The Sims 4 City Living: Talking Toilet
Objects: Upgrading & Gameplay Features
The infamous Potty Mouth 2.0 was released with The Sims 4 City Living Expansion
The Sims team have always had a sense of humor, so it came as no surprise when they included a talking toilet in The Sims 4 City Living Expansion Pack. Since this versatile object might go overlooked unless you stumble upon it in one of the expensive apartments in San Myshuno, or you live in a rural area and are not aware that city folk have access to this technology, let's look at some of its useful features. That way your Sims can perhaps make a new friend whilst getting their behind cleaned.
Buying a Potty Mouth 2.0
The Potty Mouth 2.0 will set you back 2,000 and some privacy
The Potty Mouth 2.0 talking toilet is found along with the other toilets in buy mode's bathroom area in Objects by Room. You'll pay $2,000 Simoleons for this high-tech crapper. For handy Sims with enough money, it is definitely worth the cost. It comes with a trusty reliability rating of 8, though it can certainly be made to be unbreakable and self-cleaning through handiness upgrades. However it features some nice abilities, particularly when placed in the loo of a loner Sim who doesn't get out much to socialize. Clicking the toilet and selecting Control Panel > Special Effects, you can elect to turn on or off the toilet's bidet show (which makes it behave a bit like a fountain occasionally) and the light show that makes the back glow with LED lights.
Talking to Potty Mouth
First, given the name, you can of course talk to this toilet. As you do so, you will notice the toilet appears in the relationship panel as an acquaintance. You can indeed befriend it, or perhaps verbally abuse it and make your own toilet your worst enemy. Under the Control Panel menu you get when clicking the Potty Mouth, you can change the A.I. voice from male to female at will. You know, in case one is somehow more comfortable to you, given there is an arguably sentient being in the most intimate room of the house, which the NSA has likely compromised.
When talking to the toilet actively, after you've picked friendly chit chat, you can select other options such as 'tell a joke' which bring up some funny dialogues. This is perhaps where the toilet gets its name, given the poop and crapper jokes you'll see in the notification area. Telling a joke won't raise the Comedy skill, which may be a bug, but talking to the toilet does raise Charisma and recovers the Social Need.
Getting a massage while on the toilet is one option, particularly good for athletic types. Other Sims might want to watch some TV or get their bums cleaned!
Potty Mouth 2.0 features three use modes in addition to the normal one. As you converse with it and select 'Use and ?' you will unlock them and discover its capabilities. Each Use command adds an additional, minor feature that occurs while your Sim is on the toilet, but only one can be picked at a time. You should eventually unlock the following:
- Use and Sanitize - This will recover a small (10-15%) portion of your Sim's Hygiene Need. While that's not much, the significant thing here is that for busy Sims it means they do not need to use the sink to wash their hands after using the Potty Mouth. This condenses it down to one action, without taking any extra time.
- Use and Massage - Provides Sims with a 3 hour Energized Moodlet upon using the toilet.
- Use and Watch - Make usage of the Potty Mouth's display to watch one of four programs while going to the potty. What your Sim watches can be customized from another menu under Control Panel.
Use and Watch Functions
Explore My Mods! Color Picker for Builders, Seasons Tuner, Dine Out Reloaded and a Gameplay Overhaul! Like other modders, I've been working to make The Sims 4 a better game. Check out my many mods here!
Watching holographic video while on the toilet. The Sims Studio are clearly made of dreamers.
This situationally useful feature cannot be used in combination with Massage or Sanitize commands. From the Control Panel to the Hologram Display menu, you can pick four different programs that will be displayed on the Potty Mouth 2.0 hologram display. This feature is perhaps a bit more true to life than your average Sims toilet usage, not that I've ever used a tablet to browse reddit while on the toilet. In all seriousness, on tough days Sims seriously needed something to do. It's not like they can read the backs of mouthwash bottles or magazines so in a way this is more realistic. I've gone off track but whatever you pick, selecting Use and Watch will always make your Sim watch that program. The default setting seems to be News:
- Use and Watch News: Selecting to watch news while on the potty will give your Sim a +1 3 hour Focused moodlet.
- Use and Watch Splash: - This setting gives Sims a +1 Playful Moodlet called, "Drained It!" - "Nothing like watching some hoop highlights to make a crappy duty a bit more fun!" I'm quoting that from the game, there's definitely some potty humor here.
- Use and Watch Disco: - Gives a Sim a tiny bump to the Fun need, which will be more significant the lower your bladder need was. It's not an impressive amount - just a few percentage points - but it's rarely very fun to be on a toilet so this is absolutely remarkable.
- Use and Watch Waterfall: - It took me a while to figure this out - Use and Watch Waterfall may actually make your Sim go faster, which very much makes sense.
One handiness upgrade sends out a pulse that wipes out any nearby puddles.
With the Handiness skill, the Potty Mouth 2.0 can gain four upgrades. Most require electronic in addition to common and plumbing upgrade parts - they're some of the most expensive in the game, though it's not too big a hit to the budget.
- Deuce Core Processor Upgrade - Requires Handiness Level 4 - Reduces the rate of electronic breakage on the Potty Mouth so that you don't lose your ability to talk to your friend
- Bio Disintegrator Upgrade - Requires Handiness Level 5 - Makes the toilet self-cleaning
- Thermo-Evaporator Upgrade - Requires Handiness Level 6 - Automatically dries up puddles near the Potty Mouth
- Titanium Pipes Upgrade - Requires Handiness Level 7 - Makes the toilet function unbreakable
How You Can Support The Site and Channel
If you like my sites and Youtube Channel
, consider supporting me on Patreon
to help me to continue.
Back to The Top
Check Out My Youtube Channel!
We now have a Youtube Channel with over 50 guides in video format to go along with the huge site I've already created. Check it out and consider subscribing if you like my style.
Back to Top