News My YouTube channel has grown a lot the last 6 months. I now have over 100 videos on Youtube and am nearing 50k subscribers. I'd like to invite people to check out my content and, if you like what I'm doing, subscribe!
The Sims 4 Dine Out Game Pack
Getting Started with Restaurants
You can place pre-built restaurants from The Sims Studio or the Gallery or make your own from scratch.
Dine Out lets you own and operate restaurants, but when you start the game there aren't any restaurants in the neighborhoods. Thankfully, the game ships with several of various types and you will eventually find plenty of luxurious (or down home) restaurant lots on the Gallery. For now, to begin using the pack, you should either Start a Restaurant from Scratch or place one of the pre-existing types into one of the five currently available neighborhoods. You will want to do this anyway, so that your Sims have a place to visit and dine for dates and group outings.
Hit ESC to open the menu once you've loaded up your game. You can now select 'Manage Worlds'.
The game should notify you that a restaurant is available - Chez Llama. You can select almost any open lot and it'll fit, but those highlighted green are the correct dimensions.
You get to choose whether you want this restaurant to be furnished or unfurnished. If you want to skip building one of your own, go with furnished.
Shortly after release, even more restaurants will be available in the Gallery.
Now you may want to place more restaurants. After all, there are six to choose from! Head to 'My Library' in the Gallery where EA organizes the pre-created lots, as well as your own creations. If you filter by pack on the bottom left, you can see only restaurants. Additionally, if you type 'restaurant' in the top right, you can see these.
Naturally Sims can visit restaurants for family night, dates, and club gatherings with the Get Together Expansion. However you can also build your own and purchase the existing restaurants you placed. Restaurants can operate without your Sim being there, so are a source of passive income. See the next guide in this series, "Making a Restaurant to learn more.
Other Dine Out Guides
- Placing a Restaurant - How to use the new restaurants
- Making a Restaurant - Making a new restaurant from scratch
- Staff - Managing the staff of a restaurant you own
- Run/Own the Restaurant - advice for managing the restaurant as Owner
- Advertising, Customers & Critics Dealing with customers, and utilizing advertising
- Menu Guide, Markup & Food Difficulty - Selecting a proper markup for the restaurant
- Star Ratings - Star Ratings and how they're calculated
- Restaurant Perks - List of Restaurant Perks and their effects
- Restaurant Perk Cheats - Unlock perks without Restaurant Perk Points.
- Known Bugs & Tips for Usability of Restaurants
Check Out My Youtube Channel!
We now have a Youtube Channel with over 50 guides in video format to go along with the huge site I've already created. Check it out and consider subscribing if you like my style.
Thanks in advance.
Im just thinking if I want to own a few restaurants...
You can reset your game but it won't actually reset any 'problem areas' like weirdly tagged lots and so on if they have been changed by mods. This link (click) takes you to a post where there are a host of How-Tos on our Forum. Scroll down and under the heading 'How-To's' you'll see a link to Factory Reset as well as delete game cache etc. Maybe one of those will help...
5 Million Views!
Latest Videos and Guides
- Sims 4 Ultimate Gameplay Tips Video
- Lot Traits Updated for all DLC
- 10 Objects that Add Gameplay to The Sims 4
- 10+ Mods That Add or Improve Gameplay in The Sims 4
- Spells List Updated & Info on Charge
- Around the World of Glimmerbrook
- Sims 4 Realm of Magic is Available Now. Here’s My Opinion On the Pack
- The Sims 4 Realm of Magic Features Deep-Dive
- Tutorial: Using The Sims 4’s New Stair Customization Tool
Discover University Expansion
The Sims 4 Discover University has been announced for November 15 for PC/Mac and December 17 for Xbox and Playstation 4 consoles. Click to learn more about the pack, see my summary of the livestream or read our FAQs below.
- New Video Discover University Review
- New Video The Sims 4 Discover University Super Student
- New Engineering Career - Mechanical or Computer
- NEW Student Organizations (University Groups)
- Gameplay Features Guide (Robotics, Secret Society) Video
- Updated! Discover University Cheats
- Updated: Degrees Guide now also features a Scholarships List
- Discover University Features Guide
- Education Career - Professor or Administrator?
- Research and Debate Skill - Convince Others & Debate Guild
- Robotics and Cybernetics
- The Secret Society of Britechester
More videos coming soon!
New Patch for November 2019!
Realm of Magic
Search the Site
Dine Out Restaurants
We now have a Videos page, where I'll list every submission to our Sims 4 Gameplay Guides Channel. I'm taking feedback seriously, improving recording and sound quality and other issues with my video guides. Let me know what you think and subscribe for more like it. If you comment on the videos page with a request I may bump it higher on my to do list (no promises though!). Here is a listing of all videos released to date, in order of release:
Sims 4 February Patch Summary
Get Famous: Celestial Crystal Crown
Visit My Channel to Subscribe!
Get Famous First Impressions
First Person Mode (Sims 4 Update)
Get Famous Acting Livestream
Livestream Summary (Latest Patch News)
Patch News: COMING SOON
The Sims 4 Get Famous Expansion
Archaeology Guide (Jungle Adventure)
Jungle Adventure Gameplay
Nerd Brain and Computer Whiz
Spa Day Review and Gameplay Guide
The Sims 4 Whims & How to Use Them
Ambrosia Ingredients and Raising the Dead
The Sims 4: Making a Super Sim
The Sims 4 Careers (Improved)
Seasons Holiday Decorations Guide
Cool Kitchen Stuff
How to Woohoo & Try for Baby
Playing a Moocher
Sims 4 Writing Skill
Father Winter's Baby
Flower Shop Seasons/Get to Work Retail