The Sims 4 Skiing
Learn to Ski in The Sims 4 Snowy Escape Expansion Pack
Skiing is a new skill in The Sims 4 Snowy Escape
Skiing is one of three new skill-based activities in The Sims 4 Snowy Escape. This new skill is a fairly simple fun activity but does offer a pair of ski pants, and several new types of skiing equipment. That way, you can do more skiing and maybe make a little side cash blogging about it.
You can buy skis at the Bits and Baubles vending machine in the Yukimatsu area (the mountain top).
To get started, I suggest you spend some money buying a pair of skis at the vending machine in Yukimatsu. From there, you can head to the Bunny Slopes (pictured below). You should know that the ideal mood for gaining skill in skiing is Confident.
The Bunny Slopes are a great place to cut your teeth with the skiing skill.
Your Sim may suck at first, and get sad for a time when they do poorly. I suggest getting at least an energized moodlet before you start, so you can avoid the Sim getting bummed on your first attempt. You can ski carefully to help make sure this doesn't happen.
Skiing Skill Levels & Unlocks
Ski Pants you unlock at level 2... I think.
To be honest, skiing doesn't unlock very much but I doubt anyone expected it to. You'll mostly unlock more skiing as you progress. New skis will be added to your Sim's inventory as they unlock them, and you can click them and 'set preferred skis' to make sure the Sim uses them.
- Level 1 - Can ski on the Bunny Slope and the Easy Slope with low, medium, and high intensity.
- Level 2 - Unlock new ski pants, and can Inquire About Powder Conditions.
- Level 3 - Ski the Intermediate slope with low and medium intensity levels. Research Art of Skiining unlocks on the computer, and Max's Slopemaster 3000 Skis unlock.
- Level 4 - Ski the Expert level slope with low, medium, and high intensity. Prepare for the Moment to get an advantage while skiing, and perform new tricks while skiing (automatically).
- Level 5 - Ludicrous Slope is now accessible with all three intensity levels. Discuss Past Ski Experiences with other Sims, and get a new ski jacket.
- Level 6 - X2 Icebender Skis appear in inventory. New trick animation happens automatically while skiing.
- Level 7 - Blog About Skiing unlocks on computer.
- Level 8 - Deliberate Ski Style with other Sims, and a new unique trick appears while skiing.
- Level 9 - Give Advice on Avoiding Wipeouts to other Sims, and unlock another new trick.
- Level 10 - Coach Skilling with other Sims, Offer Ski Expertise, Teach Ski Class (phone or computer). Unlimited Powder Skis appear in inventory.
From the base of the mountain, it's easy to see the 3 ski slopes in the picture. The easier ones are on the left side while further right increases in difficulty.
Much like Snowboarding, you are able to choose how your Sim will tackle each slope. You can either go cautiously, with a low intensity run, or try to pull off more tricks in a faster high intensity run. High intensity runs drain hunger, hygiene, and fatigue at an accelerated rate. Hunger and hygiene drain is much lower with a low intensity run and should probably be used if you do not want to tire out too quickly while gaining levels.
Teach Ski Classes
Unlike snowboarding with their record video ability, Skiiers get to teach a class to make some extra cash. You'll earn between $600 and $800 depending on the reward/outcome. You find this option on your Sim's phone. If it's not there under the Work category, it's because of the time. You see, you can only do this Monday through Friday from 8AM to 5
Snowy Escape Guides
- Snowy Escape - Learn major features in the new Expansion Pack
- Cheats - Snowy Escape Cheats
- Climb Mt. Komorebi - Summit the Mountain in Snowy Escape.
- Sentiments in Sims 4 & Snowy Escape - a new Sims 4 Base Game feature free for all players.
- Lifestyles - A New Gameplay Feature in the Expansion.
- Rock Climbing - Used for Excursions up Mt. Komorebi
- Skiing - Learn to do tricks, and teach others.
- Snowboarding - Create first person snowboarding videos.
- Hiking - Learn about the new Meditative Walk and Surge Emotions.
- Platforms - a new feature in the free patch with this pack.
Acting | Archaeology | Baking | Charisma | Comedy | Cooking | Dancing | DJ Mixing | Fabrication Fishing | Fitness | Flower Arranging | Gardening | Gourmet Cooking | Guitar | Handiness | Herbalism | Juice Fizzing | Logic | Media Production | Mischief | Mixology | Painting | Parenting | Photography | Piano | Programming | Robotics Rocket Science | Singing | Vampire Lore | Veterinarian | Video Gaming | Violin | Wellness | Writing
Check Out My Youtube Channel!
We now have a Youtube Channel with over 50 guides in video format to go along with the huge site I've already created. Check it out and consider subscribing if you like my style.
Kids can ski and snowboard, but it doesn't look like they can get the skill? My kid had a blast on the bunny slope and gained Motor pretty quick, but he didn't get Snowboarding or Skiing after he maxed Motor. My family lives in the mountaintop neighborhood, and they can walk right over and hit the slopes without a travel screen. And the kid did that one night on his own, I had to cut his adventure short because it was bedtime.
Do snow sports burn calories for Sims?
Sims 4 Paranormal Stuff
Sims 4 Snowy Escape
Sentiments & Platforms (Free Patch!)
Best Mods in Sims 4
I've created a massive List of The Best Mods in The Sims 4 that should be very helpful to new players and those who have not yet explored modding and how much it can do for your gameplay.
Secrets and Other New Stuff
Nifty Knitting is now available. Learn all about the stuff pack on my guide page here.NEW - Nifty Knitting Cheats
New features in the Sims 4 June 2020
The Sims 4 Eco Lifestyle Guide
Eco Footprint: How it Works
Neighborhood Action Plans
How to Cheat in Sims 4 Eco Lifestyle
Civil Designer Career
Insect Farms & Bio Fuel
Fabrication Skill in Eco Lifestyle
Juice Fizzing NEW
Traits and Aspirations in DLC
Gameplay Ideas for Sims 4 Eco Lifestyle
Search my Sims 4 Site
Super Sim Checklist + Other News
This is inspired by a new series in which I start at toddler and gradually take on the major bonuses. Here's a link to the full playlist!
I now have a guide page to Tiny Living Stuff where you can learn about Murphy Beds, the new death, as well as the lot bonuses you'll receive if you manage to keep the size of your lot down with this new pack's Tiny Home Lot Type.
Let's Play Playlist
New I now have a guide to Making Super Sims in The Sims 4. Look for a text version within the next 72h. It won't have THAT much more info but it will help out as a checklist.
This was inspired by a series, "Let's Play a Super Sim" in which I start at toddler and gradually take on the major bonuses. Here's a link to each part for people who are interested. You can also see the Let's Play as a Playlist on Youtube.
Latest Videos and Guides
- Sims 4 Ultimate Gameplay Tips Video
- Lot Traits Updated for all DLC
- 10 Objects that Add Gameplay to The Sims 4
- 10+ Mods That Add or Improve Gameplay in The Sims 4
- Spells List Updated & Info on Charge
- Around the World of Glimmerbrook
- Sims 4 Realm of Magic is Available Now. Here’s My Opinion On the Pack
- The Sims 4 Realm of Magic Features Deep-Dive
- Tutorial: Using The Sims 4’s New Stair Customization Tool
Discover University Expansion
The Sims 4 Discover University has been announced for November 15 for PC/Mac and December 17 for Xbox and Playstation 4 consoles. Click to learn more about the pack, see my summary of the livestream or read our FAQs below.
- New Career Law Career
- New Video Discover University Review
- New Video The Sims 4 Discover University Super Student
- New Engineering Career - Mechanical or Computer
- NEW Student Organizations (University Groups)
- Gameplay Features Guide (Robotics, Secret Society) Video
- Updated! Discover University Cheats
- Updated: Degrees Guide now also features a Scholarships List
- Discover University Features Guide
- Education Career - Professor or Administrator?
- Research and Debate Skill - Convince Others & Debate Guild
- Robotics and Cybernetics
- The Secret Society of Britechester
More videos coming soon!