- New Aspirations in Realm of Magic: Purveyor of Potions and Spellcraft and Sorcery
- Curses Guide
- Realm of Magic Review Video
- Realm of Magic Tips Video
- Magical Bloodline and Caster Offspring
- Realm of Magic Guide
- Realm of Magic Cheats
- Spellcasters in Realm of Magic
- Spellcaster Perks
- Spells List, Casting & Effects
- Spells List Updated & Info on Charge
- Around the World of Glimmerbrook
- Sims 4 Realm of Magic is Available Now. Here’s My Opinion On the Pack
- The Sims 4 Realm of Magic Features Deep-Dive
- Tutorial: Using The Sims 4’s New Stair Customization Tool
- New Staircase Tool – Sims 4 Maxis Monthly Livestream Recap
The Sims 4 Focused Emotion
How to Make Your Sims Very Focused
Sims with the Genius Trait get a Focused Moodlet at random. It is fairly common to get Very Focused while at home because of the easy aura options, but a little harder on the go. Expansions and Game Packs add some extra options that do simplify the process. Here is an exhaustive list of ways that you can get your Sims focused through actions and auras. Longer moodlets are listed toward the bottom of each section. Find things your Sim can do, based on EPs you own and you can stack them until you achieve the mood you desire.
Focused for Skill/Career Ideal Moods
Focused is an Emotion useful in a number of things, namely Handiness, Fishing, Logic, Gardening, Programming, early levels of Astronaut, the Tech Guru Career (both Branches), Criminal Career (Oracle Branch), and Secret Agents (Villain Branch).
How to Get Very Focused
Be Happy and:
- Listen to New Age Music +1 2hrs (Spa Day)
- Playing Video Games +1 2hrs
- Studying a Book +1 2hrs
- Brainstorming on the Invention Constructor (Scientist Active Career) +1 3 hrs (Get To Work)
- Study a Fossil +1 4hrs
- Study an Element +2 4hrs
- Use Telescope +1 4hrs
- Browse Simpedia - Computer +1 4hrs
- Attempt Telepathy (Children as Mental Skill Levels up) +1 4hrs
- Research Gardening (Unlocks at L2) +1 4hrs
- View Bonsai (if it was shaped while focused) +1 4hrs
- View Aquarium (Spa Day) +1 4hrs
- Pondering Chess +1 4hrs
- Playing Chess +1 4hrs ('Logical Move' - stacks on Ponder Chess)
- Focused Club Vibe +1 through to +3 For as long as Club Meeting is Active (Get Together)
- Viewing Focused Art (Mathematical Diagram) +1 4hrs
- Drinking Clear Mind Distillation (Outdoor Retreat) +1/+2 4hrs -6hrs depending on quality
- Calibrating Electroflux Wormhole Generator (Active Scientist Career) +1 4hrs (Get To Work)
- Making Alien Contact (Active Scientist Career) +1 4hrs (Get To Work)
- Practicing Yoga +1 4hrs (Spa Day)
- Yoga (Mind Concentrating at Home) +1 8hrs (Spa Day)
- Beating an Arcade Level +1 4hrs (Get Together)
- Lavender Massage +1 12hrs (Spa day)
- Upgrading Objects (More likely as handiness skill increases) +2 3hrs
- Pitch Black Tea +2 4hrs
- Amygdelight Mixology Drink (Available When Focused) +2 4hrs
- Drinking Clear Mind Distillation - +2 4hrs (Good) - +3 6hrs (Impeccable) (Outdoor Retreat)
- Bath With Soaks (Citrus) +2 8hrs (Spa Day)
- Bath With Soaks (Citrus) and Saffron incense Burning at same time +2 12hrs (Spa Day)
- Being Tutored +2 until tutoring ends
- Being mentored while Playing chess +2 until mentoring ends
- Being Mentored while Learning Handiness +2 until mentoring ends
- Playing Chess +2 4hrs ('Masterful Maneuver ' - replaces 'Logical Move' at higher logic level but still stacks on Ponder Chess)
- Yoga (Mind Concentrating at Home) +2 (When matching incense is burning) 8hrs (Spa Day)
- Yoga (Mind Concentrating Class) +2 12 hrs (Spa Day)
- Focused Essence (Cow Plant) +2 12hrs
- Lavender Massage +2 12hrs With Saffron (Focusing) Incense Burning at same time (Spa day)
- Focused Potion (L10 mixology. Potion Master Reward Trait) +100 3 hrs
- Focused Club Vibe +1 through to +3 For as long as Club Meeting is Active (Get Together)
Situations - Game Controlled (Random Chance)
- Researching Stocks (Computer Interaction - Business Career; Investor Branch) +1 2hrs
- Battling with Void Critters (Children - Kids Room Stuff Pack) +1 2hrs
- Feeling Focused (Genius Trait) +1 4hrs
- Playing Cards +1 4hrs
- Carving a Pumpkin +1 4hrs (Spooky Day)
- Experimenting on the Chemistry Lab (Children) +1 4hrs
- Using Chemical Analyzer (Active Scientist Career) +1 4hrs (Get To Work)
- Filling Out Reports (Computer Interaction - Business Career) +1 4hrs
- Hacking Mainframe (computer Interaction) +1 8hrs
- Personal Mascot (Tech Guru L7 Gamer Branch Chance Card Work Opp) +1 8hrs
- In The Zone (Tech Guru L10 Gamer Branch Chance Card Work Opp) +1 8hrs
- Productive School Day (Children/Teens) +1 8hrs
- Completing Homework (Random School Event. Children-Teens) +1 8hrs
- Browsing Intelligence Database (Secret Agent) +1 2 days
- Being Abducted by Aliens +2 2 hrs (Get To Work)
- Various Outcomes from Rocket Ship Space Exploration +2 4hrs
- Scientific Breakthrough (Active Scientist Career) +2 4hrs (Get To Work)
- Future Cube - Ask About Scientific Mysteries +2 6hrs
- Hiking +2 6hrs (Outdoor Retreat)
- Discuss Cognitive Focusing Techniques (Wellness Skill) - Listening Sim +1 4hrs (Spa Day)
- Sharing Astronomy Knowledge +1 6hrs (Outdoor Retreat)
- Masterpiece Pumpkins +2
- All Elements +3
- Mathematical Diagrams from +2 through to +3 (Masterpiece)
- Reward Lamps: Into the Future and University +4
- Telescope prints +2
- Microscope Prints from +1 (The Drifter) through to +2 (Blemish Blossom)
- Space prints +2
- Saffron Incense +1 for duration (Spa Day)
- Clay in the Grid and Geometric shapes +2
- Emotion Paintings From Completing Painter Extraordinaire Aspiration
These are just some of the things that can make a Sim Focused, though there are surely more to be found in the game. Also read the main Emotions Guide to learn how Emotions work - Emotional Auras, what determines the main Emotion, and how to control your Sim's mood at all times.
Check Out My Youtube Channel!
We now have a Youtube Channel with over 50 guides in video format to go along with the huge site I've already created. Check it out and consider subscribing if you like my style.
This policy contains information about your privacy. By posting, you are declaring that you understand this policy:
- Your name, rating, website address, town, country, state and comment will be publicly displayed if entered.
- Aside from the data entered into these form fields, other stored data about your comment will include:
- Your IP address (not displayed)
- The time/date of your submission (displayed)
- Your email address will not be shared. It is collected for only two reasons:
- Administrative purposes, should a need to contact you arise.
- To inform you of new comments, should you subscribe to receive notifications.
- A cookie may be set on your computer. This is used to remember your inputs. It will expire by itself.
This policy is subject to change at any time and without notice.
On starting up your game again attempt to write a book, if the sim is still doing nothing cancel the action and then sell the pc and buy another.
Realm of Magic
The Sims 4 Realm of Magic comes September 10 for PC/Mac and releases October 15 for Xbox One and Playstation 4. See my Video Guide to Features in Realm of Magic. We've compiled information on upcoming features from developer tweets and used the trailer to try to share everything we know.
NEW - Here is the Text Guide to Realm of Magic.
The Sims 4 Moschino Stuff Review
New: The Sims 4 Moschino Stuff Review - My thoughts on the photography improvements, fashion photographer, and build buy additions in The Sims 4 Moschino Stuff which is available today for PC/Mac.
The Sims 4 Moschino Stuff Pack is available by 12:30-1PM EST for PC/Mac and September 3 for Xbox One and Playstation 4. Click to learn about the new pack, freelance photography and the new clothing. You can also see my announcement video and the game's trailer within that upload.
Search the Site
New Videos and Guides
Armageddon Mod (Mod/CC Reviews).
Latest in The New How To Section : Learn How to Write Songs and Make Money with Music in The Sims 4. Also, How to Get Abducted by Aliens. We have a guide for using Pregnancy Cheats, Get a Job, Adopting a Kid and How to Cheat.
Alien Abduction: I made a Video Guide to Alien Abductions, Alien Babies in The Sims 4 Get to Work.
New How To Section : The new How To's section is updated with How to Get Abducted by Aliens. You can also learn how to use Pregnancy Cheats, Get a Job, Adopting a Kid and How to Cheat. It's meant to help newcomers or those with specific problems and will be greatly expanded over coming months.
We now have a Videos page, where I'll list every submission to our Sims 4 Gameplay Guides Channel. I'm taking feedback seriously, improving recording and sound quality and other issues with my video guides. Let me know what you think and subscribe for more like it. If you comment on the videos page with a request I may bump it higher on my to do list (no promises though!). Here is a listing of all videos released to date, in order of release:
Sims 4 February Patch Summary
Get Famous: Celestial Crystal Crown
Visit My Channel to Subscribe!
Get Famous First Impressions
First Person Mode (Sims 4 Update)
Get Famous Acting Livestream
Livestream Summary (Latest Patch News)
Patch News: COMING SOON
The Sims 4 Get Famous Expansion
Archaeology Guide (Jungle Adventure)
Jungle Adventure Gameplay
Nerd Brain and Computer Whiz
Spa Day Review and Gameplay Guide
The Sims 4 Whims & How to Use Them
Ambrosia Ingredients and Raising the Dead
The Sims 4: Making a Super Sim
The Sims 4 Careers (Improved)
Seasons Holiday Decorations Guide
Cool Kitchen Stuff
How to Woohoo & Try for Baby
Playing a Moocher
Sims 4 Writing Skill
Father Winter's Baby
Flower Shop Seasons/Get to Work Retail