The Sims 4 Playful Emotion
How to Make Your Sims Very Playful
It's very easy for Sims who are Childish to get Very Playful (by playing with Toys), as well as Goofballs (random Moodlets for Playful). This is one of few positive Emotions that have more than just two stages - you can go beyond Very Playful all the way to Hysterics. Sims that go into hysterics can die from laughter when they hear a joke, so do Calm Self Down by using a Mirror if necessary to save your Sim's life! Dying from laughter is pretty funny though.
How to get Very Playful
Be Happy and:
Actions - User Directed
- Eat Gummy Bear Pancakes (cook while playful) +1/+2 2hrs-3hrs depending on quality
- Make Silly Face (In Mirror) +1 2hrs
- Take a Bubble Bath +2 4hrs
- Watching Comedy TV Channel +1 3hrs
- Playful Club Vibe +1 through to +3 For as long as Club Meeting is Active (Get Together)
- View Playful Art +1 4hrs
- Waterslide Foamy Slide (Backyard Stuff) +1 4hrs
- Playing on Jungle Gym (Children) +1 4hrs
- Watch Hilarious Videos On Sim.TV (Computer under Web) +1 4hrs
- Empathizing with Flirty Sim (Aliens only) +1 4hrs (Get To Work)
- Drinking Cafe Coffee - Macciato +1 4hrs (Get Together)
- Wearing Hysterical Tiger Hat (Delux Edition Clothing Item) +1 6hrs
- Being Voodoo-ed 'Frolic' +2 4hrs
- Wearing Star Spangled Glasses (Delux Edition Accessory items) +2 5hrs
- Essence of Playfulness (Cow Plant) +2 12 hrs
Situations - Game Controlled (Random Chance)
- Playful (From Goofball Trait) +1 4hrs
- Playing on Motion Gaming Mat +1 4hrs
- Viewing Wind Catcher (Backyard Stuff) +1 4hrs
- Funny Day At School (Children/Teens) +1 8hrs
- Ahead Of Rival (School Event) +1 8hrs
- Sneak Peek (Work Event Oracle Branch) +1 8hrs
- Someone Else in Trouble (School Event) +1 13hrs
- Performing/Practising Comedy +2 3hrs
- Ghostly Laughter (Ghosts Only) +2 2hrs
- Drinking Ghostly Goo Serum (Science Career - Get To Work) +2 4hrs
Socials - User Directed
- Telling a Couple of jokes in a row (Funny Conversation) +1 4hrs
- Telling 3 (or so) jokes in a row (On A Roll - Stacks on Funny Conversation) +2 4hrs
- Flash Crazy Eyes - increases duration of other two moodlets Funny Conversation +1 6 hrs and On a Roll +2 5hrs
- If your sim continues to tell jokes the moodlet Funny Conversation continues to rise in duration maxing out at 9hrs
- Funniest Joke in the World (Joke Star Aspiration unlock at completion) +3 3hrs
Items - Auras
- Void Critter Cards +1
- MySim Dolls +1
- Reward Lamp: Pets +1
- Being near a Playful Ghost +1
These are just some of the things that can make a Sim Playful, though there are surely more to be found in the game. Also read the main Emotions Guide to learn how Emotions work - Emotional Auras, what determines the main Emotion, and how to control your Sim's mood at all times.
Check Out My Youtube Channel!
We now have a Youtube Channel with over 50 guides in video format to go along with the huge site I've already created. Check it out and consider subscribing if you like my style.
Share Tips and FAQs (16)
Our Sims 4 Community is the place to go for faster answers to questions and discussions about the game. Use the form below to share your own experiences and provide helpful tips to other readers. We are not affiliated with EA and cannot make changes to the game, nor fix bugs.
We have a list that is on-going on the forum. Even that doesn't have everything! Have a read a leave and post on the thread if you have found any more. It would be amazing to have a complete list.
Emotions and Item/Actions That influence Them
Emotions and Moodlets
New Videos and Guides
Armageddon Mod (Mod/CC Reviews).
Latest in The New How To Section : Learn How to Write Songs and Make Money with Music in The Sims 4. Also, How to Get Abducted by Aliens. We have a guide for using Pregnancy Cheats, Get a Job, Adopting a Kid and How to Cheat.
Alien Abduction: I made a Video Guide to Alien Abductions, Alien Babies in The Sims 4 Get to Work.
New How To Section : The new How To's section is updated with How to Get Abducted by Aliens. You can also learn how to use Pregnancy Cheats, Get a Job, Adopting a Kid and How to Cheat. It's meant to help newcomers or those with specific problems and will be greatly expanded over coming months.
Seasons and Guide Updates
We now have a Videos page, where I'll list every submission to our Sims 4 Gameplay Guides Channel. I'm taking feedback seriously, improving recording and sound quality and other issues with my video guides. Let me know what you think and subscribe for more like it. If you comment on the videos page with a request I may bump it higher on my to do list (no promises though!). Here is a listing of all videos released to date, in order of release:
Sims 4 February Patch Summary
Get Famous: Celestial Crystal Crown
Visit My Channel to Subscribe!
Get Famous First Impressions
First Person Mode (Sims 4 Update)
Get Famous Acting Livestream
Livestream Summary (Latest Patch News)
Patch News: COMING SOON
The Sims 4 Get Famous Expansion
Archaeology Guide (Jungle Adventure)
Jungle Adventure Gameplay
Nerd Brain and Computer Whiz
Spa Day Review and Gameplay Guide
The Sims 4 Whims & How to Use Them
Ambrosia Ingredients and Raising the Dead
The Sims 4: Making a Super Sim
The Sims 4 Careers (Improved)
Seasons Holiday Decorations Guide
Cool Kitchen Stuff
How to Woohoo & Try for Baby
Playing a Moocher
Sims 4 Writing Skill
Father Winter's Baby
Flower Shop Seasons/Get to Work Retail