The Sims 4 Skiing
Learn to Ski in The Sims 4 Snowy Escape Expansion Pack
Skiing is a new skill in The Sims 4 Snowy Escape
Skiing is one of three new skill-based activities in The Sims 4 Snowy Escape. This new skill is a fairly simple fun activity but does offer a pair of ski pants, and several new types of skiing equipment. That way, you can do more skiing and maybe make a little side cash blogging about it.
How to: Ski Skill Cheats
Press Control + Shift + C then type testingcheats on and press enter. You can now set your skill level with stats.set_skill_level major_skiing x (fill in 1-10) - we also have a full listing of Sims 4 Cheats and a master list of Cheats in The Sims 4 Snowy Escape
You can buy skis at the Bits and Baubles vending machine in the Yukimatsu area (the mountain top).
To get started, I suggest you spend some money buying a pair of skis at the vending machine in Yukimatsu. From there, you can head to the Bunny Slopes (pictured below). You should know that the ideal mood for gaining skill in skiing is Confident.
The Bunny Slopes are a great place to cut your teeth with the skiing skill.
Your Sim may suck at first, and get sad for a time when they do poorly. I suggest getting at least an energized moodlet before you start, so you can avoid the Sim getting bummed on your first attempt. You can ski carefully to help make sure this doesn't happen.
Skiing Skill Levels & Unlocks
Ski Pants you unlock at level 2... I think.
To be honest, skiing doesn't unlock very much but I doubt anyone expected it to. You'll mostly unlock more skiing as you progress. New skis will be added to your Sim's inventory as they unlock them, and you can click them and 'set preferred skis' to make sure the Sim uses them.
- Level 1 - Can ski on the Bunny Slope and the Easy Slope with low, medium, and high intensity.
- Level 2 - Unlock new ski pants, and can Inquire About Powder Conditions.
- Level 3 - Ski the Intermediate slope with low and medium intensity levels. Research Art of Skiining unlocks on the computer, and Max's Slopemaster 3000 Skis unlock.
- Level 4 - Ski the Expert level slope with low, medium, and high intensity. Prepare for the Moment to get an advantage while skiing, and perform new tricks while skiing (automatically).
- Level 5 - Ludicrous Slope is now accessible with all three intensity levels. Discuss Past Ski Experiences with other Sims, and get a new ski jacket.
- Level 6 - X2 Icebender Skis appear in inventory. New trick animation happens automatically while skiing.
- Level 7 - Blog About Skiing unlocks on computer.
- Level 8 - Deliberate Ski Style with other Sims, and a new unique trick appears while skiing.
- Level 9 - Give Advice on Avoiding Wipeouts to other Sims, and unlock another new trick.
- Level 10 - Coach Skilling with other Sims, Offer Ski Expertise, Teach Ski Class (phone or computer). Unlimited Powder Skis appear in inventory.
From the base of the mountain, it's easy to see the 3 ski slopes in the picture. The easier ones are on the left side while further right increases in difficulty.
Much like Snowboarding, you are able to choose how your Sim will tackle each slope. You can either go cautiously, with a low intensity run, or try to pull off more tricks in a faster high intensity run. High intensity runs drain hunger, hygiene, and fatigue at an accelerated rate. Hunger and hygiene drain is much lower with a low intensity run and should probably be used if you do not want to tire out too quickly while gaining levels.
Teach Ski Classes
Unlike snowboarding with their record video ability, Skiiers get to teach a class to make some extra cash. You'll earn between $600 and $800 depending on the reward/outcome. You find this option on your Sim's phone. If it's not there under the Work category, it's because of the time. You see, you can only do this Monday through Friday from 8AM to 5
Snowy Escape Guides
Acting | Archaeology | Baking | Charisma | Comedy | Cooking | Dancing | DJ Mixing | Fabrication Fishing | Fitness | Flower Arranging | Gardening |
Gourmet Cooking | Guitar | Handiness | Herbalism | Juice Fizzing | Logic | Media Production | Mischief | Mixology | Painting |
Parenting | Photography | Piano | Programming | Robotics Rocket Science | Singing | Vampire Lore | Veterinarian | Video Gaming | Violin | Wellness | Writing
How You Can Support The Site and Channel
If you like my sites and Youtube Channel
, consider supporting me on Patreon
to help me to continue.
Back to The Top
Check Out My Youtube Channel!
We now have a Youtube Channel with over 50 guides in video format to go along with the huge site I've already created. Check it out and consider subscribing if you like my style.