- New Aspirations in Realm of Magic: Purveyor of Potions and Spellcraft and Sorcery
- Curses Guide
- Realm of Magic Review Video
- Realm of Magic Tips Video
- Magical Bloodline and Caster Offspring
- Realm of Magic Guide
- Realm of Magic Cheats
- Spellcasters in Realm of Magic
- Spellcaster Perks
- Spells List, Casting & Effects
- Spells List Updated & Info on Charge
- Around the World of Glimmerbrook
- Sims 4 Realm of Magic is Available Now. Here’s My Opinion On the Pack
- The Sims 4 Realm of Magic Features Deep-Dive
- Tutorial: Using The Sims 4’s New Stair Customization Tool
- New Staircase Tool – Sims 4 Maxis Monthly Livestream Recap
The Sims 4 Singing Skill
Money Making and Song Genres in City Living
The Singing Skill in The Sims 4 City Living lets you earn money, write songs, and impress romantic partners.
The Sims 4 City Living features a singing skill, which lets Sims gradually improve their vocal range. This skill must have taken some work, as Sims grow to sing much better over time and eventually sing near-perfectly. With higher levels in singing, you can begin to write songs and even license them to earn some extra money. This skill synergizes with both the Piano and Guitar skills. Getting to level 3 in those two instruments, your Sim will be able to sing and play at the same time. It's not an enjoyable listen at first, but they get much, much better with practice.
Getting Started as a Singer
Singing in the Shower is not only a great way to unlock level 1, you can also do it every day when your Sim gets cleaned up without adding much time to the showering process.
Sims can begin to level up the Singing skill by using a karaoke machine. Practice singing is not initially available. Another quick way to get level 1 in order to practice is to use the shower. While taking a shower, you can pause the game and click it again to 'sing in the shower', which when done early enough (while in a good mood) will get that first level in the singing skill. Once the first level is gained, you can practice using a microphone or by simply clicking on your Sim. The ideal mood for singing is Inspired.
Level Up Singing
Karaoke is a good choice for leveling the skill and making new friends on a night out. Sims are awful when they first get started. It's funny but hard to listen to for any length of time.
As you level the singing skill, your Sim will noticeably improve, with their voice improvements actually making the listening experience enjoyable. You may even grow to love some of the songs, despite the gibberish that is Simlish. Since you can practice this skill anywhere, you should have no trouble gaining skill levels over time. Use it when there's nothing else to do, as you would by carrying around a guitar with your Sim. It is actually possible to level both guitar and singing at the same time, which is extra effective if you pluck some inspiration first using the guitar.
Skill & Song Genre Unlocks by Level
- Level 1 - Click Microphone/Sim to Practice Singing. Genre unlocks: Solo House, Jazz, and Pop on Karaoke Machine. Country Duet with Karaoke Machine.
- Level 2 - Rock songs on Karaoke Machine, Duet Pop songs. Folk genre unlocks on Microphone (and Guitar/Piano with level 3 in those Skills). Rave about Favorite Singers Interaction unlocks.
- Level 3 - Country (solo) and Duet Jazz songs unlock on Karaoke Machine. Pop songs on Microphone (and Piano/Guitar with level 3 in those instruments). Can now select to sing pop songs by clicking on the Sim. Serenade interaction unlocks.
- Level 4 - Can sing Disco songs and Duet Ballads on the Karaoke Machine
- Level 5 - Can sing Jazz songs on Piano/Guitar/Microphone. Sing Jazz under the Sim-click Sing Song menu.
- Level 6 - Singing voice continues to improve, more likely to get a good moodlet from singing Karaoke.
- Level 7 - Theater Drama songs can be sung on the Microphone, Guitar, Piano, and under the Sing Song menu when clicking the Sim.
- Level 8 - Write Lyrics is possible by clicking on the Microphone, Guitar, and Piano if you have at least level 3 in those instruments. The Sim can sing songs they've written, both on those instruments and through the Sing Song menu.
- Level 9 - Written songs can now be Licensed by clicking the mailbox.
- Level 10 - Better likelihood of a good outcome when using the Karaoke Machine (ie a better Moodlet) and a better voice.
Serenading a Sim for Romance
The Serenade interaction provides powerful romantic boosts. A microphone isn't necessary to do this. Serenade is a very powerful ability as it gives a +2 8 hour flirty moodlet! It is likely a good idea to set a Sim up to accept this first, by using some friendly and romantic interactions. If they accept, you're set the tone for romance and have a much better success rate with riskier romantic interactions. Click here for a guide to romance in The Sims 4.
Making Money by Writing Songs
Sims can level both singing and guitar/piano at the same time, so long as they are level 3 in those instruments.
Writing songs unlocks at level 8 and licensing them is level 9. Singing is another way to earn money from music in The Sims 4, and in combination with the other instruments is viable as a self-employment career. However, it is one that requires substantially more work due to the effort required to master the instruments.
It takes 12 full hours to write a song, though you can resume writing one if necessary. Licensed songs generate income for 7 full days, and can range from $200 to $800 per day. Income is distributed daily at 10AM. You can have one song of each type - microphone, guitar, and piano counting only City Living and the Sims 4 base game. Songs written for lyrics on the guitar count as 'microphone'. You can then write a song that is instrumental for the two other instruments. Writing 3 songs a week, you could earn between $600-2000+ per day in royalties, but you'd need to continually produce more music for it to stay viable as a career choice. Expect to spend 36 hours per week writing music if you go this route.
Acting | Archaeology | Baking | Charisma | Comedy | Cooking | Dancing | DJ Mixing | Fishing | Fitness | Flower Arranging | Gardening | Gourmet Cooking | Guitar | Handiness | Herbalism | Logic | Media Production | Mischief | Mixology | Painting | Parenting | Photography | Piano | Programming | Rocket Science | Singing | Vampire Lore | Veterinarian | Video Gaming | Violin | Wellness | Writing
Check Out My Youtube Channel!
We now have a Youtube Channel with over 50 guides in video format to go along with the huge site I've already created. Check it out and consider subscribing if you like my style.
This policy contains information about your privacy. By posting, you are declaring that you understand this policy:
- Your name, rating, website address, town, country, state and comment will be publicly displayed if entered.
- Aside from the data entered into these form fields, other stored data about your comment will include:
- Your IP address (not displayed)
- The time/date of your submission (displayed)
- Your email address will not be shared. It is collected for only two reasons:
- Administrative purposes, should a need to contact you arise.
- To inform you of new comments, should you subscribe to receive notifications.
- A cookie may be set on your computer. This is used to remember your inputs. It will expire by itself.
This policy is subject to change at any time and without notice.
You could get a sim to play guitar and another sim to sing but I don't know how good that would sound as basically they are unrelated and just doing different tasks. It would look good for screenshots etc but it would be 'pretend' or 'staged' game play rather than actual game play.
Also delete the localthumbcach.package file from your TheSims4 folder as that can help to clear out glitches.
Link to an open bug report on this issue.
Bug Report Link
Clicking on your sim will always start writing a new song etc so that is why it is best to stop your sim and check early on if there is sheet music in the inventory.
Realm of Magic
The Sims 4 Realm of Magic comes September 10 for PC/Mac and releases October 15 for Xbox One and Playstation 4. See my Video Guide to Features in Realm of Magic. We've compiled information on upcoming features from developer tweets and used the trailer to try to share everything we know.
NEW - Here is the Text Guide to Realm of Magic.
The Sims 4 Moschino Stuff Review
New: The Sims 4 Moschino Stuff Review - My thoughts on the photography improvements, fashion photographer, and build buy additions in The Sims 4 Moschino Stuff which is available today for PC/Mac.
The Sims 4 Moschino Stuff Pack is available by 12:30-1PM EST for PC/Mac and September 3 for Xbox One and Playstation 4. Click to learn about the new pack, freelance photography and the new clothing. You can also see my announcement video and the game's trailer within that upload.
Search the Site
New Videos and Guides
Armageddon Mod (Mod/CC Reviews).
Latest in The New How To Section : Learn How to Write Songs and Make Money with Music in The Sims 4. Also, How to Get Abducted by Aliens. We have a guide for using Pregnancy Cheats, Get a Job, Adopting a Kid and How to Cheat.
Alien Abduction: I made a Video Guide to Alien Abductions, Alien Babies in The Sims 4 Get to Work.
New How To Section : The new How To's section is updated with How to Get Abducted by Aliens. You can also learn how to use Pregnancy Cheats, Get a Job, Adopting a Kid and How to Cheat. It's meant to help newcomers or those with specific problems and will be greatly expanded over coming months.
We now have a Videos page, where I'll list every submission to our Sims 4 Gameplay Guides Channel. I'm taking feedback seriously, improving recording and sound quality and other issues with my video guides. Let me know what you think and subscribe for more like it. If you comment on the videos page with a request I may bump it higher on my to do list (no promises though!). Here is a listing of all videos released to date, in order of release:
Sims 4 February Patch Summary
Get Famous: Celestial Crystal Crown
Visit My Channel to Subscribe!
Get Famous First Impressions
First Person Mode (Sims 4 Update)
Get Famous Acting Livestream
Livestream Summary (Latest Patch News)
Patch News: COMING SOON
The Sims 4 Get Famous Expansion
Archaeology Guide (Jungle Adventure)
Jungle Adventure Gameplay
Nerd Brain and Computer Whiz
Spa Day Review and Gameplay Guide
The Sims 4 Whims & How to Use Them
Ambrosia Ingredients and Raising the Dead
The Sims 4: Making a Super Sim
The Sims 4 Careers (Improved)
Seasons Holiday Decorations Guide
Cool Kitchen Stuff
How to Woohoo & Try for Baby
Playing a Moocher
Sims 4 Writing Skill
Father Winter's Baby
Flower Shop Seasons/Get to Work Retail