I've started a series, "Let's Play a Super Sim" in which I start at toddler and gradually take on the major bonuses. Here's a link to each part for people who are interested. You can also see the Let's Play as a Playlist on Youtube.
The Sims 4 Perfect Patio Stuff
Hot Tubs and other Stuff Pack Features
The Perfect Patio Stuff Pack gives players the ability to use Hot Tubs in The Sims 4
The Sims 4 Perfect Patio Stuff allows more options for outdoor decoration, while also introducing hot tubs to the game. These are something most players expected in the base game, however it is good that this stuff pack does not start at $20 but rather half that. The content here is not quite as huge as that offered in the first stuff pack, Luxury Party, but does indeed compete with past offerings in terms of objects and clothing. Here's what's in it.
Sims can Woohoo in Hot Tubs and also upgrade them with the Handiness Skill
Hot Tubs return in this stuff pack, though it's unclear as of now if they will be introduced to the game through other routes. For now it's the only way to have them in the game. Hot Tubs provide the perfect route for socializing when multiple Sims get in together, while also gradually replenishing the Hygiene need. Sims can be shoo'd from the hot tub if they're unwanted there. You can, as expected, Woohoo in the Hot Tub for a Flirty +2 Moodlet (typical Woohoo result), and Sims can 'skinny dip' together (and alone if that's their thing). There are three hot tub upgrades available if your Sim has the required Handiness Skill:
- Add Aromatherapy Filter (Level 3) - Use one of four oils in the Hot Tub to help alleviate Sims' negative moodlets, while providing positive ones. See below.
- Add Stereo (Level 5) - Adds a stereo to the Hot Tub, which you can find the option to listen to under the Stereo menu when you click it, but only while inside.
- Make Unbreakable (Level 8) - Prevents the hot tub from breaking down. Essential if it will be used regularly, and prevents the fun being cut off during parties.
Hot Tub Aromatherapy
Aromatherapy can be used if your Sim has upgraded the Hot Tub. These give the following bonuses, and all are free to use once it's upgraded. The effects last 2-4 hours after leaving the hot tub (depending how long you stay) and the oils themselves will stay in effect for users of the hot tub until they're removed or changed.
- Jasmine Oil - Provides a +2 Happy buff, while also helping to remove sad buffs.
- Lemon Oil - Helps removed stressed buffs and provides a +2 Energized moodlet.
- Peppermint Oil - Provides a +2 Playful buff, while helping to remove uncomfortable buffs.
- Sage Oil - Gives Sims a +2 Focused buff, while helping to alleviate boredom.
Build Mode Objects
5 Million Views! My YouTube channel has grown a lot the last 6 months. I now have over 100 videos on Youtube and am nearing 50k subscribers. I'd like to invite people to check out my content and, if you like what I'm doing, subscribe!
Click to enlarge. The other, more expensive hot tub and a new type of bar for Mixology. Note the floor stars, which give a +1 environment boost, much like a rug. Good for outdoor decorating to help keep Sims happy, while subtly glowing.
Click to enlarge. The other 'stuff', different outdoor furniture that comes in a variety of colors. The chess pieces are actually floor lamps.
Click to enlarge. More decor and furniture.
Clothing and Hair
Not much here, but they do offer a few good looks for lounging on the patio. Females get a bit more than males. It's possible I missed a thing or two.
Female outfits available in the stuff pack
Misc tops, bottoms, and hairstyles
New Styled Room
This new secluded patio area found under styled rooms features some of the new objects, but could use a bar!
Check Out My Youtube Channel!
We now have a Youtube Channel with over 50 guides in video format to go along with the huge site I've already created. Check it out and consider subscribing if you like my style.
What do do?
Let's get your game working! Try the following:
1. Quit the game.
2. Log out of Origin - *If exiting Origin isn't working, open Task manager (Ctrl-Shift-Esc) search for a file called ts4.exe. Click on it and select end process.
3. Run Cleaner and it's registry cleaner
4. Restart computer, and try downloading again.Ccleaner - https://www.piriform.com/ccleaner/download (Standard Edition is Free)
-- This helps clean up temporary files, internet cache files and other files that are left behind that are no longer being used.How to use CCleaner to fix PC issues
http://help.ea.com/en/article/how-to-use-ccleaner-to-fix-pc-issues/If you don't understand any of this please post in our Technical Support section on the forum where we can help you further than just here in the comments section.
Technical Support TS4
Let's Play a Super Sim!
Latest Videos and Guides
- Sims 4 Ultimate Gameplay Tips Video
- Lot Traits Updated for all DLC
- 10 Objects that Add Gameplay to The Sims 4
- 10+ Mods That Add or Improve Gameplay in The Sims 4
- Spells List Updated & Info on Charge
- Around the World of Glimmerbrook
- Sims 4 Realm of Magic is Available Now. Here’s My Opinion On the Pack
- The Sims 4 Realm of Magic Features Deep-Dive
- Tutorial: Using The Sims 4’s New Stair Customization Tool
Discover University Expansion
The Sims 4 Discover University has been announced for November 15 for PC/Mac and December 17 for Xbox and Playstation 4 consoles. Click to learn more about the pack, see my summary of the livestream or read our FAQs below.
- New Career Law Career
- New Video Discover University Review
- New Video The Sims 4 Discover University Super Student
- New Engineering Career - Mechanical or Computer
- NEW Student Organizations (University Groups)
- Gameplay Features Guide (Robotics, Secret Society) Video
- Updated! Discover University Cheats
- Updated: Degrees Guide now also features a Scholarships List
- Discover University Features Guide
- Education Career - Professor or Administrator?
- Research and Debate Skill - Convince Others & Debate Guild
- Robotics and Cybernetics
- The Secret Society of Britechester
More videos coming soon!
New Patch for November 2019!
Realm of Magic
Search the Site
Sims 4 Packs & DLC
We now have a Videos page, where I'll list every submission to our Sims 4 Gameplay Guides Channel. I'm taking feedback seriously, improving recording and sound quality and other issues with my video guides. Let me know what you think and subscribe for more like it. If you comment on the videos page with a request I may bump it higher on my to do list (no promises though!). Here is a listing of all videos released to date, in order of release:
Sims 4 February Patch Summary
Get Famous: Celestial Crystal Crown
Visit My Channel to Subscribe!
Get Famous First Impressions
First Person Mode (Sims 4 Update)
Get Famous Acting Livestream
Livestream Summary (Latest Patch News)
Patch News: COMING SOON
The Sims 4 Get Famous Expansion
Archaeology Guide (Jungle Adventure)
Jungle Adventure Gameplay
Nerd Brain and Computer Whiz
Spa Day Review and Gameplay Guide
The Sims 4 Whims & How to Use Them
Ambrosia Ingredients and Raising the Dead
The Sims 4: Making a Super Sim
The Sims 4 Careers (Improved)
Seasons Holiday Decorations Guide
Cool Kitchen Stuff
How to Woohoo & Try for Baby
Playing a Moocher
Sims 4 Writing Skill
Father Winter's Baby
Flower Shop Seasons/Get to Work Retail