The Sims 4 Clubs
Get Together - Tips, Making and Leading, and Club Perks
Enjoying the Clubs Feature of Get Together, hanging at the Bluffs in Windenburg.
The Club system in The Sims 4 Get Together is the center of attraction for this Expansion Pack, and it's extremely well-executed. I remember us hearing about them and thinking of night clubs and the community backlash thinking this was not what the game needed. Some may still feel that way, but in my eyes the idea was being overly simplified. The system is deep, incredibly flexible, and open to use however you want to use it, whenever, and however frequently. For many players, along with myself, I think this will be a nice addition to our other content. In fact, I think it might have saved the game for me based on my early experiences with Sims 4.
This Guide covers most everything about them, from managing and creating them, building club hangouts, listing the clubs that exist in the new world of Windenburg, and how you can even take them over to manage them yourself. For the record, the Sim I used is Frida Bonzi by RoxyFoxy04 on the Gallery. I wanted a pretty female leader, and hers came up on 'randomize'
Let's just start with the basics first, so that you can understand how the system works, then we'll get into deeper details. This section is broken into multiple areas, so be sure to use the navigation to get where you need to be if you're already keen on the basics of Sims 4's new clubs. For the desktops, intra-guide navigation is usually on the right but I'll put a list to sections here for mobile users' convenience:
1.This Page: About Clubs
2.Making an Example Club
3.Making a Hangout for Members-Only Club Gatherings
4.List of Club Perks and What They Do
5.Tips & Club Leader Help
6.List of Default Clubs in Get Together and Joining/Leading Them
Getting to Know Get Together's Club System
Upon joining an open invite club, you'll be asked to meet up with the club for your first gathering.
What's a Club?
A club is a group of Sims, anywhere from 2 to eight, who share a common set of goals when they get together. Each Sim may be involved in up to 3 clubs. Club leaders decide what restrictions exist to enter the club, and what activities that club will focus on performing - up to 5. They can also ban up to 5 different types of activities. The Expansion ships with 11 clubs - from the intellectual Avant Gardes, to the Paragons, stuck-up fashion-lovers who are at war with the Rebels, who like to cause mischief. These are rather simple clubs without major restrictions, although a few of them are invitation only and getting in them will require your Sim to impress the members.
Get Together's Club Interface is very flexible and easy to use.Club Interface
The new Club Interface is accessed by pressing the 'U' key on your keyboard. This will bring up a menu from where you can join a club (if none are joined. it's the only option). You may also create your own - you'll just have to find some Sims who'd like to join. Clubs have various components that can be tweaked, in order to define the club's rules, destination during gatherings, and what the club will do when they do get together.
- Name - Name your club anything you like.
- Icon - Choose a logo for your club, which can differentiate it from others. Pick something that fits the theme of the club.
- Members - On the left, you can select Sims who will be members of that club right away.
- Hangout - Where the Club will gather. It can be a lot type, specific lot, or no place in particular.
- Open/Invite Only - Decide whether Sims can join your club at will, so long as they meet the requirements, or if the club is invitation only. While you can apply through any member, only a leader can decide if a Sim can join the club - so if your Sim is not the leader of the Renegades, they can't extend invitations at all.
- Requirements - Up to 5 requirements may be chosen. You can select from various categories: (Age, Career, Marital Status, Financial Status, Must have Trait, and Skills that must be level 2+)
- Activities - These are the goals of the club - what they do when they get together. A massive list of activities from various DLC made it to this list, so you can tweak this to the extreme.
- Banned Activities - Same as above, only you're banning these activities DURING club sessions.
These things combined, with the many activities, Sim traits, and actions create thousands of possibilities for unique clubs. They obviously tried to include everything, and I've heard that in the future, the Clubs system will be expanded upon so that new things from other Expansions will be possible to incorporate into clubs.
When Clubs gather, they are automatically put in a group (a new feature). This lets you pick things like, 'go here together', do x together, allowing the club to bond and get Perk Points.
Where clubs get together by default is entirely up to the leadership. A Hangout can be chosen from a lot type - for example libraries, to a specific park or a member's home. Clubs can choose to hang out so long as they're at a residence or any other type of lot. It seems only the 'Generic' lot type is off limits. You can start a hangout even if you're not the club leader, so you can meet up with other members on your own time. I guess they call off work to make this happen, but if they didn't that'd make the system annoying - half of them not showing up. With the game's door locking system, you can make a part of a building such that only Club members are allowed to visit that area, in order to make it exclusive.
A recent patch added groups to The Sims 4, which is thankfully available to everyone. Sims can be clicked and added to - or removed from - groups. When you travel with other Sims, you arrive in a group. This keeps Sims from wandering off, or can help them to stick together and do something like dance without everyone scattering off. During club gatherings, your Sims are already in a group - which is great. The most recent patch offered an extensive list of bug-fixes and performance enhancements to the game and its map.
Get to know the Club's leader, and you can get them to step down and give you control to take the club in a new direction.
Clubs can be customized in the ways already listed, but there are also Club Perks, which allow leaders to set the vibe for a meeting - to help control the behavior of the members, or to give skill gains by making everyone get a moodlet - "Let's Focus people!". Secret handshakes, custom decor, and direct boosts to skills are all possible with the points, which come from members doing the activities listed, though thankfully no points are lost when members break rules.
In and Out
Sims can be in or out of clubs at any time, by choosing to or by the leader scolding them and maybe kicking them out for doing banned activities. Sims can get angry and leave, but I'm sure with some talking you can get them to come back.
Design outfits for your club, which everyone will wear during gatherings. You can buy perks to unlock special jackets with the club symbol on them.
Make an Outfit for your Club
You can make a special club outfit. Open the clubs panel and click the button next to the Club Perks button - this will let you choose from various styles, to make everyone look similar, or else customize it deeply based on male/female adult and child. If you go the deep customization route, don't forget the pants should you have bought the special club jacket. You must fully dress each of the models or else only members of certain gender/age will wear the club outfit. You can make up outfits for everyone this way, if you're willing to invest the time.
Read on: Deeper Info on Making Clubs, Perk Points, and Leading Clubs
Now let's move on to making an example club, where we can see some of the options available and realize how these systems can synergize to make clubs useful and provide players incentive for getting out and about in Windenburg.
Check Out My Youtube Channel!
We now have a Youtube Channel with over 50 guides in video format to go along with the huge site I've already created. Check it out and consider subscribing if you like my style.
This policy contains information about your privacy. By posting, you are declaring that you understand this policy:
- Your name, rating, website address, town, country, state and comment will be publicly displayed if entered.
- Aside from the data entered into these form fields, other stored data about your comment will include:
- Your IP address (not displayed)
- The time/date of your submission (displayed)
- Your email address will not be shared. It is collected for only two reasons:
- Administrative purposes, should a need to contact you arise.
- To inform you of new comments, should you subscribe to receive notifications.
- A cookie may be set on your computer. This is used to remember your inputs. It will expire by itself.
This policy is subject to change at any time and without notice.
Also, is there boys/girls only clubs yet?
It bothers me, what if I played only one household, and I just let the other household age up and die and being replaced with homeless sims, will the club "died" too? Because I don't have this pack right now, and I am kinda scared I will be disappointed when I buy it, because this whole club thing would be perfect with story progression, but we didn't have that.
If you are still able to throw a club gathering do this and then change the Vibe of the club. This might solve the issue too.
And if you can, do the non-played sims have the club limit to?
Maybe if 'being romantic' was not on the allowed list but just 'woohoo' that might stop the sims getting into the romantic relationships. But anytime I've tried a woohoo club they work well for a while but then ultimately end up a disaster with all the sims crying or hating each other due to everyone thinking they're cheating!
New Patch for November 2019!
Discover University Expansion
The Sims 4 Discover University has been announced for November 15 for PC/Mac and December 17 for Xbox and Playstation 4 consoles. Click to learn more about the pack, see my summary of the livestream or read our FAQs below.
- NEW Student Organizations (University Groups)
- Gameplay Features Guide (Robotics, Secret Society) Video
- Updated! Discover University Cheats
- Updated: Degrees Guide now also features a Scholarships List
- Discover University Features Guide
- Education Career - Professor or Administrator?
- New Research and Debate Skill - Convince Others & Debate Guild
- Robotics and Cybernetics
- The Secret Society of Britechester
More videos coming soon!
- Lot Traits Updated for all DLC
- 10 Objects that Add Gameplay to The Sims 4
- 10+ Mods That Add or Improve Gameplay in The Sims 4
- Spells List Updated & Info on Charge
- Around the World of Glimmerbrook
- Sims 4 Realm of Magic is Available Now. Here’s My Opinion On the Pack
- The Sims 4 Realm of Magic Features Deep-Dive
- Tutorial: Using The Sims 4’s New Stair Customization Tool
Realm of Magic
Search the Site
Get Together: Clubs
We now have a Videos page, where I'll list every submission to our Sims 4 Gameplay Guides Channel. I'm taking feedback seriously, improving recording and sound quality and other issues with my video guides. Let me know what you think and subscribe for more like it. If you comment on the videos page with a request I may bump it higher on my to do list (no promises though!). Here is a listing of all videos released to date, in order of release:
Sims 4 February Patch Summary
Get Famous: Celestial Crystal Crown
Visit My Channel to Subscribe!
Get Famous First Impressions
First Person Mode (Sims 4 Update)
Get Famous Acting Livestream
Livestream Summary (Latest Patch News)
Patch News: COMING SOON
The Sims 4 Get Famous Expansion
Archaeology Guide (Jungle Adventure)
Jungle Adventure Gameplay
Nerd Brain and Computer Whiz
Spa Day Review and Gameplay Guide
The Sims 4 Whims & How to Use Them
Ambrosia Ingredients and Raising the Dead
The Sims 4: Making a Super Sim
The Sims 4 Careers (Improved)
Seasons Holiday Decorations Guide
Cool Kitchen Stuff
How to Woohoo & Try for Baby
Playing a Moocher
Sims 4 Writing Skill
Father Winter's Baby
Flower Shop Seasons/Get to Work Retail