New features in the Sims 4 Patch
The Sims 4 Eco Lifestyle Guide
Eco Footprint: How it Works
Neighborhood Action Plans
How to Cheat in Sims 4 Eco Lifestyle
Traits and Aspirations in DLC
Gameplay Ideas for Sims 4 Eco Lifestyle
The Sims 4 Hidden Area:
Finding Forgotten Grotto
There are two hidden areas included in The Sims 4, one in each World - The Forgotten Grotto in Oasis Springs, and Sylvan Glade in Willow Creek. Forgotten Grotto is accessible only to Sims that have level 10 Handiness skill. Once you've unlocked these areas, you can easily return to them at any time without having to go through all those steps - just travel to the neighborhood and head right in!
Here is a video walkthrough for Finding Forgotten Grotto. Watch it here or follow the link to subscribe to our channel for content notifications.
Where to find the Forgotten Grotto in Oasis Springs
Hidden Area: Forgotten Grotto
This area has two entrances, both of which are in Oasis Springs. For the purposes of the Guide, I'll use the one found in Desert Bloom Park. Look to the screenshot above to see the mine entrance, which is far back behind the park. The second is down the cliff behind the Landgraab Mansion. Both entrances require Level 10 Handiness.
This Cave Requires Level 10 Handiness to Open
Once you've got the door down, you can select the Wide Path, Climb Ladder, Step onto Ledge, Travel to Grotto. You get as many tries as you like at this, so you don't have to memorize the four steps.
Click to Enlarge. The Forgotten Grotto is one beautiful area!
Catching a Batfish by Fishing in The Forgotten Grotto
This is the only place you can find the Batfish. I caught one, without bait, at the first fishing spot on the right upon entering the cave. I also caught several Health Potions in the process.
Check Out My Youtube Channel!
We now have a Youtube Channel with over 50 guides in video format to go along with the huge site I've already created. Check it out and consider subscribing if you like my style.
This is true of all neighborhoods... any lot will allow access to the entire local neighborhood.
List of all townies and Neighborhood Maps
Have you checked out the cave behind Affluista Mansion? I’m wondering what the answer are.
This cave is another entrance to the Forgotten Grotto. Again, your Sim will need handiness Level 10 to open it but once opened it will remain open to your entire Sims household.
New Patch & Eco Lifestyle Guides
Search my Sims 4 Site
Super Sim Checklist + Other News
This is inspired by a new series in which I start at toddler and gradually take on the major bonuses. Here's a link to the full playlist!
I now have a guide page to Tiny Living Stuff where you can learn about Murphy Beds, the new death, as well as the lot bonuses you'll receive if you manage to keep the size of your lot down with this new pack's Tiny Home Lot Type.
Let's Play Playlist
New I now have a guide to Making Super Sims in The Sims 4. Look for a text version within the next 72h. It won't have THAT much more info but it will help out as a checklist.
This was inspired by a series, "Let's Play a Super Sim" in which I start at toddler and gradually take on the major bonuses. Here's a link to each part for people who are interested. You can also see the Let's Play as a Playlist on Youtube.
Latest Videos and Guides
- Sims 4 Ultimate Gameplay Tips Video
- Lot Traits Updated for all DLC
- 10 Objects that Add Gameplay to The Sims 4
- 10+ Mods That Add or Improve Gameplay in The Sims 4
- Spells List Updated & Info on Charge
- Around the World of Glimmerbrook
- Sims 4 Realm of Magic is Available Now. Here’s My Opinion On the Pack
- The Sims 4 Realm of Magic Features Deep-Dive
- Tutorial: Using The Sims 4’s New Stair Customization Tool
Discover University Expansion
The Sims 4 Discover University has been announced for November 15 for PC/Mac and December 17 for Xbox and Playstation 4 consoles. Click to learn more about the pack, see my summary of the livestream or read our FAQs below.
- New Career Law Career
- New Video Discover University Review
- New Video The Sims 4 Discover University Super Student
- New Engineering Career - Mechanical or Computer
- NEW Student Organizations (University Groups)
- Gameplay Features Guide (Robotics, Secret Society) Video
- Updated! Discover University Cheats
- Updated: Degrees Guide now also features a Scholarships List
- Discover University Features Guide
- Education Career - Professor or Administrator?
- Research and Debate Skill - Convince Others & Debate Guild
- Robotics and Cybernetics
- The Secret Society of Britechester
More videos coming soon!