I've started a series, "Let's Play a Super Sim" in which I start at toddler and gradually take on the major bonuses. Here's a link to each part for people who are interested. You can also see the Let's Play as a Playlist on Youtube.
The Sims 4: Vampires Cheats
How to Use Cheats to Get Powers or Change to or Remove Vampire
Vampires cheats are a bit more complex than other types, so let's do a tutorial on how to use them. With these, you have the power to change your Sim into a Vampire or remove the vampire occult trait from a Sim, reverting them back to normal. We can also add and remove vampire powers using cheats, though using specific traits is actually the most difficult type to use because it involves Sims.Get_Sim_By_ID_By_Name. I curate my main Cheats page but do not like to get too specific there, so here are the vampires cheats in detail.
For a full tutorial on How to Cheat in The Sims 4 click here. You should use Control + Shift + C and type testingcheats on in order to ensure all of these work. You will need to open the console to type the commands below. Press enter when done and hit escape to close the box (or Ctrl + Shift + C again). Mac users: use Command instead of Ctrl.
Make Sim a Vampire with Cheats
The easiest cheat (and most requested) by far is to turn a Sim into a Vampire
It is better to let the game handle the transition, though you can certainly type Traits.Equip_Trait Trait_OccultVampire to turn your Sim. However it's less bug-prone to give the Sim the moodlet/countdown to becoming a vampire. Doing it this way you can also have control over when a Sim turns in a Vampire.
- Stats.Set_Stat Commodity_BecomingVampire 1 - Your Sim will turn into a Vampire in 36 hours. +1 Uncomfortable Moodlet.
- Stats.Set_Stat Commodity_BecomingVampire 721 - Changes into Vampire in 24 hours. +2 Uncomfortable Moodlet.
- Stats.Set_Stat Commodity_BecomingVampire 1441 - Your Sim will turn in 12 hours. +3 Uncomfortable Moodlet.
- Stats.Set_Stat Commodity_BecomingVampire 2100 - Your Sim will turn in 1 hour.
- Stats.Set_Stat Commodity_BecomingVampire 2160 - Turns a Sim into a Vampire immediately on use.
Make a Vampire Sim Normal
This one's much easier - Traits.Remove_Trait Trait_OccultVampire will immediately remove the Vampire trait from your Sim. This is required to be a vampire in the game engine, so your Sim will switch back to normal and lose all their powers and weaknesses.
Increase (or Max) Vampire Level
Vampires can use Dark Meditation to regenerate the energy they use for abilities.
There are five ranks of Vampire in The Sims 4. You start as a Fledgling, with experience points gradually ranking you up to Minor, Prime, Master and Grand Master. There are a lot of steps along the way, as you can be a Level 3 Minor Vampire for example. Anyway, doing actions as a Vampire gives you experience that leads to rank ups and the ability to purchase new powers via Power Points. Every 4 ranks or so however, you have to take on a weakness. Here's how you can give your Sim Vampire XP and rank up very easily:
- Stats.Set_Stat RankedStatistic_Occult_VampireXP 202 - Become a Minor Vampire
- Stats.Set_Stat RankedStatistic_Occult_VampireXP 630 - Become a Prime Vampire
- Stats.Set_Stat RankedStatistic_Occult_VampireXP 1058 - Become a Master Vampire
- Stats.Set_Stat RankedStatistic_Occult_VampireXP 1486 - Become a Grand Master Vampire
- Stats.Set_Stat RankedStatistic_Occult_VampireXP 1593 - Cap Vampire Power Points
The reason for there not being a fifth 'rank' is you starting as Fledgling, and the final one provides the last few power points you get after hitting Grand Master. You will actually go up multiple levels each time you use the cheat, because vampire power increases 17x on the way up to Grand Master Vampire. You must gain 4 levels to go from Fledgling to Minor for example. You can fine tune the amount of XP based on your needs, these are just the notable ranks. You will take on weaknesses when you level up to another major rank.
Cheat Vampire Powers and Weaknesses
Vampires get Power Points to purchase Perks as they level up, but must choose Vampire Weaknesses each time they gain a major rank. It's possible to use cheats to reset vampire powers and weaknesses. You can even give your vampire 0 weaknesses if you like!
Get Sim ID Cheat to Reset Vampire's Perks
Getting the Sim ID is used in many advanced cheats in The Sims 4.
You can reset perks on your vampire with a cheat, but first we must learn to use Sims.Get_Sim_ID_By_Name. In my case, I'm using Geoffrey Landgraab, so I type: Sims.Get_Sim_ID_By_Name Geoffrey Landgraab. The game spits out 164109787423017861. It's easy to copy it and double check, looking at it 3 digits at a time. This is true for dealing with long numbers in general. Now that I have the Sim ID I can make use of two cheats.
Cheat to Reset Vampire Powers
Now that we have the SimID, we can use the cheat to refund all of the power points.
Bucks.Lock_All_Perks_For_Bucks_Type 40961 (Sim ID) true will reset all vampire power points but not weaknesses. So for my Geoffrey Landgraab example, I'll type Bucks.Lock_All_Perks_For_Bucks_Type 40961 164109787423017861 true - this will reset the vampire powers I'd selected.
All this Vampire's powers are reset, but he still has weaknesses. We can reset weaknesses, or even buy the perks we want then remove the weaknesses permanently.
Cheat to Remove Vampire Weaknesses
However, as I said this leaves weaknesses untouched. I can use Bucks.Lock_All_Perks_for_Bucks_Type 40962 (Sim ID) false to reset all the weaknesses. If I spend my points, then leave the screen and use this cheat I can have a Vampire with no weaknesses. Because the game only makes you pick weaknesses when you spend points, you can simply Esc or hit X to get out of the screen if you go to make sure they are gone. You can't click accept, but you can leave without assigning weaknesses.
Other Vampires-Specific Cheats
Fill a Vampire's "Vampire Energy" bar - Stats.Set_Stat Commodity_Motive_Visible_Vampire_Power 100. You can drain it with -100.
If you want to kill a Vampire with sun but don't want to wait, use Stats.Set_Stat Commodity_Vampire_Sunexposure -100 - good for recording video or getting screenshots for stories without all the speed 3.
Select one of the two Vampire Aspirations that come with the Game Pack and use Aspirations.Complete_Current_Milestone, press up on your keyboard and hit enter again. Do this 4x and you'll finish the Aspiration and get the Reward Trait along with all the Satisfaction that comes with completing the milestones.
Vampires Game Pack Skills: Max Vampire Lore & Pipe Organ
There are only two Skill Cheats in The Sims 4 Vampires - Vampire Lore and the instrument, which functions much like Piano, the Pipe Organ Skill. It is very odd in that it has 15 levels. Use Stats.Set_Skill_Level VampireLore 15 to max it , though you can sub in whatever level you want. Pipe Organ can be cheated with Stats.Set_Skill_Level Major_PipeOrgan 10 to max it.
- The Sims 4 Vampires Game Pack - a rundown of all the additions
- Vampires - All about the life state - How to be a Vampire and how their needs, levels, and powers work.
- How to Use Vampires Cheats
- Power Points & Vampires - Improving your Vampire Rank and Power Points
- Powers and Weaknesses - What They Do - Selecting powers and what they do for your Sim.
- Vampire Lore Skill - Learn useful Vampire recipes and defenses
Check Out My Youtube Channel!
We now have a Youtube Channel with over 50 guides in video format to go along with the huge site I've already created. Check it out and consider subscribing if you like my style.
If you do this command: Bucks.Lock_All_Perks_for_Bucks_Type 40962 (Sim ID) false
Don't include "false" at the end of the command to remove any weaknesses AND remove all weakness points. If you still want the weakness points to use later, keep "false" at the end.
- Remove active weaknesses AND remove the points: "Bucks.Lock_All_Perks_for_Bucks_Type 40962 (Sim ID)"
- Remove active weaknesses and KEEP the points: "Bucks.Lock_All_Perks_for_Bucks_Type 40962 (Sim ID) false"
If you want to know why that happens, this is likely due to multiple signatures of the function called by the command. In laymens terms, they are different cheats with a similar outcome.
Let's Play a Super Sim!
Latest Videos and Guides
- Sims 4 Ultimate Gameplay Tips Video
- Lot Traits Updated for all DLC
- 10 Objects that Add Gameplay to The Sims 4
- 10+ Mods That Add or Improve Gameplay in The Sims 4
- Spells List Updated & Info on Charge
- Around the World of Glimmerbrook
- Sims 4 Realm of Magic is Available Now. Here’s My Opinion On the Pack
- The Sims 4 Realm of Magic Features Deep-Dive
- Tutorial: Using The Sims 4’s New Stair Customization Tool
Discover University Expansion
The Sims 4 Discover University has been announced for November 15 for PC/Mac and December 17 for Xbox and Playstation 4 consoles. Click to learn more about the pack, see my summary of the livestream or read our FAQs below.
- New Career Law Career
- New Video Discover University Review
- New Video The Sims 4 Discover University Super Student
- New Engineering Career - Mechanical or Computer
- NEW Student Organizations (University Groups)
- Gameplay Features Guide (Robotics, Secret Society) Video
- Updated! Discover University Cheats
- Updated: Degrees Guide now also features a Scholarships List
- Discover University Features Guide
- Education Career - Professor or Administrator?
- Research and Debate Skill - Convince Others & Debate Guild
- Robotics and Cybernetics
- The Secret Society of Britechester
More videos coming soon!
New Patch for November 2019!
Realm of Magic
Search the Site
- Discover University
- Realm of Magic Game Pack
- Island Living Expansion
- Island Living Cheats
- Clean up Sulani
- Get Famous
- Careers and Top Jobs
- Skill Guides
- Get to Work
- Get Together
- City Living
- Cats and Dogs
- Style Influencer
- Terrain Tools