The Sims 4 Career Cheats
Getting Promotions and Unlocking Career Items
Cheating your Career in The Sims 4 may help you to avoid the repetition of going through the same career track again and again. It's also possible to unlock items in buy mode that are restricted to Sims who have achieved a particular career level. Here's a guide to cheating every career in The Sims 4:
Getting Started: Open the Console
Press Control + Shift + C on your keyboard to open the comamnd line - type testingcheats on to ensure any cheat that you use will work (some require this). After you hit enter, this can be closed pressing control shift C again or hitting Esc when it is in focus.
Unlock Buy Mode Objects
bb.ignoregameplayunlocksentitlement (Ignore Gameplay Unlocks Entitlement all run together) will take the requirements off build/buy items such as high-end easels, computers, and career-specific furniture that cannot be purchased without having a high level in a career. These items are typically given free when a Sim is promoted in a given career (found in the family inventory) but can be purchased (usually for a premium price).
Type careers.promote x replacing x with the career of your choice. You can also hit up on the keyboard after you hit enter, and re-enter it a second time quickly. This is how you can go up multiple levels without re-typing it.
- careers.promote actor Actor/Actress Career (Get Famous Expansion)
- careers.promote astronaut Astronaut Career
- careers.promote athletic Athlete Career
- careers.promote business Business Career
- careers.promote conservationist Conservationist Career (Island Living Expansion)
- careers.promote criminal Criminal Career
- careers.promote adult_critic Critic Career (City Living Expansion)
- careers.promote culinary Culinary Career
- careers.promote detective Detective Career (Get to Work Expansion)
- careers.promote doctor Doctor Career (Get to Work Expansion)
- careers.promote entertainer Entertainer Career
- careers.promote adult_freelancer_artist try also adult_freelancer_agency_artist (this one doesn't work for me, the first does) Freelance Artist
- careers.promote adult_freelancer_agency_programmer Freelance Programmer
- careers.promote adult_freelancer_agency_writer Freelance Writer
- careers.promote adult_gardener Gardener Career (Seasons Expansion)
- careers.promote military Military Career Strangerville Game Pack
- careers.promote painter Painter Career
- careers.promote activist Politics Career (City Living Expansion)
- careers.promote adult_active_scientist Scientist Career** (Get to Work Expansion)
- careers.promote scout Scout (Children/Teens) (Seasons Expansion)
- careers.promote secretagent Secret Agent Career
- careers.promote socialmedia Social Media Career (City Living Expansion)
- careers.promote styleinfluencer Style Influencer Career (from free patch in November 2018)
- careers.promote techguru Tech Guru Career
- careers.promote adult_writer Writer Career
**May be just careers.promote scientist without StrangerVille
Our Latest: Let's Play a Beach Bum New CAS Story Mode and New Build Cheats Guide New New Patch: Cas Story Mode, New Cheat for Build Objects, and Rebranding New The Sims 3's Skill Challenges Added Tons of Depth News: New CAS Mode Coming One of the Rarest Abilities: Snaggle Fluster Fishing Guide Updated Fishing Update Guide (Video) Island Living Review (Video) Island Living Gameplay Review Mermaids Island Living Cheats Features to Know About in The Sims 4 Island Living Features in Island Living (Video Format) Conservationist Guide Cleaning up Sulani Patch Notes: June 2019 (New Features)
Younger Sims' schooling counts as a career for the purposes of cheating. Raise a Sim's grades with careers.promote gradeschool or careers.promote highschool. You can lower them as well with careers.demote gradeschool/highschool. If you have the Seasons Expansion, you can promote your child in the Scouting career as well, with careers.promote_scout. Players with Get Famous may try careers.promote dramaclub to raise their little one's rank in the new Drama Club feature.
Check Out My Youtube Channel!
We now have a Youtube Channel with over 50 guides in video format to go along with the huge site I've already created. Check it out and consider subscribing if you like my style.
Share Tips and FAQs
Our Sims 4 Community is the place to go for faster answers to questions and discussions about the game. Use the form below to share your own experiences and provide helpful tips to other readers. We are not affiliated with EA and cannot make changes to the game, nor fix bugs.
New Videos and Guides
Armageddon Mod (Mod/CC Reviews).
Latest in The New How To Section : Learn How to Write Songs and Make Money with Music in The Sims 4. Also, How to Get Abducted by Aliens. We have a guide for using Pregnancy Cheats, Get a Job, Adopting a Kid and How to Cheat.
Alien Abduction: I made a Video Guide to Alien Abductions, Alien Babies in The Sims 4 Get to Work.
New How To Section : The new How To's section is updated with How to Get Abducted by Aliens. You can also learn how to use Pregnancy Cheats, Get a Job, Adopting a Kid and How to Cheat. It's meant to help newcomers or those with specific problems and will be greatly expanded over coming months.
Seasons and Guide Updates
We now have a Videos page, where I'll list every submission to our Sims 4 Gameplay Guides Channel. I'm taking feedback seriously, improving recording and sound quality and other issues with my video guides. Let me know what you think and subscribe for more like it. If you comment on the videos page with a request I may bump it higher on my to do list (no promises though!). Here is a listing of all videos released to date, in order of release:
Sims 4 February Patch Summary
Get Famous: Celestial Crystal Crown
Visit My Channel to Subscribe!
Get Famous First Impressions
First Person Mode (Sims 4 Update)
Get Famous Acting Livestream
Livestream Summary (Latest Patch News)
Patch News: COMING SOON
The Sims 4 Get Famous Expansion
Archaeology Guide (Jungle Adventure)
Jungle Adventure Gameplay
Nerd Brain and Computer Whiz
Spa Day Review and Gameplay Guide
The Sims 4 Whims & How to Use Them
Ambrosia Ingredients and Raising the Dead
The Sims 4: Making a Super Sim
The Sims 4 Careers (Improved)
Seasons Holiday Decorations Guide
Cool Kitchen Stuff
How to Woohoo & Try for Baby
Playing a Moocher
Sims 4 Writing Skill
Father Winter's Baby
Flower Shop Seasons/Get to Work Retail