The Sims 4
How to Place New Types of Lots from Packs
Game, Stuff, and Expansion Packs sometimes come with new lot types. This tutorial will teach you how to put them in your game.
If you've just installed a new game or expansion pack and did not get to place a new lot type that came with it, fear not. The process is fairly simple, though not immediately obvious to those who are not familiar with the Gallery. Here are step-by-step instructions for how this is done. The same process is used if you've downloaded some house from the gallery. Click here to learn to build your own houses.
First, load up your save game or go ahead and create your family. Before you select to play a family, you can tinker with the world. If you're in-game and want to do this, hit ESC and Select 'Manage Worlds' and continue from Step 1.
- 1. Press F4 to open the Gallery
- 2. Go to My Library
- 3. On the left, select Content Created by: Maxis
- 4. Look for the new lot type you want to place.
- 5. Select the lot, making note of the lot size and click 'Place Lot' in the bottom right corner.
- 6. Lots that are large enough will be highlighted green. If one isn't large enough, you can go to world select at the top and browse your available neighborhoods. Newcrest is a good choice, because it should start with a lot of empty space. If the lot is huge, say 50x50, you have limited choices and may have to replace a park.
- 7. Once the game is done placing the lot, we want to make sure it's oriented properly. From the map, click the lot and choose Build.
- 8. At the top, click Move Lot and House, then Move Lot.
- 9. Now you can click the curved arrows to rotate the lot so that the entrance is in an appropriate place, for example by the sidewalk.
- 10. You're done! Press F1. Go back to world select by using the top-left menu and pick the neighborhood with the family you intended to play. Click the household, then use the Play button to go back in the game and enjoy the lot you've just placed.
Select where you'll put the lot, either replacing an existing building or putting it in empty space. The free neighborhood of Newcrest is a great place to populate with buildings.
Rotate the lot by clicking this button at the top
Sometimes when you try to place a lot from the Gallery without being in build mode first you get a message like this.
I've tried to place a lot now for a good 5 minutes and it still says building lot. Is this normal to be taking this long. Keep in mind that i have a lot of space on my laptop so that shouldn't be the issue.
How to Save Game files for back up
"bb.moveobjectson" how do I do this and where do I find it.
Sims 4 Snowy Escape
Sentiments & Platforms (Free Patch!)
Best Mods in Sims 4
I've created a massive List of The Best Mods in The Sims 4 that should be very helpful to new players and those who have not yet explored modding and how much it can do for your gameplay.
Secrets and Other New Stuff
Nifty Knitting is now available. Learn all about the stuff pack on my guide page here.NEW - Nifty Knitting Cheats
New features in the Sims 4 June 2020
The Sims 4 Eco Lifestyle Guide
Eco Footprint: How it Works
Neighborhood Action Plans
How to Cheat in Sims 4 Eco Lifestyle
Civil Designer Career
Insect Farms & Bio Fuel
Fabrication Skill in Eco Lifestyle
Juice Fizzing NEW
Traits and Aspirations in DLC
Gameplay Ideas for Sims 4 Eco Lifestyle
Search my Sims 4 Site
Super Sim Checklist + Other News
This is inspired by a new series in which I start at toddler and gradually take on the major bonuses. Here's a link to the full playlist!
I now have a guide page to Tiny Living Stuff where you can learn about Murphy Beds, the new death, as well as the lot bonuses you'll receive if you manage to keep the size of your lot down with this new pack's Tiny Home Lot Type.
Let's Play Playlist
New I now have a guide to Making Super Sims in The Sims 4. Look for a text version within the next 72h. It won't have THAT much more info but it will help out as a checklist.
This was inspired by a series, "Let's Play a Super Sim" in which I start at toddler and gradually take on the major bonuses. Here's a link to each part for people who are interested. You can also see the Let's Play as a Playlist on Youtube.
Latest Videos and Guides
- Sims 4 Ultimate Gameplay Tips Video
- Lot Traits Updated for all DLC
- 10 Objects that Add Gameplay to The Sims 4
- 10+ Mods That Add or Improve Gameplay in The Sims 4
- Spells List Updated & Info on Charge
- Around the World of Glimmerbrook
- Sims 4 Realm of Magic is Available Now. Here’s My Opinion On the Pack
- The Sims 4 Realm of Magic Features Deep-Dive
- Tutorial: Using The Sims 4’s New Stair Customization Tool
Discover University Expansion
The Sims 4 Discover University has been announced for November 15 for PC/Mac and December 17 for Xbox and Playstation 4 consoles. Click to learn more about the pack, see my summary of the livestream or read our FAQs below.
- New Career Law Career
- New Video Discover University Review
- New Video The Sims 4 Discover University Super Student
- New Engineering Career - Mechanical or Computer
- NEW Student Organizations (University Groups)
- Gameplay Features Guide (Robotics, Secret Society) Video
- Updated! Discover University Cheats
- Updated: Degrees Guide now also features a Scholarships List
- Discover University Features Guide
- Education Career - Professor or Administrator?
- Research and Debate Skill - Convince Others & Debate Guild
- Robotics and Cybernetics
- The Secret Society of Britechester
More videos coming soon!