I now have a guide page to Tiny Living Stuff where you can learn about Murphy Beds, the new death, as well as the lot bonuses you'll receive if you manage to keep the size of your lot down with this new pack's Tiny Home Lot Type.
The Sims 4 Happy Emotion
How to Make Your Sims Very Happy
Happy and Very Happy Moods
Most of the Moodlets in The Sims 4 produce Happiness, which can lead your Sim to get Very Happy if they reach +8. Remember that +8 will get you to any 'Very' Emotion, and all of these stack with the Emotion you'll want. Sims who have the Cheerful Trait will get a Happiness boost at times. Here is how you can get your Sim Very Happy. Once Very Happy, you can be Very Focused, Energized, etc. very easily just by getting one Moodlet of that type of Emotion:
Skill/Career Ideal Moods
Happy is helpful with the Charisma Skill, since it boosts certain Social Interactions and leveling rate, but is not necessarily tied to the Skill like Confident, which increases the success of Interactions. Overall, Happy is a better state than Fine for boosting Skill gains and making your Sim successful. Happy/Very Happy boost Skill gains by 20%/40% respectively. It's also 'safe' since negative Emotions have to break through your cumulative Happy moodlets to bring the Sim down.
A guide to the +Happy Decorated Moodlets in The Sims 4. Includes the break points where you get to +2 happy and the wonderful +3 Beautifully Decorated moodlet.
How to Get Very Happy
- Decorations in the room +1-3 based on the total score
- Having a good meal - +1-3
- Having high Needs - +1/2
- Listening to Music from a Radio (click the Radio then do other things) - +1
- Healthy Green Tea - +2
- Fresh Maker Handiness Upgrade on Fridge, Bidet on Toilet, Auto Soap Dispenser on Sink - all +1 when used
These are just some of the things that can make a Sim Happy, though there are surely more to be found in the game. Also read the main Emotions Guide to learn how Emotions work - Emotional Auras, what determines the main Emotion, and how to control your Sim's mood at all times.
Check Out My Youtube Channel!
We now have a Youtube Channel with over 50 guides in video format to go along with the huge site I've already created. Check it out and consider subscribing if you like my style.
Let's Play a Super Sim!
I've started a series, "Let's Play a Super Sim" in which I start at toddler and gradually take on the major bonuses. Here's a link to each part for people who are interested. You can also see the Let's Play as a Playlist on Youtube.
#1 Making a Top Notch Toddler
#2 Starting Childhood
#3 Finishing Childhood Aspirations
#4 Parenthood Character Values
#5 Teen Goals
#6 Finishing Teen
New #7 Max Teen + Clubs and Tiny Living
New #8 Adulthood - Vampire + Reward
Latest Videos and Guides
- Sims 4 Ultimate Gameplay Tips Video
- Lot Traits Updated for all DLC
- 10 Objects that Add Gameplay to The Sims 4
- 10+ Mods That Add or Improve Gameplay in The Sims 4
- Spells List Updated & Info on Charge
- Around the World of Glimmerbrook
- Sims 4 Realm of Magic is Available Now. Here’s My Opinion On the Pack
- The Sims 4 Realm of Magic Features Deep-Dive
- Tutorial: Using The Sims 4’s New Stair Customization Tool
Discover University Expansion
The Sims 4 Discover University has been announced for November 15 for PC/Mac and December 17 for Xbox and Playstation 4 consoles. Click to learn more about the pack, see my summary of the livestream or read our FAQs below.
- New Career Law Career
- New Video Discover University Review
- New Video The Sims 4 Discover University Super Student
- New Engineering Career - Mechanical or Computer
- NEW Student Organizations (University Groups)
- Gameplay Features Guide (Robotics, Secret Society) Video
- Updated! Discover University Cheats
- Updated: Degrees Guide now also features a Scholarships List
- Discover University Features Guide
- Education Career - Professor or Administrator?
- Research and Debate Skill - Convince Others & Debate Guild
- Robotics and Cybernetics
- The Secret Society of Britechester
More videos coming soon!
New Patch for November 2019!
Realm of Magic
Search the Site
We now have a Videos page, where I'll list every submission to our Sims 4 Gameplay Guides Channel. I'm taking feedback seriously, improving recording and sound quality and other issues with my video guides. Let me know what you think and subscribe for more like it. If you comment on the videos page with a request I may bump it higher on my to do list (no promises though!). Here is a listing of all videos released to date, in order of release:
Sims 4 February Patch Summary
Get Famous: Celestial Crystal Crown
Visit My Channel to Subscribe!
Get Famous First Impressions
First Person Mode (Sims 4 Update)
Get Famous Acting Livestream
Livestream Summary (Latest Patch News)
Patch News: COMING SOON
The Sims 4 Get Famous Expansion
Archaeology Guide (Jungle Adventure)
Jungle Adventure Gameplay
Nerd Brain and Computer Whiz
Spa Day Review and Gameplay Guide
The Sims 4 Whims & How to Use Them
Ambrosia Ingredients and Raising the Dead
The Sims 4: Making a Super Sim
The Sims 4 Careers (Improved)
Seasons Holiday Decorations Guide
Cool Kitchen Stuff
How to Woohoo & Try for Baby
Playing a Moocher
Sims 4 Writing Skill
Father Winter's Baby
Flower Shop Seasons/Get to Work Retail