I've created a massive List of The Best Mods in The Sims 4 that should be very helpful to new players and those who have not yet explored modding and how much it can do for your gameplay.
The Sims 4 Get Famous: Celebrities
How to Become a Star: The Fame and Public Image Systems
A Star is Born. With Get Famous your Sims can become Celebrities.
The Sims 4 Get Famous Expansion Pack releases November 16, 2018 and will allow Sims to gain star power and become a celebrity. In this guide, we'll learn about the fame and public opinion features and how they impact gameplay. The fame system can have wide-reaching consequences depending on the perks you select, because boosts derived from fame can improve moods, relationships with other Sims, give exclusive perks, and provide bonus money for Sims crafting objects like paintings. The experience will differ slightly if a Sim is viewed positively or negatively by the public. This system is separate from the Actor career - fame is its own system, though naturally being an Actor is going to help in your quest for stardom.
Disable or Freeze Fame
For players who want the additions of this pack but may tire of the fame system, there is absolutely an option for you to disable it and freeze everyone's fame at its current level. This can be done on individual Sims using cheats: Control + Shift + C, testingcheats on shift-clicking a Sim and using the Public Image menu. It stops Sims gaining or losing any fame.
Becoming a Celebrity: Earning Fame Points
Fans go wild seeing a Celebrity in The Sims 4 Get Famous Expansion Pack
While the obvious activities like completing a commercial, film or TV spot will grant Sims a small amount of fame, it can also be acquired in numerous other ways. Nearly every skill and career has something associated with it, or at least a required skill that can be used to Get Famous. Interactions that contribute fame points will be marked with a star icon on the menu, though this doesn't tell the whole story.
The amounts of fame you gain from different activities varies wildly. It takes hundreds of points to gain the higher fame levels, so simply standing there posing for pictures won't do. Completing large tasks, like finishing a book or filming a movie are more likely to give large amounts of fame than low-ranking tasks. The earlier tasks are fantastic for getting you started, but you will need the more potent gains to truly make it to five-star celebrity in a Sim lifetime. I wanted to clear this up, because the game simply shows a +star symbol and the player is in the dark about just how much they gained, given the lack of progress meters (like we have which skills, which when hovered will show a percentage to next level).
Sims becoming famous range in fame from one to five star celebrities. As star rank increases, new abilities unlock in the form of Fame Perks. Fame can be lost. When you gain no fame for a time, fame begins to decay. If you go long enough without gaining any fame, you will lose a rank, lose access to the fame perks in that tier, but points you may have spent on those inaccessible high ranking perks will be refunded to you if applicable. You never lose Perk Points, you don't regain them if you rank back up. You just may find yourself with no way to spend those points if you got to a high rank and drop all the way back down, because all perks would be locked.
While perk points are a great way to progress, ranks in fame also unlock new abilities!
- Rank 1: Notable Newcomer - Unlock one Fame Perk and have a chance to develop one Fame Quirk
- Rank 2: Rising Star - Access two more Fame Perks. You can now sign autographs (directly accessible on Sims you haven't met, found under friendly for those you have). Sims may reject your autograph. Pose for pictures is available by clicking on your Sim. This is a good way to gain a small amount of fame. Additionally, the Celebrity Meet and Greet can be found under the throw a social event menu on the phone. Fans are not required (you can only invite one). Sims will show up to meet your Celebrity.
- Rank 3: B-Lister - You gain two additional Fame Points and "unlock" another Quirk slot. Paparazzi will begin to pursue your Sim in public (occasionally), and your Sim will now have genuine fans. Your Sim can now use the mirror to put on a Celebrity Disguise to go out in private. No Fame can be gained while in a celebrity disguise. Along with the Rank 3 Perks, the first Public Image perks unlock at this level should your reputation be high (or low) enough.
- Rank 4: Proper Celebrity - Two additional Fame Perks are unlocked, but no new Quirks. Your Sim will begin to shine, though you can disable fame shine by clicking your Sim. Your Celebrity now has a unique walk style that can be disabled as well. You can Incite Cheers by clicking your Sim as well, prompting nearby Sims to... well, cheer.
- Rank 5: Global Superstar - Three Fame Perks are unlocked, and two quirks. You've reached the top. Because you made it so far, your Sim's fame decay rate will drop, allowing them to maintain their Celebrity rank. Because of this accomplishment, you can never gain drop below B-Lister (Rank 3).
A Celebrity surrounded by Paparazzi
Being known is great, but are you the Tom Hanks of the Sims world or a Chris Brown? Public Image is a part of your celebrity, which starts at neutral. On the bad side, Sims can be bad, awful, or atrocious, while on the good side they can have a good, great, or pristine reputation for seven possible public image ranks. Devoting your Sim to a particular image direction can allow good or bad actions to accrue fame much faster.
Being infamous or having a good reputation will impact the perks you're able to select, though thankfully only in their specific categories (the majority are available based on star ranking alone). Good Sims may donate items from their home to further maintain their good standing with the public and make a fan very happy, while notorious Sims can host Lampoon parties and may even be cheered on for horrible behavior. You can maintain your image through actions or even ask your agent to run a story about you. Look to the bottom of the fame perks page to see the Positive/Negative reputation perks.
10 Million Views! My YouTube channel has grown a lot the last 6 months. I now have over 125 videos on Youtube and am nearing 100k subscribers. I'd like to invite people to check out my content and, if you like what I'm doing, subscribe!
A Celebrity throwing money to show off wealth
Sims who reach B-list status will have paparazzi following them from time to time, but can also don a celebrity disguise so they can go out in public without being harassed. This will only further the need to maintain a good public image. Celebrities are known for their wealth, and plenty can be done with money in this pack. There are extremely expensive items that can be purchased for your home - such as floating sleep pod, but more notably a money vault! Sims can choose to store a sum in the vault and sleep or woohoo in the piles of cash. Strike a pose for a fan to get a photo or sign an autograph for an adoring fan. When your celebrity goes out, people are going to notice.
As you gain fame points, you'll unlock access to star perks. These do a number of things (nearly two dozen are available). Perks have prerequisites (generally the ones below them on the menu) and require your celebrity to be of a certain star level.
Reading the descriptions of the perks, it's clear the early ones cater to certain playstyles. Sims who are taking on the new Media Production skill will want a Corporate Partnership so that their fame increases faster. They'll get access to new interactions/jobs as well with this perk. None of these perks appear to be basic +20% bonuses to skill gains. They all have a number of effects on your Sim, unlocking new interactions with other Sims, the phone, or boosting fame gains from specific activities.
As Celebrities begin to gain fame, they'll gradually accumulate quirks (up to four). Learn all about Fame Quirks in our Guide. These are neither chosen by the player nor assigned randomly, though you may be able to influence them. Quirks are assigned to Sims based upon recent activities and moods. They are not positive boosts, instead affecting behavior. For example a Sim may be a juice enthusiast, lose emotional control when sad or angry, attract more paparazzi, or even get a Stan (a stalker fan).
Latest Get Famous Guides
New - Celestial Crystal Crown Effects and Quirk Removal
New - Fame Quirks
New - Media Production
Fame Perks Guide
Becoming a Star: The Celebrity Fame System Explained
Actor Career in Get Famous
Acting Skill in Get Famous
Get Famous Cheats
Check Out My Youtube Channel!
We now have a Youtube Channel with over 50 guides in video format to go along with the huge site I've already created. Check it out and consider subscribing if you like my style.
Astronaut carreer have not provided any Fame yet - but rocketship do provide a steady Fame income...
Have not got any Quirks yet, despite drinking like horse (yup, looking towards juice addiction quirk). I even assembled drunkards-only club, gained hella lot of club points by getting stoned - still no quirk.
Managed to receive 1+ level of Positive image from only being molested... ahem... MOTIVATED by local gym's trainer a few times in a row. I. e. some actions may provide background Image gains/losses.
Is there a non-cheat way to disable the fame system (e.g. In the Options Menu globally)? Cheating just to get an ideal game scenerio isn't quite my cup of tea...and using testingcheats enabled gives me nightmares of what happened on Sims 3 (suffice to say I had to reinstall the Sims 3 to get rid of the unwanted cheats)
Best Mods in Sims 4
Secrets and Other New Stuff
Nifty Knitting is now available. Learn all about the stuff pack on my guide page here.NEW - Nifty Knitting Cheats
New features in the Sims 4 June 2020
The Sims 4 Eco Lifestyle Guide
Eco Footprint: How it Works
Neighborhood Action Plans
How to Cheat in Sims 4 Eco Lifestyle
Civil Designer Career
Insect Farms & Bio Fuel
Fabrication Skill in Eco Lifestyle
Juice Fizzing NEW
Traits and Aspirations in DLC
Gameplay Ideas for Sims 4 Eco Lifestyle
Search my Sims 4 Site
Sims 4 Packs & DLC
Super Sim Checklist + Other News
This is inspired by a new series in which I start at toddler and gradually take on the major bonuses. Here's a link to the full playlist!
I now have a guide page to Tiny Living Stuff where you can learn about Murphy Beds, the new death, as well as the lot bonuses you'll receive if you manage to keep the size of your lot down with this new pack's Tiny Home Lot Type.
Let's Play Playlist
New I now have a guide to Making Super Sims in The Sims 4. Look for a text version within the next 72h. It won't have THAT much more info but it will help out as a checklist.
This was inspired by a series, "Let's Play a Super Sim" in which I start at toddler and gradually take on the major bonuses. Here's a link to each part for people who are interested. You can also see the Let's Play as a Playlist on Youtube.
Latest Videos and Guides
- Sims 4 Ultimate Gameplay Tips Video
- Lot Traits Updated for all DLC
- 10 Objects that Add Gameplay to The Sims 4
- 10+ Mods That Add or Improve Gameplay in The Sims 4
- Spells List Updated & Info on Charge
- Around the World of Glimmerbrook
- Sims 4 Realm of Magic is Available Now. Here’s My Opinion On the Pack
- The Sims 4 Realm of Magic Features Deep-Dive
- Tutorial: Using The Sims 4’s New Stair Customization Tool
Discover University Expansion
The Sims 4 Discover University has been announced for November 15 for PC/Mac and December 17 for Xbox and Playstation 4 consoles. Click to learn more about the pack, see my summary of the livestream or read our FAQs below.
- New Career Law Career
- New Video Discover University Review
- New Video The Sims 4 Discover University Super Student
- New Engineering Career - Mechanical or Computer
- NEW Student Organizations (University Groups)
- Gameplay Features Guide (Robotics, Secret Society) Video
- Updated! Discover University Cheats
- Updated: Degrees Guide now also features a Scholarships List
- Discover University Features Guide
- Education Career - Professor or Administrator?
- Research and Debate Skill - Convince Others & Debate Guild
- Robotics and Cybernetics
- The Secret Society of Britechester
More videos coming soon!