I've created a massive List of The Best Mods in The Sims 4 that should be very helpful to new players and those who have not yet explored modding and how much it can do for your gameplay.
The Sims 4 Playful Emotion
How to Make Your Sims Very Playful
It's very easy for Sims who are Childish to get Very Playful (by playing with Toys), as well as Goofballs (random Moodlets for Playful). This is one of few positive Emotions that have more than just two stages - you can go beyond Very Playful all the way to Hysterics. Sims that go into hysterics can die from laughter when they hear a joke, so do Calm Self Down by using a Mirror if necessary to save your Sim's life! Dying from laughter is pretty funny though.
How to get Very Playful
Be Happy and:
Actions - User Directed
- Eat Gummy Bear Pancakes (cook while playful) +1/+2 2hrs-3hrs depending on quality
- Make Silly Face (In Mirror) +1 2hrs
- Take a Bubble Bath +2 4hrs
- Watching Comedy TV Channel +1 3hrs
- Playful Club Vibe +1 through to +3 For as long as Club Meeting is Active (Get Together)
- View Playful Art +1 4hrs
- Waterslide Foamy Slide (Backyard Stuff) +1 4hrs
- Playing on Jungle Gym (Children) +1 4hrs
- Watch Hilarious Videos On Sim.TV (Computer under Web) +1 4hrs
- Empathizing with Flirty Sim (Aliens only) +1 4hrs (Get To Work)
- Drinking Cafe Coffee - Macciato +1 4hrs (Get Together)
- Wearing Hysterical Tiger Hat (Delux Edition Clothing Item) +1 6hrs
- Being Voodoo-ed 'Frolic' +2 4hrs
- Wearing Star Spangled Glasses (Delux Edition Accessory items) +2 5hrs
- Essence of Playfulness (Cow Plant) +2 12 hrs
Situations - Game Controlled (Random Chance)
- Playful (From Goofball Trait) +1 4hrs
- Playing on Motion Gaming Mat +1 4hrs
- Viewing Wind Catcher (Backyard Stuff) +1 4hrs
- Funny Day At School (Children/Teens) +1 8hrs
- Ahead Of Rival (School Event) +1 8hrs
- Sneak Peek (Work Event Oracle Branch) +1 8hrs
- Someone Else in Trouble (School Event) +1 13hrs
- Performing/Practising Comedy +2 3hrs
- Ghostly Laughter (Ghosts Only) +2 2hrs
- Drinking Ghostly Goo Serum (Science Career - Get To Work) +2 4hrs
Socials - User Directed
- Telling a Couple of jokes in a row (Funny Conversation) +1 4hrs
- Telling 3 (or so) jokes in a row (On A Roll - Stacks on Funny Conversation) +2 4hrs
- Flash Crazy Eyes - increases duration of other two moodlets Funny Conversation +1 6 hrs and On a Roll +2 5hrs
- If your sim continues to tell jokes the moodlet Funny Conversation continues to rise in duration maxing out at 9hrs
- Funniest Joke in the World (Joke Star Aspiration unlock at completion) +3 3hrs
Items - Auras
- Void Critter Cards +1
- MySim Dolls +1
- Reward Lamp: Pets +1
- Being near a Playful Ghost +1
These are just some of the things that can make a Sim Playful, though there are surely more to be found in the game. Also read the main Emotions Guide to learn how Emotions work - Emotional Auras, what determines the main Emotion, and how to control your Sim's mood at all times.
Check Out My Youtube Channel!
We now have a Youtube Channel with over 50 guides in video format to go along with the huge site I've already created. Check it out and consider subscribing if you like my style.
We have a list that is on-going on the forum. Even that doesn't have everything! Have a read a leave and post on the thread if you have found any more. It would be amazing to have a complete list.
Emotions and Item/Actions That influence Them
Best Mods in Sims 4
Secrets and Other New Stuff
Nifty Knitting is now available. Learn all about the stuff pack on my guide page here.NEW - Nifty Knitting Cheats
New features in the Sims 4 June 2020
The Sims 4 Eco Lifestyle Guide
Eco Footprint: How it Works
Neighborhood Action Plans
How to Cheat in Sims 4 Eco Lifestyle
Civil Designer Career
Insect Farms & Bio Fuel
Fabrication Skill in Eco Lifestyle
Juice Fizzing NEW
Traits and Aspirations in DLC
Gameplay Ideas for Sims 4 Eco Lifestyle
Search my Sims 4 Site
Super Sim Checklist + Other News
This is inspired by a new series in which I start at toddler and gradually take on the major bonuses. Here's a link to the full playlist!
I now have a guide page to Tiny Living Stuff where you can learn about Murphy Beds, the new death, as well as the lot bonuses you'll receive if you manage to keep the size of your lot down with this new pack's Tiny Home Lot Type.
Let's Play Playlist
New I now have a guide to Making Super Sims in The Sims 4. Look for a text version within the next 72h. It won't have THAT much more info but it will help out as a checklist.
This was inspired by a series, "Let's Play a Super Sim" in which I start at toddler and gradually take on the major bonuses. Here's a link to each part for people who are interested. You can also see the Let's Play as a Playlist on Youtube.
Latest Videos and Guides
- Sims 4 Ultimate Gameplay Tips Video
- Lot Traits Updated for all DLC
- 10 Objects that Add Gameplay to The Sims 4
- 10+ Mods That Add or Improve Gameplay in The Sims 4
- Spells List Updated & Info on Charge
- Around the World of Glimmerbrook
- Sims 4 Realm of Magic is Available Now. Here’s My Opinion On the Pack
- The Sims 4 Realm of Magic Features Deep-Dive
- Tutorial: Using The Sims 4’s New Stair Customization Tool
Discover University Expansion
The Sims 4 Discover University has been announced for November 15 for PC/Mac and December 17 for Xbox and Playstation 4 consoles. Click to learn more about the pack, see my summary of the livestream or read our FAQs below.
- New Career Law Career
- New Video Discover University Review
- New Video The Sims 4 Discover University Super Student
- New Engineering Career - Mechanical or Computer
- NEW Student Organizations (University Groups)
- Gameplay Features Guide (Robotics, Secret Society) Video
- Updated! Discover University Cheats
- Updated: Degrees Guide now also features a Scholarships List
- Discover University Features Guide
- Education Career - Professor or Administrator?
- Research and Debate Skill - Convince Others & Debate Guild
- Robotics and Cybernetics
- The Secret Society of Britechester
More videos coming soon!