- New Aspirations in Realm of Magic: Purveyor of Potions and Spellcraft and Sorcery
- Curses Guide
- Realm of Magic Review Video
- Realm of Magic Tips Video
- Magical Bloodline and Caster Offspring
- Realm of Magic Guide
- Realm of Magic Cheats
- Spellcasters in Realm of Magic
- Spellcaster Perks
- Spells List, Casting & Effects
- Spells List Updated & Info on Charge
- Around the World of Glimmerbrook
- Sims 4 Realm of Magic is Available Now. Here’s My Opinion On the Pack
- The Sims 4 Realm of Magic Features Deep-Dive
- Tutorial: Using The Sims 4’s New Stair Customization Tool
- New Staircase Tool – Sims 4 Maxis Monthly Livestream Recap
The Sims 4
How to Place New Types of Lots from Packs
Game, Stuff, and Expansion Packs sometimes come with new lot types. This tutorial will teach you how to put them in your game.
If you've just installed a new game or expansion pack and did not get to place a new lot type that came with it, fear not. The process is fairly simple, though not immediately obvious to those who are not familiar with the Gallery. Here are step-by-step instructions for how this is done. The same process is used if you've downloaded some house from the gallery. Click here to learn to build your own houses.
First, load up your save game or go ahead and create your family. Before you select to play a family, you can tinker with the world. If you're in-game and want to do this, hit ESC and Select 'Manage Worlds' and continue from Step 1.
- 1. Press F4 to open the Gallery
- 2. Go to My Library
- 3. On the left, select Content Created by: Maxis
- 4. Look for the new lot type you want to place.
- 5. Select the lot, making note of the lot size and click 'Place Lot' in the bottom right corner.
- 6. Lots that are large enough will be highlighted green. If one isn't large enough, you can go to world select at the top and browse your available neighborhoods. Newcrest is a good choice, because it should start with a lot of empty space. If the lot is huge, say 50x50, you have limited choices and may have to replace a park.
- 7. Once the game is done placing the lot, we want to make sure it's oriented properly. From the map, click the lot and choose Build.
- 8. At the top, click Move Lot and House, then Move Lot.
- 9. Now you can click the curved arrows to rotate the lot so that the entrance is in an appropriate place, for example by the sidewalk.
- 10. You're done! Press F1. Go back to world select by using the top-left menu and pick the neighborhood with the family you intended to play. Click the household, then use the Play button to go back in the game and enjoy the lot you've just placed.
Select where you'll put the lot, either replacing an existing building or putting it in empty space. The free neighborhood of Newcrest is a great place to populate with buildings.
Rotate the lot by clicking this button at the top
This policy contains information about your privacy. By posting, you are declaring that you understand this policy:
- Your name, rating, website address, town, country, state and comment will be publicly displayed if entered.
- Aside from the data entered into these form fields, other stored data about your comment will include:
- Your IP address (not displayed)
- The time/date of your submission (displayed)
- Your email address will not be shared. It is collected for only two reasons:
- Administrative purposes, should a need to contact you arise.
- To inform you of new comments, should you subscribe to receive notifications.
- A cookie may be set on your computer. This is used to remember your inputs. It will expire by itself.
This policy is subject to change at any time and without notice.
Sometimes when you try to place a lot from the Gallery without being in build mode first you get a message like this.
I've tried to place a lot now for a good 5 minutes and it still says building lot. Is this normal to be taking this long. Keep in mind that i have a lot of space on my laptop so that shouldn't be the issue.
How to Save Game files for back up
"bb.moveobjectson" how do I do this and where do I find it.
Realm of Magic
The Sims 4 Realm of Magic comes September 10 for PC/Mac and releases October 15 for Xbox One and Playstation 4. See my Video Guide to Features in Realm of Magic. We've compiled information on upcoming features from developer tweets and used the trailer to try to share everything we know.
NEW - Here is the Text Guide to Realm of Magic.
The Sims 4 Moschino Stuff Review
New: The Sims 4 Moschino Stuff Review - My thoughts on the photography improvements, fashion photographer, and build buy additions in The Sims 4 Moschino Stuff which is available today for PC/Mac.
The Sims 4 Moschino Stuff Pack is available by 12:30-1PM EST for PC/Mac and September 3 for Xbox One and Playstation 4. Click to learn about the new pack, freelance photography and the new clothing. You can also see my announcement video and the game's trailer within that upload.
Search the Site
- Realm of Magic Game Pack
- Island Living Expansion
- Island Living Cheats
- Clean up Sulani
- Get Famous
- Careers and Top Jobs
- Skill Guides
- Get to Work
- Get Together
- City Living
- Cats and Dogs
- Style Influencer
- Terrain Tools
New Videos and Guides
Armageddon Mod (Mod/CC Reviews).
Latest in The New How To Section : Learn How to Write Songs and Make Money with Music in The Sims 4. Also, How to Get Abducted by Aliens. We have a guide for using Pregnancy Cheats, Get a Job, Adopting a Kid and How to Cheat.
Alien Abduction: I made a Video Guide to Alien Abductions, Alien Babies in The Sims 4 Get to Work.
New How To Section : The new How To's section is updated with How to Get Abducted by Aliens. You can also learn how to use Pregnancy Cheats, Get a Job, Adopting a Kid and How to Cheat. It's meant to help newcomers or those with specific problems and will be greatly expanded over coming months.
We now have a Videos page, where I'll list every submission to our Sims 4 Gameplay Guides Channel. I'm taking feedback seriously, improving recording and sound quality and other issues with my video guides. Let me know what you think and subscribe for more like it. If you comment on the videos page with a request I may bump it higher on my to do list (no promises though!). Here is a listing of all videos released to date, in order of release:
Sims 4 February Patch Summary
Get Famous: Celestial Crystal Crown
Visit My Channel to Subscribe!
Get Famous First Impressions
First Person Mode (Sims 4 Update)
Get Famous Acting Livestream
Livestream Summary (Latest Patch News)
Patch News: COMING SOON
The Sims 4 Get Famous Expansion
Archaeology Guide (Jungle Adventure)
Jungle Adventure Gameplay
Nerd Brain and Computer Whiz
Spa Day Review and Gameplay Guide
The Sims 4 Whims & How to Use Them
Ambrosia Ingredients and Raising the Dead
The Sims 4: Making a Super Sim
The Sims 4 Careers (Improved)
Seasons Holiday Decorations Guide
Cool Kitchen Stuff
How to Woohoo & Try for Baby
Playing a Moocher
Sims 4 Writing Skill
Father Winter's Baby
Flower Shop Seasons/Get to Work Retail