The Sims 4 June 2019 Patch
New Improvements to the Game ahead of Island Living's Release Date
The Sims 4 Island Living comes June 21, 2019 and with it came a patch that added new features for all players to enjoy. Here is a list of the major updates, with a link to the full patch notes where you can view bugfixes. Our primary goal here is to inform of the following new features:
Randomize Traits Button
A Randomize Traits button has been added to CAS and in the Live Mode Age-Up Molecule. Oh yes, it's now just right there, waiting to be clicked. Over and over and over and over. I can't really believe it either, but here it is. The dark days without this small hero are now just a distant unpleasant memory. From here on out, if you just want to grab-and-go your Sim's personality and get the heck outta CAS, or if you want to add a little challenge to who your Sims might be, it's just one click away. Jeepers, this feels good. Seriously, I've been wanting this forever.
Everyone (even you) gets a FREE LOUNGE CHAIR! That's right, we've added a delightfully Portable Lounge Chair, so you can now lounge by the pool the way you've always wanted: Laid back. With your mind on your Simoleons and your Simoleons on your mind.
It's Pride Month!
Show your pride with some fantastically colorful new clothing. The rainbow leggings are my personal favorite. Nah, maybe the body suit is my favorite. But now that you mention it, I can't stop dressing my Sims in the new t-shirts -- created in partnership with the It Gets Better Project -- so I guess I just love it all! In addition, we've also included a selection of decorative Pride flags for hanging on your Sims' walls. Finally, we've updated our bathroom door sets in-game so that every bathroom door also includes a gender-neutral version for builders, and includes a full suite of color swatches for mixing and matching to your heart's content. Happy Pride Month, everyone!
Or as I like to call them, High Heels for your House. Or House Heels. These things don't need to be limited to just the tropics. Stilts are a great partner in crime to manipulated and flat terrain alike in any biosphere. You can find them in Build Mode alongside all the other regular Foundation types. Now go get your stilt on.
Further Eaves Extension
Now you can pull your Eaves. further.
More Door Colors
Ok, we may have gone a bit overboard here. There are 350 new color swatches spread across all of the doors and arches in the base game catalog. If you've ever wanted matching doors in Light Brown, Reddish Brown, Brown, Dark Brown, Gray, White, or Black, then this is certainly the update for you!
A Couple New Lot Traits
Clothing Optional: This new venue-only lot trait will inspire your Sims to -- you guessed it -- get nude. Off-The-Grid: Now you can live out your nomadic fantasy on any lot. Applying this lot trait will remove your Sim's use of power and running water, but on the upside it keeps your bills down. Keep a lookout for existing objects with the "Works Off-The-Grid" note in the Buy Catalog.
More Toddler Diaper Colors
We added some L'il Swimmies Splashy Diapers! You don't necessarily have to use them for splashing in the water, but that's where our brains were at when we made them. We made these not only in anticipation for Island Living, but we also thought you'd appreciate more swimming options for your toddlers to use in the Seasons Kiddie Pool.
A new Back Float interaction is available for Sims swimming in the pool. Click on that water. Try it out. Take a load off.
Note by Carl: The following doesn't completely invalidate my Fishing Guide but it's clear that many things will need tweaking over the next week. Look for news on the fixes in the sidebar when I'm done. For now, here are the changes to fishing as listed by the SimGurus
A video covering the fishing changes in the patch that came with Island Living. Its impact on the skill is noticeable, and rare collectibles are easier to find. Money making is a bit more even, however reduced.
- We added several new interactions to allow players to fish in different ways and interact with other Sims around fishing activities.
- Sims can perform a few new Fishing-based socials to gain useful info (via UI TNS/Notebook) and push NPCs to Fish.
- Fishing is now joinable.
- Improved fishing interaction tuning and autonomy to make the interaction more efficient and fun.
- Upper skill levels now provide more meaningful rewards, with new Interactions added to Fishing skill levels
- New high skill cast interaction "Angle for Big Catch" increases chance of getting rarer fish.
- New high-skill VFX visuals on Rare fishing spots.
- Ability to now "Mentor Sims in Fishing."
- Fishing UI has improved information, including Notebook info with Bait information.
- Tuning for fish that can be caught is unique per world & more fishing spots added to some of our previously shipped worlds.
- New bait preference system applied to most existing fish that modify catch chances.
Ceiling Fan Updates
Ceiling Fans will now cool a room if you have Seasons and the fan is on. Oh yeah, speaking of which, we also added the ability to turn them On and Off. And while we were at it, we figured we'd make them dry off damp Sims too.
Ceiling Objects Build Sort
We also added a new Ceiling Objects Build sort category to make things like Fans easier to find.
There is now a chance for interesting things to happen to your Sims while swimming, like getting a cramp or losing their suit (eek!). Swimming also now gives your Sims a boost in Fitness skill gain.
Part-Time Jobs Update
And last but not least (you still with me?) all existing Part-Time Jobs are no longer just for Teens. That's right, now elders could work as Fast Food Employees. Young Adults could be Babysitters if they want. Why not? The Part-Time world is your oyster. Oh oh oh -- and one last thing on that note: You can now have two Part-Time Jobs at once and pick between shifts. Wowee.
The original announcement was made here in case you'd like to view the full patch notes.
Check Out My Youtube Channel!
We now have a Youtube Channel with over 50 guides in video format to go along with the huge site I've already created. Check it out and consider subscribing if you like my style.
Sims 4 Paranormal Stuff
Sims 4 Snowy Escape
Sentiments & Platforms (Free Patch!)
Best Mods in Sims 4
I've created a massive List of The Best Mods in The Sims 4 that should be very helpful to new players and those who have not yet explored modding and how much it can do for your gameplay.
Secrets and Other New Stuff
Nifty Knitting is now available. Learn all about the stuff pack on my guide page here.NEW - Nifty Knitting Cheats
New features in the Sims 4 June 2020
The Sims 4 Eco Lifestyle Guide
Eco Footprint: How it Works
Neighborhood Action Plans
How to Cheat in Sims 4 Eco Lifestyle
Civil Designer Career
Insect Farms & Bio Fuel
Fabrication Skill in Eco Lifestyle
Juice Fizzing NEW
Traits and Aspirations in DLC
Gameplay Ideas for Sims 4 Eco Lifestyle
Search my Sims 4 Site
Super Sim Checklist + Other News
This is inspired by a new series in which I start at toddler and gradually take on the major bonuses. Here's a link to the full playlist!
I now have a guide page to Tiny Living Stuff where you can learn about Murphy Beds, the new death, as well as the lot bonuses you'll receive if you manage to keep the size of your lot down with this new pack's Tiny Home Lot Type.
Let's Play Playlist
New I now have a guide to Making Super Sims in The Sims 4. Look for a text version within the next 72h. It won't have THAT much more info but it will help out as a checklist.
This was inspired by a series, "Let's Play a Super Sim" in which I start at toddler and gradually take on the major bonuses. Here's a link to each part for people who are interested. You can also see the Let's Play as a Playlist on Youtube.
Latest Videos and Guides
- Sims 4 Ultimate Gameplay Tips Video
- Lot Traits Updated for all DLC
- 10 Objects that Add Gameplay to The Sims 4
- 10+ Mods That Add or Improve Gameplay in The Sims 4
- Spells List Updated & Info on Charge
- Around the World of Glimmerbrook
- Sims 4 Realm of Magic is Available Now. Here’s My Opinion On the Pack
- The Sims 4 Realm of Magic Features Deep-Dive
- Tutorial: Using The Sims 4’s New Stair Customization Tool
Discover University Expansion
The Sims 4 Discover University has been announced for November 15 for PC/Mac and December 17 for Xbox and Playstation 4 consoles. Click to learn more about the pack, see my summary of the livestream or read our FAQs below.
- New Career Law Career
- New Video Discover University Review
- New Video The Sims 4 Discover University Super Student
- New Engineering Career - Mechanical or Computer
- NEW Student Organizations (University Groups)
- Gameplay Features Guide (Robotics, Secret Society) Video
- Updated! Discover University Cheats
- Updated: Degrees Guide now also features a Scholarships List
- Discover University Features Guide
- Education Career - Professor or Administrator?
- Research and Debate Skill - Convince Others & Debate Guild
- Robotics and Cybernetics
- The Secret Society of Britechester
More videos coming soon!