The past month, I've spent every day tinkering The Sims 4, making quality of life improvements, gameplay changes, and new difficulty settings for the game. If you'd like to learn more about my project, visit the post on Patreon where you can download it now.
The Sims 4 Seasons Weather Machine
Manipulating the Weather (With Handiness Upgrades)
Dr. June's Weather Control Device lets you change the current or seasonal weather, and even advance to another season entirely. Skip the holidays if you like!
The Sims 4 Seasons includes a weather machine, and with minimal effort on the part of your Sims, you can alter the current weather or even change the likelihood of precipitation throughout the entire current season. With a high level in handiness, a Sim can even change the season entirely. This guide to using the weather controller is meant to give you an overview on using it and what the individual handiness upgrades can be used to do. Click here if you'd like a cheat to change the weather.
How to Get One
Making it really cold and snowy while everyone is in warm weather clothing could be used to interesting effect.
You don't need to build anything to begin using the weather machine. Find Dr. June's Weather Control Device in buy mode under outdoor activities for $1,500 Simoleons. This is clearly meant for wealthier Sims, as it does give a lot of power but a poor Sim couldn't afford to dish out so much to avoid some mild inconvenience. You won't be able to make money with it, though if you have outdoor activities that generate income for you (such as fishing) it will make the experience much more enjoyable. This is also incredibly helpful for gardening, but not for that reason.
Using the Weather Machine
The weather control device can change the day's forecast immediately.
When you start, you can only change the weather for the current day. Assuming the Sim is successful the weather control device will fire into the sky, changing the weather for the current day. . You'll be notified if the attempt was unsuccessful for some reason. Success rates are dictated by the handiness skill along with upgrades to the machine. Being focused does help with success rates at low handiness. Note that while you can make a blizzard in the current season, snow doesn't seem to accumulate unless it's winter. Failure to use the weather control device means being zapped, and we all know what happens if you're zapped twice in a row (death).
Upgrades: Modifying & Changing the Season
10 Million Views! My YouTube channel has grown a lot the last 6 months. I now have over 125 videos on Youtube and am nearing 100k subscribers. I'd like to invite people to check out my content and, if you like what I'm doing, subscribe!
If you wonder how to change the season in the Expansion, this weather machine upgrade is the answer.
Sims who upgrade the weather machine get a significant improvement in functionality. With just level 3 Handiness, a Sim can upgrade the device with "Capacitive Efficiency" which allows them to change the weather in general for the remainder of the current season. Each selection only increases the odds of the selected event, so some days will be whatever you selected - rainy, sunny - and others will use the default weather.
With level 8 handiness, you can upgrade to the "Temporal Modifier Unit", which lets the Sim advance to a different season. It doesn't have to be the next season! Helpful if you're a gardener and don't have much of anything available for the current season. You can do this twice if you'd like to start the current season over. The full list of upgrades is:
- Climatic Hydrator (Level 2 Handiness) - Increases the success rate when dealing with precipitation in general (snow and rain).
- Gyroscope Durability (Level 2) - The weather machine will break less frequently.
- Humidity Chiller (Level 2) - The Sim's success rate at controlling snowy/cold weather increases.
- Moisture Vaporator (Level 2) - Increases the success rate on interactions that "clear the skies", I suppose meaning when you have selected to make it a sunny day or end some rain.
- Capacitive Efficiency (Level 3) - Allows you to select among options such as mild, snowy, normal (winter for example) for the current season. This increases the odds of that type of weather throughout the remainder of the season.
- Self-Repairing Nanites (Level 5) - Makes the weather machine unbreakable.
- Temporal Modifier Unit (Level 8) - Allows you to use the machine to change to any season.
If you find some uses for the weather machine that you think are pretty great, share them below!
Seasons Expansion Guides
Check Out My Youtube Channel!
We now have a Youtube Channel with over 50 guides in video format to go along with the huge site I've already created. Check it out and consider subscribing if you like my style.
Lol mine is set to four weeks because I grow lots of dragon fruit and death flower.
I have Seasons disabled these days, hate the way the plants and grass etc goes brown and ugly in Winter. Either that I or have it set to Summer and then cheat the other seasons away to get back to the beginning of summer again.
A Deeper Game
Cottage Living Guide! Here is my guide to new features in the Sims 4 Cottage Living Expansion
You can also find handy Cottage Living Cheats
I have much more to come, since you can actually write a few guides about this pack!
Calling all Blender Users
Blender has been incredibly useful in video production, so I made my own Physics and Simulation Improvement Addon that lumps a ton of unique tools into one compact interface.
Sims 4 Snowy Escape
Sentiments & Platforms (Free Patch!)
Best Mods in Sims 4
I've created a massive List of The Best Mods in The Sims 4 that should be very helpful to new players and those who have not yet explored modding and how much it can do for your gameplay.
Secrets and Other New Stuff
Nifty Knitting is now available. Learn all about the stuff pack on my guide page here.NEW - Nifty Knitting Cheats
New features in the Sims 4 June 2020
The Sims 4 Eco Lifestyle Guide
Eco Footprint: How it Works
Neighborhood Action Plans
How to Cheat in Sims 4 Eco Lifestyle
Civil Designer Career
Insect Farms & Bio Fuel
Fabrication Skill in Eco Lifestyle
Juice Fizzing NEW
Traits and Aspirations in DLC
Gameplay Ideas for Sims 4 Eco Lifestyle
Search my Sims 4 Site
Sims 4 Packs & DLC
Super Sim Checklist + Other News
This is inspired by a new series in which I start at toddler and gradually take on the major bonuses. Here's a link to the full playlist!
I now have a guide page to Tiny Living Stuff where you can learn about Murphy Beds, the new death, as well as the lot bonuses you'll receive if you manage to keep the size of your lot down with this new pack's Tiny Home Lot Type.
Let's Play Playlist
New I now have a guide to Making Super Sims in The Sims 4. Look for a text version within the next 72h. It won't have THAT much more info but it will help out as a checklist.
This was inspired by a series, "Let's Play a Super Sim" in which I start at toddler and gradually take on the major bonuses. Here's a link to each part for people who are interested. You can also see the Let's Play as a Playlist on Youtube.
Latest Videos and Guides
- Sims 4 Ultimate Gameplay Tips Video
- Lot Traits Updated for all DLC
- 10 Objects that Add Gameplay to The Sims 4
- 10+ Mods That Add or Improve Gameplay in The Sims 4
- Spells List Updated & Info on Charge
- Around the World of Glimmerbrook
- Sims 4 Realm of Magic is Available Now. Here’s My Opinion On the Pack
- The Sims 4 Realm of Magic Features Deep-Dive
- Tutorial: Using The Sims 4’s New Stair Customization Tool
Discover University Expansion
The Sims 4 Discover University has been announced for November 15 for PC/Mac and December 17 for Xbox and Playstation 4 consoles. Click to learn more about the pack, see my summary of the livestream or read our FAQs below.
- New Career Law Career
- New Video Discover University Review
- New Video The Sims 4 Discover University Super Student
- New Engineering Career - Mechanical or Computer
- NEW Student Organizations (University Groups)
- Gameplay Features Guide (Robotics, Secret Society) Video
- Updated! Discover University Cheats
- Updated: Degrees Guide now also features a Scholarships List
- Discover University Features Guide
- Education Career - Professor or Administrator?
- Research and Debate Skill - Convince Others & Debate Guild
- Robotics and Cybernetics
- The Secret Society of Britechester
More videos coming soon!