The Sims 4 Jungle Adventure
Exploring the Jungle & Finding the Temple Ruins
Click to Enlarge. There is a large jungle to explore, so let's get started!
Players can explore a large jungle in The Sims 4 Jungle Adventure. Exploring unprepared can be dangerous, so this guide's focus is to help you be prepared and provide some guidance on what to watch for while exploring. Getting started is as simple as using your Sim's phone to 'travel', selecting a cabin in Selvadorada and paying rent for as many days as you can afford. If your focus is going to be exploration, pick something cheap and save money for supplies and antidote if you get poisoned!
Help with the Jungle Adventure Game Pack and its many minor features, focused on an archaeologist..
How to Start: Bring Supplies
Click to Enlarge. Ease your Sim's bladder with these bushes, strewn about the jungle. You can also take a nap inside. I suggest you do that in the opposite order.
Exploring the Jungle in The Sims 4 Jungle Adventure's Selvadorada can be challenging, because your Sims will be far from the comforts of home. Having a tent to sleep in is a huge help (outdoor retreat), but you'll also need food. Taking sack lunches or harvested fruits is recommended. A tent is not absolutely required, as your Sim can nap in a bush (as well as satisfy their bladder need) in order to replenish energy.
How to buy supplies: click the objects on the table to queue up each purchase. Be sure to get a machete, fire foam, and antidotes if available.
Your Sim can get into an awful mood from poor hygiene (or being set on fire), so waterfall in a bottle is the perfect solution. You can buy them at the stands near the bar in the marketplace district. There you will also find emergency items that can save a Sim's life or at least prevent a seriously foul mood
The process of buying these supplies is a bit weird - they're on the table when a Sim shopkeeper is there and the market's open. You click the items individually to purchase them. The items present at the shop change a few times each day.
Click to Enlarge. Clearing a path with a machete. These gates lead from area to area, so clearing them is required to proceed.
Grab a second machete (or more). They are only $120 Simoleons yet save you a lot of trouble should your Sim fumble and lose one while cutting through vines. I highly suggest you get a few of the Waterfall in a Bottle to help your Sim from growing too uncomfortable due to hygiene issues, along with Fire Foam. Your Sim can be immolated, and you don't want to die in a fire because you failed at a trap. Always get Antidotes if you see them available. They seem a tad more rare and can save a Sim's life. I'm not yet sure how easily/often they are acquired but will edit this later.
Click to Enlarge. A Sim under attack by insects. Having repellent on hand allows your Sim to ward them off automatically. You never know what you'll encounter, so buy as many supplies as you can afford.Sims will be attacked at random while in the Jungle. Having a repellent on hand will cause your Sim to automatically use it against this danger. Not only does this stop a nasty negative moodlet, which could lead to the end of your adventure if uncomfortable enough, it also gives your Sim a mood boost from being happy they dodged a bullet. My Sim was happy +1 for 6 hours for evading spiders. it also While the jungle's bees and bats are annoying they are not as dangerous, just an inconvenience. Fire Bat Bait may be more important, just in case they can set you ablaze. We don't yet know what critters might be poisonous!
Where to Begin the Jungle Adventure
Click to Enlarge. Begin your trek into the Jungle by going to Belomisia Trailhead and clear your first bramble-covered gate.
The Jungle is all around us in Selvadorada, but we want a specific place to begin our journey into the unknown. Head to Belomisia Trailhead, located on the western side of the travel screen in Selvadorada, to begin searching places overgrown with brambles. You can clear them with a machete if you took my advice to bring supplies, or your Sim can use their hands and get a little worn out in the process.
Omiscan Royal Baths, a secluded pool hidden in the Selvadoradian Jungle.
What you find behind each area appears to be random, though it may lead to another area altogether. You won't get any loading screens, but will sometimes need to use one of the gateway arches to travel between two areas as they're not traversable by foot. Realize also that you can move the camera overhead to backtrack if you get stuck. You can see very far and use the camera to find out of the way brambles to clear as well as dig sites.
Things to Look For: Treasures and Dig Sites
At top: a treasure chest, which are found randomly in the jungle. Bottom: an excavation site, for use with the Archaeology Skill.
There are a few things to note that you will find or encounter in the Jungle, with some others as yet undiscovered by me. I'll update this with more info as the picture becomes more clear:
- Bramble Covered Gateways - These lead you to other areas, sometimes small areas with items of interest, or secret areas such as the Omiscan Royal Baths. Accessing these sometimes leads to a choose-your-own-adventure popup. Having certain skills can allow you to get a good result, but you may also use supplies to help animals or escape dangers. One unit of that specific supply will be consumed in the process.
- Treasure Chests - Sometimes they're hidden in plain sight. There are a lot of trees, so moving the camera around can reveal chests you might not have noticed.
- Dig Sites - The best artifacts are found deep in the jungle within dig sites. Use the Archaeology skill (automatic) to extract valuable artifacts and treasure. Players will occasionally dig up bone dust, which can be used to save a Sim (only when poisoned). You give it to a local vendor to get the antidote. Find it under the social menu.
- Tree of Emotion - I believe there are at least two of these, maybe more. The berries can help you pass tests inside the Hidden Omiscan Temple.
- Omiscan Royal Baths - A hidden area that is behind a gateway. Swimming in the waters here will make your Sim energized.
- Locked Gates - ????? I do not yet know what is behind these! They state that they may unlock on a future vacation in the Jungle. It may very well be that after clearing one temple you can go back and find them open, ready to be cleared and providing another temple to explore.
Deeper in the Jungle: The Temple
Cross deeper into the jungle. You can use your camera to look for clues as to where to go next.
If you took my advice to bring supplies and maybe a tent, it should not be impossible to find the temple within a day. Simply keep your eyes peeled for all of the gates and explore them. With adequate supplies, you can avoid most of the jungle's most inconvenient obstacles. Since the location of the temple may be completely random, there's no point in me giving you a full walkthrough of the jungle. However, I did notice something that MAY be relevant.
The gateway to the temple had glowing fireflies when my Sim was nearby, and featured this large statue. This may be random, but regardless the temple was rather far in. Don't worry - the locked gates do not block your access to the temple.
Continue on to our guide to exploring The Jungle Temple.
- Exploring the Jungle: Getting Started
- The Temple: Tips and Help Finding Treasure Room
- Archaeology Skill
- Relics Guide - New
Check Out My Youtube Channel!
We now have a Youtube Channel with over 50 guides in video format to go along with the huge site I've already created. Check it out and consider subscribing if you like my style.
This policy contains information about your privacy. By posting, you are declaring that you understand this policy:
- Your name, rating, website address, town, country, state and comment will be publicly displayed if entered.
- Aside from the data entered into these form fields, other stored data about your comment will include:
- Your IP address (not displayed)
- The time/date of your submission (displayed)
- Your email address will not be shared. It is collected for only two reasons:
- Administrative purposes, should a need to contact you arise.
- To inform you of new comments, should you subscribe to receive notifications.
- A cookie may be set on your computer. This is used to remember your inputs. It will expire by itself.
This policy is subject to change at any time and without notice.
At Level 5 of the Culture skill secret menu unlocks on the vendors. Your sim can buy bone dust from there.
totecallama relic + watcher relic base + refined citrine = curses of the ancients, causes sneezing curse - cure, remedy of ancients using bone dust via cooking on bbq
totecallama relic + watcher relic base + refined emerald = curses of the ancients, causes sneezing curse - cure, remedy of ancients using bone dust via cooking on bbq
balampalosh relic + watcher relic base + refine citrine = blessing of wealth
balampalosh relic + watcher relic base + refined rose = blessing of wealth
balampalosh relic + chaos relic base + refined alexandrite = blessing of new relationships (four new random friends)
zazatototl relic + watcher relic base + refined alexandrite = curses of the personal rain cloud
zazatototl relic + watcher relic base + refined emerald = curses of personal rain cloud
I'd also do a Repair Game in Origin (first thing to try after deleting cache file if you have no mods or cc). Right click The Sims 4 in Origin and choose 'Repair Game'
New Patch for November 2019!
Discover University Expansion
The Sims 4 Discover University has been announced for November 15 for PC/Mac and December 17 for Xbox and Playstation 4 consoles. Click to learn more about the pack, see my summary of the livestream or read our FAQs below.
For video info see my Summary of the Sims 4 Discover University Deep Dive Livestream.
- Lot Traits Updated for all DLC
- 10 Objects that Add Gameplay to The Sims 4
- Sims 4 Handiness Video Guide
- Sims 4 Review - Is Gameplay Shallow?
- Sims 4 Vampires Game Pack (Gameplay Review for Halloween)
- 10+ Mods That Add or Improve Gameplay in The Sims 4
- Spells List Updated & Info on Charge
- Around the World of Glimmerbrook
- Sims 4 Realm of Magic is Available Now. Here’s My Opinion On the Pack
- The Sims 4 Realm of Magic Features Deep-Dive
- Tutorial: Using The Sims 4’s New Stair Customization Tool
Realm of Magic
The Sims 4 Realm of Magic comes September 10 for PC/Mac and releases October 15 for Xbox One and Playstation 4. See my Video Guide to Features in Realm of Magic. We've compiled information on upcoming features from developer tweets and used the trailer to try to share everything we know.
- Realm of Magic Guide
- Alchemy Guide with Potions List
- New Aspirations in Realm of Magic: Purveyor of Potions and Spellcraft and Sorcery
- Curses Guide
- Realm of Magic Review Video
- Realm of Magic Tips Video
- Magical Bloodline and Caster Offspring
- Realm of Magic Cheats
- Spellcasters in Realm of Magic
- Spellcaster Perks
- Spells List, Casting & Effects
The Sims 4 Moschino Stuff Review
New: The Sims 4 Moschino Stuff Review - My thoughts on the photography improvements, fashion photographer, and build buy additions in The Sims 4 Moschino Stuff which is available today for PC/Mac.
The Sims 4 Moschino Stuff Pack is available by 12:30-1PM EST for PC/Mac and September 3 for Xbox One and Playstation 4. Click to learn about the new pack, freelance photography and the new clothing. You can also see my announcement video and the game's trailer within that upload.
Search the Site
Sims 4 Packs & DLC
New Videos and Guides
Armageddon Mod (Mod/CC Reviews).
Latest in The New How To Section : Learn How to Write Songs and Make Money with Music in The Sims 4. Also, How to Get Abducted by Aliens. We have a guide for using Pregnancy Cheats, Get a Job, Adopting a Kid and How to Cheat.
Alien Abduction: I made a Video Guide to Alien Abductions, Alien Babies in The Sims 4 Get to Work.
New How To Section : The new How To's section is updated with How to Get Abducted by Aliens. You can also learn how to use Pregnancy Cheats, Get a Job, Adopting a Kid and How to Cheat. It's meant to help newcomers or those with specific problems and will be greatly expanded over coming months.
We now have a Videos page, where I'll list every submission to our Sims 4 Gameplay Guides Channel. I'm taking feedback seriously, improving recording and sound quality and other issues with my video guides. Let me know what you think and subscribe for more like it. If you comment on the videos page with a request I may bump it higher on my to do list (no promises though!). Here is a listing of all videos released to date, in order of release:
Sims 4 February Patch Summary
Get Famous: Celestial Crystal Crown
Visit My Channel to Subscribe!
Get Famous First Impressions
First Person Mode (Sims 4 Update)
Get Famous Acting Livestream
Livestream Summary (Latest Patch News)
Patch News: COMING SOON
The Sims 4 Get Famous Expansion
Archaeology Guide (Jungle Adventure)
Jungle Adventure Gameplay
Nerd Brain and Computer Whiz
Spa Day Review and Gameplay Guide
The Sims 4 Whims & How to Use Them
Ambrosia Ingredients and Raising the Dead
The Sims 4: Making a Super Sim
The Sims 4 Careers (Improved)
Seasons Holiday Decorations Guide
Cool Kitchen Stuff
How to Woohoo & Try for Baby
Playing a Moocher
Sims 4 Writing Skill
Father Winter's Baby
Flower Shop Seasons/Get to Work Retail