- New Aspirations in Realm of Magic: Purveyor of Potions and Spellcraft and Sorcery
- Curses Guide
- Realm of Magic Review Video
- Realm of Magic Tips Video
- Magical Bloodline and Caster Offspring
- Realm of Magic Guide
- Realm of Magic Cheats
- Spellcasters in Realm of Magic
- Spellcaster Perks
- Spells List, Casting & Effects
- Spells List Updated & Info on Charge
- Around the World of Glimmerbrook
- Sims 4 Realm of Magic is Available Now. Here’s My Opinion On the Pack
- The Sims 4 Realm of Magic Features Deep-Dive
- Tutorial: Using The Sims 4’s New Stair Customization Tool
- New Staircase Tool – Sims 4 Maxis Monthly Livestream Recap
The Sims 4 Get Famous: Celebrities
How to Become a Star: The Fame and Public Image Systems
A Star is Born. With Get Famous your Sims can become Celebrities.
The Sims 4 Get Famous Expansion Pack releases November 16, 2018 and will allow Sims to gain star power and become a celebrity. In this guide, we'll learn about the fame and public opinion features and how they impact gameplay. The fame system can have wide-reaching consequences depending on the perks you select, because boosts derived from fame can improve moods, relationships with other Sims, give exclusive perks, and provide bonus money for Sims crafting objects like paintings. The experience will differ slightly if a Sim is viewed positively or negatively by the public. This system is separate from the Actor career - fame is its own system, though naturally being an Actor is going to help in your quest for stardom.
Disable or Freeze Fame
For players who want the additions of this pack but may tire of the fame system, there is absolutely an option for you to disable it and freeze everyone's fame at its current level. This can be done on individual Sims using cheats: Control + Shift + C, testingcheats on shift-clicking a Sim and using the Public Image menu. It stops Sims gaining or losing any fame.
Becoming a Celebrity: Earning Fame Points
Fans go wild seeing a Celebrity in The Sims 4 Get Famous Expansion Pack
While the obvious activities like completing a commercial, film or TV spot will grant Sims a small amount of fame, it can also be acquired in numerous other ways. Nearly every skill and career has something associated with it, or at least a required skill that can be used to Get Famous. Interactions that contribute fame points will be marked with a star icon on the menu, though this doesn't tell the whole story.
The amounts of fame you gain from different activities varies wildly. It takes hundreds of points to gain the higher fame levels, so simply standing there posing for pictures won't do. Completing large tasks, like finishing a book or filming a movie are more likely to give large amounts of fame than low-ranking tasks. The earlier tasks are fantastic for getting you started, but you will need the more potent gains to truly make it to five-star celebrity in a Sim lifetime. I wanted to clear this up, because the game simply shows a +star symbol and the player is in the dark about just how much they gained, given the lack of progress meters (like we have which skills, which when hovered will show a percentage to next level).
Sims becoming famous range in fame from one to five star celebrities. As star rank increases, new abilities unlock in the form of Fame Perks. Fame can be lost. When you gain no fame for a time, fame begins to decay. If you go long enough without gaining any fame, you will lose a rank, lose access to the fame perks in that tier, but points you may have spent on those inaccessible high ranking perks will be refunded to you if applicable. You never lose Perk Points, you don't regain them if you rank back up. You just may find yourself with no way to spend those points if you got to a high rank and drop all the way back down, because all perks would be locked.
While perk points are a great way to progress, ranks in fame also unlock new abilities!
- Rank 1: Notable Newcomer - Unlock one Fame Perk and have a chance to develop one Fame Quirk
- Rank 2: Rising Star - Access two more Fame Perks. You can now sign autographs (directly accessible on Sims you haven't met, found under friendly for those you have). Sims may reject your autograph. Pose for pictures is available by clicking on your Sim. This is a good way to gain a small amount of fame. Additionally, the Celebrity Meet and Greet can be found under the throw a social event menu on the phone. Fans are not required (you can only invite one). Sims will show up to meet your Celebrity.
- Rank 3: B-Lister - You gain two additional Fame Points and "unlock" another Quirk slot. Paparazzi will begin to pursue your Sim in public (occasionally), and your Sim will now have genuine fans. Your Sim can now use the mirror to put on a Celebrity Disguise to go out in private. No Fame can be gained while in a celebrity disguise. Along with the Rank 3 Perks, the first Public Image perks unlock at this level should your reputation be high (or low) enough.
- Rank 4: Proper Celebrity - Two additional Fame Perks are unlocked, but no new Quirks. Your Sim will begin to shine, though you can disable fame shine by clicking your Sim. Your Celebrity now has a unique walk style that can be disabled as well. You can Incite Cheers by clicking your Sim as well, prompting nearby Sims to... well, cheer.
- Rank 5: Global Superstar - Three Fame Perks are unlocked, and two quirks. You've reached the top. Because you made it so far, your Sim's fame decay rate will drop, allowing them to maintain their Celebrity rank. Because of this accomplishment, you can never gain drop below B-Lister (Rank 3).
A Celebrity surrounded by Paparazzi
Being known is great, but are you the Tom Hanks of the Sims world or a Chris Brown? Public Image is a part of your celebrity, which starts at neutral. On the bad side, Sims can be bad, awful, or atrocious, while on the good side they can have a good, great, or pristine reputation for seven possible public image ranks. Devoting your Sim to a particular image direction can allow good or bad actions to accrue fame much faster.
Being infamous or having a good reputation will impact the perks you're able to select, though thankfully only in their specific categories (the majority are available based on star ranking alone). Good Sims may donate items from their home to further maintain their good standing with the public and make a fan very happy, while notorious Sims can host Lampoon parties and may even be cheered on for horrible behavior. You can maintain your image through actions or even ask your agent to run a story about you. Look to the bottom of the fame perks page to see the Positive/Negative reputation perks.
A Celebrity throwing money to show off wealth
Sims who reach B-list status will have paparazzi following them from time to time, but can also don a celebrity disguise so they can go out in public without being harassed. This will only further the need to maintain a good public image. Celebrities are known for their wealth, and plenty can be done with money in this pack. There are extremely expensive items that can be purchased for your home - such as floating sleep pod, but more notably a money vault! Sims can choose to store a sum in the vault and sleep or woohoo in the piles of cash. Strike a pose for a fan to get a photo or sign an autograph for an adoring fan. When your celebrity goes out, people are going to notice.
As you gain fame points, you'll unlock access to star perks. These do a number of things (nearly two dozen are available). Perks have prerequisites (generally the ones below them on the menu) and require your celebrity to be of a certain star level.
Reading the descriptions of the perks, it's clear the early ones cater to certain playstyles. Sims who are taking on the new Media Production skill will want a Corporate Partnership so that their fame increases faster. They'll get access to new interactions/jobs as well with this perk. None of these perks appear to be basic +20% bonuses to skill gains. They all have a number of effects on your Sim, unlocking new interactions with other Sims, the phone, or boosting fame gains from specific activities.
As Celebrities begin to gain fame, they'll gradually accumulate quirks (up to four). Learn all about Fame Quirks in our Guide. These are neither chosen by the player nor assigned randomly, though you may be able to influence them. Quirks are assigned to Sims based upon recent activities and moods. They are not positive boosts, instead affecting behavior. For example a Sim may be a juice enthusiast, lose emotional control when sad or angry, attract more paparazzi, or even get a Stan (a stalker fan).
Latest Get Famous Guides
New - Celestial Crystal Crown Effects and Quirk Removal
New - Fame Quirks
New - Media Production
Fame Perks Guide
Becoming a Star: The Celebrity Fame System Explained
Actor Career in Get Famous
Acting Skill in Get Famous
Get Famous Cheats
Check Out My Youtube Channel!
We now have a Youtube Channel with over 50 guides in video format to go along with the huge site I've already created. Check it out and consider subscribing if you like my style.
This policy contains information about your privacy. By posting, you are declaring that you understand this policy:
- Your name, rating, website address, town, country, state and comment will be publicly displayed if entered.
- Aside from the data entered into these form fields, other stored data about your comment will include:
- Your IP address (not displayed)
- The time/date of your submission (displayed)
- Your email address will not be shared. It is collected for only two reasons:
- Administrative purposes, should a need to contact you arise.
- To inform you of new comments, should you subscribe to receive notifications.
- A cookie may be set on your computer. This is used to remember your inputs. It will expire by itself.
This policy is subject to change at any time and without notice.
Astronaut carreer have not provided any Fame yet - but rocketship do provide a steady Fame income...
Have not got any Quirks yet, despite drinking like horse (yup, looking towards juice addiction quirk). I even assembled drunkards-only club, gained hella lot of club points by getting stoned - still no quirk.
Managed to receive 1+ level of Positive image from only being molested... ahem... MOTIVATED by local gym's trainer a few times in a row. I. e. some actions may provide background Image gains/losses.
Realm of Magic
The Sims 4 Realm of Magic comes September 10 for PC/Mac and releases October 15 for Xbox One and Playstation 4. See my Video Guide to Features in Realm of Magic. We've compiled information on upcoming features from developer tweets and used the trailer to try to share everything we know.
NEW - Here is the Text Guide to Realm of Magic.
The Sims 4 Moschino Stuff Review
New: The Sims 4 Moschino Stuff Review - My thoughts on the photography improvements, fashion photographer, and build buy additions in The Sims 4 Moschino Stuff which is available today for PC/Mac.
The Sims 4 Moschino Stuff Pack is available by 12:30-1PM EST for PC/Mac and September 3 for Xbox One and Playstation 4. Click to learn about the new pack, freelance photography and the new clothing. You can also see my announcement video and the game's trailer within that upload.
Search the Site
Sims 4 Packs & DLC
New Videos and Guides
Armageddon Mod (Mod/CC Reviews).
Latest in The New How To Section : Learn How to Write Songs and Make Money with Music in The Sims 4. Also, How to Get Abducted by Aliens. We have a guide for using Pregnancy Cheats, Get a Job, Adopting a Kid and How to Cheat.
Alien Abduction: I made a Video Guide to Alien Abductions, Alien Babies in The Sims 4 Get to Work.
New How To Section : The new How To's section is updated with How to Get Abducted by Aliens. You can also learn how to use Pregnancy Cheats, Get a Job, Adopting a Kid and How to Cheat. It's meant to help newcomers or those with specific problems and will be greatly expanded over coming months.
We now have a Videos page, where I'll list every submission to our Sims 4 Gameplay Guides Channel. I'm taking feedback seriously, improving recording and sound quality and other issues with my video guides. Let me know what you think and subscribe for more like it. If you comment on the videos page with a request I may bump it higher on my to do list (no promises though!). Here is a listing of all videos released to date, in order of release:
Sims 4 February Patch Summary
Get Famous: Celestial Crystal Crown
Visit My Channel to Subscribe!
Get Famous First Impressions
First Person Mode (Sims 4 Update)
Get Famous Acting Livestream
Livestream Summary (Latest Patch News)
Patch News: COMING SOON
The Sims 4 Get Famous Expansion
Archaeology Guide (Jungle Adventure)
Jungle Adventure Gameplay
Nerd Brain and Computer Whiz
Spa Day Review and Gameplay Guide
The Sims 4 Whims & How to Use Them
Ambrosia Ingredients and Raising the Dead
The Sims 4: Making a Super Sim
The Sims 4 Careers (Improved)
Seasons Holiday Decorations Guide
Cool Kitchen Stuff
How to Woohoo & Try for Baby
Playing a Moocher
Sims 4 Writing Skill
Father Winter's Baby
Flower Shop Seasons/Get to Work Retail