The Sims 4: All Game Packs & Their Features
A buyer's guide to Game Packs for The Sims 4. Inclues all major features, and some side attractions you might like to know about. Should help players remember things they have that they don't use, and greatly improve odds you're happy with a pack when you've bought it. That's the goal, anyway...
The Sims 4 Energized Emotion
How to Make Your Sims Very Energized
Being Very Energized while out of the home is another tricky one, as there are fewer options that are commonly found in-game. Sims that have the Active Trait get Energized at times. If you want this Emotion readily, you will need the Fitness Skill to make it easier:
Sims who are energized have a reduced energy decay. This gives them 25-40% more energy for every hour they are energized, depending on whether they are Energized or Very Energized. Ideal mood for Careers was removed in a recent patch, so because of this I believe that Energized is now the best mood for your Sims when they're at work in a typical rabbit hole career like athletic or business. Work from home careers are certainly different but may yet benefit from this mood.
Skill/Career Ideal Moods
How to Get Very Energized
Be Happy and:
- Invigorating Cinnamon Incense +1 for duration (Spa Day)
- Brisk Shower +1 4hrs
- Stealing (Kleptomaniac Trait) +1 2hrs - 8hrs depending on cost of swiped objects
- Eating Protein Plate (unlocks when cooking sim is energized) +1 2-4 hrs
- Drinking Energy Juice (Sim with Active Trait) +1 4hrs
- Drinking Cafe Coffee - Expresso +1 4hrs (Get Together)
- Drinking Protein Shake (Mixology Drink unlocked by fitness skill) +1 4hrs
- Taking Medicine +1 4hrs
- Party Extender Punch (Luxury Party Stuff Pack-unlocks with Mixology Skill) +1 4hrs
- Drinking Coffee (Base Game The Schmapple Coffee Pot) +1 4-6 hrs depending on quality
- Taking a Nap +1 6hrs
- Wearing Owl Hat (Delux Edition Clothing Item) +1 6hrs
- Yoga (Energizing Centering at Home) +1 8hrs (Spa Day)
- Sports Massage (Spa Day) +1 12 hr
- Researching Fitness Tips +2 4hrs
- Run Oolong Tea +2 4hrs
- Vigorator Mixology Drink +2 4hrs
- Exercising while being mentored +2 for duration
- Hearing an Adventure Story (Camp Fire) +2 4hrs (Outdoor Retreat)
- Bath With Muscle Relax Soaks (Spa Day ) +2 8hrs
- Yoga (Energizing Centering at Home) +2 (When Invigorating Cinnamon incense is burning) 8hrs (Spa Day)
- Yoga (Energizing Centering Class) +2 12 hrs (Spa Day)
- Sports Massage (When Invigorating Cinnamon Incense Burning - Spa Day) +2 12hrs
- Energized Essence (Cow Plant) +2 12hrs
- Bath With Muscle Relax Soaks When Invigorating Cinnamon Incense Burning (Spa Day) +2 12hrs
- Energized Club Vibe +1 through to +3 For as long as Club Meeting is Active (Get Together)
- Energized Potion +100 3 hrs
Situations - Game Controlled
- Energized moodlet from Energized Trait +1 4hrs
- Successful Wishing Well Wish for Youthful Vigor +1 4hrs (Romantic Garden)
- Great Trick Slide on Waterslide +1 4hrs (Backyard Stuff Pack)
- Watching Water-sliding sims (Bro Trait) +1 4hrs (Backyard Stuff Pack)
- Exciting School Day +1 8hrs
- Party Time! (Dance Machine Trait) +2 4hrs
- Successful Wishing Well Wish for Youthful Vigor +2 4hrs (Romantic Garden)
- Hiking +2 6hrs (Outdoor Retreat)
Socials - User Directed
- Listening to An Adventure Tale (Camp Fire Interaction) +1 4hrs (Outdoor Retreat)
- Being 'Fired Up' by a sim with the Active Trait +1 4hrs
Items - Auras
- Collected Crystals +1/+2
- Daisy Flowers in bloom +2
- Viewing Energized Posters unlocked form athletic career.
- Poster from Athletic Career Base Game, the Incredible Sports and Road Rival Alpha Posters from Social Media Career City Living.
These are just some of the things that can make a Sim Energized, though there are surely more to be found in the game. Also read the main Emotions Guide to learn how Emotions work - Emotional Auras, what determines the main Emotion, and how to control your Sim's mood at all times.
Check Out My Youtube Channel!
We now have a Youtube Channel with over 50 guides in video format to go along with the huge site I've already created. Check it out and consider subscribing if you like my style.
Game Packs Guide
The Sims 4: All Game Packs & Their Features
Super Sim Checklist + Other News
This is inspired by a new series in which I start at toddler and gradually take on the major bonuses. Here's a link to the full playlist!
I now have a guide page to Tiny Living Stuff where you can learn about Murphy Beds, the new death, as well as the lot bonuses you'll receive if you manage to keep the size of your lot down with this new pack's Tiny Home Lot Type.
Let's Play Playlist
New I now have a guide to Making Super Sims in The Sims 4. Look for a text version within the next 72h. It won't have THAT much more info but it will help out as a checklist.
This was inspired by a series, "Let's Play a Super Sim" in which I start at toddler and gradually take on the major bonuses. Here's a link to each part for people who are interested. You can also see the Let's Play as a Playlist on Youtube.
#1 Making a Top Notch Toddler
#2 Starting Childhood
#3 Finishing Childhood Aspirations
#4 Parenthood Character Values
#5 Teen Goals
#6 Finishing Teen
#7 Max Teen + Clubs and Tiny Living
#8 Adulthood - Vampire + Reward
New #9 Master Vampire
Latest Videos and Guides
- Sims 4 Ultimate Gameplay Tips Video
- Lot Traits Updated for all DLC
- 10 Objects that Add Gameplay to The Sims 4
- 10+ Mods That Add or Improve Gameplay in The Sims 4
- Spells List Updated & Info on Charge
- Around the World of Glimmerbrook
- Sims 4 Realm of Magic is Available Now. Here’s My Opinion On the Pack
- The Sims 4 Realm of Magic Features Deep-Dive
- Tutorial: Using The Sims 4’s New Stair Customization Tool
Discover University Expansion
The Sims 4 Discover University has been announced for November 15 for PC/Mac and December 17 for Xbox and Playstation 4 consoles. Click to learn more about the pack, see my summary of the livestream or read our FAQs below.
- New Career Law Career
- New Video Discover University Review
- New Video The Sims 4 Discover University Super Student
- New Engineering Career - Mechanical or Computer
- NEW Student Organizations (University Groups)
- Gameplay Features Guide (Robotics, Secret Society) Video
- Updated! Discover University Cheats
- Updated: Degrees Guide now also features a Scholarships List
- Discover University Features Guide
- Education Career - Professor or Administrator?
- Research and Debate Skill - Convince Others & Debate Guild
- Robotics and Cybernetics
- The Secret Society of Britechester
More videos coming soon!
New Patch for November 2019!
Realm of Magic
Search the Site
We now have a Videos page, where I'll list every submission to our Sims 4 Gameplay Guides Channel. I'm taking feedback seriously, improving recording and sound quality and other issues with my video guides. Let me know what you think and subscribe for more like it. If you comment on the videos page with a request I may bump it higher on my to do list (no promises though!). Here is a listing of all videos released to date, in order of release:
Sims 4 February Patch Summary
Get Famous: Celestial Crystal Crown
Visit My Channel to Subscribe!
Get Famous First Impressions
First Person Mode (Sims 4 Update)
Get Famous Acting Livestream
Livestream Summary (Latest Patch News)
Patch News: COMING SOON
The Sims 4 Get Famous Expansion
Archaeology Guide (Jungle Adventure)
Jungle Adventure Gameplay
Nerd Brain and Computer Whiz
Spa Day Review and Gameplay Guide
The Sims 4 Whims & How to Use Them
Ambrosia Ingredients and Raising the Dead
The Sims 4: Making a Super Sim
The Sims 4 Careers (Improved)
Seasons Holiday Decorations Guide
Cool Kitchen Stuff
How to Woohoo & Try for Baby
Playing a Moocher
Sims 4 Writing Skill
Father Winter's Baby
Flower Shop Seasons/Get to Work Retail