The Sims 4 Trait Cheats
Personality and Reward Trait Codes
Trait Cheats can let you equip dozens of abilities to your Sims, increasing skill gains and unlocking unique behaviors.
The Sims 4 features many Traits beyond those found in Create-a-Sim. Traits often provide bonuses or penalties of some sort, and it may be desirable to remove them. Here is a list of all traits in The Sims 4 and the codes you need to equip them. Although you probably found this page there, my site does feature an extensive list of Cheats in The Sims 4 if you would like to learn more.
How to Cheat
The cheats console is visible. You can equip and remove traits very easily.
In order to cheat traits, you must first bring up the console by pressing Control + Shift + C. Do it all in one fluid motion with your keyboard. Playstation and Xbox players can do this by pressing all four shoulder buttons simultaneously.
Once the console (a white box in the upper left corner) is open, you can now type in commands. Use traits.equip_trait TraitName to add a trait to your Sim, or traits.remove_trait TraitName to remove them. Note that if you have trouble getting one to work you can attempt to put trait_ before it, such as traits.equip_trait trait_DogLover.
Create-a-Sim Personality and Bonus Traits
Personality-style traits can be equipped like this, but you're also able to go into Create-a-Sim with the cas.fulleditmode cheat (use testingcheats on first). Doing this lets you remove them, though sometimes modifying traits can cause issues. Always backup saves before doing a lot of cheating.
I would type traits.equip_trait bookworm to get the Bookworm Trait. Included in the list are the bonus traits you get for selecting a category. Children do not get bonus traits, so none exist for their aspirations.
IMPORTANT - Shorthand - for many of the BG traits, it's sufficient to use traits.equip_trait active for example without the trait_ but the trait_ portion makes it more accurate for various regions and packs. Try it with or without if it does not work for you for some reason.
- Trait_Alluring - for selecting a Love Aspiration
- Trait_Business_Savvy - for selecting a Fortune Aspiration
- Trait_CatLover - from The Sims 4 Cats and Dogs Expansion
- Trait_ChildofTheOcean - Child of the Ocean from The Sims 4 Island Living
- Trait_Collector - for selecting a Nature Aspiration
- Trait_CommitmentIssues - this is the Noncommittal Trait
- Trait_DanceMachine - from The Sims 4 Get Together Expansion
- Trait_Dastardly - for selecting a Deviance Aspiration
- Trait_DogLover - from The Sims 4 Cats and Dogs Expansion
- Trait_EssenceOfFlavor - for selecting a Food Aspiration
- Trait_FamilySim - is Domestic for selecting a Family Aspiration
- Trait_Freegan - Eco Lifestyle Expansion Pack
- Trait_GreenFiend - Eco Lifestyle
- Trait_Gregarious - for selecting a Popularity Aspiration
- Trait_High_Metabolism - for selecting an Athletic Aspiration
- Trait_HomeTurf - for selecting a Location Aspiration
- Trait_Insane - this is the Erratic Trait
- Trait_Insider - from The Sims 4 Get Together Expansion
- Trait_IslandAncestors - Child of the Islands from The Sims 4 Island Living
- Trait_Maker - Eco Lifestyle
- Trait_Muser - for selecting a Creativity Aspiration
- Trait_Paranoid - from The Sims 4 StrangerVille Game Pack
- Trait_Quick_Learner - for selecting a Knowledge Aspiration
- Trait_RecycleDisciple - Eco Lifestyle
- Trait_SelfAbsorbed - from The Sims 4 Get Famous Expansion
- Trait_Squeamish - from The Sims 4 Outdoor Retreat Game Pack
- Trait_Unflirty - from The Sims 4 City Living Expansion
- Trait_Vegetarian - from The Sims 4 City Living Expansion
Reward Store Traits
You can also cheat reward traits, exactly the same way. Equipping these will give you the bonuses just as if you had bought them with satisfaction points from the rewards store. Click here to learn what all the reward traits will do for your Sims.
- Trait_BurningMan - this is HeatProof from Seasons
- Trait_ColdAcclimation - from The Sims 4 Seasons Expansion Pack
- Trait_GreatStoryteller - from The Sims 4 Outdoor Retreat
- Trait_HeatAcclimation - from The Sims 4 Seasons
- Trait_IceMan - this is Iceproof from Seasons
- Trait_IncrediblyFriendly - from The Sims 4 Outdoor Retreat
- Trait_Memorable - this Trait was removed but is still in the game code
- Trait_MorningPerson - this is the Morning Sim Trait
- Trait_StormChaser - from The Sims 4 Seasons
- Trait_StovesandGrillsMaster - from The Sims 4 Outdoor Retreat
- Trait_Waterproof - from The Sims 4 Seasons
Aspiration Reward Traits
Sims gain reward traits from completing Aspirations, which tend to relate to that Aspiration's theme. For example Angling Ace gives Fisherman's Tranquility, soothing negative moods while your Sim is fishing. Since these are all tied to an Aspiration, I'm also listing the name of the aspiration next to it. Click here for a full list of Aspirations in The Sims 4.
10 Million Views! My YouTube channel has grown a lot the last 6 months. I now have over 125 videos on Youtube and am nearing 100k subscribers. I'd like to invite people to check out my content and, if you like what I'm doing, subscribe!
Children have their own Aspirations. Completing them during this phase of life gives them a life-long benefit. Each of the four Children's Reward Traits gives a boost to one category of Adult Skills. Social would benefit telling jokes or charisma, while mental would impact gardening, logic, or the fishing skill.
- Trait_CreativelyGifted - Artistic Prodigy Children's Aspiration
- Trait_MentallyGifted - Whiz Kid Children's Aspiration
- Trait_PhysicallyGifted - Rambunctious Scamp Children's Aspiration
- Trait_ScoutingAptitude - For Finishing Scouts as Child or Teen (Seasons EP)
- Trait_SociallyGifted - Social Butterfly Children's Aspiration
Parenthood Character Value Traits
The Sims 4 Parenthood includes a Character Values system, which either gives good or bad results in each of the categories of parenting. The following are the traits that you can only get if you raise a child or teen and instruct or neglect them. Sims made as adults don't have these traits.
- Trait_Lifeskills_Unfeeling - Insensitive
StrangerVille Infection Traits
The Sims 4 StrangerVille has an infection system in play, and you can also develop a vaccine. Sims can be mind controlled if they have been infected - use traits.equip_trait strangerville_vaccinated to vaccinate them, or traits.equip_trait strangerville_infected to infect them.
Career Rewards (Eco Lifestyle)
The Eco Lifestyle Expansion for The Sims 4 adds a couple new reward traits you can only get at the top of a career. It features one Civic Designer career, and which of its two branches you choose determines which reward you'll get at rank 10. But you're a cheater, so you can have both!
- Traits.Equip_Trait Trait_ChampionOfThePeople- Civil Designer Career Reward
- Traits.Equip_Trait Trait_EcoEngineer - Green Technician Career Reward
A lot of things in The Sims 4 are controlled via Traits and Buffs (Moodlets). This includes a Sim's age. This is how they are referenced as far as what activities they are allowed or not allowed to do. If you do cheat a Sim's age, it may be wise to change their age via traits.equip_trait baby, toddler, child, teen, youngadult, adult, or elder to make sure they have the right one. Since these are hidden I can't know if the traits make it to the Sim when you change their age via Create-a-Sim.
Island Living Career Reward Traits
Island Living features two unique traits that are rewards for the Conservationist Career. Marine Biologist gets the Master of the Sea reward and Environmental Manager gets Natural Speaker. Here are the two codes:
- Trait_FriendOfTheSea - Master of the Sea (Marine Biologist)
- Trait_NaturalSpeaker - Natural Speaker (Environmental Manager)
How You Can Support The Site and Channel
If you like my sites and Youtube Channel
, consider supporting me on Patreon
to help me to continue.
Back to The Top
Back to Top