The Sims 4 Cool Kitchen
Ice Cream Features, Objects, Hair, and Clothing
By Mr. and Mrs. Flynn Arrowstarr
The Sims 4: Cool Kitchen Stuff is the fourth Stuff Pack for The Sims 4. The pack contains a number of new objects to help style your perfect kitchen and dining areas. Add to that the Sweet Tooth Ice Cream Machine for crafting a variety of treats which can both positively and negatively affect your Sims' moods and you have a great way to add new fun to your Sims 4 game.
This guide covers everything you need to know about the gameplay in Cool Kitchen, focusing primarily on the ice cream maker and how it can benefit your Sims.
Ice Cream Machine
The Sweet Tooth Ice Cream Machine makes a variety of sweet treats for your Sims to enjoy. Each batch is eight servings - both bowls and cones count as a serving each. Quality is based on the Sim's Cooking skill level and the batches last ten hours before spoiling. The treats grant the following moodlets (based on Excellent quality meal):
|1 - 3||Pretty Tasty Happy +1||4 hours|
|4 - 6||Delicious Dish Happy +1||4 hours|
|7 - 8||Fantastic Food Happy +2||5 hours|
|9 - 10||Epic Meal Happy +3||6 hours|
Ice Cream Recipes by Cooking Level
Ice Creams with special effects are Bolded in the table and their descriptions found below.
|1||Vanilla Ice Cream||$5|
|1||Chocolate Ice Cream||$6|
|3||Weight of the World||$21|
|3||Mint Chocolate Chip||$15|
|4||Cherry Ice Cream||$18|
|4||Taste of Diet||$27|
|8||Fruit of the Forest||$33|
|10||Ricotta Stregala Gelato||$37|
|10||Neapolitan Ice Cream||$40|
Some flavors have other effects on your Sim in addition to the meal moodlet. Here's a list of the special ice cream effects:
- Pure Perfection - Pure Perfection moodlet (Happy +1) for four hours.
- Weight of the World - Sugary Goodness moodlet (Happy +1) for four hours. Can make your Sim put on weight.
- Taste of Diet - Taste of Diet moodlet (Happy +2) for four hours. Can reduce the Sim's body fat by eating it multiple times.
- Twin Roses - Taste of Roses moodlet (Flirty +1) for four hours.
- Haunted Mint - Hauntingly X moodlet which has a couple different effects, and may result in the Sim being visited by a Ghost:
- Hauntingly Saddened - Sad +1 for four hours (25%).
- Hauntingly Inspired - Inspired +1 for four hours (75%).
- Mental Upheaval - Mind Askew moodlet (random moodlet +1) for one hour.
- Plant Matter - Green Life moodlet (Happy +1) for four hours. Also turns Sim's skin green for the length of the moodlet.
- Dragon's Breath - Dragon's Wrath moodlet (Uncomfortable +1) for four hours, may also make them Confident. Has a chance of setting the Sim on fire.
- Chilling Mocha - Chance for a couple of effects, and your Sim may freeze others using a special interaction:
- Chilled to the Bone moodlet (Uncomfortable +1) for four hours and turns the Sim's skin blue. The affected Sim will also shiver occasionally.
- Ice Treat moodlet (Happy +1) for four hours. No skin color change or shivering animation.
Garnish and Toppings Effects
Sims get an additional moodlet if their favorite topping AND garnish are used on the ice cream. Any of their traits can be a 'favorite' so if you have two Sims with a common trait they could both get it if you choose the common trait. The correct favorite is based purely on each Sim's traits. The lone exception is children, who all like the same thing (listed first):
|Child orChildish||Sprinkles||Whipped Cream|
|Art Lover||Orange Slices||Raspberry Sauce|
|Bro||Peppermint Stick||Chocolate Sauce|
|Commitment Issues||Peppermint Stick||Nuts|
|Evil||Cinnamon Stick||Raspberry Sauce|
|Genius||Orange Slice||Coconut Shavings|
|Goofball||Banana Slices||Whipped Cream|
|Hot Headed||Peppermint Stick||Whipped Cream|
|Loves the Outdoors||Flower||Coconut Shavings|
|Music Lover||Banana||Chocolate Sauce|
|Self Assured||Cinnamon Stick||Coconut Shavings|
Click to Enlarge. Effects of Dragon's Breath, Plant Matter and Chilling Mocha ice creams.
Clicking on a tub of ice cream offers a number of interactions. Your Sim can:
- Grab a bowl
- Grab a cone
- Set Garnish - fills the left smaller bowl with one of the following items:
- Banana Slices
- Cinnamon Sticks
- Mint Leaves
- Nut Bar
- Orange Slices
- Peppermint Sticks
- Sprinkle Stick
- Waffle Pieces
- Set Topping - fills the right small bowl with one of the following items:
- Caramel Syrup
- Chocolate Sauce
- Coconut Shavings
- Raspberry Sauce
- Whipped Cream
- Put in Inventory
- Throw Away
- Your name, rating, website address, town, country, state and comment will be publicly displayed if entered.
- Aside from the data entered into these form fields, other stored data about your comment will include:
- Your IP address (not displayed)
- The time/date of your submission (displayed)
- Your email address will not be shared. It is collected for only two reasons:
- Administrative purposes, should a need to contact you arise.
- To inform you of new comments, should you subscribe to receive notifications.
- A cookie may be set on your computer. This is used to remember your inputs. It will expire by itself.
Build Mode Objects
Click to Enlarge. Several new kitchen themed objects are included in the pack. A new stove and refrigerator are highlights as well as the Ice Cream Maker.
Clothing and Hair
Click to Enlarge. Guys get a number of tops, a pair of jeans and a couple of hairstyles.
Click to Enlarge. Ladies get a few more hairstyles, a couple of pants and a skirt. Also a new necklace (not pictured).
New Styled Rooms
Click to Enlarge. The styled kitchen included showcases many of the new items included in Cool Kitchen Stuff.
Click to Enlarge. Like the kitchen, the styled dining room showcases more of the new items in the pack.
Check Out My Youtube Channel!
We now have a Youtube Channel with over 50 guides in video format to go along with the huge site I've already created. Check it out and consider subscribing if you like my style.
This policy contains information about your privacy. By posting, you are declaring that you understand this policy:
This policy is subject to change at any time and without notice.
I don’t know if I got deleted but I am gonna say it again what about the bookworm triat flavour
As far as I know the Bookworm Trait isn't mentioned in the tuning files. As any trait on a sim can trigger the favorite ice cream toppings/garnishes and sims can have up to three traits it isn't really an issue.
New Patch for November 2019!
Discover University Expansion
The Sims 4 Discover University has been announced for November 15 for PC/Mac and December 17 for Xbox and Playstation 4 consoles. Click to learn more about the pack, see my summary of the livestream or read our FAQs below.
- Gameplay Features Guide (Robotics, Secret Society) Video
- Updated! Discover University Cheats
- Updated: Degrees Guide now also features a Scholarships List
- Discover University Features Guide
- Education Career - Professor or Administrator?
- New Research and Debate Skill - Convince Others & Debate Guild
- Robotics and Cybernetics
- The Secret Society of Britechester
More videos coming soon!
- Lot Traits Updated for all DLC
- 10 Objects that Add Gameplay to The Sims 4
- 10+ Mods That Add or Improve Gameplay in The Sims 4
- Spells List Updated & Info on Charge
- Around the World of Glimmerbrook
- Sims 4 Realm of Magic is Available Now. Here’s My Opinion On the Pack
- The Sims 4 Realm of Magic Features Deep-Dive
- Tutorial: Using The Sims 4’s New Stair Customization Tool
Realm of Magic
Search the Site
Sims 4 Packs & DLC
We now have a Videos page, where I'll list every submission to our Sims 4 Gameplay Guides Channel. I'm taking feedback seriously, improving recording and sound quality and other issues with my video guides. Let me know what you think and subscribe for more like it. If you comment on the videos page with a request I may bump it higher on my to do list (no promises though!). Here is a listing of all videos released to date, in order of release:
Sims 4 February Patch Summary
Get Famous: Celestial Crystal Crown
Visit My Channel to Subscribe!
Get Famous First Impressions
First Person Mode (Sims 4 Update)
Get Famous Acting Livestream
Livestream Summary (Latest Patch News)
Patch News: COMING SOON
The Sims 4 Get Famous Expansion
Archaeology Guide (Jungle Adventure)
Jungle Adventure Gameplay
Nerd Brain and Computer Whiz
Spa Day Review and Gameplay Guide
The Sims 4 Whims & How to Use Them
Ambrosia Ingredients and Raising the Dead
The Sims 4: Making a Super Sim
The Sims 4 Careers (Improved)
Seasons Holiday Decorations Guide
Cool Kitchen Stuff
How to Woohoo & Try for Baby
Playing a Moocher
Sims 4 Writing Skill
Father Winter's Baby
Flower Shop Seasons/Get to Work Retail