The Sims 4 Seasons Cheats
Control Weather and Change the Season
The Sims 4 Seasons Expansion includes some unique cheats in the form of weather control, and of course it's possible to cheat your skills. Here's a guide to cheating in Seasons and what you'll need to change the weather. Note that to fully take advantage of these you will need a mod.
How to Cheat
To use cheats in The Sims 4, press Control + Shift + C to toggle the console on and off. For nearly all of the following cheats, you must then type testingcheats on to enable the ability to use them. They're more advanced cheats normally used to debug the game. Press enter after typing the cheat. You can close the console by pressing Control + Shift + C again or hit escape if the box is in focus.
Skill Cheat: Flower Arranging
Seasons only includes one major skill, Flower Arranging. Type either stats.set_skill_level major_flowerarranging 10 or stats.set_skill_level adultmajor_flowerarranging 10, replacing the 10 with the level you'd prefer (10 is the max).
Career Cheats: Gardener and Scout
Two career cheats exist. First, you can make your Sim in the Gardener Career higher level by using careers.promote gardener.
But that isn't all. There' an after-school activity for Children, scouting. You can cheat and give your Sim level 5 (which will earn them the Scouting Aptitude trait and thus permanent increased skill gains). Type Careers.promote scout for each level you'd like to give them. This is useful on repeated playthroughs, as it's annoying to get every badge required for promotion in scouts. It's not hard, per se, just a bit time consuming.
If you like, you can equip the scouting aptitude trait on adults who do not have the opportunity to do scouts. Type traits.equip_trait scoutingaptitude to get the skill gain bonuses only scouts can receive. On that note, there are other traits that can be equipped in Seasons
If you want to add reward traits directly to your Sim without buying them in the store, you can add the following traits with that same traits.equip_trait X cheat we used for scouting aptitude:
- traits.equip_trait coldacclimation - Cold Acclimation - increases resistance to cold weather
- traits.equip_trait heatacclimation - Heat Acclimation - increases resistance to hot weather
- traits.equip_trait burningman - Heatproof - grants immunity to hot weather
- traits.equip_trait iceman - Iceproof - grants immunity to cold weather
- traits.equip_trait stormchaser - Storm Chaser - makes Sims enjoy thunderstorms.
Change the Weather
The Weather Controller can let you change the weather, but with TwistedMexi's All Cheats Mod you can change it quickly using the commands below
Players can change the weather if they install TwistedMexi's All Cheats Mod (Support him on Patreon if you like it). You MUST take the .ts4script file and place it inside your Electronic Arts > The Sims 4 > Mods folder and in game options > other check Script Mods Allowed. Restart your game and the mod will enable these commands.
The cheat to change weather is simply, weather.start_weather_event event_code. There is a very long list of possibilities here, but the majority of players will be happy to know the following:
- weather.start_weather_event weather_sunny_cool - Makes the weather Sunny and Cool (replace cool with cold if you like)
- weather.start_weather_event weather_sunny_warm - Makes the weather Sunny and Warm (replace warm with hot if you like)
- weather.start_weather_event weather_cloudy_cool - Makes the weather Cloudy and Cool (replace cool with cold if you like)
- weather.start_weather_event weather_cloudy_warm - Makes the weather Cloudy and Warm (replace warm with hot if you like)
- weather.start_weather_event weather_sunny_freezing - Makes the weather Sunny but dangerously cold
- weather.start_weather_event weather_sunny_burning - Makes the weather Sunny and dangerously hot
- weather.start_weather_event weather_heatwave - Makes a heatwave (dangerously hot)
- weather.start_weather_event weather_rain_light_cool - Makes the weather a light rain and cool (replace cool with warm or cold)
- weather.start_weather_event weather_rain_storm_cold - Makes a thunderstorm (replace cold with warm if you like)
- weather.start_weather_event weather_rain_heavy_warm - Makes the weather heavy rain and warm (replace with cool or cold if you like)
- weather.start_weather_event weather_snow_light_freezing - Makes the weather snowy but really cold
- weather.start_weather_event weather_snow_heavy_freezing - Makes the weather heavy snow and cold
- weather.start_weather_event weather_sunshower_hot - Sunshowers
- weather.start_weather_event weather_snow_thundersnow - Thundersnow!
Seasons Expansion Guides
Check Out My Youtube Channel!
We now have a Youtube Channel with over 50 guides in video format to go along with the huge site I've already created. Check it out and consider subscribing if you like my style.
This policy contains information about your privacy. By posting, you are declaring that you understand this policy:
- Your name, rating, website address, town, country, state and comment will be publicly displayed if entered.
- Aside from the data entered into these form fields, other stored data about your comment will include:
- Your IP address (not displayed)
- The time/date of your submission (displayed)
- Your email address will not be shared. It is collected for only two reasons:
- Administrative purposes, should a need to contact you arise.
- To inform you of new comments, should you subscribe to receive notifications.
- A cookie may be set on your computer. This is used to remember your inputs. It will expire by itself.
This policy is subject to change at any time and without notice.
I typed in 'testingcheats true' but the weather cheats still don't work for me. What step did I skip?
New Patch for November 2019!
Discover University Expansion
The Sims 4 Discover University has been announced for November 15 for PC/Mac and December 17 for Xbox and Playstation 4 consoles. Click to learn more about the pack, see my summary of the livestream or read our FAQs below.
For video info see my Summary of the Sims 4 Discover University Deep Dive Livestream.
- Lot Traits Updated for all DLC
- 10 Objects that Add Gameplay to The Sims 4
- Sims 4 Handiness Video Guide
- Sims 4 Review - Is Gameplay Shallow?
- Sims 4 Vampires Game Pack (Gameplay Review for Halloween)
- 10+ Mods That Add or Improve Gameplay in The Sims 4
- Spells List Updated & Info on Charge
- Around the World of Glimmerbrook
- Sims 4 Realm of Magic is Available Now. Here’s My Opinion On the Pack
- The Sims 4 Realm of Magic Features Deep-Dive
- Tutorial: Using The Sims 4’s New Stair Customization Tool
Realm of Magic
The Sims 4 Realm of Magic comes September 10 for PC/Mac and releases October 15 for Xbox One and Playstation 4. See my Video Guide to Features in Realm of Magic. We've compiled information on upcoming features from developer tweets and used the trailer to try to share everything we know.
- Realm of Magic Guide
- Alchemy Guide with Potions List
- New Aspirations in Realm of Magic: Purveyor of Potions and Spellcraft and Sorcery
- Curses Guide
- Realm of Magic Review Video
- Realm of Magic Tips Video
- Magical Bloodline and Caster Offspring
- Realm of Magic Cheats
- Spellcasters in Realm of Magic
- Spellcaster Perks
- Spells List, Casting & Effects
The Sims 4 Moschino Stuff Review
New: The Sims 4 Moschino Stuff Review - My thoughts on the photography improvements, fashion photographer, and build buy additions in The Sims 4 Moschino Stuff which is available today for PC/Mac.
The Sims 4 Moschino Stuff Pack is available by 12:30-1PM EST for PC/Mac and September 3 for Xbox One and Playstation 4. Click to learn about the new pack, freelance photography and the new clothing. You can also see my announcement video and the game's trailer within that upload.
Search the Site
- Discover University
- Realm of Magic Game Pack
- Island Living Expansion
- Island Living Cheats
- Clean up Sulani
- Get Famous
- Careers and Top Jobs
- Skill Guides
- Get to Work
- Get Together
- City Living
- Cats and Dogs
- Style Influencer
- Terrain Tools
New Videos and Guides
Armageddon Mod (Mod/CC Reviews).
Latest in The New How To Section : Learn How to Write Songs and Make Money with Music in The Sims 4. Also, How to Get Abducted by Aliens. We have a guide for using Pregnancy Cheats, Get a Job, Adopting a Kid and How to Cheat.
Alien Abduction: I made a Video Guide to Alien Abductions, Alien Babies in The Sims 4 Get to Work.
New How To Section : The new How To's section is updated with How to Get Abducted by Aliens. You can also learn how to use Pregnancy Cheats, Get a Job, Adopting a Kid and How to Cheat. It's meant to help newcomers or those with specific problems and will be greatly expanded over coming months.
We now have a Videos page, where I'll list every submission to our Sims 4 Gameplay Guides Channel. I'm taking feedback seriously, improving recording and sound quality and other issues with my video guides. Let me know what you think and subscribe for more like it. If you comment on the videos page with a request I may bump it higher on my to do list (no promises though!). Here is a listing of all videos released to date, in order of release:
Sims 4 February Patch Summary
Get Famous: Celestial Crystal Crown
Visit My Channel to Subscribe!
Get Famous First Impressions
First Person Mode (Sims 4 Update)
Get Famous Acting Livestream
Livestream Summary (Latest Patch News)
Patch News: COMING SOON
The Sims 4 Get Famous Expansion
Archaeology Guide (Jungle Adventure)
Jungle Adventure Gameplay
Nerd Brain and Computer Whiz
Spa Day Review and Gameplay Guide
The Sims 4 Whims & How to Use Them
Ambrosia Ingredients and Raising the Dead
The Sims 4: Making a Super Sim
The Sims 4 Careers (Improved)
Seasons Holiday Decorations Guide
Cool Kitchen Stuff
How to Woohoo & Try for Baby
Playing a Moocher
Sims 4 Writing Skill
Father Winter's Baby
Flower Shop Seasons/Get to Work Retail