- New Aspirations in Realm of Magic: Purveyor of Potions and Spellcraft and Sorcery
- Curses Guide
- Realm of Magic Review Video
- Realm of Magic Tips Video
- Magical Bloodline and Caster Offspring
- Realm of Magic Guide
- Realm of Magic Cheats
- Spellcasters in Realm of Magic
- Spellcaster Perks
- Spells List, Casting & Effects
- Spells List Updated & Info on Charge
- Around the World of Glimmerbrook
- Sims 4 Realm of Magic is Available Now. Here’s My Opinion On the Pack
- The Sims 4 Realm of Magic Features Deep-Dive
- Tutorial: Using The Sims 4’s New Stair Customization Tool
- New Staircase Tool – Sims 4 Maxis Monthly Livestream Recap
The Sims 4: Quick Gardening
Graft and Take Cutting to Get Rare Plants
Taking Cuttings, then Grafting them to existing plants will produce new types of plants, but only in the right combination!
Once you've leveled Gardening to 5, you can begin taking cuttings from plants in your garden and in the wild. These can then be grafted onto other plants. The base plant type determines the type of cutting you get as well as the graft result (so first listed in a plant that has multiple types growing). Having other harvestables growing from a plant doesn't matter, so long as the first one listed is the right type. So a tulip base cutting grafted onto a chrysanthemum base plant will produce bird of paradise.
The base type is what matters, not what else is on the plant. This applies to both grafting and take cutting. The base here is Orchid.
You can take cutting from either type of plant in this list and graft it onto the other. It works in both directions. Some plants grow faster than others, however, so I've listed them in such a way that the one you'll graft it onto is the faster-growing type of plant.
Common Plant Grafting
Why mess with those from seed packets? Well, the new fruit will be of the same quality as the base plant. So you can skip several evolution levels by getting it from grafting, while getting Gardening Skill XP in the process.
- Grape (Common) - Graft Bluebell onto Strawberry
- Parsley (Common) - Graft Sage onto Basil
- Plantain (Common) - Graft Pear onto Lemon
Rare Plant Grafting
- Bird of Paradise (Rare) - Graft Tulip onto Chrysanthemum.
- Bonsai Buds (Rare) - Graft Daisy onto Strawberry.
- Bonsai Buds (Rare) - Graft Roses onto Grape.
- Pomegranate (Rare) - Graft Cherry onto Apple.
- Dragonfruit (Rare) - Graft Snapdragon onto Strawberry.
- Cow Berry (Rare) - Graft Dragonfruit onto Snapdragon.
- Orchid (Rare) - Graft Lily onto Snapdragon.
- Death Flower (Rare) - Graft Pomegranate onto Orchid.
Getting a death flower can be extrapolated by using the above info, but I'll simplify it for you here:
- Graft Cherry to Apple to make Pomegranate
- Graft Lily to Snapdragon to make Orchid
- Graft Pomegranate to Orchid to make Death Flowers
- Harvest the Death Flowers, Plant one, and enjoy unlimited Death Flowers, which can be given to the Reaper by another Sim to save his target from death!
Learn the locations of all plants with our Gardening Plant List here.
This policy contains information about your privacy. By posting, you are declaring that you understand this policy:
- Your name, rating, website address, town, country, state and comment will be publicly displayed if entered.
- Aside from the data entered into these form fields, other stored data about your comment will include:
- Your IP address (not displayed)
- The time/date of your submission (displayed)
- Your email address will not be shared. It is collected for only two reasons:
- Administrative purposes, should a need to contact you arise.
- To inform you of new comments, should you subscribe to receive notifications.
- A cookie may be set on your computer. This is used to remember your inputs. It will expire by itself.
This policy is subject to change at any time and without notice.
Links to in-game screen shots of cherry tree locations
Here is the open bug report read through to the most recent posts and you'll see that grafting works mostly on home lots so the work around is to harvest wild plants, grow them on your home lot where you can then graft to complete the plant collection etc.
If you're still having problems after updating your game, removing all/any mods and cc and testing in-game and trying a Repair Game option through the Origin Client, follow the link I provided in the above comment to the Bug Report and report it.
Press ctrl+shift+c (for Mac only(i don't know the one for pc sorry)) then type in testing_cheats true, then after that do bb.showhidden items
We do have this guide here there if you are looking for more precise info.
Plant Location Guide
We also have a list on the forum that has all the pop-up stalls info: (Click)
I actually happened to graft this combo last night in my own game and it worked fine so I suggest hovering your mouse over the grafted plant as this will tell you exactly what kind of plant it is.
I’m new to grafting plants etc!
Can someone give me step by step instructions on how to combined the Apple and cherry together and the lily and snapdragon.
So far I planted a lily and fertilised with snapdragon is that right? I need help!
Grow all plants until they are mature and also have your sim get to Level 5 of the gardening skill. At that point your sim will have an option to 'Take a Cutting' when clicking on a plant. So take a cutting from one plant then go to the other plant and the option 'Graft" will appear. When you have multiple cuttings in a sims inventory you can click to expand the stack and hovering over each will give you it's name so you know what cutting came from what plant. Then just follow the grafting guide to figure out what pairings make new plants.
You can graft all plants onto each other to make less overall plants in a sims garden to reduce the work needed but only some graft together to make brand new plants.
So I had only shoots of cherry. It won’t let me plant the shoots? What do I do. I’m trying to make ambrosia you see :)
You can't plants the cuttings, only graft them. Like the Guide above says Cherry>Apple = pomegranate. Then wait till your sims can harvest a pomegranate fruit and plant this; wait until it grows; then graft orchid>pomegranate=death flower.
The plant should say 'spliced plant' when you hover over it also it should say what type of plants are spliced together. If it doesn't display that try saving and restarting your game.
Pomegranates can also be bought from the city fruit vendors if you have City Living.
Realm of Magic
The Sims 4 Realm of Magic comes September 10 for PC/Mac and releases October 15 for Xbox One and Playstation 4. See my Video Guide to Features in Realm of Magic. We've compiled information on upcoming features from developer tweets and used the trailer to try to share everything we know.
NEW - Here is the Text Guide to Realm of Magic.
The Sims 4 Moschino Stuff Review
New: The Sims 4 Moschino Stuff Review - My thoughts on the photography improvements, fashion photographer, and build buy additions in The Sims 4 Moschino Stuff which is available today for PC/Mac.
The Sims 4 Moschino Stuff Pack is available by 12:30-1PM EST for PC/Mac and September 3 for Xbox One and Playstation 4. Click to learn about the new pack, freelance photography and the new clothing. You can also see my announcement video and the game's trailer within that upload.
Search the Site
- Realm of Magic Game Pack
- Island Living Expansion
- Island Living Cheats
- Clean up Sulani
- Get Famous
- Careers and Top Jobs
- Skill Guides
- Get to Work
- Get Together
- City Living
- Cats and Dogs
- Style Influencer
- Terrain Tools
New Videos and Guides
Armageddon Mod (Mod/CC Reviews).
Latest in The New How To Section : Learn How to Write Songs and Make Money with Music in The Sims 4. Also, How to Get Abducted by Aliens. We have a guide for using Pregnancy Cheats, Get a Job, Adopting a Kid and How to Cheat.
Alien Abduction: I made a Video Guide to Alien Abductions, Alien Babies in The Sims 4 Get to Work.
New How To Section : The new How To's section is updated with How to Get Abducted by Aliens. You can also learn how to use Pregnancy Cheats, Get a Job, Adopting a Kid and How to Cheat. It's meant to help newcomers or those with specific problems and will be greatly expanded over coming months.
We now have a Videos page, where I'll list every submission to our Sims 4 Gameplay Guides Channel. I'm taking feedback seriously, improving recording and sound quality and other issues with my video guides. Let me know what you think and subscribe for more like it. If you comment on the videos page with a request I may bump it higher on my to do list (no promises though!). Here is a listing of all videos released to date, in order of release:
Sims 4 February Patch Summary
Get Famous: Celestial Crystal Crown
Visit My Channel to Subscribe!
Get Famous First Impressions
First Person Mode (Sims 4 Update)
Get Famous Acting Livestream
Livestream Summary (Latest Patch News)
Patch News: COMING SOON
The Sims 4 Get Famous Expansion
Archaeology Guide (Jungle Adventure)
Jungle Adventure Gameplay
Nerd Brain and Computer Whiz
Spa Day Review and Gameplay Guide
The Sims 4 Whims & How to Use Them
Ambrosia Ingredients and Raising the Dead
The Sims 4: Making a Super Sim
The Sims 4 Careers (Improved)
Seasons Holiday Decorations Guide
Cool Kitchen Stuff
How to Woohoo & Try for Baby
Playing a Moocher
Sims 4 Writing Skill
Father Winter's Baby
Flower Shop Seasons/Get to Work Retail