New features in the Sims 4 Patch
The Sims 4 Eco Lifestyle Guide
Eco Footprint: How it Works
Neighborhood Action Plans
How to Cheat in Sims 4 Eco Lifestyle
Traits and Aspirations in DLC
Gameplay Ideas for Sims 4 Eco Lifestyle
The Sims 4 Career Cheats
Getting Promotions and Unlocking Career Items
Cheating your Career in The Sims 4 may help you to avoid the repetition of going through the same career track again and again. It's also possible to unlock items in buy mode that are restricted to Sims who have achieved a particular career level. Here's a guide to cheating every career in The Sims 4:
Getting Started: Open the Console
Press Control + Shift + C on your keyboard to open the comamnd line - type testingcheats on to ensure any cheat that you use will work (some require this). After you hit enter, this can be closed pressing control shift C again or hitting Esc when it is in focus.
Unlock Buy Mode Objects
bb.ignoregameplayunlocksentitlement (Ignore Gameplay Unlocks Entitlement all run together) will take the requirements off build/buy items such as high-end easels, computers, and career-specific furniture that cannot be purchased without having a high level in a career. These items are typically given free when a Sim is promoted in a given career (found in the family inventory) but can be purchased (usually for a premium price).
Type careers.promote x replacing x with the career of your choice. You can also hit up on the keyboard after you hit enter, and re-enter it a second time quickly. This is how you can go up multiple levels without re-typing it.
- careers.promote actor Actor/Actress Career (Get Famous Expansion)
- careers.promote astronaut Astronaut Career
- careers.promote athletic Athlete Career
- careers.promote business Business Career
- careers.promote conservationist Conservationist Career (Island Living Expansion)
- careers.promote criminal Criminal Career
- careers.promote adult_critic Critic Career (City Living Expansion)
- careers.promote culinary Culinary Career
- careers.promote detective Detective Career (Get to Work Expansion)
- careers.promote doctor Doctor Career (Get to Work Expansion)
- careers.promote education Education Career (Discover University)
- careers.promote engineer Engineering Career (Discover University)
- careers.promote entertainer Entertainer Career
- careers.promote adult_freelancer_artist try also adult_freelancer_agency_artist (this one doesn't work for me, the first does) Freelance Artist
- careers.promote adult_freelancer_agency_programmer Freelance Programmer
- careers.promote adult_freelancer_agency_writer Freelance Writer
- careers.promote adult_gardener Gardener Career (Seasons Expansion)
- careers.promote law Law Career (Discover University)
- careers.promote military Military Career Strangerville Game Pack
- careers.promote painter Painter Career
- careers.promote activist Politics Career (City Living Expansion)
- careers.promote adult_active_scientist Scientist Career** (Get to Work Expansion)
- careers.promote scout Scout (Children/Teens) (Seasons Expansion)
- careers.promote secretagent Secret Agent Career
- careers.promote socialmedia Social Media Career (City Living Expansion)
- careers.promote styleinfluencer Style Influencer Career (from free patch in November 2018)
- careers.promote techguru Tech Guru Career
- careers.promote adult_writer Writer Career
**May be just careers.promote scientist without StrangerVille
10 Million Views! My YouTube channel has grown a lot the last 6 months. I now have over 125 videos on Youtube and am nearing 100k subscribers. I'd like to invite people to check out my content and, if you like what I'm doing, subscribe!
Younger Sims' schooling counts as a career for the purposes of cheating. Raise a Sim's grades with careers.promote gradeschool or careers.promote highschool. You can lower them as well with careers.demote gradeschool/highschool. If you have the Seasons Expansion, you can promote your child in the Scouting career as well, with careers.promote_scout. Players with Get Famous may try careers.promote dramaclub to raise their little one's rank in the new Drama Club feature.
Check Out My Youtube Channel!
We now have a Youtube Channel with over 50 guides in video format to go along with the huge site I've already created. Check it out and consider subscribing if you like my style.
New Patch & Eco Lifestyle Guides
Search my Sims 4 Site
Super Sim Checklist + Other News
This is inspired by a new series in which I start at toddler and gradually take on the major bonuses. Here's a link to the full playlist!
I now have a guide page to Tiny Living Stuff where you can learn about Murphy Beds, the new death, as well as the lot bonuses you'll receive if you manage to keep the size of your lot down with this new pack's Tiny Home Lot Type.
Let's Play Playlist
New I now have a guide to Making Super Sims in The Sims 4. Look for a text version within the next 72h. It won't have THAT much more info but it will help out as a checklist.
This was inspired by a series, "Let's Play a Super Sim" in which I start at toddler and gradually take on the major bonuses. Here's a link to each part for people who are interested. You can also see the Let's Play as a Playlist on Youtube.
Latest Videos and Guides
- Sims 4 Ultimate Gameplay Tips Video
- Lot Traits Updated for all DLC
- 10 Objects that Add Gameplay to The Sims 4
- 10+ Mods That Add or Improve Gameplay in The Sims 4
- Spells List Updated & Info on Charge
- Around the World of Glimmerbrook
- Sims 4 Realm of Magic is Available Now. Here’s My Opinion On the Pack
- The Sims 4 Realm of Magic Features Deep-Dive
- Tutorial: Using The Sims 4’s New Stair Customization Tool
Discover University Expansion
The Sims 4 Discover University has been announced for November 15 for PC/Mac and December 17 for Xbox and Playstation 4 consoles. Click to learn more about the pack, see my summary of the livestream or read our FAQs below.
- New Career Law Career
- New Video Discover University Review
- New Video The Sims 4 Discover University Super Student
- New Engineering Career - Mechanical or Computer
- NEW Student Organizations (University Groups)
- Gameplay Features Guide (Robotics, Secret Society) Video
- Updated! Discover University Cheats
- Updated: Degrees Guide now also features a Scholarships List
- Discover University Features Guide
- Education Career - Professor or Administrator?
- Research and Debate Skill - Convince Others & Debate Guild
- Robotics and Cybernetics
- The Secret Society of Britechester
More videos coming soon!