- New Aspirations in Realm of Magic: Purveyor of Potions and Spellcraft and Sorcery
- Curses Guide
- Realm of Magic Review Video
- Realm of Magic Tips Video
- Magical Bloodline and Caster Offspring
- Realm of Magic Guide
- Realm of Magic Cheats
- Spellcasters in Realm of Magic
- Spellcaster Perks
- Spells List, Casting & Effects
- Spells List Updated & Info on Charge
- Around the World of Glimmerbrook
- Sims 4 Realm of Magic is Available Now. Here’s My Opinion On the Pack
- The Sims 4 Realm of Magic Features Deep-Dive
- Tutorial: Using The Sims 4’s New Stair Customization Tool
- New Staircase Tool – Sims 4 Maxis Monthly Livestream Recap
The Sims 4 Trait Cheats
Personality and Reward Trait Codes
Trait Cheats can let you equip dozens of abilities to your Sims, increasing skill gains and unlocking unique behaviors.
The Sims 4 features many Traits beyond those found in Create-a-Sim. Traits often provide bonuses or penalties of some sort, and it may be desirable to remove them. Here is a list of all traits in The Sims 4 and the codes you need to equip them. Although you probably found this page there, my site does feature an extensive list of Cheats in The Sims 4 if you would like to learn more.
How to Cheat
The cheats console is visible. You can equip and remove traits very easily.
In order to cheat traits, you must first bring up the console by pressing Control + Shift + C. Do it all in one fluid motion with your keyboard. Playstation and Xbox players can do this by pressing all four shoulder buttons simultaneously.
Once the console (a white box in the upper left corner) is open, you can now type in commands. Use traits.equip_trait TraitName to add a trait to your Sim, or traits.remove_trait TraitName to remove them. Note that if you have trouble getting one to work you can attempt to put trait_ before it, such as traits.equip_trait trait_DogLover.
Create-a-Sim Personality and Bonus Traits
Personality-style traits can be equipped like this, but you're also able to go into Create-a-Sim with the cas.fulleditmode cheat (use testingcheats on first). Doing this lets you remove them, though sometimes modifying traits can cause issues. Always backup saves before doing a lot of cheating.
I would type traits.equip_trait bookworm to get the Bookworm Trait. Included in the list are the bonus traits you get for selecting a category. Children do not get bonus traits, so none exist for their aspirations.
- Alluring - for selecting a Love Aspiration
- Business_Savvy - for selecting a Fortune Aspiration
- CatLover - from The Sims 4 Cats and Dogs Expansion
- ChildofTheOcean - Child of the Ocean from The Sims 4 Island Living
- Collector - for selecting a Nature Aspiration
- CommitmentIssues - this is the Noncommittal Trait
- DanceMachine - from The Sims 4 Get Together Expansion
- Dastardly - for selecting a Deviance Aspiration
- DogLover - from The Sims 4 Cats and Dogs Expansion
- EssenceOfFlavor - for selecting a Food Aspiration
- FamilySim - is Domestic for selecting a Family Aspiration
- Gregarious - for selecting a Popularity Aspiration
- High_Metabolism - for selecting an Athletic Aspiration
- HomeTurf - for selecting a Location Aspiration
- Insane - this is the Erratic Trait
- Insider - from The Sims 4 Get Together Expansion
- IslandAncestors - Child of the Islands from The Sims 4 Island Living
- Muser - for selecting a Creativity Aspiration
- Paranoid - from The Sims 4 StrangerVille Game Pack
- Quick_Learner - for selecting a Knowledge Aspiration
- SelfAbsorbed - from The Sims 4 Get Famous Expansion
- Squeamish - from The Sims 4 Outdoor Retreat Game Pack
- Unflirty - from The Sims 4 City Living Expansion
- Vegetarian - from The Sims 4 City Living Expansion
Reward Store Traits
You can also cheat reward traits, exactly the same way. Equipping these will give you the bonuses just as if you had bought them with satisfaction points from the rewards store. Click here to learn what all the reward traits will do for your Sims.
- BurningMan - this is HeatProof from Seasons
- ColdAcclimation - from The Sims 4 Seasons Expansion Pack
- GreatStoryteller - from The Sims 4 Outdoor Retreat
- HeatAcclimation - from The Sims 4 Seasons
- IceMan - this is Iceproof from Seasons
- IncrediblyFriendly - from The Sims 4 Outdoor Retreat
- Memorable - this Trait was removed but is still in the game code
- MorningPerson - this is the Morning Sim Trait
- StormChaser - from The Sims 4 Seasons
- StovesandGrillsMaster - from The Sims 4 Outdoor Retreat
- Waterproof - from The Sims 4 Seasons
Aspiration Reward Traits
Sims gain reward traits from completing Aspirations, which tend to relate to that Aspiration's theme. For example Angling Ace gives Fisherman's Tranquility, soothing negative moods while your Sim is fishing. Since these are all tied to an Aspiration, I'm also listing the name of the aspiration next to it. Click here for a full list of Aspirations in The Sims 4.
- AnglersTranquility - Angling Ace Aspiration
- Appraiser - The Curator Aspiration
- Bane - is Tormentor from Chief of Mischief Aspiration
- Chronicler - is Professorial from Renaissance Sim Aspiration
- ClubPresident - is NaturalLeader from Leader of the Pack Aspiration (Get Together EP)
- EpicPoet - is Poetic from Bestselling Author Aspiration
- EternalBond - is Companion from Soulmate Aspiration
- Expressionistic - Painter Extraordinaire Aspiration
- FreshChef - Master Chef Aspiration
- HeroOfStrangerVille - StrangerVille Mystery Aspiration (StrangerVille GP)
- Hilarious - Joke Star Aspiration
- InTheKnow - City Native Aspiration (City Living EP)
- Legendary - is Beloved from Friend of the World Aspiration
- LivingVicariously - is Vicarious from Successful Lineage Aspiration
- Longevity - is Long Lived from Bodybuilder Aspiration
- Mastermind - Public Enemy Aspiration
- MeltMaster - Grilled Cheese Hidden Aspiration
- OneWithNature - is Naturalist from Freelance Botanist Aspiration
- PaMatriarch - is Patriarch/Matriarch from Big Happy Family Aspiration
- PerfectHost - Party Animal Aspiration
- Piper - Musical Genius Aspiration
- Player - Serial Romantic Aspiration
- PotionMaster - Master Mixologist Aspiration
- RegainedHumanity - Good Vampire Aspiration (Vampires Game Pack)
- SuperParent_RoleModel - is RoleModel from Super Parent Aspiration (Parenthood Game Pack)
- Invested - is Shrewd from Fabulously Wealthy Aspiration
- Survivalist - Outdoor Enthusiast Aspiration (Outdoor Retreat Game Pack)
- TheMaster - is I am The Master from Vampire Family Aspiration (Vampires GP)
- TheKnack - is Handy from Nerd Brain Aspiration
- ValuedCustomer - is Thrifty from Mansion Baron Aspiration
- TrueMaster - is A True Master from Master Vampire Aspiration (Vampires GP)
- UnstoppableFame - World Famous Celebrity Aspiration (Get Famous Expansion)
- Webmaster - Computer Whiz Aspiration
- WorldRenownedActor - Master Actress Aspiration (Get Famous EP)
Children have their own Aspirations. Completing them during this phase of life gives them a life-long benefit. Each of the four Children's Reward Traits gives a boost to one category of Adult Skills. Social would benefit telling jokes or charisma, while mental would impact gardening, logic, or the fishing skill.
- CreativelyGifted - Artistic Prodigy Children's Aspiration
- MentallyGifted - Whiz Kid Children's Aspiration
- PhysicallyGifted - Rambunctious Scamp Children's Aspiration
- ScoutingAptitude - For Finishing Scouts as Child or Teen (Seasons EP)
- SociallyGifted - Social Butterfly Children's Aspiration
Parenthood Character Value Traits
The Sims 4 Parenthood includes a Character Values system, which either gives good or bad results in each of the categories of parenting. The following are the traits that you can only get if you raise a child or teen and instruct or neglect them. Sims made as adults don't have these traits.
- Lifeskills_Unfeeling - Insensitive
StrangerVille Infection Traits
The Sims 4 StrangerVille has an infection system in play, and you can also develop a vaccine. Sims can be mind controlled if they have been infected - use traits.equip_trait strangerville_vaccinated to vaccinate them, or traits.equip_trait strangerville_infected to infect them.
A lot of things in The Sims 4 are controlled via Traits and Buffs (Moodlets). This includes a Sim's age. This is how they are referenced as far as what activities they are allowed or not allowed to do. If you do cheat a Sim's age, it may be wise to change their age via traits.equip_trait baby, toddler, child, teen, youngadult, adult, or elder to make sure they have the right one. Since these are hidden I can't know if the traits make it to the Sim when you change their age via Create-a-Sim.
Island Living Career Reward Traits
Island Living features two unique traits that are rewards for the Conservationist Career. Marine Biologist gets the Master of the Sea reward and Environmental Manager gets Natural Speaker. Here are the two codes:
- FriendOfTheSea - Master of the Sea (Marine Biologist)
- NaturalSpeaker - Natural Speaker (Environmental Manager)
This policy contains information about your privacy. By posting, you are declaring that you understand this policy:
- Your name, rating, website address, town, country, state and comment will be publicly displayed if entered.
- Aside from the data entered into these form fields, other stored data about your comment will include:
- Your IP address (not displayed)
- The time/date of your submission (displayed)
- Your email address will not be shared. It is collected for only two reasons:
- Administrative purposes, should a need to contact you arise.
- To inform you of new comments, should you subscribe to receive notifications.
- A cookie may be set on your computer. This is used to remember your inputs. It will expire by itself.
This policy is subject to change at any time and without notice.
I can't seem to remove the Immortal trait you get from drinking a potion created by a spellcaster. Anyone know the code for that one?
Realm of Magic
The Sims 4 Realm of Magic comes September 10 for PC/Mac and releases October 15 for Xbox One and Playstation 4. See my Video Guide to Features in Realm of Magic. We've compiled information on upcoming features from developer tweets and used the trailer to try to share everything we know.
NEW - Here is the Text Guide to Realm of Magic.
The Sims 4 Moschino Stuff Review
New: The Sims 4 Moschino Stuff Review - My thoughts on the photography improvements, fashion photographer, and build buy additions in The Sims 4 Moschino Stuff which is available today for PC/Mac.
The Sims 4 Moschino Stuff Pack is available by 12:30-1PM EST for PC/Mac and September 3 for Xbox One and Playstation 4. Click to learn about the new pack, freelance photography and the new clothing. You can also see my announcement video and the game's trailer within that upload.
Search the Site
- Realm of Magic Game Pack
- Island Living Expansion
- Island Living Cheats
- Clean up Sulani
- Get Famous
- Careers and Top Jobs
- Skill Guides
- Get to Work
- Get Together
- City Living
- Cats and Dogs
- Style Influencer
- Terrain Tools
New Videos and Guides
Armageddon Mod (Mod/CC Reviews).
Latest in The New How To Section : Learn How to Write Songs and Make Money with Music in The Sims 4. Also, How to Get Abducted by Aliens. We have a guide for using Pregnancy Cheats, Get a Job, Adopting a Kid and How to Cheat.
Alien Abduction: I made a Video Guide to Alien Abductions, Alien Babies in The Sims 4 Get to Work.
New How To Section : The new How To's section is updated with How to Get Abducted by Aliens. You can also learn how to use Pregnancy Cheats, Get a Job, Adopting a Kid and How to Cheat. It's meant to help newcomers or those with specific problems and will be greatly expanded over coming months.
We now have a Videos page, where I'll list every submission to our Sims 4 Gameplay Guides Channel. I'm taking feedback seriously, improving recording and sound quality and other issues with my video guides. Let me know what you think and subscribe for more like it. If you comment on the videos page with a request I may bump it higher on my to do list (no promises though!). Here is a listing of all videos released to date, in order of release:
Sims 4 February Patch Summary
Get Famous: Celestial Crystal Crown
Visit My Channel to Subscribe!
Get Famous First Impressions
First Person Mode (Sims 4 Update)
Get Famous Acting Livestream
Livestream Summary (Latest Patch News)
Patch News: COMING SOON
The Sims 4 Get Famous Expansion
Archaeology Guide (Jungle Adventure)
Jungle Adventure Gameplay
Nerd Brain and Computer Whiz
Spa Day Review and Gameplay Guide
The Sims 4 Whims & How to Use Them
Ambrosia Ingredients and Raising the Dead
The Sims 4: Making a Super Sim
The Sims 4 Careers (Improved)
Seasons Holiday Decorations Guide
Cool Kitchen Stuff
How to Woohoo & Try for Baby
Playing a Moocher
Sims 4 Writing Skill
Father Winter's Baby
Flower Shop Seasons/Get to Work Retail