The Sims 4 Island Living Cheats
Career, Island, and Mermaid Cheats for the Expansion
Players will inevitably come looking for Cheats for Island Living, The Sims 4's latest Expansion Pack. Whether turning into a Mermaid, turning back into a normal Sim, or getting easy promotions in the new Conservationist Career, I have cheats listed here. We can also let you equip the game's new Child of the Ocean and Child of the Islands Traits on existing Sims. There are also two Rewards Traits reserved for Conservationists.
How to Cheat
Press Control + Shift + C on your keyboard in order to open a cheat console. On Mac, you use Command + shift + C. Playstation and Xbox One players press all four triggers (L1/L2 + R1+R2) at once. From there, type testingcheats on then press enter to ensure you have the ability to do everything. If you need further help with cheats, see my guide: How to Cheat in The Sims 4.
Your Sim can become a Mermaid easily via cheats, but you may wish to remove it. We've got that, too!
You can add the Mermaid Trait to your Sim using the above testing cheats then typing Traits.Equip_Trait Trait_OccultMermaid. Similarly, you can return a Sim back to human by using the Traits.Remove_Trait Trait_OccultMermaid cheat. These can be a little buggy. I suggest you make the conversion on land, so that you don't have to do anything special to make your Sim change to and from. I experienced some strangeness when I did this. This is the reality of cheating, eh?
BB.ShowHiddenObjects allows you to purchase Kelp directly from Buy Mode. Have your Sim eat this to transform into a Mermaid.
Another way to do this and let the game engine handle transformation is to use testing cheats and type bb.ShowHiddenObjects. Do this in Live Mode. Now, head into buy mode and do a text search for Kelp. You'll find Mermadic Kelp in the build/buy menu and can place one on the ground. They look a bit more like a fruit but I digress. You can then have your Sim eat it, get a 24-hour moodlet and instantly transform into a mermaid. You should be able to confirm you have the powers of a mermaid by clicking your Sim and using the Mermaid menu or simply going into the water to see if the Sim transforms into a Mermaid.
Conservationist Career Cheats
The Islands of Sulani are beautiful but delicate. Environmental concerns fall on the Conservationist Career Track.
Conservationist is one of the easiest to find - do the above and type Careers.Promote Conservationist. Midway through the career, you'll decide whether you want to be a Marine Biologist or Environmental Manager.
Part Time Jobs in Island Living
Island Living includes a few new Part-Time Jobs your Sims can select. They include Diving Instructor, Fisherman, and Lifeguard. In addition to these, all Part-Time Jobs from the Sims 4 Base Game can now be used by Adults and Elders, not just teens.
Island Living adds a few part-time jobs to the game. These are low-responsibility (and low paying) jobs that will not take much of your time but provide a small income. Good for elders, or Sims who have plenty of money from Skills but want something different to do. You can use Careers.Promote PartTime_Diver for the Dive Instructor Career, Careers.Promote PartTime_Fisherman for the new Fisherman Career, or Careers.Promote PartTime_Lifeguard for Lifeguard. Each of these only has 3 ranks, with the final providing a livable but low income.
Island Living Trait Cheats
Four new traits are in the Expansion - Child of the Islands and Child of the Ocean can both be equipped when you Create-a-Sim. Natural Speaker and Friend of the Sea are both rewards for the Conservationist Career.
There are a total of four traits I felt needed to be immediately listed, but others are under investigation. Use Traits.Equip_Trait TraitCode to add a trait to a Sim, or Traits.Remove_Trait TraitCode to remove a trait. Here are the trait codes and a little of what they do:
- Trait_IslandAncestors - The new Child of the Islands Trait. These Sims can summon Elementals (special ghosts) who will deliver judgment upon them based on how well they take care of the island. They experience a deep personal connection to Sulani.
- Trait_ChildofTheOcean - The new Child of the Ocean Trait. This one makes Sims prefer aquatic activities and gives them a happy moodlet while doing so. The sea give them peace.
- Trait_NaturalSpeaker - This is the Natural Speaker reward trait for completing the Conservationist Career and selecting the Environmental Manager branch. This trait gives Sim an ability to enthuse and spread awareness of environmental causes, and finds more grant applications accepted in order to create environmental laws relating to the Island of Sulani.
- Trait_FriendOfTheSea - This is the Master of the Sea Reward Trait for completing the Conservationist Career and selecting Marine Biologist instead. It gives you a bonus when building friendships with dolphins and Mermaids around Sulani. They also get a move speed boost when traveling the Oceans.
Control The Island's Appearance (Conservation)
You may be aware there is a quest of sorts to Clean Up The Island, and naturally there are cheats for that. However, you'll require TwistedMexi's AllCheats mod which can be found here. The cheat to control the stage of the quest requires testingcheats on.
To change the stage, type one of the following:
- Narrative.Start_Narrative Narrative_IslandConservation_Stage_Starting
- Narrative.Start_Narrative Narrative_IslandConservation_Stage_Intermediate
- Narrative.Start_Narrative Narrative_IslandConservation_Stage_Final
- Your name, rating, website address, town, country, state and comment will be publicly displayed if entered.
- Aside from the data entered into these form fields, other stored data about your comment will include:
- Your IP address (not displayed)
- The time/date of your submission (displayed)
- Your email address will not be shared. It is collected for only two reasons:
- Administrative purposes, should a need to contact you arise.
- To inform you of new comments, should you subscribe to receive notifications.
- A cookie may be set on your computer. This is used to remember your inputs. It will expire by itself.
Trigger a Volcano
Volcanic Eruptions can be triggered via cheating. These make the regular camera shake, but if you tab to the cinematic camera you can get some decent footage.
You can trigger volcanic activity by typing, Volcanic_Eruption Small or Volcanic_Eruption Large. These eruptions may spew lava rocks, which can set your Sim on fire if touched before they cool. Once they cool, they can be told to be a decorative item, or you can break them open for collectibles.
I'm still learning about the Expansion myself, so expect this page to grow if there are more interesting cheats to discover. Check back as I'll be covering the Sims 4 Island Living all the way through July 1 in both video and text formats. Thanks for reading!
Other Island Living Guides
The Sims 4 Island Living Expansion Pack
Mermaids in Island Living New
Mermaids Video New
Island Living Gameplay Review
Island Living Cheats
Features to Know About in The Sims 4 Island Living
Features in Island Living (Video Format) NEW
Conservationist Career Guide
Conservationist Video Guide
Cleaning Up The Island - How it Works and What's Best
Child of the Islands Trait New
Child of the Ocean Trait New
Using New Foundations, Clear Floors, and Other Build Mode Items
Check Out My Youtube Channel!
We now have a Youtube Channel with over 50 guides in video format to go along with the huge site I've already created. Check it out and consider subscribing if you like my style.
This policy contains information about your privacy. By posting, you are declaring that you understand this policy:
This policy is subject to change at any time and without notice.
Baby Sitter = babysitter
Barista = barista
Fast Food = fastfood
Manual Laborer = manual
Retail = teen_retail
Thank you so much for making the game more fun for me.
DO NOT do the mermaid conversion cheat while yr sim is already another occult one. My sim was a witch and i did the cheat and she glitched, causing her legs to disappear and no mermaid tail to show up. Debugging & relogging did not fix it. :/
Is there in some other way you can become a human from a mermaid? like in CAS with the cas.fulleditmode cheat or with an elixir? Please I need help xD
Just eat one mermadic kelp, this will change your sim back to human. Eat another one and enter water and your sim will be a mermaid again, and so on and so on. You can buy it with 500 Satisfaction points if you can't find any in the world.
The cheat for satisfaction points can be found on the main cheats guide page here (click)
New Patch for November 2019!
Discover University Expansion
The Sims 4 Discover University has been announced for November 15 for PC/Mac and December 17 for Xbox and Playstation 4 consoles. Click to learn more about the pack, see my summary of the livestream or read our FAQs below.
For video info see my Summary of the Sims 4 Discover University Deep Dive Livestream.
- Lot Traits Updated for all DLC
- 10 Objects that Add Gameplay to The Sims 4
- 10+ Mods That Add or Improve Gameplay in The Sims 4
- Spells List Updated & Info on Charge
- Around the World of Glimmerbrook
- Sims 4 Realm of Magic is Available Now. Here’s My Opinion On the Pack
- The Sims 4 Realm of Magic Features Deep-Dive
- Tutorial: Using The Sims 4’s New Stair Customization Tool
Realm of Magic
Search the Site
- The Sims 4 Island Living Expansion Pack
- Mermaids in Island Living
- Island Living Cheats
- Features to Know About in The Sims 4 Island Living
- Features in Island Living (Video Format)
- Conservationist Career Guide
- Cleaning Up The Island - How it Works and What's Best
- Using New Foundations, Clear Floors, and Other Build Mode Items
We now have a Videos page, where I'll list every submission to our Sims 4 Gameplay Guides Channel. I'm taking feedback seriously, improving recording and sound quality and other issues with my video guides. Let me know what you think and subscribe for more like it. If you comment on the videos page with a request I may bump it higher on my to do list (no promises though!). Here is a listing of all videos released to date, in order of release:
Sims 4 February Patch Summary
Get Famous: Celestial Crystal Crown
Visit My Channel to Subscribe!
Get Famous First Impressions
First Person Mode (Sims 4 Update)
Get Famous Acting Livestream
Livestream Summary (Latest Patch News)
Patch News: COMING SOON
The Sims 4 Get Famous Expansion
Archaeology Guide (Jungle Adventure)
Jungle Adventure Gameplay
Nerd Brain and Computer Whiz
Spa Day Review and Gameplay Guide
The Sims 4 Whims & How to Use Them
Ambrosia Ingredients and Raising the Dead
The Sims 4: Making a Super Sim
The Sims 4 Careers (Improved)
Seasons Holiday Decorations Guide
Cool Kitchen Stuff
How to Woohoo & Try for Baby
Playing a Moocher
Sims 4 Writing Skill
Father Winter's Baby
Flower Shop Seasons/Get to Work Retail