- New Aspirations in Realm of Magic: Purveyor of Potions and Spellcraft and Sorcery
- Curses Guide
- Realm of Magic Review Video
- Realm of Magic Tips Video
- Magical Bloodline and Caster Offspring
- Realm of Magic Guide
- Realm of Magic Cheats
- Spellcasters in Realm of Magic
- Spellcaster Perks
- Spells List, Casting & Effects
- Spells List Updated & Info on Charge
- Around the World of Glimmerbrook
- Sims 4 Realm of Magic is Available Now. Here’s My Opinion On the Pack
- The Sims 4 Realm of Magic Features Deep-Dive
- Tutorial: Using The Sims 4’s New Stair Customization Tool
- New Staircase Tool – Sims 4 Maxis Monthly Livestream Recap
The Sims 4 Musical Genius Aspiration
Milestones and The Piper Reward Trait
by Tom "Metro" Schlueter
The Base Game has no portable Piano, so I put one in the Park to make Tips
Overview and Set Up
I gave my Sim the following traits while pursuing the Musical Genius Aspiration: Creative (to regularly get Inspired for faster Piano skill gain), Art Lover, and Music Lover.
Milestone I - Tone Deaf
- Practice Music for 6 Hours (75 Satisfaction)
- Listen to Music for 2 Hours (50 Satisfaction)
You'll likely be done with the first Milestone by one day 1. As always, try and fulfill lots of Whims early on to rack up Satisfaction so you can buy rewards down the road to make completing the last Milestones a bit easier.
Milestone II - Fine Tuned
- Achieve Level 4 Skill in an Instrument (300 Satisfaction)
- Play an Instrument for 1 Hour while Inspired (350 Satisfaction)
Another simple Milestone you will probably hit on day 2 or day 3. Taking a Thoughtful Shower right before playing an instrument is an easy way to get Inspired.
Stage III - Harmonius
- Achieve level 6 Skill in an Instrument (500 Satisfaction)
- Write 4 Songs (400 Satifaction)
- Earn $500 from Licensed Songs (500 Satisfaction)
This Milestone will probably take longer than Milestone IV because writing songs takes the better part of a full day for each one (around 8 hours). Plus, you cannot license songs until level 9 of an instrument. Getting $500 from licensing may take a few days because your royalties come in a range - anywhere from around $100 up to about $500.
At this point, assuming you have been diligent in fulfilling lots of Whims, you'll probably have enough Satisfaction to purchase both the daytime and nighttime skilling boost rewards to help you get the last couple levels.
Stage IV - Musical Genius
- Reach level 10 Skill in an Instrument (1000 Satisfaction)
- Have spent 75 Hours Playing Musical Instruments (1000 Satisfaction)
- Mentor others in music for 3 hours (750 Satisfaction)
I ended up capping the Piano skill before I finished Milestone III. With the Mentoring component you'll have quick success just taking control of another Sim in the household and having them Practice with an instrument. Switch back to your musician, click your target and choose Mentor. Going to the nightclub and waiting for another Sim to sit down at the piano - well, all I can say is good luck with that. I actually moved in my Sim's Romantic Interest just to finish up this portion of the final Milestone. Get your target Sim's needs high if they are under your control so you can have a nice long Mentoring session.
The Piper Reward Trait
Once you finish the Aspiration if your musician clicks on their instrument they'll have a new interaction granted from the reward trait - Piper. There are 4 different songs available: Carol of Cleaning (make Sims Clean), Ditty of Drowsiness (Sleep), Etude of Egress (Make Sims Leave), and Song of Sophistication (Change to Formalwear). By playing one of these songs your musician can influence the behavior of another nearby Sim. Not all of them work 100% of the time.
Carol of Cleanliness. Alas, the puddle from a broken shower was never mopped up.
Check Out My Youtube Channel!
We now have a Youtube Channel with over 50 guides in video format to go along with the huge site I've already created. Check it out and consider subscribing if you like my style.
This policy contains information about your privacy. By posting, you are declaring that you understand this policy:
- Your name, rating, website address, town, country, state and comment will be publicly displayed if entered.
- Aside from the data entered into these form fields, other stored data about your comment will include:
- Your IP address (not displayed)
- The time/date of your submission (displayed)
- Your email address will not be shared. It is collected for only two reasons:
- Administrative purposes, should a need to contact you arise.
- To inform you of new comments, should you subscribe to receive notifications.
- A cookie may be set on your computer. This is used to remember your inputs. It will expire by itself.
This policy is subject to change at any time and without notice.
Lol Didn't know these piper songs could influence them. Now when it's bed time for all of my sims, I just play the Ditty of Drowsiness to make them all sleep. However I noticed the songs are based on real ones. Ditty of Drowsiness is based on Twinkle Twinkle Little Star. Song of Sophistication sounds very familiar too.
Does anyone know what songs they're based on? Thanks!
When you invite sims to vacay with you they remain uncontrolled by you if they were not already in your household through.
Honestly, this milestone confuses me since it wants you to be level 6 in an instrument but to do a task that requires level 8
Does the 'mentor' requirement for step 4 of this aspiration mean getting the 'mentor' reward from the rewards drop down, or does 'mentor' automatically come available on level 10 of an instrument?
Realm of Magic
The Sims 4 Realm of Magic comes September 10 for PC/Mac and releases October 15 for Xbox One and Playstation 4. See my Video Guide to Features in Realm of Magic. We've compiled information on upcoming features from developer tweets and used the trailer to try to share everything we know.
NEW - Here is the Text Guide to Realm of Magic.
The Sims 4 Moschino Stuff Review
New: The Sims 4 Moschino Stuff Review - My thoughts on the photography improvements, fashion photographer, and build buy additions in The Sims 4 Moschino Stuff which is available today for PC/Mac.
The Sims 4 Moschino Stuff Pack is available by 12:30-1PM EST for PC/Mac and September 3 for Xbox One and Playstation 4. Click to learn about the new pack, freelance photography and the new clothing. You can also see my announcement video and the game's trailer within that upload.
Search the Site
Sims 4 Aspirations & Reward Traits
New Videos and Guides
Armageddon Mod (Mod/CC Reviews).
Latest in The New How To Section : Learn How to Write Songs and Make Money with Music in The Sims 4. Also, How to Get Abducted by Aliens. We have a guide for using Pregnancy Cheats, Get a Job, Adopting a Kid and How to Cheat.
Alien Abduction: I made a Video Guide to Alien Abductions, Alien Babies in The Sims 4 Get to Work.
New How To Section : The new How To's section is updated with How to Get Abducted by Aliens. You can also learn how to use Pregnancy Cheats, Get a Job, Adopting a Kid and How to Cheat. It's meant to help newcomers or those with specific problems and will be greatly expanded over coming months.
We now have a Videos page, where I'll list every submission to our Sims 4 Gameplay Guides Channel. I'm taking feedback seriously, improving recording and sound quality and other issues with my video guides. Let me know what you think and subscribe for more like it. If you comment on the videos page with a request I may bump it higher on my to do list (no promises though!). Here is a listing of all videos released to date, in order of release:
Sims 4 February Patch Summary
Get Famous: Celestial Crystal Crown
Visit My Channel to Subscribe!
Get Famous First Impressions
First Person Mode (Sims 4 Update)
Get Famous Acting Livestream
Livestream Summary (Latest Patch News)
Patch News: COMING SOON
The Sims 4 Get Famous Expansion
Archaeology Guide (Jungle Adventure)
Jungle Adventure Gameplay
Nerd Brain and Computer Whiz
Spa Day Review and Gameplay Guide
The Sims 4 Whims & How to Use Them
Ambrosia Ingredients and Raising the Dead
The Sims 4: Making a Super Sim
The Sims 4 Careers (Improved)
Seasons Holiday Decorations Guide
Cool Kitchen Stuff
How to Woohoo & Try for Baby
Playing a Moocher
Sims 4 Writing Skill
Father Winter's Baby
Flower Shop Seasons/Get to Work Retail