The Sims 4 Aliens (Get to Work)
Abductions, Male Pregnancy, and Brain Powers
A UFO Abducts a Sim in The Sims 4 Get to Work
This great shot of a UFO was provided by snackrafice on our Forum.
The Sims 4 Get to Work features the new Alien life state. These extraterrestrials hail from the planet Sixam, which is a secret lot in the Expansion Pack. Click here for a guide to Sixam. With the EP installed, Aliens may be lurking around town in disguise. You can also meet them on Sixam and invite them to move in. This guide to Aliens will discuss their powers, the result of trying for baby between Sims and Aliens, how to reduce/eliminate Alien abductions, and Sim-Alien hybrids.
A beam of light shines upon Alexander Goth as he is sucked into the UFO. (Screenshot provided by snackrafice)
The Satellite Dish can either prevent or encourage abductions
Abductions happen at random, but can be encouraged or discouraged via the satellite dish that comes from the Scientist Career. Sims who are in this Career reportedly have a higher chance of being abducted. For players who don't want to have a Scientist just to experience abductions or reduce them, I offer the following cheat:
- Control + Shift + C
- Enter Buy Mode (F2)
- Type 'satellite' into the search box
- Satellite in misc electronics will appear - place it
- Now you may either stop abductions for 24 hours by clicking it, or make a Sim more likely to be abducted by selecting 'Contact Aliens'
For a detailed guide to abductions without cheating, see my How to Get Abducted in The Sims 4 guide. I also have a video version of the guide on that page which will most certainly help you to be probed.
With the Satellite on your lot, you also get access to the Alien channel on TV (!#*%[email protected]%)!
A male Sim has been impregnated while abducted. This will result in an Alien baby.
Alien babies have a unique cry that will get anyone's attention, so change those dirty diapers quick!
Male Sims who get abducted may get pregnant while in the UFO - any male from Young Adult to Elder. This can result in unwanted babies. If your Sim is abducted and you want to raise the baby, see the guides to Babies and Children. The resulting baby will be pure Alien, and have access to Alien powers.
Sending an alien baby back to the homeworld
Once the birth is over, you can click the baby's bassinet to send it back to the homeworld. It can only be done at this stage of life, so decide whether to keep it early. This will make it as though the birth never happened. If you neglect it, child services will take it away, just as they do a normal Sim baby. There is a special birth certificate you can find in your Sim's inventory after birthing the baby.
My Sim had twins. One was changed to a boy in order to show both genders' outfits.
Despite being male, Sims who have babies via abductions can breast feed. Alien babies have a very, very alarming echo-y cry that can really affect you when wearing a headset. Trust me. Give the babies what they want and stop that crying ASAP.
Aliens' secret handshake, which can only be performed between two of them.
Aliens have the same life span as regular Sims, and must attend school as usual. When two Aliens meet, they can perform a secret handshake. All Aliens have a disguise, which can be removed, activated, or altered at any time by clicking on the Alien. This will let you change how they appear when using the disguise. If you want to change your Alien into normal Sim clothes (without the disguise) you have to go shopping. Every Alien outfit looks the same.
Aliens without their disguise
The disguise is activated. You can alter how they look in CAS by clicking them, without cheating.
Sims who meet Aliens can be angered, as though the government should have told them about Aliens. Once they're over it, Sims and Aliens can make good friends or even fall in love and try for baby. Aliens have a special mischief interaction, 'Scare with Probe'.
An Alien uses the Analyze Personality power. This will teach them all of a Sim's Traits
A pure Alien has access to a few powers other than the disguise. There is a cooldown during which they cannot use their powers afterward, but it's brief:
- Analyze Personality (Friendly Interaction) - This will instantly reveal the Traits of the target Sim.
- Empathize (Friendly) - Allows your Alien to take on the emotional state of the target Sim. They'll get a +1 Moodlet for whatever Emotion that Sim is experiencing.
- Erase Memory (Mischief) - Makes a Sim completely forget your Alien as far as relationship goes (meaning they need to meet again) and the Sim will have a Dazed moodlet for a time.
- Resurrect Dead Alien Collectibles - place the dead space alien collectible on the ground and your Alien can turn it into a live one. Thanks Mousie!
- Transmute Elements, Metals, and Crystals - Click an Element, Metal, or Crystal that has been placed in the game world, and your Alien can transmute it. Results are random, so you may turn a common element into a rare crystal, but the object is sure to become another variant of one of these types of collectibles. There's a four hour cooldown on this ability. Thanks to Heart Foam on our Forum for bringing it to my attention and dodi90 for adding further info.
Aliens can Woohoo and 'Try for Baby'. Thankfully, males - alien or not - only get pregnant via abduction now.
This used to be much more complicated but a patch changed that. Male Sims will only get pregnant by abduction, so Alien-Sim pregnancies are now just like normal pregnancies (the female gets pregnant via try for baby) except that the baby will be a Hybrid. In order to get a pure alien, both Sims need to be Aliens.
An Alien-Sim Hybrid. Given she's only half Alien, she lacks the powers of her parent.
It would appear that any pregnancy involving a regular Sim and alien will result in a Hybrid (thanks oshizu!). A half Sim half Alien does not have access to the Alien powers, but has hair as well as the Alien's unique socials. In order to have a baby with alien powers, you must either get abducted as a male Sim or have two Aliens try for baby. Using the Satellite from the Scientist career is a good way to encourage an Alien visit, now that the rate they are abducted has been reduced by Maxis. You can also invite Aliens to move in, of course.
Check Out My Youtube Channel!
We now have a Youtube Channel with over 50 guides in video format to go along with the huge site I've already created. Check it out and consider subscribing if you like my style.
This policy contains information about your privacy. By posting, you are declaring that you understand this policy:
- Your name, rating, website address, town, country, state and comment will be publicly displayed if entered.
- Aside from the data entered into these form fields, other stored data about your comment will include:
- Your IP address (not displayed)
- The time/date of your submission (displayed)
- Your email address will not be shared. It is collected for only two reasons:
- Administrative purposes, should a need to contact you arise.
- To inform you of new comments, should you subscribe to receive notifications.
- A cookie may be set on your computer. This is used to remember your inputs. It will expire by itself.
This policy is subject to change at any time and without notice.
I did try for the male to be pregnant as well, sadly that didn't happen. I created 2 aliens, husband and wife, moved them in. Both have family-oriented trait (although I have no idea if that makes any difference). I bought Fertile reward for both of them, both of them before woo-hooing had the fertility massage and both of them drank the fertility potion (maybe I over did it). I did that before each try for a baby, I did 4 and male never got pregnant. After first try i had 2 boys, then twice I got one girl each and last time i got boy and girl twins.
I just discover that the Get to Work add aliens while i was on vacation in the park and during a chat suddenly appears a status with an alien face.,it was really a surprise. So sad i don't read this article before i try for baby . And thanks for the guide.
Sorry any grammar error
Fist of all,I would like to thank for your guides in general.They are really nice and helped me really effectively to plan my sims life. I was wondering is it possible to work as an artist / athlete for example and still meet with aliens like we did in Sims 3 ? If thats the case,how do you understand who is an alien if they are in disguise ? Thanks for sharing the tips.
Aside from the satellite dish, it's possible to tell a Sim is actually an alien by whether they glow (sometimes, related to emotion), and also by accusing them of being an alien. Getting to know them should reveal it over time :) You can accidentally marry an alien, because like many things in the game, it's kind of random. I read in the past that you may meet aliens on Sixam and then know they're aliens back in your neighborhood.
Hella confused I tell you! Haha
and if they are in disguise, will it make sims think they are sims?
New Patch for November 2019!
Discover University Expansion
The Sims 4 Discover University has been announced for November 15 for PC/Mac and December 17 for Xbox and Playstation 4 consoles. Click to learn more about the pack, see my summary of the livestream or read our FAQs below.
- Gameplay Features Guide (Robotics, Secret Society) Video
- Updated! Discover University Cheats
- Updated: Degrees Guide now also features a Scholarships List
- Discover University Features Guide
- Education Career - Professor or Administrator?
- New Research and Debate Skill - Convince Others & Debate Guild
- Robotics and Cybernetics
- The Secret Society of Britechester
More videos coming soon!
- Lot Traits Updated for all DLC
- 10 Objects that Add Gameplay to The Sims 4
- 10+ Mods That Add or Improve Gameplay in The Sims 4
- Spells List Updated & Info on Charge
- Around the World of Glimmerbrook
- Sims 4 Realm of Magic is Available Now. Here’s My Opinion On the Pack
- The Sims 4 Realm of Magic Features Deep-Dive
- Tutorial: Using The Sims 4’s New Stair Customization Tool
Realm of Magic
Search the Site
- Discover University
- Realm of Magic Game Pack
- Island Living Expansion
- Island Living Cheats
- Clean up Sulani
- Get Famous
- Careers and Top Jobs
- Skill Guides
- Get to Work
- Get Together
- City Living
- Cats and Dogs
- Style Influencer
- Terrain Tools
We now have a Videos page, where I'll list every submission to our Sims 4 Gameplay Guides Channel. I'm taking feedback seriously, improving recording and sound quality and other issues with my video guides. Let me know what you think and subscribe for more like it. If you comment on the videos page with a request I may bump it higher on my to do list (no promises though!). Here is a listing of all videos released to date, in order of release:
Sims 4 February Patch Summary
Get Famous: Celestial Crystal Crown
Visit My Channel to Subscribe!
Get Famous First Impressions
First Person Mode (Sims 4 Update)
Get Famous Acting Livestream
Livestream Summary (Latest Patch News)
Patch News: COMING SOON
The Sims 4 Get Famous Expansion
Archaeology Guide (Jungle Adventure)
Jungle Adventure Gameplay
Nerd Brain and Computer Whiz
Spa Day Review and Gameplay Guide
The Sims 4 Whims & How to Use Them
Ambrosia Ingredients and Raising the Dead
The Sims 4: Making a Super Sim
The Sims 4 Careers (Improved)
Seasons Holiday Decorations Guide
Cool Kitchen Stuff
How to Woohoo & Try for Baby
Playing a Moocher
Sims 4 Writing Skill
Father Winter's Baby
Flower Shop Seasons/Get to Work Retail