entered.
- Aside from the data entered into these form fields, other stored data about your comment will include:
- Your IP address (not displayed)
- The time/date of your submission (displayed)
- Your email address will not be shared. It is collected for only two reasons:
- Administrative purposes, should a need to contact you arise.
- To inform you of new comments, should you subscribe to receive notifications.
- A cookie may be set on your computer. This is used to remember your inputs. It will expire by itself.
This policy is subject to change at any time and without notice.
New Patch for November 2019!
Discover University Expansion
The Sims 4 Discover University has been announced for November 15 for PC/Mac and December 17 for Xbox and Playstation 4 consoles. Click to learn more about the pack, see my summary of the livestream or read our FAQs below.
- Gameplay Features Guide (Robotics, Secret Society) Video
- Updated! Discover University Cheats
- Updated: Degrees Guide now also features a Scholarships List
- Discover University Features Guide
- Education Career - Professor or Administrator?
- New Research and Debate Skill - Convince Others & Debate Guild
- Robotics and Cybernetics
- The Secret Society of Britechester
More videos coming soon!
- Lot Traits Updated for all DLC
- 10 Objects that Add Gameplay to The Sims 4
- 10+ Mods That Add or Improve Gameplay in The Sims 4
- Spells List Updated & Info on Charge
- Around the World of Glimmerbrook
- Sims 4 Realm of Magic is Available Now. Here’s My Opinion On the Pack
- The Sims 4 Realm of Magic Features Deep-Dive
- Tutorial: Using The Sims 4’s New Stair Customization Tool
Realm of Magic
Search the Site
Sims 4 Packs & DLC
We now have a Videos page, where I'll list every submission to our Sims 4 Gameplay Guides Channel. I'm taking feedback seriously, improving recording and sound quality and other issues with my video guides. Let me know what you think and subscribe for more like it. If you comment on the videos page with a request I may bump it higher on my to do list (no promises though!). Here is a listing of all videos released to date, in order of release:
Sims 4 February Patch Summary
Get Famous: Celestial Crystal Crown
Visit My Channel to Subscribe!
Get Famous First Impressions
First Person Mode (Sims 4 Update)
Get Famous Acting Livestream
Livestream Summary (Latest Patch News)
Patch News: COMING SOON
The Sims 4 Get Famous Expansion
Archaeology Guide (Jungle Adventure)
Jungle Adventure Gameplay
Nerd Brain and Computer Whiz
Spa Day Review and Gameplay Guide
The Sims 4 Whims & How to Use Them
Ambrosia Ingredients and Raising the Dead
The Sims 4: Making a Super Sim
The Sims 4 Careers (Improved)
Seasons Holiday Decorations Guide
Cool Kitchen Stuff
How to Woohoo & Try for Baby
Playing a Moocher
Sims 4 Writing Skill
Father Winter's Baby
Flower Shop Seasons/Get to Work Retail