The Sims 4 Vampires Game Pack
Guide to Gameplay Additions and Features
The Sims 4 Vampires arrives January 24, 2017 for PC and Mac. Click to enlarge this for a better look - you might even want to use it as a wallpaper!
The Sims 4 Vampires Game Pack arrives January 24, 2017. This new pack allows players to make Vampire Sims, with detailed character creation (down to the fangs and their alternative dark form). Vampires gain ranks, from fledgling to grand master, and pick up new powers along the way. The pack includes a neighborhood, as well as many occult-themed objects with which to decorate the home. This guide to The Sims 4 Vampires will show you the majority of new gameplay features in the pack and lead you to more detailed information that shows you how to become a creature of the night and what to do if your Sim encounters one.
Main Vampire Guides
- Vampires - All about the life state - How to be a Vampire and how their needs, levels, and powers work.
- How to Use Vampires Cheats
- Power Points & Vampires - Improving your Vampire Rank and Power Points
- Powers and Weaknesses - What They Do - Selecting powers and what they do for your Sim.
- Vampire Lore Skill - Learn useful Vampire recipes and defenses
The Sims 4 Vampires: Guides and Features
Becoming and Playing a Vampire (Guide)
In this guide, you'll learn how to become a vampire in the game pack. This new system is rather detailed, allowing players to ascend in power, from playing as a weaker Fledgling, to taking on now abilities and weaknesses as they lose their humanity and become a more powerful Grand Master. Vampires thrive on plasma, which satisfies their thirst, and are weak to sunlight and garlic. Vampires ditch the Energy, Bladder, and Hunger needs for Vampire Energy (which doubles as mana for using abilities but doesn't deplete normally) and Thirst, which must be satisfied by consuming plasma.
You can customize the look of your vampire in Create-a-Sim, choosing the length of their fangs, and how they look when they take on their Dark Form. This second form gives Vampires a nasty evil look and is used to reveal their true nature.
Vampire Ranks & Levels (Guide)
As Vampires use their powers to feed and meditate to recover energy, they gain ranks. Each rank up gives the player points and unlocks extra vampire powers. This guide will teach you about the various ranks of vampire and how you can level up.
Vampire Powers and Weaknesses (Guide)
Vampires in the Game Pack have both powers and weaknesses. For each Vampire Rank you gain, you will accumulate more power points that can be spent on new abilities and perks. However, in order to avoid losing too much humanity, a vampire must adopt weaknesses to balance them out. As they grow stronger in undeath, it is sensible that they may lose the ability to eat regular foods, or hiss uncontrollably. Vampires might learn to turn into a bat or mist in order to get around faster, increase resistance to sunlight, mind control other Sims, or make themselves more attractive. There are many perks to be picked up, and you can supermax beyond Grand Master to learn them all! Read this guide to learn all about Vampires' powers and just what they do.
Vampire Lore (Guide)
There is a new skill in The Sims 4 Vampires. The new Vampire Lore skill lets regular Sims learn about the undead and the ways that they can protect themselves. This knowledge may also serve regular vampires, because they can get the ability to order Plasma Packs, which let them drink blood on the go.
Other Gameplay Features & Additions
- A New Neighborhood Yep, this pack comes with a new neighborhood, too! It is not a full world, but an unique place to build your vampire's lair. Forgotten Hollow looks about as Gothic as you'd expect it to look given the dark theme of the pack (pictured below). This neighborhood is well suited for vampires with its much longer night phase, great for a vampire family.
10 Million Views! My YouTube channel has grown a lot the last 6 months. I now have over 125 videos on Youtube and am nearing 100k subscribers. I'd like to invite people to check out my content and, if you like what I'm doing, subscribe!
Click to Enlarge. Night shots of the forgotten hollow town square and the Vladislaus Straud Mansion, which is home to an ancient Vampire.
- Vampire Visits at Night - While you'll naturally encounter Vampires out and about at night, Vampires can also visit your Sim while they're sleeping, just to get a little drink. Maybe you should turn to the computer to begin learning vampire lore in order to defend against them!
- New Looks: With such a focused pack, you can expect many character customization options in CAS. Players can select from an assortment of new clothing, hair, and even give their vampire the right fangs for the look. Vampire styles range from normal-looking to classic Nosferatu vampires, bald and with pointy ears.
- New Build and Buy Mode Objects: You can decorate your lot, or the new town of Forgotten Hollow, with your own Gothic architecture and incorporate decor fit for a creepy vampire family.
- New Skill - Pipe Organ: Sims can learn to play the organ and become a true master of creepy music. Like other music skills, you can of course license songs to make a little extra money.
- Coffins & Bat Woohoo: Coffin beds are available for Sims, and of course you can woohoo in them - I mean, who would have guessed otherwise... Two Vampires that both have the ability to transform into a bat are able to woohoo right where they stand! Also weird!
- New Aspirations: A few new Vampire Aspirations are included in the Game Pack, which are highly welcome! One allows you to play as a Vampire that doesn't feed on others, another sets you toward being a Grand Master Vampire. Yet another allows you to be rewarded for building a Vampire family. In all, there are three included in the Pack.
- New Plants and Herbs: Plasma Fruit, Garlic, wolfsbane, and Sixam Mosquito Trap seeds. There are a few new types of plants that can be grown in your gardens. You can also find them around in the new world of Forgotten Hollow. These can be used to make potions and garlic wreaths with the Vampire Lore skill.
- Vampire Bloodlines: Sims can be born as a vampire, though their powers will not come out until they are teens, assuming they were lucky (or unlucky) enough to get the gene from mom and dad. They will stop aging at Young Adult, though you can use a birthday cake to advance them to Adult and Elder if you so choose.
The following pictures were taken from the youtube video so that you can get a better look at them. Click to enlarge each of them for a high resolution view.
Other Vampire Guides
- Playing a Vampire, Needs and How To's - How to be a Vampire and how it works.
- How to Use Vampires Cheats
- Power Points & Vampires - Improving your Vampire Rank and Power Points
- Powers and Weaknesses - Selecting powers and what they do.
- Vampire Lore - Learn useful Vampire recipes and defenses
Check Out My Youtube Channel!
We now have a Youtube Channel with over 50 guides in video format to go along with the huge site I've already created. Check it out and consider subscribing if you like my style.
Can two vampires have a vampire baby?
So my vamp had 11 powers (7 actual claimed powers but 2 were at L3) and 11 unused points (and 3 weaknesses) after being cured and them transformed back into a vampire he had no weaknesses and no powers but had 54 points for me to spend.
I LOVE this pack, it's my absolute favorite! <3
Sims 4 Paranormal Stuff
Sims 4 Snowy Escape
Sentiments & Platforms (Free Patch!)
Best Mods in Sims 4
I've created a massive List of The Best Mods in The Sims 4 that should be very helpful to new players and those who have not yet explored modding and how much it can do for your gameplay.
Secrets and Other New Stuff
Nifty Knitting is now available. Learn all about the stuff pack on my guide page here.NEW - Nifty Knitting Cheats
New features in the Sims 4 June 2020
The Sims 4 Eco Lifestyle Guide
Eco Footprint: How it Works
Neighborhood Action Plans
How to Cheat in Sims 4 Eco Lifestyle
Civil Designer Career
Insect Farms & Bio Fuel
Fabrication Skill in Eco Lifestyle
Juice Fizzing NEW
Traits and Aspirations in DLC
Gameplay Ideas for Sims 4 Eco Lifestyle
Search my Sims 4 Site
The Sims 4: Vampires
Super Sim Checklist + Other News
This is inspired by a new series in which I start at toddler and gradually take on the major bonuses. Here's a link to the full playlist!
I now have a guide page to Tiny Living Stuff where you can learn about Murphy Beds, the new death, as well as the lot bonuses you'll receive if you manage to keep the size of your lot down with this new pack's Tiny Home Lot Type.
Let's Play Playlist
New I now have a guide to Making Super Sims in The Sims 4. Look for a text version within the next 72h. It won't have THAT much more info but it will help out as a checklist.
This was inspired by a series, "Let's Play a Super Sim" in which I start at toddler and gradually take on the major bonuses. Here's a link to each part for people who are interested. You can also see the Let's Play as a Playlist on Youtube.
Latest Videos and Guides
- Sims 4 Ultimate Gameplay Tips Video
- Lot Traits Updated for all DLC
- 10 Objects that Add Gameplay to The Sims 4
- 10+ Mods That Add or Improve Gameplay in The Sims 4
- Spells List Updated & Info on Charge
- Around the World of Glimmerbrook
- Sims 4 Realm of Magic is Available Now. Here’s My Opinion On the Pack
- The Sims 4 Realm of Magic Features Deep-Dive
- Tutorial: Using The Sims 4’s New Stair Customization Tool
Discover University Expansion
The Sims 4 Discover University has been announced for November 15 for PC/Mac and December 17 for Xbox and Playstation 4 consoles. Click to learn more about the pack, see my summary of the livestream or read our FAQs below.
- New Career Law Career
- New Video Discover University Review
- New Video The Sims 4 Discover University Super Student
- New Engineering Career - Mechanical or Computer
- NEW Student Organizations (University Groups)
- Gameplay Features Guide (Robotics, Secret Society) Video
- Updated! Discover University Cheats
- Updated: Degrees Guide now also features a Scholarships List
- Discover University Features Guide
- Education Career - Professor or Administrator?
- Research and Debate Skill - Convince Others & Debate Guild
- Robotics and Cybernetics
- The Secret Society of Britechester
More videos coming soon!