The Sims 4 Snowy Escape
Lifestyles List and How They Work
Lifestyles are probably the single biggest gameplay feature of Snowy Escape, though it's clear most of the work went into Mt. Komorebi
Lifestyles are a new feature in The Sims 4 Snowy Escape Expansion Pack. Lifestyles are meant to show you how a Sim is living - a reflection of lived experience instead of the more innate Traits that players pick for their Sims. In short, they come from how you play The Sims 4. This guide offers a list of all Lifestyles, explains what they do, and how you can get various lifestyles.
Sims can have up to three Lifestyles active at one time.
Lifestyles are visible in the Simology Panel (hotkey y). You can scroll down under Traits and find 3 slots. Lifestyles will appear here. Many or all lifestyles start hidden, but as soon as your Sim does some activity that might unlock them, they will appear in main lifestyles page (see below). You can click the Lifestyles button to see them all in one menu.
How Lifestyles Work in Snowy Escape
Two pictures in one. First, you will be told when you have reached the daily cap on Lifestyle points. Additionally, unlocking a new lifestyle is mentioned in the notifications so you are aware something you did is an activity tracked by that lifestyle.
Lifestyles are meant to take time to develop, because while traits reflect who a Sim is, Lifestyles reflect more how a Sim is living their life. Therefore, lifestyles are gained by doing activities or by being a certain way. Each has their own criteria and separate points counters. Since your lifestyle can change, they can also decay.
It will take a Sim about five full days to develop a lifestyle, assuming you reach the maximum points each day (around 20). When you've got 100 points, you get the lifestyle and will keep it unless you fail to do that thing for too long. Doing it enough once in 4 days should be each to maintain, as it decays at a rate of about 5 points per day. You will get a notification if your Sim is about to lose a lifestyle so you can take corrective action.
Other reasons they may go away exist. For instance, life circumstances may change as well, such as a Single and Lovin' It Sim finding love - the trait will definitely be gone after a time, if not instantly.
The Sims 4 developers made it super easy to cheat Lifestyles in Snowy Escape. All you need to do is a quick Ctrl + Shift + C (or all 4 shoulder buttons on console). Type testingcheats on then shift-click a Sim. You can add and remove lifestyles under the Cheat Sim Info menu. It's also possible to add and remove them by using Traits.Equip_trait Trait_lifestyle_x or Traits.Remove_trait Trait_Lifestyle_x, replacing x with the proper code. You can find all the codes on my guide to Sims 4 Snowy Escape Cheats. There's more there that is useful, I promise.
Adrenaline Seeker Lifestyle
Description: Adrenaline Seeker is a Lifestyle for Sims who seek out danger, adventure, and sometimes even drama to ride the wave of an adrenaline rush! To acquire or maintain this Lifestyle, explore dangerous locales, get into fights, woohoo outside, work in a dangerous career, and seek out excitement in all its forms! Just be sure to avoid the mundane.
What Adrenaline Seeker Does:
- Various benefits when thrill-seeking
- Avoids boring conversations
- Does not panic during fire and finds it exciting
- Increased work performance in dangerous Careers
- Can "Talk About New Adventure" and "Enthuse About Thrill-Seeking" with other Sims
- Can "Fight for the Rush!" after having gone too long without a thrill
- Bored when performing mundane interactions and socials
- Tense when going too long without excitement
Close Knit Lifestyle
Description: Sims living a Close-Knit Lifestyle prefer to form deep connections with a small circle of friends. To acquire or maintain this Lifestyle, a Sim should keep their friend count between one and three Sims while seeking to deepen the relationships they do have.
What Close Knit Does:
- Keeps Good Friends longer but has a harder time staying friends with Sims at lower relationship levels
- More likely to gain Long Term Sentiments with friends
- Can "Ask to Be Confidant" and gains unique flavor socials with Confidant
- Tense when without friends or when friend group grows to four or more.
Coffee Fanatic Lifestyle
Description: Sims who live a Coffee Fanatic Lifestyle want nothing more than another cup of java in order to reap its benefits. To acquire or maintain this Lifestyle, drink a lot of coffee.
What Coffee Fanatic Does:
- Various benefits after drinking coffee
- Will make and drink more coffee than other Sims
- Brewed Coffee is always Outstanding quality
- Increased Skill gain in all Skills after drinking coffee
- Can "Talk About Benefits of Coffee" or "Lament the Detriments of Coffee" depending on caffeinated status
- Can "Work Caffeinated Shift" while at work
- Increased work performance after drinking coffee
- Uncomfortable after going too long without drinking coffee
Description: Sims who live an Energetic Lifestyle love to stay active and keep moving! To acquire or maintain this Lifestyle, seek out athletic and sporty activities or join a high-energy Career.
What Energetic Does:
- Various benefits when performing high-energy activities
- Prefers to perform high energy activities
- Increased work performance in high-energy Careers
- Decreased work performance in low-energy Careers
- Dislikes low-energy activities and becomes Tense when going without activity for too long
Frequent Traveler Lifestyle
Description: Frequent Travelers make a habit of visiting new and exciting places and want to experience everything these locales have to offer! To acquire or maintain this Lifestyle, travel for vacations, visit exotic hidden destinations, and seek out new experiences while traveling.
What Frequent Traveler Does:
- Various benefits when traveling to another world or when taking a vacation
- Increased Skill gain in all Skills while on vacation specifically
- Increased work performance and other benefits after returning from a vacation.
- Can "Ask About Home Region" on locals to gather destination suggestions while traveling
- Can "Share Travel Stories" after a vacation
- Bored after having gone too long without travel
Health Food Nut Lifestyle
Description: Sims who live a Health Food Nut Lifestyle are devoted to eating nutrient-filled foods! To acquire or maintain this Lifestyle, eat healthy foods and harvestables while avoiding Quick Meals, desserts, or anything that may seem unhealthy!
What Health Food Nut Does:
- Various benefits when eating healthy food
- Prefers to cook and eat healthy food
- Can "Cook Healthy Meal" to make alternative healthy recipe options
- Increased Weight Loss and Fitness gain while working out after eating a meal made by "Cook Healthy Meal"
- Can "Evangelize Benefits of Health Food" to other Sims
- Displeased by eating junk food and Tense when going too long without eating healthy food
Hungry for Love Lifestyle
Description: Sims living a Hungry for Love Lifestyle have a strong desire to be in a relationship and struggle to deal with life without one. To acquire or maintain this Lifestyle, engage with romantic media or attempt to romance other Sims.
What Hungry for Love Does:
- Various benefits when in a romantic relationship
- Prefers romantic behavior and is more likely to succeed when being romantic
- Acquires romanti Sentiments more easily
- Enjoys romantic media
- Increased Work Performance when in a romantic relationship
- Tense when not in a romantic relationship
Junk Food Fiend Lifestyle
Description: Sims who live a Junk Food Fiend Lifestyle crave snacks and sweets and are enthusiasts of spicing food up with sugar and bacon! To acquire or maintain this Lifestyle, eat Quick Meals, desserts, or anything that may seem unhealthy as a rule. Just be sure to avoid eating healthy!
What Junk Food Fiend Does:
- Various benefits when eating junk food
- Prefers to eat junk food
- Can "Add Sugar" or "Add Bacon" to food, turning it into junk food
- Can "Evangelize Benefits of Junk Food" to other Sims
- Displeased by eating healthy and tense when going too long without eating junk food
Description: Sims living an Indoorsy Lifestyle prefer to be within the confines of an indoor space. To acquire or maintain this Lifestyle, prioritize doing activities indoors rather than outdoors.
What Indoorsy Does:
- Various benefits when doing indoor activities
- Prefers to be indoors
- Decreased work performance in outdoor careers
- Tense when spending too much time outside rather than inside
Description: Sims living an Outdoorsy Lifestyle prefer to be outside, taking in the fresh air. To acquire or maintain this Lifestyle, prioritize doing activities outdoors rather than indoors
What Outdoorsy Does:
- Various benefits when doing outdoor activities
- Prefers to be outdoors
- Increased work performance in outdoor careers
- Tense when spending too much time inside rather than outside
People Person Lifestyle
Description: Sims living a People Person Lifestyle have an easier time building and maintaining a large friend group, sometimes at the cost of connecting with those friends. To acquire or maintain this Lifestyle, a Sim should have four or more friends.
What People Person Does:
- Keeps lower relationship level Friends easier but struggles to keep Good Friends or higher
- Various benefits when interacting with three or more friends at a time or when making a new friend
- Less likely to gain Long Term Sentiments with friends
- Greater need to be social
- Tense when friend group contains fewer than four Sims
Description: Sims who live a Sedentary Lifestyle favor relaxing and lounging in all it forms, and prefer to avoid exerting themselves. To acquire or maintain this Lifestyle, pursue low-energy activities that allow a Sim to relax, sit, and lounge around or join a low-energy Career
What Sedentary Does:
- Various benefits when performing low-energy activities
- Prefers to perform low-energy activities
- Increased work performance in low-energy Careers
- Decreased work performance in high-energy Careers
- Tense when performing high-energy activities or when going too long without doing relaxing activities
Single and Loving It
Description: Sims living a Single and Lovin' It Lifestyle happily enjoy the 'single life' and savor their independence. To acquire or maintain this Lifestyle, avoid being in a committed romantic relationship and romantic media.
What Single and Lovin' It Does:
- Various benefits when single
- Increased Skill gain in all Skills when single
- Less likely to acquire romantic Sentiments
- Finds romantic media somewhat unrealistic
- Increased Work Performance when single
- Tense when in a new committed romantic relationship
Description: Live a life immersed in technology! To acquire or maintain the Techhie Lifestyle, interact regularly with electronics and technology or join a tech-related Career.
What Techie Does:
- Various benefits when interacting with technology
- Prefers to use technology over non-electronic objects
- Increased Skill gain in Programming and Rocket Science
- Can apply the Overclocked Upgrade to computers and then "Enthuse About Processing Power" with other Sims
- Improved success when repairing and upgrading electronics
- Increased work performance in tech-related Careers
- Tense when on a lot without Power or when going without technology for too long
Description: A Lifestyle dedicated to the avoidance of technology! To acquire or maintain this Lifestyle, a Sim should pursue a livelihood without Power or technology, even going so far as to sabotage or break electronics from time to time.
What Technophobe Does:
- Various benefits relating to broken electronics, when on a lot without Power, or when on a lot using the Off-the-Grid Lot Trait
- Prefers to avoid using technology
- Can intentionally "Sabotage" electronics
- Decreased work performance in tech-related careers
- Tense when using technology
Description: Sims living a Workaholic Lifestyle tend to fixate on their Careers by working extra hard and rarely taking breaks. To acquire or maintain this Lifestyle, pursue promotions, Work Hard when at work, complete Daily Tasks, and abstain from taking days off.
- Needs decay slower while at work
- Increased work performance gain
- Difficulty in keeping long term relationships
- Can "Go to Work on Off Hours" and "Demand Promotion from Boss"
- Receives extra work-related benefits when in the Corporate Worker career
- Tense when neglecting work duties or without a job
Snowy Escape Guides
How You Can Support The Site and Channel
If you like my sites and Youtube Channel
, consider supporting me on Patreon
to help me to continue.
Back to The Top
Check Out My Youtube Channel!
We now have a Youtube Channel with over 50 guides in video format to go along with the huge site I've already created. Check it out and consider subscribing if you like my style.