New features in the Sims 4 June 2020
The Sims 4 Eco Lifestyle Guide
Eco Footprint: How it Works
Neighborhood Action Plans
How to Cheat in Sims 4 Eco Lifestyle
Civil Designer Career
Insect Farms & Bio Fuel
Fabrication Skill in Eco Lifestyle
Juice Fizzing NEW
Traits and Aspirations in DLC
Gameplay Ideas for Sims 4 Eco Lifestyle
The Sims 4 Painter Extraordinaire Aspiration
Milestones and The Expressionistic Reward Trait
by Tom "Metro" Schlueter
Completing the Aspiration Awards the Expressionistic Trait
Overview and Set Up
This is a very straightforward Aspiration involving painting, painting, and more painting. The Painter career is not specifically required with this Aspiration, but because of the benefit of selling to the Art Gallery and the two Easels (which raise painting quality) unlocked at different points in the career it just makes sense. Plus, after you cap the career you're only going in two days a week, so it's not a huge time commitment.
I named my Sim Frank Frazetta, one of my favorite artists, and gave him straightforward and obvious traits: Creative, Art Lover, and Perfectionist. Creative Sims tend to be Inspired which is the emotional state you want to be in for the best painting skill gain, but even better - it makes Painting fun for Sims. Perfectionists take a bit longer to make stuff, but have a higher chance of better quality items which is important in the last two components of the Aspiration.
Stage I - Ill at Easel
- Start 3 paintings while Inspired (75 Satisfaction)
- Paint for 5 hours (75 Satisfaction).
This is a very simple Aspiration stage to complete and Frank knocked it out by the end of the first day. Thoughtful Showers as well as having the Shine On Ambitions Award and the Enchanted Aurora Supernatural Award (both providing Inspiring Decor: 4) enabled and near his easel kept Frank Inspired. If you lack these Reward lamps, know you can easily get Inspired by taking a Thoughtful Shower, Admiring Art with Art Lover, and with Outdoor Retreat, by Cloud/Stargazing.
Stage II - Fine Artist
- Reach level 4 Painting skill (300 Satisfaction).
- Sell 3 paintings to Collectors or Art Gallery (250 Satisfaction).
- Complete 3 emotional paintings (200 Satisfaction).
10 Million Views! My YouTube channel has grown a lot the last 6 months. I now have over 125 videos on Youtube and am nearing 100k subscribers. I'd like to invite people to check out my content and, if you like what I'm doing, subscribe!
Taking different kinds of showers and watching various TV shows is a simple solution to get your Sim in different emotional states for that portion of the Aspiration. Frank finished the Fine Artist component late Friday and then had the 2k Satisfaction to get the Creative Visionary reward - most definitely the first reward any painter should get.
Stage III - Brushing with Greatness
- Achieve Level 6 Painting Skill (500 Satisfaction)
- View or Admire 3 Paintings at a Museum (350 Satifaction)
- Complete 10 Excellent Paintings (500 Satisfaction)
The level 4 Painting career reward easel, making your Sim Inspired, being a Perfectionist, and the Creative Visionary Store reward all work together to help make your final paintings better quality. Masterpieces are a little more challenging to obtain, but nearly every single painting you do should be "Excellent" if you have all your ducks in a row.
Stage IV - Painter Extraordinaire
- Achieve level 10 Painting skill (1500 Satisfaction)
- Complete 5 masterpieces (1250 Satisfaction)
You do not have as much time to paint if you are tied up for hours in the Painter career, but the two big job perks - the level 8 Easel and the ability to sell to the Art Gallery for extra money - makes the career totally worth it. Obtaining the 5 Masterpieces for the final Milestone will come more quickly with that good Career easel.
Expressionistic Reward Trait
The Expressionistic Reward Trait is the bonus for completing this Aspiration. It allows your Sim to Paint, Write, and use Handiness' Woodcutting abilities to create Emotional Art without being in the proper Emotional State. This can help you to earn money while also improving the variety of works you can produce without needing to be Sad, Angry, or Flirty.
Check Out My Youtube Channel!
We now have a Youtube Channel with over 50 guides in video format to go along with the huge site I've already created. Check it out and consider subscribing if you like my style.
Find a pen pal
Check back later for pen pal replies
Write a letter to the place that replied.
After a bit request a postcard from that place.
Get the bulletin board from buy mode (under activities and skills/misc). Put it near where You want to be inspired. When the postcard comes in the mail, drag it from inventory to the bulletin board.
You can do this a lot. I usually find a pen pal again immediately after getting a reply. It’s nice in the kitchen for cooking inspiration too.
Nifty Knitting & Eco Lifestyle Guides
New features in the Sims 4 June 2020
Search my Sims 4 Site
Sims 4 Aspirations & Reward Traits
Super Sim Checklist + Other News
This is inspired by a new series in which I start at toddler and gradually take on the major bonuses. Here's a link to the full playlist!
I now have a guide page to Tiny Living Stuff where you can learn about Murphy Beds, the new death, as well as the lot bonuses you'll receive if you manage to keep the size of your lot down with this new pack's Tiny Home Lot Type.
Let's Play Playlist
New I now have a guide to Making Super Sims in The Sims 4. Look for a text version within the next 72h. It won't have THAT much more info but it will help out as a checklist.
This was inspired by a series, "Let's Play a Super Sim" in which I start at toddler and gradually take on the major bonuses. Here's a link to each part for people who are interested. You can also see the Let's Play as a Playlist on Youtube.
Latest Videos and Guides
- Sims 4 Ultimate Gameplay Tips Video
- Lot Traits Updated for all DLC
- 10 Objects that Add Gameplay to The Sims 4
- 10+ Mods That Add or Improve Gameplay in The Sims 4
- Spells List Updated & Info on Charge
- Around the World of Glimmerbrook
- Sims 4 Realm of Magic is Available Now. Here’s My Opinion On the Pack
- The Sims 4 Realm of Magic Features Deep-Dive
- Tutorial: Using The Sims 4’s New Stair Customization Tool
Discover University Expansion
The Sims 4 Discover University has been announced for November 15 for PC/Mac and December 17 for Xbox and Playstation 4 consoles. Click to learn more about the pack, see my summary of the livestream or read our FAQs below.
- New Career Law Career
- New Video Discover University Review
- New Video The Sims 4 Discover University Super Student
- New Engineering Career - Mechanical or Computer
- NEW Student Organizations (University Groups)
- Gameplay Features Guide (Robotics, Secret Society) Video
- Updated! Discover University Cheats
- Updated: Degrees Guide now also features a Scholarships List
- Discover University Features Guide
- Education Career - Professor or Administrator?
- Research and Debate Skill - Convince Others & Debate Guild
- Robotics and Cybernetics
- The Secret Society of Britechester
More videos coming soon!