The Sims 4
How to Place New Types of Lots from Packs
Game, Stuff, and Expansion Packs sometimes come with new lot types. This tutorial will teach you how to put them in your game.
If you've just installed a new game or expansion pack and did not get to place a new lot type that came with it, fear not. The process is fairly simple, though not immediately obvious to those who are not familiar with the Gallery. Here are step-by-step instructions for how this is done. The same process is used if you've downloaded some house from the gallery. Click here to learn to build your own houses.
First, load up your save game or go ahead and create your family. Before you select to play a family, you can tinker with the world. If you're in-game and want to do this, hit ESC and Select 'Manage Worlds' and continue from Step 1.
- 1. Press F4 to open the Gallery
- 2. Go to My Library
- 3. On the left, select Content Created by: Maxis
- 4. Look for the new lot type you want to place.
- 5. Select the lot, making note of the lot size and click 'Place Lot' in the bottom right corner.
- 6. Lots that are large enough will be highlighted green. If one isn't large enough, you can go to world select at the top and browse your available neighborhoods. Newcrest is a good choice, because it should start with a lot of empty space. If the lot is huge, say 50x50, you have limited choices and may have to replace a park.
- 7. Once the game is done placing the lot, we want to make sure it's oriented properly. From the map, click the lot and choose Build.
- 8. At the top, click Move Lot and House, then Move Lot.
- 9. Now you can click the curved arrows to rotate the lot so that the entrance is in an appropriate place, for example by the sidewalk.
- 10. You're done! Press F1. Go back to world select by using the top-left menu and pick the neighborhood with the family you intended to play. Click the household, then use the Play button to go back in the game and enjoy the lot you've just placed.
Select where you'll put the lot, either replacing an existing building or putting it in empty space. The free neighborhood of Newcrest is a great place to populate with buildings.
Rotate the lot by clicking this button at the top
Share Tips and FAQs (24)
Our Sims 4 Community is the place to go for faster answers to questions and discussions about the game. Use the form below to share your own experiences and provide helpful tips to other readers. We are not affiliated with EA and cannot make changes to the game, nor fix bugs.
Sometimes when you try to place a lot from the Gallery without being in build mode first you get a message like this.
How to Save Game files for back up
"bb.moveobjectson" how do I do this and where do I find it.
New Videos and Guides
Armageddon Mod (Mod/CC Reviews).
Latest in The New How To Section : Learn How to Write Songs and Make Money with Music in The Sims 4. Also, How to Get Abducted by Aliens. We have a guide for using Pregnancy Cheats, Get a Job, Adopting a Kid and How to Cheat.
Alien Abduction: I made a Video Guide to Alien Abductions, Alien Babies in The Sims 4 Get to Work.
New How To Section : The new How To's section is updated with How to Get Abducted by Aliens. You can also learn how to use Pregnancy Cheats, Get a Job, Adopting a Kid and How to Cheat. It's meant to help newcomers or those with specific problems and will be greatly expanded over coming months.
Seasons and Guide Updates
We now have a Videos page, where I'll list every submission to our Sims 4 Gameplay Guides Channel. I'm taking feedback seriously, improving recording and sound quality and other issues with my video guides. Let me know what you think and subscribe for more like it. If you comment on the videos page with a request I may bump it higher on my to do list (no promises though!). Here is a listing of all videos released to date, in order of release:
Sims 4 February Patch Summary
Get Famous: Celestial Crystal Crown
Visit My Channel to Subscribe!
Get Famous First Impressions
First Person Mode (Sims 4 Update)
Get Famous Acting Livestream
Livestream Summary (Latest Patch News)
Patch News: COMING SOON
The Sims 4 Get Famous Expansion
Archaeology Guide (Jungle Adventure)
Jungle Adventure Gameplay
Nerd Brain and Computer Whiz
Spa Day Review and Gameplay Guide
The Sims 4 Whims & How to Use Them
Ambrosia Ingredients and Raising the Dead
The Sims 4: Making a Super Sim
The Sims 4 Careers (Improved)
Seasons Holiday Decorations Guide
Cool Kitchen Stuff
How to Woohoo & Try for Baby
Playing a Moocher
Sims 4 Writing Skill
Father Winter's Baby
Flower Shop Seasons/Get to Work Retail