The Sims 4 Snowy Escape Cheats
Skill and Lifestyle Cheats
Like most Expansions, Snowy Escape has enough going on that it's possible to list cheats. This is also useful so you can see the new ones when you're already well-versed in how to cheat in Sims 4. So let's look at how to cheat the new skills and lifestyles in Snowy Escape!
How to Cheat
Press Control + Shift + C on your keyboard in order to open up a console in the top-left corner of your screen. This is where you type cheats. Players on console can push all four shoulder buttons at once to bring this up. For more details on cheating, see my How to Cheat and our main Cheats list.
The Cheat Sim Info menu, found when you shift-click with Testingcheats On, is what you need to cheat Lifestyles
Enable testingcheats on and you can shift-click Sims (or hover over them and press X+O or A+B depending if you are using a Playstation or Xbox). From there you can click, "Cheat Sim Info" where you'll find two options that allow you to Add or Remove Lifestyles.
Additionally, Lifestyles can be added and removed with the good old traits.equip_trait and traits.remove_trait commands. Use traits.equip_trait trait_Lifestyles_adrenalineseeker to add the Adrenaline Seeker Lifestyle to your Sim. For a full list of Lifestyles and what they do, see my Lifestyles Guide.
Cheating Winter Sports Skills
There are three new skills in Snowy Escape - Snowboarding, Skiing, and Rock Climbing. Each of these can be cheated using Stats.set_skill_level skillcode #. For instance you'd type stats.set_skill_level major_rockclimbing 6 to cheat the rock climbing skill to 6 so that you can climb the tallest walls at Mt. Komorebi. Just be careful you don't fall.
I'll type out level 10 cheats so that you can copy and paste them in the game's command window (Control + V with the console open).
- Stats.Set_Skill_Level Major_RockClimbing 10
- Stats.Set_Skill_Level Major_Skiing 10
- Stats.Set_Skill_Level Major_Snowboarding 10
If these cheats do not work because of your region, try using AdultMajor_ instead of just Major_ before the skill's code name. This applies to all skills in the game.
Cheating SalaryPerson Career
You can promote or demote your Sim in the new "Salary Man" career as long as you've already joined it. Use Careers.Promote CorporateWorker to get an instant promotion and Careers.Demote CorporateWorker. By the way, you can repeatedly enter it by pressing the up arrow on your keyboard just after you hit enter, up enter over and over will let you spam the command.
Cheating the New Aspirations
There are two new Aspirations in The Sims 4 Snowy Escape that you can cheat - both Extreme Sports Enthusiast (to use Snowboarding, Skiing, and Rock Climbing), and the Mt. Komorebi Sightseer aspiration. Use Aspirations.complete_current_milestone, then press up and enter again so you can repeat it 4x to finish both of these aspirations. Alternatively, you can cheat the various reward traits in this pack.
Cheat Reward & CAS Traits
Several new traits come with Snowy Escape. It's possible to use Traits.Equip_Trait x to add a trait, and they can be removed with Traits.Remove_Trait x - use the codes below, where I have also explained the origin of each of these traits.
- Trait_Adventurous - The Adventurous Trait from Create-a-Sim
- Trait_Proper - The Proper Trait from Create-a-Sim
- Trait_Excursion_Mountaineer_Rank1 - Awarded for making it part of the journey on Mt. Komorebi
- Trait_Excursion_Mountaineer_Rank2 - Made it to the top, but with a Silver.
- Trait_Excursion_Mountaineer_Rank3 - Summit Mt. Komorebi with a Gold
- Trait_CorporateWorker_CharismaticCrooner - Reward for a branch of Salaryperson Career
- Trait_CorporateWorker_LegendaryStamina - Reward for the other branch of Salaryperson Career.
- Trait_SurvivalInstinct - Reward for completing Extreme Sports Enthusiast
- Trait_WorldlyKnowledge - Reward for completing Mt. Komorebi Sightseer
- Trait_TownMascot - Maybe you can make your Sim act like a mascot using this?
- Trait_Hidden_RockClimbingGear_HasGear - this is the hidden trait that improves your odds/shows you have equipped Rock Climbing gear. It might work to give you better chances without actually having the gear on.
Snowy Escape Guides
- Snowy Escape - Learn major features in the new Expansion Pack
- Cheats - Snowy Escape Cheats
- Climb Mt. Komorebi - Summit the Mountain in Snowy Escape.
- Sentiments in Sims 4 & Snowy Escape - a new Sims 4 Base Game feature free for all players.
- Lifestyles - A New Gameplay Feature in the Expansion.
- Rock Climbing - Used for Excursions up Mt. Komorebi
- Skiing - Learn to do tricks, and teach others.
- Snowboarding - Create first person snowboarding videos.
- Hiking - Learn about the new Meditative Walk and Surge Emotions.
- Platforms - a new feature in the free patch with this pack.
Check Out My Youtube Channel!
We now have a Youtube Channel with over 50 guides in video format to go along with the huge site I've already created. Check it out and consider subscribing if you like my style.
Perfect! Are there cheats for sentiments?
Cheats for sentiments please!
How can you unlock the 30 x 20 Onsen lot - change it to Residential - thank you
The Charismatic Crooner trait is given at rank 4 of the salaryperson career, before you choose a career branch. I got the Legendary Stamina trait at rank 10 in the Supervisor branch, but I haven't played the other branch, so I don't know if it's also granted for rank 10 there too.
I haven't been able to add lifestyles to child sims. Is that intentional from the game devs, or am I missing a slightly different version of the cheat to use it for them?
I can’t learn the new food recipes from the food stalls help!
I don't know if this is the right place for this information and I'd be surprised if many people don't already know it but I thought I'd share anyway. While on the Mt. Komorebi map, my wife and I clicked on the bathe house (near the top of the mountain) then went into build mode. We then discovered a buildable 50 X 50 lot right next to the bathe house. The lot simply flashed, when we put the pointer on it, which is how we even noticed it. The lot is otherwise simply relatively flat, sparsely filled with (apparently) deciduous trees and only "marked" by a "rusty ol' mailbox".
Can you do the sentiment cheats as well?
relationship.add_bit doesn’t work even with TwistedMexi mod.
Sadly the cheats for snowy escapes aren't working for me. I try different variations of the cheats too and it just doesn't want to cooperate. y'all have any tips?
Perhaps you have mods installed that are altering things? Try doing a game repair if you have no mods and deleting the localthumbcache.package file and see if that helps.
Anyone else notice that if you have the space heater on nearby pets fall asleep and won't wake up until it goes off, even if they're really hungry? I think I had to turn off the automatic feature before I could get my pets to wake up and eat.
Sims 4 Paranormal Stuff
Sims 4 Snowy Escape
Sentiments & Platforms (Free Patch!)
Best Mods in Sims 4
I've created a massive List of The Best Mods in The Sims 4 that should be very helpful to new players and those who have not yet explored modding and how much it can do for your gameplay.
Secrets and Other New Stuff
Nifty Knitting is now available. Learn all about the stuff pack on my guide page here.NEW - Nifty Knitting Cheats
New features in the Sims 4 June 2020
The Sims 4 Eco Lifestyle Guide
Eco Footprint: How it Works
Neighborhood Action Plans
How to Cheat in Sims 4 Eco Lifestyle
Civil Designer Career
Insect Farms & Bio Fuel
Fabrication Skill in Eco Lifestyle
Juice Fizzing NEW
Traits and Aspirations in DLC
Gameplay Ideas for Sims 4 Eco Lifestyle
Search my Sims 4 Site
Sims 4 Packs & DLC
Super Sim Checklist + Other News
This is inspired by a new series in which I start at toddler and gradually take on the major bonuses. Here's a link to the full playlist!
I now have a guide page to Tiny Living Stuff where you can learn about Murphy Beds, the new death, as well as the lot bonuses you'll receive if you manage to keep the size of your lot down with this new pack's Tiny Home Lot Type.
Let's Play Playlist
New I now have a guide to Making Super Sims in The Sims 4. Look for a text version within the next 72h. It won't have THAT much more info but it will help out as a checklist.
This was inspired by a series, "Let's Play a Super Sim" in which I start at toddler and gradually take on the major bonuses. Here's a link to each part for people who are interested. You can also see the Let's Play as a Playlist on Youtube.
Latest Videos and Guides
- Sims 4 Ultimate Gameplay Tips Video
- Lot Traits Updated for all DLC
- 10 Objects that Add Gameplay to The Sims 4
- 10+ Mods That Add or Improve Gameplay in The Sims 4
- Spells List Updated & Info on Charge
- Around the World of Glimmerbrook
- Sims 4 Realm of Magic is Available Now. Here’s My Opinion On the Pack
- The Sims 4 Realm of Magic Features Deep-Dive
- Tutorial: Using The Sims 4’s New Stair Customization Tool
Discover University Expansion
The Sims 4 Discover University has been announced for November 15 for PC/Mac and December 17 for Xbox and Playstation 4 consoles. Click to learn more about the pack, see my summary of the livestream or read our FAQs below.
- New Career Law Career
- New Video Discover University Review
- New Video The Sims 4 Discover University Super Student
- New Engineering Career - Mechanical or Computer
- NEW Student Organizations (University Groups)
- Gameplay Features Guide (Robotics, Secret Society) Video
- Updated! Discover University Cheats
- Updated: Degrees Guide now also features a Scholarships List
- Discover University Features Guide
- Education Career - Professor or Administrator?
- Research and Debate Skill - Convince Others & Debate Guild
- Robotics and Cybernetics
- The Secret Society of Britechester
More videos coming soon!